The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Mm11

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Regist10

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by pauloalexandre on 19.06.20 21:47

@Hobs wrote:Who is to say the mccanns are telling the truth about not receiving those letters saying Maddie is dead, or in fact any form of communication from LE saying Maddie is dead?
Is their statement deceptive?

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Posts : 484
Activity : 571
Likes received : 87
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 19.06.20 21:47

@sandancer wrote:It's time to " move on " leave the circus behind ( even a circus wouldn't have a naked man in swimming goggles !)

Aha but what about black tights?  Or was that on his head scratchhead?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 19.06.20 22:00

The Daily Reflection wrote:Peter Erdmann, 64, who worked as a caretaker at the Grundschule Hohsteig primary school between 1999 and 2016, told the Sunday Mirror: "The kids would come to school holding ponies and teddy bears.
The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Images16

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by sharonl on 19.06.20 22:21

@Hobs wrote:Who is to say the mccanns are telling the truth about not receiving those letters saying Maddie is dead, or in fact any form of communication from LE saying Maddie is dead?

Who is to say that there is any truth in this at all.

The story is based on a mix of the Inga Gehricke case, for which no evidence was found against Bruckner, and Gerry's trip to a farmhouse with Russell.

We have all seen the media reports but have we had any of this directly from the German police?

Why would the German police get involved with a Portuguese investigation of a British child that went missing in Portugal, especially when the have no jurisdiction in Portugal and there is no evidence to suggest that Brueckner had anything to do with the case? Do German police usually act on pure speculation and maybe's? What reason would they have to assist in a UK coverup?

Petermac, Tony -

What would or should the German police really do if there was good evidence to suspect Bruckner?
How would they interact with British or Portuguese police?
Would they really act on the fact that he was merely in the area?
Would they dismiss the evidence against the McCanns?
How would they deal telling the McCanns that Madeleine was dead?

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Posts : 7308
Activity : 9769
Likes received : 1358
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by sandancer on 19.06.20 22:56

@Verdi wrote:
@sandancer wrote:It's time to " move on " leave the circus behind ( even a circus wouldn't have a naked man in swimming goggles !)

Aha but what about black tights?  Or was that on his head :scratchhead

Max Wall impersonation ?  bingo

____________________
Be humble for you​ are made​ of earth . Be noble for you​ are made of stars .
sandancer
sandancer

Posts : 948
Activity : 2016
Likes received : 1068
Join date : 2016-02-18
Age : 67
Location : Tyneside

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by sharonl on 19.06.20 23:11

think   Just a thought but could this be nearer to the truth?

Gerry and co. searching for a patsy stumbles across the Inga Gehricke case (or its another Ernie Allen special) and finds that Bruckner had links to Praia Da Luz

Team McCann write to Hans Wolters asking him to investigate "their" new suspect.

Walters writes back having looked at the PJ files saying, thank you for your letter. Sorry to hear about your missing daughter.  We will speak to Mr Brueckner but we are sorry to inform you that the evidence in the files really suggests that Madeleine died inside the apartment and there is no evidence of any intruder.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Posts : 7308
Activity : 9769
Likes received : 1358
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

maebee likes this post

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 1:43

The three stooges are on the loose..

Madeleine McCann suspect's sick confession to judge - a year before she vanished

Authorities in Portugal, where Madeleine McCann disappeared, failed to question Christian Brueckner despite knowing he was a convicted child abuser

By
Gerard Couzens
Andy Lines
Martin Fricker

  • 19:49, 19 JUN 2020
  • Updated20:01, 19 JUN 2020


Detectives investigating Madeleine’s disappearance in Praia da Luz in May 2007 questioned dozens of known sex offenders living in the area.

Portuguese authorities knew Christian Brueckner was a paedophile before Madeleine McCann’s disappearance but still failed to quiz him, we can reveal.

The German admitted he was a convicted child abuser after appearing in court in Portugal for theft in 2006.

Brueckner told the judge he served 18 months in prison for a sex attack on a youth in his homeland when he was a teen.

The revelation that authorities knew of his conviction will pile further pressure on Portuguese officials.

A senior Policia Judiciaria source said before that Brueckner was never quizzed because police did not know he was a sex offender.

Detectives investigating Madeleine’s disappearance in Praia da Luz in May 2007 questioned dozens of known sex offenders living in the area.

But Brueckner, now 43, was never interviewed and returned to his native Germany months later.

Brueckner was caught stealing fuel from HGVs in Portimao, Algarve, in April 2006.

In his first court appearance at the Judicial Court of Portimao, told the judge he was convicted of thefts and sexual offences at age 17.

He molested a girl age six in Bavaria, in 1994. It is unclear if the admission was passed to police by court officials.

Last week, a police source said of Brueckner’s conviction: “Back then, there was not the exchange of information between European police forces. The Policia Judiciaria didn’t know about it.”

Brueckner’s suspected involvement in Madeleine’s abduction only came to light in 2017, following a police appeal.

An informant came forward claiming he confessed to him in a bar that he knew what had happened to her.

Last week a police source told Portuguese newspaper Expresso that “nearly all” Portuguese and foreign sex offenders were questioned.

The paper said: “Although Brueckner arrived in Portugal in 1996 after fleeing a child sex abuse conviction, he wasn’t on that list of predators.

“That’s because back then, there was not the exchange of information between European police forces that takes place today.

“That case of sexual abuse of a minor did not cross the German borders and that meant the PJ didn’t know about it.

“The German was known to police in Portugal, but for petty crimes he’d been convicted of which didn’t raise any alarm bells in May 2007.”

Earlier this month Policia Judiciaria deputy director Carlos Farinha tried to blame Scotland Yard for Brueckner slipping through the net.

He claimed the German’s name was among hundreds passed on to the Met’s Operation Grange team in 2011.

Mr Farinha said: “If the suspicions about this man were so obvious, he would have been the subject of requests made by the British.

“These requests were always authorised by Portugal, but those requests about him were never made.

“If the PJ is being accused of giving Brueckner a lack of priority, the same could be said of the Metropolitan Police.”

Brueckner’s suspected involvement in Madeleine’s abduction only came to light in 2017 following a police appeal.

An informant came forward claiming the drifter confessed to him in a bar that he knew what had happened to her.

German prosecutors say they have evidence Madeleine, from Rothley, Leicestershire, is dead and are conducting a murder inquiry.

It emerged today that police destroyed a van belonging to Brueckner which could have held vital clues about the case.

He slept in the battered Bedford van at beaches on the Algarve and may have been using it when she vanished in May 2007.

The German was in the van with jobless carpenter Tatschl when they were caught carrying out the 2006 diesel thefts.

He was given permission to get the vehicle back after his arrest but did not collect it within a mandatory ten-day period.

However court records do not make it clear if he picked it up at a later date - and was using it when Madeleine disappeared.

Expresso claimed it was actually seized by officers in November 2007 after he failed to pay a fine for the fuel theft.

The van was not swept for forensic evidence that German authorities are now desperately searching for.

Expresso said the blue Bedford CF was kept in a police compound in Portimao for 18 months before being scrapped.

According to court documents seen by the newspaper it had the Portuguese registration plate AZ4247.

Brueckner’s connection to the van has not previously been revealed by German or British police.

They have only released details of two vehicles - a VW T3 Westfalia camper-van and a black Jaguar XJR 6.

Brueckner also drove a mustard VW estate in Portugal and later owned a German-registered Tiffin Alegro winnebago.

The German paedophile lived in the Algarve from 1995 until shortly after Madeleine disappeared from Praia da Luz.

He stayed in a dilapidated farmhouse close to the popular resort, where he often entertained his British girlfriend.

But Brueckner disappeared in early 2006, leaving the property a “rat-infested mess” according to one British neighbour.

According to Expresso he began sleeping in the Bedford van, spending the night parked up at “hippy-hangout” beaches.

The German befriended Tatschl, also slept in the vehicle, and they began committing petty crimes.

They bought the Bedford van from a Moldovan-owned garage in the Algarve town of Odiaxere in March 2006.

The pair were caught red-handed by police the following month as they stole 300 litres of diesel from two trucks in Portimao.

Brueckner gave his address as a German-owned scrap yard in the hamlet of Barrocal, near Portimao.

They were locked up for eight months and ordered to pay for the stolen fuel after their release in December 2006.

Expresso said Brueckner failed to pay and his van was taken by police from the Barrocal address.

The paper said: “It will never be known if the vehicle could have contained any clues about the missing British youngster.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspects-sick-confession-22222112
...................


So say the 'intelligent tabloid'  #makesufinkdunnit


Now I'm totally confused - did the PJ know Germanman was a predatory paedophile or didn't they, that is the question.

Was Germanman living in a rented villa, a campervan, another campervan, or another campervan, a dilapidated farmhouse, a farmyard, a factory, a kiosk, with a mate, with a girlfriend, on the beach, on a campsite .... ?

Funny how all these suspects that have surfaced since May 2007 are all predatory paedophiles - innit?

Whatever, it's all the fault of Portuguese incompetence - always was always will be.

Next?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 1:57

Madeleine McCann disappearance remains missing persons inquiry, says Scotland Yard



Statement says letter from German authorities 'did not state that there was evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead'



By Jamie Johnson in Barrocal and Gerard Couzens 19 June 2020 • 10:00pm



Madeleine McCann's disappearance is "still a missing persons inquiry", Scotland Yard said on Friday, as they denied that German police had told her family about evidence that she was dead.

With relations between officials investigating Christian Brückner continuing to be strained, the Metropolitan Police released an extraordinary statement in which it clarified that it had received one letter from German authorities which "did not state that there was evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead".

It is the Met's first statement since German paedophile Brückner was identified as the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

The statement comes in response to the Braunschweig state prosecutor, Hans Christian Wolters, continuing to insist that the Germans are conducting a murder investigation and that he has sent two letters to the McCanns.

On Tuesday, the McCann family released a statement which said reports suggesting they had been told Madeleine was dead were false and had caused "unnecessary anxiety to friends and family and once again disrupted our lives".

A source close to the McCann family said this week: "It's like Hans Wolters is playing funny games with the McCanns without being funny. Those close to the McCanns are getting really mad with the German approach."

The row comes as court documents in Portugal showed that Brückner had told a Portuguese judge he had historic child sex convictions in his homeland a year before Madeleine disappeared.

But in another apparent blunder by the Portuguese authorities, his official records only showed him to have convictions for stealing fuel and public disobedience, and he was never interviewed in the wake of Madeleine's disappearance in 2007.

In another dramatic turn, court records show that Brückner had another campervan which he used to drive around the Algarve around the time the young girl went missing.

The German, and an Austrian friend, used to sleep in the back of a Bedford CF van which was seized by police in 2008, according to Portuguese newspaper Expresso. However, any hopes that the vehicle could hold vital clues to the Madeleine case were dashed when it emerged that it had been scrapped in 2009.

Brückner and his friend were arrested on April 8, 2006 for stealing 321 litres of diesel from parked lorries in the Algarve town of Portimao. The Austrian could not be contacted on Friday, but is thought to be living outside Portugal.


Court files from the time say Brückner told judge Antonieta Nascimento that, when he was 17 and living in Germany, he was convicted of thefts and sexual offences and spent a year and a half in prison.

Brückner, now 43, had molested a six-year-old girl in a playground in his home town of Wurzburg, Bavaria, in 1994. It is not known if this information was ever passed on to police.

The court documents also show that Brückner was offered a place to live by the owner of the scrapyard in Barrocal at which his distinctive VW Westfalia campervan was seized last year.

According to Expresso, it is also where the Bedford van was seized after Portuguese police officers visited the property in November 2008 because Brückner had not paid fines. Brückner had allegedly given the address to court officials. 

On Friday, when asked about his relationship with Brückner, the scrapyard owner said: "Ask the police. They know the whole story. I have nothing to do with this crime."

Separately, a Portuguese woman told the court in 2006 that she owned a restaurant in the town of Lagos, just a short drive from Praia da Luz, and that she would employ Brückner on a six-month contract, paying him 450 euros a month. She could not be contacted on Friday.

A Policia Judiciaria source told Expresso at the weekend that Brückner was never questioned by detectives immediately after Madeleine disappeared in May 2007 because they had no idea he was a convicted sex offender.

But the latest disclosure has put the spotlight firmly back onto the Portuguese authorities, who said British and German police also missed chances to identify him years ago.

A Policia Judiciaria source quoted by the paper said: "Nearly all the Portuguese nationals and foreigners living on the Algarve with sex offence convictions were questioned at the time."

The paper reported: "Although Brückner had arrived in Portugal from Germany in 1996 after fleeing a child sex abuse conviction, he wasn't on that list of predators. That's because, back then, there was not the exchange of information between European police forces that takes place today.

"That case of sexual abuse of a minor did not cross the German borders, and that meant the PJ [Policia Judiciaria] didn't know about it. The German was known to police in Portugal, but for petty crimes he'd been convicted of, which didn't raise any alarms in May 2007."

By then, Brückner had raped a 72-year-old American tourist at a luxury beachfront villa, but was only convicted last year.
He spent eight months in prison for stealing the diesel and was released in December 2006, five months before Madeleine went missing. After her disappearance, he moved to Foral, where he got a job as a waiter, but was apparently feared by locals.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/19/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-remains-missing-persons-inquiry/
....................


Shame on you Mr Telegraph - shame on you!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 2:10

Judge:  So Mr Germanman, do you have anything to say in your defence before being sentenced for acts of theft?

Mr Germanman:  Vell yes your vership, I am a convicted peadophile, a rapist, a thug, a drug dealer, a woman beater, a flasher, a burglar, a hippy, a murderer, a car dealer.  Oh, and I sell cut price fags down Luz street market the first Thursday every month ..... does that help, have I forgotten anything?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 2:16

Seriously, would a murderer or dead body disposal agent openly confess their sins in a bar?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

maebee likes this post

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by pauloalexandre on 20.06.20 11:41

@Verdi wrote:Seriously, would a murderer or dead body disposal agent openly confess their sins in a bar?
Not even in the most badly written soap opera.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Posts : 484
Activity : 571
Likes received : 87
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Batman on 20.06.20 13:08

@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Seriously, would a murderer or dead body disposal agent openly confess their sins in a bar?
Not even in the most badly written soap opera.

What relevance is the location?

Isnt it more appropriate to question whether a criminal would brag about their exploits to a trusted accomplice or friend? And the answer to that is surely 'yes'. It could be in a bar, restaurant or anywhere.

Alliegences change over time and what was once a shared secret is weaponized as an instrument of revenge. Surely you know this happens.

Once again, I'll state that no-one is trying to undermine all the hard work that's gone into this site. Quite the opposite in fact. This latest news could indicate that we are getting closer to the truth by finding out how the body was disposed of and who was involved.

That would lead to prosecution of Kate & Gerry McCann but you refuse to consider this possibility. Why?
Batman
Batman

Posts : 31
Activity : 50
Likes received : 17
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 13:13


Madeleine McCann case: tabloids and trolls fill vacuum as wait goes on


Two weeks after Germans identified a suspect, there is no further clarity but much slander and speculation


Archie Bland

Sat 20 Jun 2020 07.00 BST

Out of the blue, more than 13 years after Madeleine McCann disappeared, it seemed as if a resolution to the case might be in sight when German police this month identified a new prime suspect and launched an international appeal for information.

Circumstantial evidence placed Christian Brückner, a convicted paedophile currently in prison, in the town of Praia de Luz on the day of the disappearance, 3 May 2007. “It was a real bombshell in Germany,” said Roman Lehberger, a journalist at the news magazine Der Spiegel. “It was clear to all of us immediately that this was a huge breakthrough.”

A fortnight later, the clarity that the McCann family have sought so desperately is yet to be found. Even as the German prosecutor referred to “concrete evidence” that Madeleine was dead, a saga seen by some as one of the most unedifying in the history of the British media has reverted to type. There are sharp disagreements between police forces, anonymised and libellous warfare on social media, dubious claims reported as fact, exhaustion in Praia de Luz – and, at the centre of it all, a family whose only defence against the world is silence.

“This is the first time in many years that it seems like a real suspect has been brought forward. There are real facts,” said Robbyn Swan, a co-author with Anthony Summers of the 2014 book Looking for Madeleine. “But we are seeing, sadly, a repeat of the behaviour that we saw years ago.”

With hundreds of leads flooding in to police, the fact that the case has not yet been solved should not be viewed as reason to think it never will be. “It’s really early, and they’re keeping their cards very close to their chests,” Lehberger said. “My sense is that there has not yet been a major breakthrough – they would have announced it by now if there was solid evidence. But they need time to get a clear picture.”

But he added: “He [Brückner] has months to serve still, but his release is on the horizon. They’re getting a little bit nervous and they need to pin this on him now. This is their last resort.”

Observers of the circus that has long followed the McCann story say that in the vacuum created by the wait since that appeal for a clear outcome, the narrative has reverted to type.

Dr John Synnott, a senior lecturer in investigative and forensic psychology at the University of Huddersfield, published a study in 2017 of the behaviour of online trolls who maintain that Kate and Gerry McCann were responsible for their daughter’s disappearance, against all evidence to the contrary. Three years later, he says the behaviour of his subjects remains the same.

One thread on a popular messageboard, whose members accuse the McCanns, has drawn almost 1,000 posts in the past fortnight, while the #mccann hashtag on Twitter has become a torrent of speculation and abuse.

The trolls jump on any new information and find their own angle. “It is hugely important to a lot of people’s identities,” Synnott said. “They see new information, but they find something in there that aligns with their existing critique, and they regurgitate it.”

If the trolls have reverted to type, so too have parts of the media, publishing anonymous second-hand source accounts of Brückner’s confession, suggestions that he “turned his friend into a paedophile”, and speculation on his mental state from an expert who “once examined Adolf and Eva Hitler’s skulls”. One story focused on pictures of an apartment Brückner once lived in featuring a child’s cuddly horse – only to note in the caption that the pictures had been taken after he moved out and the flat was redecorated.

Meanwhile, the police forces of the three countries involved are said to have been in dispute, with questions in Germany over whether British investigators acted on leads relating to Brückner shared by their German counterparts between 2013 and 2017, and accounts emerging from Portugal of anger at an “arrogant” German request to retest a saliva sample.

In Portugal, where the case has gripped public attention over the years just as it has in the UK, updates have led broadcast news bulletins and front pages. Rui Gustavo, a journalist for the Expresso newspaper, said police disagreements were overplayed, and readers were following the case as closely as ever. “People are reacting with surprise because everyone thought the case was dead,” he said. “It’s an incredible phenomenon.”

In Germany it is suspected either that the proof of Madeleine’s death may not be admissible in court because of how it was obtained, or that police are deliberately holding back information that could only be known to the perpetrator in order not to jeopardise the investigation.

Until the police have followed up every tip, the picture will remain as opaque and as open to speculation as it has always been. “They needed that response from the public,” said Anthony Summers. “A lot of it will be useless, but investigations really are resolved this way: the idea that there’s someone, somewhere, who knows the little bit that we need to slot the thing together.”

Like Synnott, Summers fears that for some it will never be enough. “There is a hardcore cadre who will never believe any resolution,” he said. “They will take this to the ‘we never landed on the moon’ level.”

Swan, the author, said such accounts should not overwhelm the smaller and more significant story at the centre of the maelstrom. “If we’re talking about a suspect convicted of child sexual assault and abuse and that is the kind of person who is ultimately found to be guilty – those are the people who do it again if they aren’t stopped,” she said.

“And we try to remind ourselves every time we talk about it that there is this family at the heart of it, to speak with some care and some empathy for what they must go through every time her name is mentioned. The world talks about it as a case; for them it is their lives.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/20/madeleine-mccann-case-tabloids-and-trolls-fill-vacuum-as-wait-goes-on
.....................

Typical of the Grauniad, another typing error gone unnoticed .... 'Madeleine McCann case: tabloids and trolls fill vacuum as wait goes on'.
That should of course read .... 'Madeleine McCann case:  tabloids and trolls fill the vacuum as weight goes on'.

This article, can't accurately call it a report, is yet another example of the Netflix connection, and yet another scathing attack against the Portuguese.

As I've said time and time again - the McCanns invited us into their lives so don't go blubbering when things go belly-up.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Tabloids and trolls

Post by Ladyinred on 20.06.20 13:17

Today's Guardian: "Madeleine McCann case - Tabloids and trolls fill the vacuum as wait goes on".

Would someone kindly post the link to the above article?  

Includes comments from Summers & Swan and John Synnot  blah

ETA Oops! Verdi has posted it while I was typing & I can't delete.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Posts : 409
Activity : 572
Likes received : 157
Join date : 2017-11-25

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by pauloalexandre on 20.06.20 13:18

@Batman wrote:Isnt it more appropriate to question whether a criminal would brag about their exploits to a trusted accomplice or friend? And the answer to that is surely 'yes'. It could be in a bar, restaurant or anywhere.
Maybe the bar was located in the lawless hills of Praia da Luz.

big grin

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Posts : 484
Activity : 571
Likes received : 87
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 13:20

@Batman wrote:That would lead to prosecution of Kate & Gerry McCann but you refuse to consider this possibility. Why?

Because it's a load of old codswallop!

Where's Robbyn by the way?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 13:22

@Ladyinred wrote:Today's Guardian: "Madeleine McCann case - Tabloids and trolls fill the vacuum as wait goes on".

Would someone kindly post the link to the above article?  

Includes comments from Summers & Swan and John Synnot  blah

ETA Oops!  Verdi has posted it while I was typing & I can't delete.

It's directly above your post Ladyinred, our paths crossed smilie

ETA: And again big grin !

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Batman on 20.06.20 13:29

@Verdi wrote:
@Batman wrote:That would lead to prosecution of Kate & Gerry McCann but you refuse to consider this possibility. Why?

Because it's a load of old codswallop!

Where's Robbyn by the way?

I asked a simple question and you both responded by taking the piss.

That says it all as far as I'm concerned and I'll just leave this here for all to see.

I'm off to enjoy my day.
Batman
Batman

Posts : 31
Activity : 50
Likes received : 17
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by pauloalexandre on 20.06.20 13:32

@Verdi wrote:
Madeleine McCann case: tabloids and trolls fill vacuum as wait goes on


Two weeks after Germans identified a suspect, there is no further clarity but much slander and speculation


Archie Bland

Sat 20 Jun 2020 07.00 BST

Out of the blue, more than 13 years after Madeleine McCann disappeared, it seemed as if a resolution to the case might be in sight when German police this month identified a new prime suspect and launched an international appeal for information.

Circumstantial evidence placed Christian Brückner, a convicted paedophile currently in prison, in the town of Praia de Luz on the day of the disappearance, 3 May 2007. “It was a real bombshell in Germany,” said Roman Lehberger, a journalist at the news magazine Der Spiegel. “It was clear to all of us immediately that this was a huge breakthrough.”

A fortnight later, the clarity that the McCann family have sought so desperately is yet to be found. Even as the German prosecutor referred to “concrete evidence” that Madeleine was dead, a saga seen by some as one of the most unedifying in the history of the British media has reverted to type. There are sharp disagreements between police forces, anonymised and libellous warfare on social media, dubious claims reported as fact, exhaustion in Praia de Luz – and, at the centre of it all, a family whose only defence against the world is silence.

“This is the first time in many years that it seems like a real suspect has been brought forward. There are real facts,” said Robbyn Swan, a co-author with Anthony Summers of the 2014 book Looking for Madeleine. “But we are seeing, sadly, a repeat of the behaviour that we saw years ago.”

With hundreds of leads flooding in to police, the fact that the case has not yet been solved should not be viewed as reason to think it never will be. “It’s really early, and they’re keeping their cards very close to their chests,” Lehberger said. “My sense is that there has not yet been a major breakthrough – they would have announced it by now if there was solid evidence. But they need time to get a clear picture.”

But he added: “He [Brückner] has months to serve still, but his release is on the horizon. They’re getting a little bit nervous and they need to pin this on him now. This is their last resort.”

Observers of the circus that has long followed the McCann story say that in the vacuum created by the wait since that appeal for a clear outcome, the narrative has reverted to type.

Dr John Synnott, a senior lecturer in investigative and forensic psychology at the University of Huddersfield, published a study in 2017 of the behaviour of online trolls who maintain that Kate and Gerry McCann were responsible for their daughter’s disappearance, against all evidence to the contrary. Three years later, he says the behaviour of his subjects remains the same.

One thread on a popular messageboard, whose members accuse the McCanns, has drawn almost 1,000 posts in the past fortnight, while the #mccann hashtag on Twitter has become a torrent of speculation and abuse.

The trolls jump on any new information and find their own angle. “It is hugely important to a lot of people’s identities,” Synnott said. “They see new information, but they find something in there that aligns with their existing critique, and they regurgitate it.”

If the trolls have reverted to type, so too have parts of the media, publishing anonymous second-hand source accounts of Brückner’s confession, suggestions that he “turned his friend into a paedophile”, and speculation on his mental state from an expert who “once examined Adolf and Eva Hitler’s skulls”. One story focused on pictures of an apartment Brückner once lived in featuring a child’s cuddly horse – only to note in the caption that the pictures had been taken after he moved out and the flat was redecorated.

Meanwhile, the police forces of the three countries involved are said to have been in dispute, with questions in Germany over whether British investigators acted on leads relating to Brückner shared by their German counterparts between 2013 and 2017, and accounts emerging from Portugal of anger at an “arrogant” German request to retest a saliva sample.

In Portugal, where the case has gripped public attention over the years just as it has in the UK, updates have led broadcast news bulletins and front pages. Rui Gustavo, a journalist for the Expresso newspaper, said police disagreements were overplayed, and readers were following the case as closely as ever. “People are reacting with surprise because everyone thought the case was dead,” he said. “It’s an incredible phenomenon.”

In Germany it is suspected either that the proof of Madeleine’s death may not be admissible in court because of how it was obtained, or that police are deliberately holding back information that could only be known to the perpetrator in order not to jeopardise the investigation.

Until the police have followed up every tip, the picture will remain as opaque and as open to speculation as it has always been. “They needed that response from the public,” said Anthony Summers. “A lot of it will be useless, but investigations really are resolved this way: the idea that there’s someone, somewhere, who knows the little bit that we need to slot the thing together.”

Like Synnott, Summers fears that for some it will never be enough. “There is a hardcore cadre who will never believe any resolution,” he said. “They will take this to the ‘we never landed on the moon’ level.”

Swan, the author, said such accounts should not overwhelm the smaller and more significant story at the centre of the maelstrom. “If we’re talking about a suspect convicted of child sexual assault and abuse and that is the kind of person who is ultimately found to be guilty – those are the people who do it again if they aren’t stopped,” she said.

“And we try to remind ourselves every time we talk about it that there is this family at the heart of it, to speak with some care and some empathy for what they must go through every time her name is mentioned. The world talks about it as a case; for them it is their lives.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/20/madeleine-mccann-case-tabloids-and-trolls-fill-vacuum-as-wait-goes-on
.....................

Typical of the Grauniad, another typing error gone unnoticed .... 'Madeleine McCann case: tabloids and trolls fill vacuum as wait goes on'.
That should of course read .... 'Madeleine McCann case:  tabloids and trolls fill the vacuum as weight goes on'.

This article, can't accurately call it a report, is yet another example of the Netflix connection, and yet another scathing attack against the Portuguese.

As I've said time and time again - the McCanns invited us into their lives so don't go blubbering when things go belly-up.
goodpoint

The McCanns asked for our help, set up a website and a fund to help "find Madeleine", so therefore we have every reason to question whether their version of events is correct.

Also, I see that many of these "journalists" don't know what the word "troll" means.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Posts : 484
Activity : 571
Likes received : 87
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by cookiemuncher on 20.06.20 14:27

"A family whose only defence against the world is silence" said Robbyn Swan.  Oh really?

Didn't you know that Kate McCann had a voice when she told us about the "whooshing curtains" that never happened as they were secured behind the bed in the bedroom, or the "slamming door" when there was no high winds that evening.

And what about them continuously asking for Funds for their "slush" Fund, they weren't silent then though, were they but they've been very silent on where all that lovely dosh has gone, although they said their accounts would be transparent they've been the opposite, or has that all fallen on your deaf ears.

What about "evidence to the contrary you say", forgotten about Eddie & Keela have you, how convenient.  I bet the PJ haven't nor OG, they're a thorn in the side of everyone except the PJ.  Talking about the PJ why is it that your kind always want to diss the hard work they have done, read the PJ files it might open your eyes.  Are you scared of them, it seems everyone is that is trying to make excuse after excuse for the McCanns.

By the way do you know that cadaver dogs can detect a dead body under water?  That's how clever and astute they are or do you like ignoring facts like that as if doesn't fit with your narrative to protect the McCanns at every cost although you'd never even heard of them or met them before Madeleine disappeared, you know that girl that they were supposed to love and cherish but apparently forgot she existed when they went out on the lash for a few hours, or did they?  That is the question.
cookiemuncher
cookiemuncher

Posts : 309
Activity : 389
Likes received : 78
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Jill Havern on 20.06.20 14:56

Cadaver dogs can also detect dead bodies buried under concrete too, hence why they're taken to places like the Twin Towers.

Hardly unreliable.

____________________
PeterMac's FREE e-book
Gonçalo Amaral: The truth of the lie
NEW CMOMM & MMRG Blog
George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Posts : 18671
Activity : 30619
Likes received : 7230
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty zapata

Post by PeterMac on 20.06.20 15:55

Just for the record, Wisconsin v Zapata is quoted, with the full reference, in Kate's autobiography. The original case which resulted in a hung jury was in 2006.
He confessed IN FULL, proving the dogs had been absolutely 100% correct in February 2008
Her book was published in 2011.
She, her lawyers, proof readers and editor, and family members had ample opportunity to change the wording of that particular piece.
But they chose not to, and it therefore becomes Exhibit A
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 11903
Activity : 14701
Likes received : 1870
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 16:31

@Batman wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Batman wrote:That would lead to prosecution of Kate & Gerry McCann but you refuse to consider this possibility. Why?

Because it's a load of old codswallop!

Where's Robbyn by the way?

I asked a simple question and you both responded by taking the piss.

That says it all as far as I'm concerned and I'll just leave this here for all to see.

I'm off to enjoy my day.

Just a little banter, Batman. You need a bit of light relief sometimes. Enjoy your day thumbsup

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by Verdi on 20.06.20 16:35

@pauloalexandre wrote:Also, I see that many of these "journalists" don't know what the word "troll" means.

Troll has become a by-word for anyone who dares to challenge the official narrative on any subject.

Ridiculous!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 18638
Activity : 25165
Likes received : 5563
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Empty Re: The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Post by pauloalexandre on 20.06.20 16:54

@Verdi wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:Also, I see that many of these "journalists" don't know what the word "troll" means.

Troll has become a by-word for anyone who dares to challenge the official narrative on any subject.

Ridiculous!
"Conspiracy theorists" is the preferred term to ridicule people who go against official narratives, be that terrorist attacks or what have you.

The word "troll", in particular, is used more often to target those who raise pretty good questions about the McCann case. Brenda Leyland is one instance of someone who was branded a "troll", after she became media attention - due to the shameful doorstepping of Martin Brunt. I remember seeing some pretty nasty comments in HideHo's tribute video to Brenda Leyland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMih8I_EZk0

"Oh my god, a tribute to a troll.....whatever next"

"Brenda you were a Troll angel sent to us by the internet Gods ....your cyber wings were clipped ever so early. May you find another poor family to harass up there in cyberspace heaven....Tah tah ..... you sweet demented angel."


But how can anyone claim that people are trolling the McCanns, if they don't even use social media?

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Posts : 484
Activity : 571
Likes received : 87
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum