The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THE CASE OF THE LEGLESS WAITER - PARAISO RESTAURANT CCTV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE CASE OF THE LEGLESS WAITER - PARAISO RESTAURANT CCTV

Post by skyrocket on 11.06.17 16:55

I'd be grateful if someone would upload the 2 CCTV photos below - as usual I'm unable to do it on my Mac (file is always too big) - apologies.

I know everyone likes photo threads - so here's one as an alternative to politics.

How do you suppose the Paraiso waiter captured on  the CCTV image at 17.59 hours on the 3 May, managed to lose his left leg - without perhaps 'help'/interference from some outside party? Note that the floor boards are clearly visible.

And, why do the figures back right appear so bizarre between 17.59 and 18.13 hours, and yet relatively normal before and after?

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/R/11_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3272.jpg

Also, what is Dr Suess's 'Cat in a Hat' doing hiding on the table behind Dr Matthew Oldfield?

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/R/10_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3271.jpg

So many things wrong with these images.
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Re: THE CASE OF THE LEGLESS WAITER - PARAISO RESTAURANT CCTV

Post by MrsC on 11.06.17 18:28

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 11.06.17 18:36

@MrsC - many thanks for the upload. high5
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 12.06.17 9:05

The complete set of CCTV images from the Paraiso restaurant can be viewed here:

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PARAISO.htm

The safety rail of the Paraiso Restaurant can be seen to be between 1.6m and 1.7m above beach level (from various online photos). There are 2 sets of swings infront of the restaurant on the beach. Looking out from the restaurant the left hand set of swings is about the same height as the safety rail. The top horizontal bar of the swings can be seen as a black line in the CCTV photos, above right of the tapas 7 table (underneath the sun shades).

The image of the woman on the beach, shown in the following link above the seated man's head, is quite obviously not next to the swings as the figures head would be more on a level with the horizontal swing bar and the image would be smaller and less detailed, as others appear in related images; and yet, if close to the restaurant rail the person would be 1.6m at hip height.

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/R/5_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3269.jpg

Why does Fiona Payne's face appear so odd in the following CCTV image?

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/R/12_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3272.jpg

Just as an aside - the Paraiso Restaurant has had a complete refit or possibly rebuild since 2007. Quite a transformation and obviously a lot of money spent on it.

http://www.paraisodaluz.com/Images/gallery/newphotos/01.jpg
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 10:03

Good spot!

I have no explanation for this.

I usually can explain the "dodgy" photos. 

What has happened here?
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 12.06.17 10:29

if they are buildings in the distance on the top right, they look different too. Look at the dark blobs like windows-4in pic 10, two plus 2 squiggles in pic 11...
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.06.17 13:38

There is always distortion in CCTV footage, the cheaper the device the poorer the quality of image - it doesn't signify.

Here's another random image of a one legged man for comparison..

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 14:12

Verdi wrote:There is always distortion in CCTV footage, the cheaper the device the poorer the quality of image - it doesn't signify.

Here's another random image of a one legged man for comparison..

That one is not the same.
His leg is angled back at the knee.

No way is that the case in the waiter picture.

As you know I usually pick the picture theories apart.

It's not distortion or compression in this case. It really does look like a bad photoshop. The leg is chopped off above the knee and that is the same floor boards in both pictures.

I've been flicking back and forwards through the whole set of pictures for a while.

This one is really odd.

I can't think how this could have happened, or more importantly why?

If it is genuinely dodgy then something has been (badly) hidden by a crop from another frame.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 12.06.17 15:54

@Verdi - I agree with @BlueBag re: the boy's leg, in the cctv image you have produced above. And yes I agree @worriedmum, there are many other oddities within these images.

@BlueBag - I can't explain this one rationally either. It's not just a case of a grainy/poor image quality.

But looking at your set of 4 images (thanks for those) I've just noticed something else - look at the top of the pram in pic 10. There are 2 black 'lumps' for want of a better word. The left hand one is most likely the end of the LH pram handle, but what about the second 'lump' in this shot only? There also seems to be an identical lump at the cut off point on the waiter's missing leg.

I have recollections that Paraiso owner Migual Matias was revealed to have been a shady character by the Portuguese press (hadn't he been involved with the police before?) - someone may recall what the story was. His story of Gerry McCann and Madeleine dancing together in his restaurant, which appeared in British press, was exposed as being mistaken identity or a blatant untruth. The set of cctv images wasn't given to the PJ until 8 May. Did someone get to them (and Matias) first?

IMO, if just one cctv image has been photoshopped, that mere fact alone is bigger than any of the other ramifications of these images being unreliable.
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.06.17 16:14

BlueBag wrote:
That one is not the same.
His leg is angled back at the knee.
Not so - you can watch the clip as he's walking here in the news report, about half way down the page..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1676971/cannibal-frat-boys-dad-apologises-to-victims-family-and-reveals-how-his-son-guzzled-cooking-oil-and-said-he-had-superpowers-on-night-of-attack/

You will note, before the still previously posted, as he enters the room for a split second the leg disappears - also the waiter's leg partly disappears as he walks through the same beam of light.

Not convinced.  CCTV footage varies considerably depending on the quality of the equipment the angle of the camera and where it's installed - different factors will make a significant difference to image quality.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 16:25

Sorry Verdie, that all looks quite natural to me.

It's nothing like the Paradiso. 

The floorboards are visible and he's within the shaded section.

The leg stops above the knee.

Something is not right with this picture and you know what a stickler I am about the pictures.

BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 16:34

No beams of light.

BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.06.17 16:36

BlueBag wrote:Sorry Verdie, that all looks quite natural to me.
OK fair enough, I'll leave it you!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 16:45

OK I changed my mind.

His leg is behind the chair seat and the missing bit is light catching the edge of the seat mixed (by the magic of digital compression) with the lighter coloured floor.

He's also wearing an apron I think.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 16:49

Reminds me of the famous spaceman photo.

Looks weird until you know the full story.

(It's the girl's Mum looking away from the camera).
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.06.17 17:16

BlueBag wrote:OK I changed my mind.

His leg is behind the chair seat and the missing bit is light catching the edge of the seat mixed (by the magic of digital compression) with the lighter coloured floor.

He's also wearing an apron I think.
I can't cope with another daft photo thread. I'm surprised someone hasn't said there's a weird black screw sticking out of the waiter's hip.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.06.17 17:28

MrsC wrote:
Let's do stupid, picture shows Matt Oldfield's arm missing, then other picture shows Matt Oldfield's arm as some strange spectre.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.06.17 17:36

We got there in the end.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 12.06.17 17:40

@BlueBag (and @Verdi)- that seems completely plausible and I am happy to take the waiter's leg as sorted. Thanks for your combined efforts.

I'm still not happy with these images in general but I'll live with them. 

@Aquila - I am not remotely embarrassed at having raised this point, and stating something is daft after it has proven to be unlikely doesn't count, you have to get in quicker than that! That's what this site is all about isn't it - raising questions; sometimes others coming up with answers and sometimes not; on rare occasions, hitting on something of relevance. A bit of teamwork goes a long way. m1264
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.06.17 17:59

skyrocket wrote:@BlueBag (and @Verdi)- that seems completely plausible and I am happy to take the waiter's leg as sorted. Thanks for your combined efforts.

I'm still not happy with these images in general but I'll live with them. 

@Aquila - I am not remotely embarrassed at having raised this point, and stating something is daft after it has proven to be unlikely doesn't count, you have to get in quicker than that! That's what this site is all about isn't it - raising questions; sometimes others coming up with answers and sometimes not; on rare occasions, hitting on something of relevance. A bit of teamwork goes a long way. m1264
Well that rather depends on what you mean by teamwork.
aquila

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum