The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Mm11

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Mm11

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Regist10

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive?

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did the British government, its security services, and top men like Clarence Mitchell and Jim Gamble, pull out all the stops to help the McCanns?

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap4%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap13%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap4%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap40%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 19 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap19%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 9 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap0%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap10%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_lcap2%If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 48

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Empty If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive?

Post by Jill Havern 06.07.20 18:25

What was the motive?

Many on the forum do not believe the official narrative that Madeleine was abducted between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on Thursday 3 May 2007.

Many believe that she died in her parents' apartment. Some say, along with Gonçalo Amaral, that she died after 5.30pm on the Thursday. Some say it was as early as Sunday that week. Others think it might have been any time between Sunday and Thursday evening.

But then comes the question: if she did die, why did the McCanns cover it up, especially if it was just an accident?

But then comes an even more difficult question: why did the Tapas 7 cover this up by going along with the abduction hoax?

Was Cat Baker involved in  the cover-up, if so, why?

Did any other creche workers or other Mark Warner/Ocean Club staff take part in this cover-up, if so why?

Was Alex Woolfall, Head of Risk at Bell Pottinger, involved in the cover-up, if so why?

Was the British government involved in the cover-up, if so why? And so on.

I'm opening this thread to see if any member has suggestions on the possible motives for covering up the truth. Was it self-interest? Is it because of the way Madeleine died?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41605

Cammerigal and Justice_4_Maddie like this post

Back to top Go down

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Empty Re: If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive?

Post by Tony Bennett 06.07.20 19:11

Jill Havern wrote:What was the motive?

Many on the forum do not believe the official narrative that Madeleine was abducted between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on Thursday 3 May 2007.

Many believe that she died in her parents' apartment. Some say, along with Gonçalo Amaral, that she died after 5.30pm on the Thursday. Some say it was as early as Sunday that week. Others think it might have been any time between Sunday and Thursday evening.

But then comes the question: if she did die, why did the McCanns cover it up, especially if it was just an accident?

But then comes an even more difficult question: why did the Tapas 7 cover this up by going along with the abduction hoax?

Did any other creche workers or other Mark Warner/Ocean Club staff take part in this cover-up, if so why?

Was Alex Woolfall, Head of Risk at Bell Pottinger, involved in the cover-up, if so why?

I'm opening this thread to see if any member has suggestions on the possible motives for covering up the truth. Was it self-interest? Is it because of the way Madeleine died?

Goncalo Amaral said she probably died from an accident after 5.30pm Thursday. Doesn't explain the vast cover-up.

Some say she died from over-sedation i.e. chemical drugs. Still doesn't explain the vast cover-up.

Some say many of the guests were swingers. If that were the case, they might want to hide that. But would that alone trigger such a vast cover-up? I don't think so. 

Some look at the number of doctors present that week and suggest that Madeleine was part of a drugs trial gone wrong or that Madeleine being an IVF child was part of some eugenics/biological research. Still hard to see why e.g. the Tapas 7 rallied round, unless they too were involved in exactly the same activity.   

If one of the parents lost their cool with Madeleine and hit her and she suffered a fatal accident, would that trigger a vast cover-up involving the Tapas 7, creche workers, Mark Warner staff and the government and secret service agencies etc.? Doubtful.

Something else may be?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive? Empty Re: If Madeleine died in PdL and there was a cover-up, what was the motive?

Post by Daedalus 06.07.20 19:46

There doesn't need to be one shared motive for all of the interested parties: conspiracies / cover-ups often occur when multiple interests converge.

The McCann's personal motive's are obvious; the British security establishment may have ran interference in case the Portuguese investigation exposed (unconnected) politically sensitive paedophilia in the area; Blair/Brown may have thought it was a good story to have on the front pages whilst their transfer of power was taking place; the press wouldn't have got 13 years worth of mileage out of the case if the parents had been convicted early on; Portuguese/British/ EU relations during the Lisbon Treaty (this last one is particularly interesting given that the story has been resurrected after Britain has left the EU and that the investigation is now being driven by Germany). Etc, etc.

Not saying any of this is true, just saying that there may be many motives involved.
Daedalus
Daedalus

Activity : 3

crispbee2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 06.07.20 20:33

Daedalus wrote:There doesn't need to be one shared motive for all of the interested parties: conspiracies / cover-ups often occur when multiple interests converge.

The McCann's personal motive's are obvious; the British security establishment may have ran interference in case the Portuguese investigation exposed (unconnected) politically sensitive paedophilia in the area; Blair/Brown may have thought it was a good story to have on the front pages whilst their transfer of power was taking place; the press wouldn't have got 13 years worth of mileage out of the case if the parents had been convicted early on; Portuguese/British/ EU relations during the Lisbon Treaty (this last one is particularly interesting given that the story has been resurrected after Britain has left the EU and that the investigation is now being driven by Germany). Etc, etc.

Not saying any of this is true, just saying that there may be many motives 
When Kate raised the alarm about Madeleine being missing she supposedly said two things. ‘They’ve taken her’ and ‘we’ve let her down’.  Those are very strange things to say when you’ve just realised your child is missing.   I know that doesn’t answer the motive but I can’t help thinking that something untoward was going on with regards to Madeleine.  
 Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Cammerigal and catherynelizabethperry1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 06.07.20 20:56

MTSTAR wrote:
Daedalus wrote:There doesn't need to be one shared motive for all of the interested parties: conspiracies / cover-ups often occur when multiple interests converge.

When Kate raised the alarm about Madeleine being missing she supposedly said two things. ‘They’ve taken her’ and ‘we’ve let her down’.  Those are very strange things to say when you’ve just realised your child is missing.   I know that doesn’t answer the motive but I can’t help thinking that something untoward was going on with regards to Madeleine.  

to be honest I think those are perfectly normal things to say and think when you realise your child has gone missing because you left her alone whilst you had a dinner date with friends. imagine the fear and shock and guilt you'd feel if your child was gone because you left her alone no
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Activity : 17

Cammerigal, Milo and Shellsbells dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 06.07.20 21:09

Justice_4_Maddie wrote:
MTSTAR wrote:

to be honest I think those are perfectly normal things to say and think when you realise your child has gone missing because you left her alone whilst you had a dinner date with friends. imagine the fear and shock and guilt you'd feel if your child was gone because you left her alone no
But who are the ‘they’ she refers to?
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 06.07.20 22:49

Trying to picture myself in Kate's position.
Reckon I'd phone Gerry first. (Oh, but he didn't have a phone.) 
I'd never leave the twins. 
But if I did, in innocent circumstances, I imagine I'd say something like" OMG she's not here! Madeleine's not here!" 
Followed by something like, "What do you mean she's not there?"
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Shellsbells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.07.20 23:17

Lance De Boils wrote:Trying to picture myself in Kate's position.
Reckon I'd phone Gerry first. (Oh, but he didn't have a phone.) 
I'd never leave the twins. 
But if I did, in innocent circumstances, I imagine I'd say something like" OMG she's not here! Madeleine's not here!" 
Followed by something like, "What do you mean she's not there?"

Why didn't she call for Russell who was nearby, or Jane whichever one was really in their apartment that time?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Shellsbells and REALBEACHY like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 06.07.20 23:20

Good question! Nothing makes sense to me.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Milo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REALBEACHY 07.07.20 0:39

I HAVE HAD LITERALLY YEAS TO THINK ABOUT THIS, AND MY OPINION HAS CHANGED VERY LITTLE SINCE 3ARGUIDOS DAYS:  I DO NOT BELIEVE MADDIE WAS DELIBERATELY KILLED BY HER PARENTS NOR ANY TAPAS GROUP MEMBERS, AND I STILL DOUBT THE PAEDO THEORIES ABOUT THE GROUP.  I STILL BELIEVE THAT IN SHOCK AND HORROR, THE MCCANNS PANICKED AND TRIED TO CONCEAL THE FACT THAT THEY HAD BEEN LEAVING SUCH YOUNG CHILDREN ALONE NIGHT AFTER NIGHT.  I FEEL VERY BAD FOR THEM.  IMAGINE COMING BACK TO YOUR APT AND FINDING YOUR KID DEAD.
REALBEACHY
REALBEACHY

Activity : 10

Franco99 and Shellsbells dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.07.20 1:06

Tony Bennett wrote:

Goncalo Amaral said she probably died from an accident after 5.30pm Thursday. Doesn't explain the vast cover-up.

Some say she died from over-sedation i.e. chemical drugs. Still doesn't explain the vast cover-up.

Some say many of the guests were swingers. If that were the case, they might want to hide that. But would that alone trigger such a vast cover-up? I don't think so. 

Some look at the number of doctors present that week and suggest that Madeleine was part of a drugs trial gone wrong or that Madeleine being an IVF child was part of some eugenics/biological research. Still hard to see why e.g. the Tapas 7 rallied round, unless they too were involved in exactly the same activity.   

If one of the parents lost their cool with Madeleine and hit her and she suffered a fatal accident, would that trigger a vast cover-up involving the Tapas 7, creche workers, Mark Warner staff and the government and secret service agencies etc.? Doubtful.

Something else may be?

Posts of the year 2thumbs !

Let's get this show back on track.

The German intervention has created nothing but a huge distraction, a nothingness to be cast asunder. It's drawn a crowd of spectators old and new, dragging up past debunked rumour and supposition and speculation and crazy theorizing. All these stones have long since been turned - time to move on to pastures new and continue the ultimate quest of CMOMM.

Justice in the name of Madeleine McCann!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Milo and Franco99 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 07.07.20 1:42

MTSTAR wrote:
Justice_4_Maddie wrote:
MTSTAR wrote:

But who are the ‘they’ she refers to?
I just think that's down to the initial panic and shock upon discovering your daughter has vanished. you'd have all sorts of things going through your head. its easy for us to sit back and look at terrible situations in the life of someone else and wonder why they didn't do or say such and such. I personally think its highly unlikely Kate and gerry had anything to do with it
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Cammerigal, Franco99, Shellsbells and Vera Krista dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.07.20 1:46

Justice_4_Madeleine wrote:I just think that's down to the initial panic and shock upon discovering your daughter has vanished. you'd have all sorts of things going through your head. its easy for us to sit back and look at terrible situations in the life of someone else and wonder why they didn't do or say such and such. I personally think its highly unlikely Kate and gerry had anything to do with it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

eyebrows

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 07.07.20 1:57

Verdi wrote:
Justice_4_Madeleine wrote:I just think that's down to the initial panic and shock upon discovering your daughter has vanished. you'd have all sorts of things going through your head. its easy for us to sit back and look at terrible situations in the life of someone else and wonder why they didn't do or say such and such. I personally think its highly unlikely Kate and gerry had anything to do with it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

eyebrows

for every picture I've seen like that there's a hundred of Kate looking extremely vunerable and afraid. gerry always seemed hard to read. this for me doesn't mean he is guilty though
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 07.07.20 2:00

Verdi wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Something else may be?

Posts of the year 2thumbs !

Let's get this show back on track.  

The German intervention has created nothing but a huge distraction, a nothingness to be cast asunder.  It's drawn a crowd of spectators old and new, dragging up past debunked rumour and supposition and speculation and crazy theorizing.  All these stones have long since been turned - time to move on to pastures new and continue the ultimate quest of CMOMM.

Justice in the name of Madeleine McCann!

why do you think the German intervention will come to nothing Verdi? what do you think the concrete evidence they have is?
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.07.20 2:07

Justice_4_Madeleine wrote:why do you think the German intervention will come to nothing Verdi? what do you think the concrete evidence they have is?

Because it's a load of bollocks.

They don't have any concrete evidence, if they did they would proceed with a prosecution.

Do you read the daily reports?

Simple eh?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Cammerigal and Franco99 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 07.07.20 12:17

Justice_4_Maddie wrote:

Normal? Normal doesn't come into it. Within a short time of the alarm being raised Gerry is heard talking about Paedo gangs and Kate uses the "They've taken her" phrase. So shortly after 10p.m. they were aware of this being a dangerous place for children, yet at 8p.m. it was a safe place to leave 3 young children in an unlocked apartment? and at the stroke of 10p.m. it was safe for Kate to rush away from the twins with the window and shutter still open knowing that her oldest daughter had just been abducted and that the abductor could still be close by????? Let's get real.  Normal would be language ALL about the child and not about the scenario:

Where is she? Where is my baby? What's happened to her? Oh my God, please help, Madeleine, Madeleine, Where are you, where are you? 

That's normal.

I'd read some explanation of Kate's use of "they've" as being a scouser mannerism for any eventually (singular, multiple, or object related), but I've never seen it verified. I recall that Dianne Webster does confirms Kate's use of the term in a clumsy act of denial in one of her statements.
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Activity : 117

Tony Bennett and Cammerigal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 07.07.20 12:46

Not saying any of this is true, just saying that there may be many motives involved.
I agree. My current thinking is that this was a case of "converging interests". We need to explore the potential motives by group and see where they converge. I'm sure that most clues have been hoovered up and buried long since. However, I'm sure that clues exist within the aspects of this case that have resolutely stayed hidden (some inexplicably and some for obvious legal and privacy issues). I.E. What THEY do not want us to see:

* The medical records for Madeleine Beth McCann
* The full and undoctored (puns intended) photographic record of the period of the holiday
* The full and undoctored (ditto) guest lists  for the period of the holiday
* The full social and criminal records for the Tapas 9

As a starter for then.......
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Tony Bennett, Cammerigal, Franco99, Shellsbells and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 07.07.20 13:03

Crispbee2000 has possibly a point there, if as the PJ surmise in the header on this forum that this was all planned in advance in London a perpetrator would choose the following points...

1. Choose a place to commit the crime which is familiar.
2. Where the highest burden of Legal proof lies in his favour.
3. The amount of cover provided by other suspicious persons in the vicinity would cause maximum confusion.
4. All the pre planned elements Involved would have an Alibi.
5. The activation of the Publicity plan was brought in too quickly however, and against the wishes of the PJ to safeguard the victim.

If that is what happened...?

Normal it is not.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2522

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 07.07.20 14:16

crispbee2000 wrote:
Justice_4_Maddie wrote:

Normal? Normal doesn't come into it. Within a short time of the alarm being raised Gerry is heard talking about Paedo gangs and Kate uses the "They've taken her" phrase. So shortly after 10p.m. they were aware of this being a dangerous place for children, yet at 8p.m. it was a safe place to leave 3 young children in an unlocked apartment? and at the stroke of 10p.m. it was safe for Kate to rush away from the twins with the window and shutter still open knowing that her oldest daughter had just been abducted and that the abductor could still be close by????? Let's get real.  Normal would be language ALL about the child and not about the scenario:

Where is she? Where is my baby? What's happened to her? Oh my God, please help, Madeleine, Madeleine, Where are you, where are you? 

That's normal.

I'd read some explanation of Kate's use of "they've" as being a scouser mannerism for any eventually (singular, multiple, or object related), but I've never seen it verified. I recall that Dianne Webster does confirms Kate's use of the term in a clumsy act of denial in one of her statements.
You're missing my point. Im saying if someones in a state of shock because their child is missing then saying "they've" taken my child isn't all that surprising. You're in shock and all sorts would be going through your head.

I hadn't heard about Gerry talking about paedo gangs but again is that very hard to believe? You always think the worst in a terrible situation like this.

YES they made a monumental fuck up for leaving their children unattended, but you never think these things will happen to you until you realise it's too late.

Thats just my take on it.
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Cammerigal and Shellsbells dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice_4_Maddie 07.07.20 14:19

Verdi wrote:
Justice_4_Madeleine wrote:why do you think the German intervention will come to nothing Verdi? what do you think the concrete evidence they have is?

Because it's a load of bollocks.  

They don't have any concrete evidence, if they did they would proceed with a prosecution.

Do you read the daily reports?

Simple eh?

I read all the daily reports pal,as you all do. Ive not read anything saying the investigation is off. I read the germans are building a case against this Christian guy. Investigations take time not a couple months.

Why do you think they've said they have concrete evidence if they dont? Why would they risk saying such a thing!?
Justice_4_Maddie
Justice_4_Maddie

Milo dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 07.07.20 14:44

Why would they say anything? Why if they had concrete evidence would they conduct a trial via media? Why wouldn't they just keep quiet, make discreet enquiries of the PJ and Met/Leic' police and build their case ready for a conviction.

I have seen NOTHING from the German authorities that make any sense unless they were either:
1.  Trying to tease another guilty party (or parties) to accidently implicate themselves through a false sense of sesurity.......
(We live in hope).
2. Aid the abduction hoax and feed the press for nefarious reasons as yet unknown
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Milo, crusader and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.20 15:22

"I have no idea" should be a poll option.

I vote that one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crispbee2000 07.07.20 15:43

I think the poll should have another category (as well as I don't know ;o):

"Converged Interests".
I can only make sense of 2 unconnected incidents:
1. accidental death and no appetite for autopsy
2. another incident at OC that would either expose a., an important undercover agent working an international level investigation or b., cause political embarrassment at high level.

The convergence was due to both incidents happening in the same week in nearly the same place. Thus the timing of the first threatened to expose the existence of the second. The authorities decided to ignore the cover up of the first in the wider interests of the public / establishment
crispbee2000
crispbee2000

Cammerigal and Bob the Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 07.07.20 15:57

I'd go with that too BlueBag.
I could come up with some ideas, but only supposition, guesswork and my imagination, so no point in putting all that here.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top