The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Regist10

Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by Verdi 29.04.22 14:04

Are we expected to take this dude seriously - Banksy's answer to crime graffiti?

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2332
Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2334

Talks a good job, until you get to the bit about who buried what and where.

I feel a guessing game coming on, who is the Foreign Detective?

My money's on Tony big grin .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by Verdi 29.04.22 14:23

Meanwhile back in the land of the Pisa taker..

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner is 'hiding something', says handwriting expert as he mounts letter-writing campaign protesting his 'innocence' in disappearance of British toddler 15 years ago

Christian Brueckner, 44, was officially designated as a suspect last week
Now, a handwriting expert has analysed letters he sent to try to clear his name
Tracey Trussell described his writing - in near perfect English - as 'too perfect'
Madeleine McCann vanished from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz in 2007

By Nick Pisa for MailOnline

Published: 11:10, 29 April 2022 | Updated: 12:46, 29 April 2022

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner is 'super-cool, unflappable, calm and collected’ but he’s ‘hiding something’, says a handwriting expert who has examined letters in which he protests his innocence.

Convicted rapist and paedophile Brueckner, 45, who has embarked on a dedicated letter writing campaign to try to clear his name - was named by Portuguese authorities as an arguido - official suspect - in the McCann case.

Brueckner, who this week had his application for early release from a seven-year jail term for a brutal 2005 sex attack on a 72-year-old woman rejected by the German authorities, has written to MailOnline - along with his supporters around the world - to claim he had nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance almost 15 years ago.

In all the notes – handwritten in near perfect English – Brueckner explains how he feels he is being ‘persecuted’ by prosecutors and police and even accuses them of ‘fitting’ him up.

Image: Stan Laurel

Brueckner, 45, who has embarked on a dedicated letter writing campaign to try to clear his name - was named by Portuguese authorities as an arguido - official suspect - in the McCann case

But MailOnline showed the letters to handwriting expert Tracey Trussell, who reported back with a three-page expert analysis of his distinctive handwriting, describing it as ’perfect, too perfect’.

Tracey added: 'On closer inspection there is much more going on than meets the eye. It looks almost eerily unnatural – slow, contrived, mechanical and robotic – unforgiving in its transmission and deliverance.

‘The writer comes across as super cool, unflappable, calm and collected, not easily rattled, because the slant of the writing is vertical or upright. He’s also incredibly polite and well mannered, the left margin is dead straight, the script is legible and there are a number of arched or arcade shaped letters throughout. He’s motivated to present himself in the best possible light, and he’s hiding something.’

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2335

Tracy, author of Life Lines, and who is based in Hertfordshire, went on: 'The size of the writing is also very small, he is an introverted individual who wants to keep a low profile. He tried hard to avoid reality and escape into a world of his own.

'The thing is, people with such tiny handwriting, tend to see things objectively but are unable to step out of a problem, and end up completely missing the point.

‘This is a man who takes great care of appearance and calculates his behaviour painstakingly and conscientiously. His public face is uber correct, formal and together. He likes everything to be just so. He is almost unbelievably well organised and regimented in his outlook.

‘He overthinks things and everything he does is meticulously planned and thorough, the baseline spacing is uniformly and relentlessly regular, with the mentality of a perfectionist’s penchant for precision because there are no missing I dots and all the bars are crucifix style – crossed centrally, as well as his preferred style of block printing.

‘He resents intrusion into his thinking processes, which are likely to be somewhat warped. So his morals, are questionable and he’s good at blagging and faking things. Paranoia, dishonesty, manipulation or a second agenda is implied.’

But it was his signature that gave the most chilling insight, according to Tracey, as she said:’ This transmits a desire for nondisclosure. It’s not legible and transparent, like the rest of the script. He doesn’t want to be questioned, he wants to conceal his character and intentions, he wants to mislead.

‘He wants to appear to be more approachable and outgoing than he really is, whilst keeping his hand hidden so people never really know what he’s up to and that’s just how he liked it. He’s shrewd and wants to twist his way out of trouble.’

Brueckner was sensationally named as prime suspect in the abduction of Madeleine in June 2020 by German prosecutors – who even went so far as to claim they had ‘concrete evidence’ she was dead.

But after almost two years no charges have been brought and there is a growing fear that despite the clamour all police have is circumstantial evidence which is not strong enough to bring charges against him.

In his latest missive seen by MailOnline and written to a supporter overseas he slams his rape conviction and accuses the German police of planting DNA evidence to frame him.

He was jailed for the sex attack three years ago after being convicted of raping an American woman, in 2005 in her own home and just a few minutes from where Madeleine went missing.

In the letter, seen by MailOnline, Brueckner, writes: 'In 2019 I received a seven-year prison sentence for torturing and raping an old woman.

'This was the beginning of the story. I did not do that, so I was starting (sic) a fight by writing letters and complaining.

'At this time, I had the most lazy (sic) lawyer you can imagine, that is why I did it all by myself.

'The German investigators said that they found a hair after 13 years on the bedsheet of the victim which belongs to me.

'The trues (sic) are that they found 14 hairs but only two of them had enough DNA to find the owners. The victim - and me.

'That is hard to believe, isn't it but the prosecutors and the judge said 'guilty!'

'By the way how the culprit acted there must be found much more than 'only' one hair. But there was nothing else of me.'

Brueckner, who is currently in Oldenburg prison, was convicted after two former pals told the court they had found a camera in his Portuguese house which they had stolen, with footage showing him raping two women.

They said the victims were an older woman and a younger girl but neither has been traced and the camera has also never been found and it is now being used to bring two further rape charges against Brueckner as revealed by MailOnline last week.

But in his letter he wrote: 'Two guys I knew in the past said that they stole a camera of me and there was film inside showing me raping two different women.

'But nobody knows where this film is. It just disappeared. Both of these two guys told twice what they 'have seen' on this film (once by the police and once by the court) and there were four different stories.

'But totally different, the prosecutor and the judge said 'absolutely believable, guilty'! I really thought this was a hidden cam show but no, this is serious.

'The court definitely had the order to put me in prison, to convict me. But why ? At this time I didn't know what I know now but one thing for sure.

'The hair of me what they 'found' on the sheet was found because someone was putting it there afterwards. Who? There is only one possibility, the BKA which is the German FBI or Scotland Yard.

'I now know my real 'enemy'. For one reason I didn't know then, they wanted me in prison. Believe it or not I respect old persons more than most of the 'normal' people.

'It is just so sad to see how they are treated by the German government. I have double the reason to fight for my life!'

Brueckner then accused the German authorities of keeping him in prison so they could build up a baseless case against him for Madeleine's abduction.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2336

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2337

He said: 'No problem for them (BKA) to find out the 'truth' in the McCann case where Scotland Yard and half the world have searched. What a good reputation!

'But now...without any helpful information from the public, the pressure gets high on them. People like to see facts. 'Not just say that he was it. Proof (sic) it!' But they can't.

'Instead of that the prosecutors shows in the public that I'm the right person by showing more crimes 'I did' in Portugal. Crimes against kids and women.'

He added: 'I'm sitting in front of the television and watch people talking about me and creating a monster out of me. To be honest this is very fascinating.

'It is incredible what people like to see. Not the truth, no, a horrible human being, a monster. And they get feeded (sic) by the prosecutors.'

Earlier this week MailOnline revealed how Brueckner claims in another letter he was not even in the area when Madeleine vanished from her parents Kate and Gerry's apartment in Praia da Luz.

Brueckner who has convictions for child abuse said he had 'Done nothing, ok, almost nothing' as he instead he had not kidnapped and murdered Madeleine.

While another of his notes sent to MailOnline accuses the German police and prosecutors of ‘persecuting’ him and leaking negative information on him designed to blacken his character to the media.

Former police officer Mr Williams-Thomas, who has also been in correspondence with him and who will reveal the letters in his show says Brueckner has told him where he was the night Madeleine disappeared and that he was not where the police say he was.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2338

Last week Brueckner was made an ‘arguido’ or official suspect by Portuguese police in the case but this was purely on procedural grounds as they have a statute of limitations which prevents anyone being charged with a serious crime 15 years after it occurred.

In the letter sent to MailOnline, Brueckner confirms he has not spoken to German or Portuguese police and he is maintaining his right to silence until prosecutors in either country conclude their case and present him with files.

One highly placed Portuguese source even told MailOnline the ‘arguido’ status could also be a way to ‘officially clear him of any involvement and drop proceedings against him’.

Next Tuesday’s documentary by Mark Williams-Thomas, Madeleine McCann: Prime Suspect will also highlight mobile phone records which Brueckner’s lawyer has already said do not prove he was in the area and could in fact place him up to 20 miles away as the ‘cell’ coverage covers a wider radius than initially thought.

German investigators homed in on the mobile phone records which they said ‘prove’ Brueckner was near the apartment where Madeleine vanished from on May 3 2007 and this combined with his previous offending and profile makes him in their view a ‘prime suspect’.

How the disappearance of three-year-old Madeleine McCann unfolded

May 3: Gerry and Kate McCann leave their three children, including Maddie, asleep in their hotel apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal. When they return, they find Maddie missing from her bed

May 4: A friend of the McCanns reports of seeing a man carrying a child away in the night

May 14: Robert Mural, a property developer who lives a few yards from the hotel, is made a suspect by Portuguese police

May 30: The McCanns meet the Pope in Rome in a bid to bring worldwide attention to the search

August 11: Police in Portugal acknowledge for the first time in the investigation that Maddie might be dead

September 7: Spanish police make the McCanns official suspects in the disappearance. Two days later the family flies back to England

July 21: Spanish police remove the McCanns and Mr Mural as official suspects as the case is shelved

May 1: A computer-generated image of what Maddie could look like two years after she disappeared is released by the McCanns

May 12: A review into the disappearance is launched by Scotland Yard, following a plea from then-Home Secretary Theresa May

April 25: After a year of reviewing the case, Scotland Yard announce they belief that Maddie could be alive and call on police in Portugal to reopen the case, but it falls on deaf ears amid 'a lack of new evidence'

July 4: Scotland Yard opens new investigation and claim to have identified 38 'people of interest'

October 24: A review into the investigation is opened by Portuguese police and new lines of inquiry are discovered, forcing them to reopen the case

January 29: British officers arrive in Portugal as a detailed investigation takes place. During the year, several locations are searched, including an area of scrubland near the resort

October 28: British police announce that team investigating Maddie's disappearance is reduced from 29 officers to just four, as it is also revealed that the investigation has cost £10million

March 11: Cash is once again pumped into keeping the investigation alive, with £85,000 granted to keep it running until September, when it is extended once again until April next year

March 27: The Home Office reveals it has allocated further funds to Operation Grange. The new fund is believed to be as large as £150,000

April: Controversial new Netflix documentary re-examining Maddie's kidnap is released

June 5: The Home Office gives the Metropolitan Police enough funding to investigate for another year

December 7: Paulo Pereira Cristovao, a long-time critic of Maddie's parents, was convicted of participating in the planning of two violent break-ins at properties in Lisbon and the nearby resort of Cascais. He is jailed for seven and a half years

February 22: Scotland Yard detectives questioned a British expat about her German ex-boyfriend. Carol Hickman, 59, claims police entered her bar in Praia da Luz to ask questions about her former partner

June 3: Police reveal that a 43-year-old German prisoner has been identified as a suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

April 21: Christian Brueckner, now 44, is made an 'arguido', a formal suspect, by Portuguese authorities.
Advertisement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10766775/Madeleine-McCann-Suspect-Christian-Brueckner-hiding-says-handwriting-expert.html

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.04.22 14:26

Christian Brueckner was flagged as a key Madeleine McCann kidnap and murder suspect YEARS ago

Christian Brueckner was flagged as a key Madeleine McCann kidnap and murder suspect years ago by police but the report was ignored by German authorities.

According to German magazine Spiegel, police in Braunschweig sent a report about him being a prime suspect to the Federal Criminal Office (BKA) in 2013, two years before Inga Gehricke, 'Germany's Maddie McCann', disappeared. It was ignored.

Braunschweig police were monitoring the 43-year-old around the clock at the time. The report was triggered after an appeal from British police on a German unsolved crime show, on which the news about Brueckner was also broadcast this week.

Spiegel went on: 'One person did submit a tip about Brueckner but the resulting report from police in Braunschweig to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation was apparently not acted upon, much to the consternation of the local investigators.'

Brueckner was born to a woman named Fischer but given over to youth authorities at an early age. Between 1992 - when he was 16 - and 1994 he lived in a facility for young people with learning difficulties.

A neighbour told German newspaper BILD: 'There were only bad young people there.'

He was involved in crime across Europe after that.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2339

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.04.22 14:29

The pizza delivery boy wrote:German investigators homed in on the mobile phone records which they said ‘prove’ Brueckner was near the apartment where Madeleine vanished from on May 3 2007 and this combined with his previous offending and profile makes him in their view a ‘prime suspect’.

Evidence anyone?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.22 14:53

Verdi wrote:Are we expected to take this dude seriously - Banksy's answer to crime graffiti?

laughat

Tony putting on an American accent   big grin

At first I thought it might be Alan Elsdon, but he's South African and isn't writing a bewk on Maddie. I doubt very much he would wear a hoodie and sunglasses to protect his identity either as he's got nothing to hide - he would just write a book in his capacity as a former police officer, and promote it on his website.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 42054

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.22 15:32

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 27860310

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 29.04.22 15:44

We've had the " psychics " now we've got the handwriting " expert ! 

What's next ?

Dowsing ?  waiting

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 29.04.22 15:47

Sea bass entrails?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 4425

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.04.22 17:34

Jill Havern wrote:
Verdi wrote:Are we expected to take this dude seriously - Banksy's answer to crime graffiti?

laughat

Tony putting on an American accent   big grin

At first I thought it might be Alan Elsdon, but he's South African and isn't writing a bewk on Maddie. I doubt very much he would wear a hoodie and sunglasses to protect his identity either as he's got nothing to hide - he would just write a book in his capacity as a former police officer, and promote it on his website.

Could be the Armchair Detective, he can be a bit quirky sarcastic

Or maybe its Brueckner himself affraid , he likes dressing-up for the occasion don't he?

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.22 17:58

There was another guy who registered here to promote the book he was writing, but it had the word 'murder' in the title.

Do you remember that? I can't remember who it was now.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 29.04.22 18:05

Was he Graham somebody?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.22 18:07

Ah, I remember now...it was Paul James. He posted mainly on Facebook.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t15843-hello

It might explain the hoodie and sunglasses if Carter- Ruck is on the warpath.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Paul_j12

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 29.04.22 18:15

his is the first I have heard of the man and his book; it appears that it wasn't published?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.04.22 18:25

nick van de leek you mean, jill?

https://twitter.com/CrimeRocket

to old and bulky???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.22 18:27

Could be, onehand, but I don't think he would want to be anonymous though.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 29.04.22 19:29

Information on the Nightfly Video producer, who seems to be in the business of Promoting various viewpoints. Herr Goetz is German, but his guest the Foreign Detective remains a Mystery for now…

Name, surname: Dietmar Goetz
Sector of activity: Media and Entertainment
Experience in running a business: 35 years
Name of business & website: Uresnet Unipessual LDA / www.newsshow.tv
What is your business? The www.newsshow.tv is an online TV channel for Small Medium Enterprises to help them to perform the same way as The Big Players based on a much smaller budget. It focuses on promoting and positioning peoples’ services and products on tv, radio and social media by interviewing and creating events in other peoples’ locations to promote them.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2648

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.04.22 19:44

verdi's post a bit higher; we only have to look in the last part, to know it is not taking a pisa, but another last letter from the alphabet!

September 7: Spanish police make the McCanns official suspects in the disappearance. Two days later the family flies back to England

July 21: Spanish police remove the McCanns and Mr Mural as official suspects as the case is shelved

and how 5a, became a rented complex. 

is this a secret message from the daily mail; do not ever believe what we print or something. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.04.22 21:50

EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann: Ex-cop had key role in making Christian Brueckner formal suspect
Luis Mota Carmo, 60, led the move to make convicted German paedophile Christian Brueckner an 'arguido' in the Madeleine McCann disappearance case. The girl disappeared while on holiday in Portugal

Madeleine McCann

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 0_FILES-BELGIUM-BRITAIN-GERMANY-POLICE-MISSING-MADDIE
Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007 (Image: METROPOLITAN POLICE/AFP via Gett)

ByGerard CouzensNews Correspondent
19:02, 29 Apr 2022
A former police chief was the key player in the decision to make Christian Brueckner a formal suspect in the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Luis Mota Carmo, 60, has taken over day-to-day control of the long-running prosecution probe in Portugal.

Days after replacing the previous lead prosecutor, he led the move to make convicted German paedophile Brueckner an “arguido” in the case.

Mr Mota Carmo persuaded bosses in Lisbon to agree to prepare the way for possible criminal charges against Brueckner – currently in prison in his home country – if German prosecutors find evidence linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3, 2007, when she was three.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 0_FILES-GERMANY-BRITAIN-PORTUGAL-CRIME-MISSING
Christian Brueckner
Christian Brueckner has been made an 'arguido' in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ( Image: ITALIAN CARABINIERI PRESS OFFICE)

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 0_Police-Begin-A-New-Operation-In-The-Search-For-Madeline-McCann
Luis Mota Carmo
Luis Mota Carmo (left) played a key role in making Brueckner an arguido ( Image: Getty Images)
A source said: “It’s always a concern when a fresh prosecutor takes charge of a high-profile case but Luis knows this one inside out and has hit the ground running.

“The decision to make Brueckner an arguido was very much his.”

British girl Madeleine vanished while on holiday in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

Mr Mota Carmo, head of the regional prosecution service, is awaiting the results of forensic tests on the camper van Brueckner drove while living in the area at the time.

Brueckner was made an arguido after warnings from lawyers that Portugal’s 15-year limit on prosecutions of serious crimes could prevent him being prosecuted after Tuesday.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.22 2:47

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2342

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 30.04.22 6:15

@sharonl wrote:
Brueckner was made an arguido after warnings from lawyers that Portugal’s 15-year limit on prosecutions of serious crimes could prevent him being prosecuted after Tuesday.

Silentscope:
Could this Arguido status be in the instance of the Playground incident only, which has the strongest Evidence behind it?
All other purported charges, including Madeleine have been either attached to Brückner by the Press, or Interested Persons.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2648

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiningInLuz 30.04.22 9:06

Unless there is evidence to suggest Madeleine was alive after 3 May 2007, Portugal's statute of limitations for murder expires on 3 May 2022.

Germany has no such limitation.  The UK has no such limitation.

So a prosecution could occur in either country.
ShiningInLuz

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.22 13:25

‘Unbelievably difficult’ McCanns face ‘massive dilemma’ as Madeleine revelations emerge

MADELEINE MCCANN'S parents face a "dreadful dilemma" as new revelations emerge concerning the prime suspect in the investigation into her disappearance, a missing persons expert has said.

By Aleks Phillips
07:00, Sat, Apr 30, 2022 | UPDATED: 09:44, Sat, Apr 30, 2022

At the end of April, Christian B, a convicted child sexual abuser currently imprisoned in Oldenburg, was named an “arguido”, or main suspect, in Maddie’s disappearance by Portuguese authorities. Charlie Hedges, a former UK police officer who was previously head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit at the National Crime Agency, told Express.co.uk that the legal move, though “common sense” on behalf of investigators, left the McCanns in an “unbelievably difficult” situation.

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2343

Christian B was named as prime suspect by German public prosecutors investigating Madeleine’s disappearance in Braunschweig in 2020.

He has always denied all allegations in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

However, in a letter purportedly penned by Christian B, he told MailOnline: “I did nothing – well almost nothing”.

Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, welcomed the latest news as reflecting “progress in the investigation”.

Writing on the official Find Madeleine Facebook page, the couple said: “Even though the possibility may be slim, we have not given up hope that Madeleine is still alive and we will be reunited with her.”

Mr Hedges suggested that the forces investigating the case and Madeleine’s parents may have differing objectives.

The Portuguese authority’s naming of Christian B as a prime suspect suggests a confluence of opinion among investigators on someone German prosecutors believe is ultimately responsible for Madeleine’s death.

A recent report claiming the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Grange is to be shut down in the autumn also alleged that officers investigating the case had been unable to gather sufficient evidence against Christian B – suggesting UK police also likely view him as a suspect.

Mr Hedges said: “It’s one of those massive dilemmas for parents in these situations. As long as Madeleine or whoever is missing, is not found, they can hang on to the hope that she will one day be found, because it does happen occasionally – it’s very, very rare, but it does happen.

“They will always hang onto that hope even if it's an unrealistic hope. They will always want to believe that maybe she'll just pop up.”

He added that revelations like these that the McCanns had been receiving for the last 15 years meant they would be “on a rollercoaster” emotionally.

Mr Hedges continued: “There’s a dilemma [in] that they don't want him to have done it because that then cancels out the chances of finding her – they know, finally, that she's dead. So they’re caught in this dreadful dilemma.

And that's the horror of the situation: for 15 years, they've been living that. And every time there's some sort of new speculation, or some new information comes to light, they'll think: ‘Yes, great, it will be resolved’.

“But it also means that if it is resolved, then we know she's dead, and we're never going to see her again. Really, a horrible, horrific situation to be in and I think it's just unbelievably difficult.”

Hans Christian Wolters, spokesperson for the public prosecutor’s office in Braunschweig, has previously said they hope to “solve” the disappearance, and recently told this website that their investigation remained “ongoing” and appeared unlikely to end soon.

While some hoped the arguido status may lead to a charge in Portugal ahead of next Tuesday's May 3 cut-off date, investigators and experts alike poured cold water on an immediate charge.

Mr Hedges explained the arguido status had been enacted so that investigations into Christian B could continue after the statute of limitations had run out. “It doesn't mean anyone's going to be charged, but without it, you can't move to a charge," he added.

“I wouldn't expect him to be whisked off there straightaway. I think people will say it's only been done because of the deadline.

“And if they haven't got enough to charge him, and he is a suspect, it just seems common sense that you would actually go through that process so as not to lose everything all together, rather than some of the speculation [that] they've been forced to do it by the deadline approaching.

“If I were investigating a case, and I knew that was looming, I'd have to seriously think: would it be sensible to invoke that status to ensure that everything doesn't grind to a halt now, when there's still the prospect of getting more evidence and potentially being able to charge him?”

Meanwhile, Mr Wolters told the Guardian he believed it was “rather unlikely there will be an indictment in Portugal”. He agreed the move had been made so that “the statute of limitations can be prevented” when speaking to Express.co.uk last week.

Aagje Ieven, secretary general of Missing Children Europe, previously stressed “how important that is, for parents to be able to close such cases” as the uncertainty of the fate of a missing child breeds “complex grief” among family members.

The 15th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance is next Tuesday, May 3.

Comments Unavailable

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1601476/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-Gerry-face-massive-dilemma-revelations-emerge-anniversary

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.22 13:33

The Express wrote: Charlie Hedges, a former UK police officer who was previously head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit at the National Crime Agency,

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Aaa10Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 31 Scre2344

ooops   'Awkward !!!'

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.22 14:03

Exclusive: Madeleine McCann: Ex-cop had key role in making Christian Brueckner formal suspect

Luis Mota Carmo, 60, led the move to make convicted German paedophile Christian Brueckner an 'arguido' in the Madeleine McCann disappearance case. The girl disappeared while on holiday in Portugal

ByGerard CouzensNews Correspondent

19:02, 29 Apr 2022

A former police chief was the key player in the decision to make Christian Brueckner a formal suspect in the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Luis Mota Carmo, 60, has taken over day-to-day control of the long-running prosecution probe in Portugal.

Days after replacing the previous lead prosecutor, he led the move to make convicted German paedophile Brueckner an “arguido” in the case.

Mr Mota Carmo persuaded bosses in Lisbon to agree to prepare the way for possible criminal charges against Brueckner – currently in prison in his home country – if German prosecutors find evidence linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3, 2007, when she was three.

A source said: “It’s always a concern when a fresh prosecutor takes charge of a high-profile case but Luis knows this one inside out and has hit the ground running.

“The decision to make Brueckner an arguido was very much his.”

British girl Madeleine vanished while on holiday in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

Mr Mota Carmo, head of the regional prosecution service, is awaiting the results of forensic tests on the camper van Brueckner drove while living in the area at the time.

The source said: “Luis wants to make sure there’s no impediment to the possibility of a prosecution here.

“But that alone is not the reason this move was made.

“Legally, there has to be a sound basis for anyone to be made an arguido, and there are multiple reasons why Brueckner is in the frame.”

The source said Brueckner could be prosecuted in Portugal or Germany.

Mr Mota Carmo ran the Judicial Police in the Algarve from 2009 to 2018. He and ex-Met police detective Andy Redwood played key roles in 2014 during the digs in Praia da Luz in the hunt for Madeleine.

Brueckner, 45, denies involvement in the disappearance. He is in jail for raping a woman in Praia da Luz in 2005.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-ex-cop-key-26835055

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.22 14:10

The source said ...

Repeat ad nauseam

Without access to official documentation giving the who whys whens and wherefores. all this speculation is worthless.

Perhaps Gonçalo Amaral knows the true detail - the facts.

As far as I can see, this latest blitz is more about year 15 of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, in short the parents presumed innocence.

waiting

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top