The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's split up? Mm11

McCann's split up? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann's split up? Mm11

McCann's split up? Regist10

McCann's split up?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann's split up? Empty McCann's split up?

Post by Guest 05.07.13 18:41

From the Telegraph........

Who would be Kate McCann? The kind of pressure, torment and double-edged hope she must live with everyday would surely have crippled most of us by now. To lose a child is bad enough, but to then be made a suspect in that child’s murder, to be exploited and intruded upon by newspapers as detailed in her evidence to the Leveson Inquiry, to deal with hundreds of supposed sightings of her little girl in the months and years that have followed from that fateful night, endless speculation, hopes raised and dashed, the break up of her marriage and feeling that this will never be resolved

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10162189/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-Kate-McCann-Dignified-polite-a-fighter-a-true-marvel-of-a-woman.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCann's split up? Empty Re: McCann's split up?

Post by PeterMac 05.07.13 18:44

Interesting.
Not in a red top either.
Now they are on their own. Can either trust the other ?
No more hand holding and squeezing of shoulders and groins in interviews.
I wonder which one CM will choose to represent ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 18:50

This news released today, right after the SY announcement.  Don't know what to make of it.  i don\'t know
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.07.13 18:51

tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto 05.07.13 18:53

OR just another one of their devious ploys to garter sympathy for the upcoming Lebel Trial with GA??
Pity party for Kate & Gerry
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 05.07.13 18:54

Phew - glad this forum is still here! Could not login, and did wonder if it had been whooshed...
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 18:59

I actually think, they split up long time ago.
Remember the Rothley kitchen scene [I think it was Oprahs, but could be wrong], when Kate asks the remaining children [O.K. that was mean of me ...] when Gerry arrives and knocks on the kitchen door: "Shall we let him in?", before she turns the key ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:06

Karen Pinto wrote:OR just another one of their devious ploys to garter sympathy for the upcoming Lebel Trial with GA??
Pity party for Kate & Gerry

You may be on to something there, Karen.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.07.13 19:08

It is, sadly, not unusual in couples who have lost a child under even more 'normal' circumstances
Guilt, blame, mistrust, different and incompatible coping mechanisms and yes - lack of ability to trust sufficiently to resume relations - all play their part.
There are many academic studies on the phenomenon
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:12

Châtelaine wrote:I actually think, they split up long time ago.
Remember the Rothley kitchen scene [I think it was Oprahs, but could be wrong], when Kate asks the remaining children [O.K. that was mean of me ...] when Gerry arrives and knocks on the kitchen door: "Shall we let him in?", before she turns the key ...

I hear you Chatelaine.

The obvious question is: why release the information NOW- a day after the official announcement that the review was now becoming an investigation?

It's all calculated IMO.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 19:12

I gather Katy had a little chat with Kate to know about a split; but then she would have been corrected re her claim that Kate was made a suspect in the murder of her daughter, not the case.
 Sloppy journalism, so why believe her assertion about a marital split?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 05.07.13 19:16

ShuBob wrote:

I hear you Chatelaine.

The obvious question is: why release the information NOW- a day after the official announcement that the review was now becoming an investigation?

It's all calculated IMO.
Why does it make me think it's more a reflection on the upcoming Goncalo Amaral trial ?
Has a date been set, and would there be an advantage here?
I am prepared to accept that I am totally wrong to have had this immediate thought, but I did.spin
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 19:20

ShuBob wrote:

I hear you Chatelaine.

It's all calculated IMO.

There has not been a release of info......it was a claim in a poorly written piece of journalism. Considering the error re Kate's arguida status, she was not a suspect, that term is not the same as our term suspect and she was suspected in involvement in Maddies disappearance, not murder....the police believed she and her husband hid Maddie's body after she suffered a fatal accident.  [.didn't they?? ], I would not think anything written in that piece is reliable.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.07.13 19:21

bobbin wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

I hear you Chatelaine.

It's all calculated IMO.
Why does it make me think it's more a reflection on the upcoming Goncalo Amaral trial ?
Has a date been set, and would there be an advantage here?
I am prepared to accept that I am totally wrong to have had this immediate thought, but I did.spin

hmmm,there's a thought.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 05.07.13 19:21

I thought the marriage had broken down a while ago it just hadn't been reported

From watching them I feel the marriage was on the rocks before they even went to PDL and they bonded again in the aftermath but they looked like a pair of teenagers who'd just met rather than a mature long standing couple with kids.

However marriage breakdown does not automatically mean they are living apart although I guess they are

lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 05.07.13 19:23

PeterMac wrote:It is, sadly, not unusual in couples who have lost a child under even more 'normal' circumstances
Guilt, blame, mistrust, different and incompatible coping mechanisms and yes - lack of ability to trust sufficiently to resume relations - all play their part.

Indeed, so the big question is, is the split for real or is it just a big sympathy play?
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 05.07.13 19:27

Interesting psychology! - there can be no one who despises KM more than me, but I must admit I felt sorry for when I heard this... so there will be a big sympathy vote out there for her, especially from those who always swallowed the abduction story...
The Telegraph thing cannot have just slipped out erroneously - of course she, Clarrie et al will have had editorial control.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:43

russiandoll wrote:I gather Katy had a little chat with Kate to know about a split; but then she would have been corrected re her claim that Kate was made a suspect in the murder of her daughter, not the case.
 Sloppy journalism, so why believe her assertion about a marital split?

Because that's what the McCanns were saying albeit on the quiet. Remember Kate's interview with Lori Campbell on her way to be made an arguido? She was quoted as saying something like "They don't want a murder in Portugal so they are blaming us". That was the first time murder was mentioned as far as I can remember.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:47

russiandoll wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

I hear you Chatelaine.

It's all calculated IMO.

There has not been a release of info......it was a claim in a poorly written piece of journalism. Considering the error re Kate's arguida status, she was not a suspect, that term is not the same as our term suspect and she was suspected in involvement in Maddies disappearance, not murder....the police believed she and her husband hid Maddie's body after she suffered a fatal accident.  [.didn't they?? ], I would not think anything written in that piece is reliable.

You may be right but I wouldn't necessarily call it sloopy journalism. Remember the David James Smith article in The Times titled "Beyond the smears"? On the surface, it was sloopy journalism but as it turned out, it was the McCanns themselves who fed him the information.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 05.07.13 19:48

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that lately, it's all about Kate's suffering and how strong she is and has been? Gerry is conspicuous by his absence.

I couldn't help notice this in yesterday's Guardian:

Kate and Gerry McCann were absent when the detective who represents probably the last hope of finding their daughter Madeleine, calmly outlined the new evidence he had unearthed about her disappearance
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 19:50

point taken re a chat with Kate shubob....I was being tongue in cheek re that !
 Ms Brand needed to check her facts. Kate was suspected of a crime, Ms Brand did not say people suspected her, but that she was MADE A SUSPECT. This is a clear ref to Portuguese police and there is nothing on file to say that her arguida status was related to the murder of her child.

Another error......Maddie did not disappear from a hotel room.

It is a sloppy piece of writing and imo needs corrections.
 Clearly some facts were  not checked nor proof-reading done.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:53

sallypelt wrote:Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that lately, it's all about Kate's suffering and how strong she is and has been? Gerry is conspicuous by his absence.

I couldn't help notice this in yesterday's Guardian:

Kate and Gerry McCann were absent when the detective who represents probably the last hope of finding their daughter Madeleine, calmly outlined the new evidence he had unearthed about her disappearance

It's not just you, Sally.

The way the article is written, you'd think only Kate lost her daughter and was then made an arguido. You wouldn't know Gerry faced exactly the same. It's gone back to the old days when Clarence, Gerry and his family gave the impression that Kate was the main suspect.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 19:55

Rufus T wrote:
PeterMac wrote:It is, sadly, not unusual in couples who have lost a child under even more 'normal' circumstances

Indeed, so the big question is, is the split for real or is it just a big sympathy play?

If the article is accurate, I think it highly unlikely they'd invent a split for sympathy. The 'parents of missing child' angle is sympathy-generating enough and marriage splits are not at all the kind of thing people do for good PR – marriages, yes; divorces, no. Apart from anything else, there are too many judgemental people who'd think they should make an effort for the sake of the children. In fact, I think the reverse is true and if anything they would be more likely to pretend to still be a couple even if their marriage had broken down. Their air of respectability as well as their professional status is, I'm sure, part of why they are still trusted by many members of the public, despite the refusal the answer police questions, the former arguido status etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.07.13 19:58

russiandoll wrote:point taken re a chat with Kate shubob....I was being tongue in cheek re that !
 Ms Brand needed to check her facts. Kate was suspected of a crime, Ms Brand did not say people suspected her, but that she was MADE A SUSPECT. This is a clear ref to Portuguese police and there is nothing on file to say that her arguida status was related to the murder of her child.

Another error......Maddie did not disappear from a hotel room.

It is a sloppy piece of writing and imo needs corrections.
 Clearly some facts were  not checked nor proof-reading done.

I totally get what you're saying but I'm of the belief she's using the McCanns' PR strategy i.e. ignore the facts and go for the ridiculous claims. Kate knew she was going to be made an arguido but gave Lori Campbell an interview where she insinuated she was being blamed for murder. It's how they tried to discredit The Express by homing in on the outrageous stories when we know some of the stories were true.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 19:59

I agree, Popcorn. I think they're slipping in the divorce on the back of the big story about the SY breakthrough. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been separated for a long time and one of them has begun a relationship that can't remain hidden.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum