The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns Rented Car: 11,229 kms in four months

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Rented Car: 11,229 kms in four months

Post by Verdi on 17.08.18 15:12

Thursday, 7 August 2008

McCann's rented car: 11, 229 kms in four months

The Renault Scenic was rented by the McCann on May 27, 2007 and send back to the renting company on September 23. Mr. Alexander Cameron was also registered as a driver, on May 27. At the end of August, another driver was included in the list: Michael Terence Wright.

The final contract extension was signed until September 24. Before the end of the contract, there was a contact between the company and the McCann, because Madeleine's parents were interested in keeping the car for more time.

But the company had also a renting contract with Renault Portugal and had to send the car back to them, so could not extend the renting period. The only way for the McCann to keep the car was buying it, but they refused.

On September 23, the car delivered to the renting company, in Lagos. A tall man, around 1,80 metres, with short grey hair, 60 to 65 years old, speaking English, took the car back and signed the delivery document. The car drove 11,229 km, between May 27 and September 23.

Payments to the renting company were made with credit cards. Several extensions of the renting contract were negotiated, with at least two different credit cards numbers. The last extension was made on September 1, until September 24.

Duarte Levy and Paulo Reis

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Rented Car: 11,229 kms in four months

Post by Verdi on 17.08.18 15:15

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.08.18 15:22

11 Processo Volume 11 pages 2897 to 2899
11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2897
11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2898
11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_2899

Processos Vol XI
Pages 2897-2898

External Inquiry Report

Date: 2007-09-25

Place: Albufeira, Lagos and Praia da Luz

Inquiry requested by: Chief Inspector Tavares da Almeida

Executing Officers: Inspectors Ferreira and Gomes

Description and Result of Inquiry:

On the date referred to above and accompanied by my colleague mentioned above, I went to the offices of the car rental agency A.A. Castanheira - Budget, situated in Albufeira. In compliance with orders received from superiors I requested information about the vehicle previously used by the McCann couple, make Renault, model Scenic, number plate 59-DA-27. I was informed that the vehicle in question was returned to the company on the 23rd September at about 15.30, in the company's Lagos installations. After the return of the vehicle, employee H****** S**** drove the vehicle to the Faro company installations, where it was parked until being taken to the Renault installations in Oeiras, where it was delivered on the 25th September. I was provided with copies of the rental car contract signed by Budget and the arguido Gerald McCann, which are enclosed and which show that the period for the return of the vehicle terminated on 24-09-2007 at 12.30.

In order to provide me with further clarification, my interlocutor put me in telephone contact with I***** P*****, from Budget administration, contactable on ***********. This lady explained to me that the company AA Castanheira-Buget used the vehicle by means of a contract they have with Renault Portugal. The contract they have giving them the right to use the car had already terminated and this is why they had already requested the return of the vehicle by the McCann couple in order to return the Renault. They informed the McCanns that they could exchange the vehicle for another if they wished to continue to use the company's services. As they showed an interest in continuing to use the same vehicle in question, they were informed that they could continue to do so only if they were to purchase the vehicle, to which they responded negatively and that is why they had to return the car.

Subsequently, and also upon superior orders, we proceeded to inquiries with the aim to determine the identity of the owner of the house where the McCanns had stayed for the last weeks, situated at Rua das Flores, 27, Praia da Luz, Lagos.

We established that the residence is situated in a zone called Luz Parque in Praia da Luz. The owner of the property is A******* M****** of Dutch nationality, contactable on ******. However, this individual had delegated the administration of the property to the rental company Winkworth in Lagos.

In the installations of this company we contacted the person responsible for the administration of the property in question, P***** C*****.

She told us that two "agreements" were signed with the McCann couple for their occupation of the property, copies of which are joined.

She added that after the departure of the McCanns this property was occupied by its owner for a short period before being lent by him to a couple he was friends with, this couple currently occupies the property.

P**** C**** said that during the McCann's stay in the property, Winkworth also offered a cleaning service, once a week, which was carried out by **** M****.

Signed

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

McCann's rented Car

Post by willowthewisp on 17.08.18 15:24

Hi Verdi, One of the biggest signals is the Boa Vista Golf Club associations of the named drivers in the logs, known,unknown to the McCann family,John McCann,John Geraherty,Gerry,John Brown?

There is another Dutch connection and the McCann's,the owner of the property they rented,must have made some friends when studying or IVF treatment in Holland,Madeleine?
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.08.18 15:36

Michael Terence Wright rogatory interview - 16th April 2008

On Saturday, 5 May, I caught a plane from Leeds-Bradford to Faro and caught a taxi from the airport to the Mark Warner complex. Initially I stayed in an apartment in the same complex as Kate and Gerry. Those first days were hectic, always surrounded by the media and the situation appeared very transitory [temporary] with family and friends sleeping wherever they could. In Friday, 11 May, I returned home for a weekend with my family.

After that I made five further trips to Portugal on:

- Monday, 14 May to Friday, 18 May. I travelled alone and helped by doing what I could in the Madeleine campaign;

- Friday, 8 June to Wednesday, 13 June. I travelled with my wife, Anne-Marie. This trip was for us to take care of the twins while Kate and Gerry made a brief trip to Morocco.

- Thursday, 12 July to Friday, 13 July. I travelled alone and returned with Kate and the twins for them to attend the baptism of my own children. I had spoken previously with Gerry by phone and knew that he was in UK in meetings and he asked me to help Kate and the twins so that they could be there. Kate, Gerry and twins returned to Portugal on 15 July.

- Wednesday, 22 August to Saturday, 1 September. I left with Anne-Marie and our children, K and P, to replace Sandy and Trish Cameron. During this period we spoke with Kate and Gerry about the best time to return to UK. Provisionally the second week in September was decided and I contacted a removals firm in Lagos in my name, and I collected packing boxes and adhesive tape. We then began to pack all the stuff we wanted to keep, such as letters, postcards, etc.

- Friday, 7 September to Sunday, 9 September. Gerry called me the night before and told me he was going to be interviewed the next day. I travelled alone and met Sandy Cameron at the airport and we caught a taxi to the villa. Kate, Gerry, the twins, Sandy and Trish, and Eileen McC left Portugal on Sunday morning and I left by myself that same afternoon after cleaning the villa.

During my initial trips to Portugal I stayed in Mark Warner apartments. In July, August and September I stayed in the villa rented by Kate and Gerry, I recall nothing strange about anything where I stayed. I didn't look for things that were particularly strange or suspicious but I did pay close attention to the Mark Warner apartments to consider potential hiding-places which could have been used by an intruder.

During my first two trips to Portugal, I recall that Kate and Gerry were in a flat spin, but I spent a lot of time with them especially at night at dinner. I frequently helped Sandy with with mundane tasks such as opening the mail. We received many e-mails relating to the campaign and there was much in them to talk about, but our time with Kate and Gerry during the day was very irregular. During my stay at the villa our time was more concentrated.

With respect to Kate and Gerry's comportment after the disappearance, I witnessed first hand their desperation, how they cried and were distraught, though never during their meetings with officials or at press conferences. It was uncomfortable to see. I also saw them organised and controlled in meetings and in front of the media, and felt proud and impressed at their power of self-control on those occasions.

At the time I travelled with Anne-Marie on 8 June, Kate and Gerry had rented a vehicle. It had seven seats, I judged [thought] it to be a Renault Espace. Gerry suggested that I be added to the insured driver's list so that I could drive it while they were in Morocco, but I judged [thought] that to be unnecessary as they would only be gone for a few days. When I was in Portugal on 12 July I was picked up by Kate who was driving the Renault Espace.

It was on our trip to Portugal on 22 August that Gerry suggested that I was added to the contract as an additional driver and I accepted. Gerry and I went to Lagos and I was included in the contract as additional driver.

I drove the car regularly in August and September, doing the shopping at the supermarket, taking the house and garden rubbish to the recycling area in PdL and also taking the twins to creche and to the beach, and trips to the airport. I was also a passenger in the car at various times, mainly in June and July when Gerry and Sandy drove.

There are various rubbish recycling/dump areas and we used these:
- two trash bins at the villa, one at the main entrance and the other at the top of the hill;
- one area on the cemetery road;
- one area above the Mark Warner complex, and
- one area between the villa and the church.

The visiting gardener always generated garden rubbish and this was usually leaves and grass. Gerry and I would usually take this rubbish to the bin at the top of the property.

I never observed anything strange in the vehicle at any time that I was in it.

I noted some disagreeable smells on a number of occasions which I judged to have come from the twins' nappies. Discarded nappies were collected in rubbish bags and held until thrown into the [rubbish] bins, [thereby] provoking smell.
I have no knowledge of anything spilling from any article nor of any cleaning of the car after such a hypothetical spill.

I know that the twins travelled in the vehicle more than twenty times. For example, to creche, [to the] beach at Sagres, the airport and Burgau.
I am absolutely certain that Kate and Gerry were not capable of hiding Madeleine's body and later transporting it to a dump.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t14479p50-key-witness-statements-for-information-only?highlight=key+witness+statements

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.08.18 15:42

Alexander [Sandy] James Cameron rogatory interview - 15th April 2008

During these first two months we provided help to Kate and Gerry, and only returned to the U.K. on two occasions in order to take care of some personal business. In the beginning of July of 2007, we left the Ocean Club and moved to a villa with Kate, Gerry and the twins in the Montinhos zone, around 1.5 km from the OC. We never noticed anything strange in the site were we stayed. On the 27th of May of 2007, Gerry was handed a rental vehicle in the Mark Warner tourist complex; a Renault Scenic with plate number 59-DA-27. I met with the representative of the car rental agency at Gerry's request, and as such, my name was also on the rental contract so that I could also drive the vehicle; to drive the children and to go shopping. These were things that Gerry was too occupied to carry out himself. I was the habitual drive of the vehicle and used it daily. I drove to many places, including the airport, local supermarkets, and drove the children to the zoo and the beaches in the area. I also travelled as a passenger on many occasions, when Kate, Gerry or other people were visiting, or driving the vehicle. People who were present in the vehicle were Kate, Gerry, Sean, Amelie, Mike Wright, Janet (Kate's aunt), Kate's mother and father, and her friend Amanda. Basically, the vehicle served as a transport for friend and family who cam to offer their help to Kate and Gerry and also to effect daily routines. The same vehicle was also used to move us from the Ocean Club to the villa, transporting all the luggage and personal objects from one location to the other. During these trips, the children seats would be removed to create space.

Whilst in the villa, a gardener would arrive every week or about every 15 days. This was organized by the estate agency. The gardener would leave black rubbish bags near the gate, and on at least one occasion, I used the vehicle to remove these bags. The collection of rubbish in Portugal is not made as it is in the U.K., and for this reason, it was necessary to take the rubbish to a tip (disposal area) which was called 'recycling area' near the back of the Ocean Club. I used the Renault Scenic for this reason on many occasions.

On one occasion, I believe it was on July of 2007, I took Patricia to the supermarket. We carried bags in the boot (trunk) of the Renault Scenic; bought various items including fresh fish, shrimp and beef. When we unloaded the shopping bags, we noticed that blood has run out of the bottom of the plastic bag. After this shopping trip and still in the month of July 2007, I began to notice a strange odour in the car. I did not give it much importance and assumed it was likely due to the leakage from the rubbish bags or from the blood which had escaped from the shopping bags. As a result, we removed the carpet from the boot (trunk) in order to clean it. I tossed (beat) the boot carpet to remove any particles and cleaned it with a wet cloth and left it to air out.

In my opinion, it is impossible that Kate and Gerry could have hidden Madeleine or used the car to transport her to another locale. There was always a lot of people and the media observing their movements which would make this impossible. As I cited previously, I have know Madeleine her whole life and saw her on many occasions. I always found her a very smart little girl and careful with strangers. I also saw when she woke after a nap and after a night of sleep. She would occasionally appear irritated as she would when her parents were not present. For this reason, I believe that Madeleine had been awakened by a stranger she would certainly have screamed or cried out. I do not believe that there is any possibility that she would have let a stranger take her without protest.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum