The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Regist10

Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by Verdi 21.10.21 16:10

Yes thank you lisbon, I posted the link just over a week ago on this very thread.

I'm surprised as a member and 'a lurker' you missed it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hat

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

Back to top Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 10 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by Verdi 22.10.21 1:12

Madeleine McCann: Investigation was flawed from the start, says senior detective who was there

June 5, 2020 2.58pm BST

News that a 43-year-old German man is now the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case appears – at last – to be a significant development.

The information from the German authorities and the Metropolitan Police Service indicates that in May 2007 this man was living and frequenting Praia da Luz, Portugal, and possibly committing burglaries at holiday complexes to fund his itinerant lifestyle. It also appears that as a teenager he was convicted of sexual offences against children in Germany and was therefore a known convicted sex offender in 2007.

This raises several questions: was he known to the Portuguese investigation team at the time? If so, when did his name enter their system and what did they do to implicate or eliminate him from their enquiry? When was his name passed on to the UK investigation team? These are questions at the forefront of my mind as I think back to my time in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann had been missing for several days when I arrived in Praia da Luz in May 2007. I had been sent to Portugal as part of the UK’s Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre (CEOP) response to Madeleine’s disappearance. I was a detective superintendent and senior investigating officer (SIO) with knowledge about predatory child sexual abusers and non-familial child abduction.
Disinformation is dangerous. We fight it with facts and expertise.

After being briefed at the British Consulate regarding Madeleine’s disappearance, I met with Gerry and Kate McCann at their holiday apartment and we discussed the Portuguese police investigation strategy and possible scenarios that could have led to their daughter’s disappearance. Understandably, the McCanns were trying to come to terms with the situation they found themselves in.

During our discussion, Gerry asked me directly if I thought his daughter was still alive, and I pointed out that if she had been abducted – statistically – she would by now be dead. The majority of children who are murdered after being abducted by someone unknown to them are dead within three to six hours. It was a difficult conversation, but I was struck by how focused the McCanns remained throughout.

The following day I went to the police station in Praia da Luz and spoke with several of the lead Portuguese investigators. They were all very polite but it was clear from their attitude and response that they didn’t welcome what they considered to be UK interference in a Portuguese crime. At that time, they were also receiving advice from Leicestershire Police (the McCanns’ home police force) supported by the then UK National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA).

From the outset I was struck by the lack of urgency surrounding the investigation and it was difficult to establish any detailed information around what direction the investigation was taking. Over the next few days, whenever I suggested certain courses of action that they might wish to consider, the Portuguese police either dismissed it out of hand or I was informed that it had already been done without result.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters gives a press statement on the Madeleine McCann case on June 4 2020 after a 43-year-old German man was identified as being suspected of her murder. EPA-EFE/FOCKE STRANGMANN

Flawed investigation

As the days went by, I became more and more frustrated and I relayed this back to CEOP in my telephone conversations and daily written reports. After ten exasperating days avoiding the growing media presence, trying to get and impart information and having meetings cancelled at the last minute because investigators were too busy, it was still unclear to me whether many of the key investigative tasks had been adequately completed.

For example, I had serious misgivings about the quality of the search strategy, the recording of full-time and casual staff at the holiday complex, identification of all known suspected and convicted sex offenders living or frequenting the area, and other significant or relevant crimes in the local area.

My professional opinion was that the Portuguese investigative approach to Madeleine’s disappearance was flawed and not fit for purpose when set against what we would have been done in a similar investigation in the UK. This was reflected time and time again in my verbal and written reports and the “fiasco” was regularly reported on in the press.

Disappointingly, as the investigation progressed there was also a certain amount of inter-agency rivalry between the UK agencies involved, which resulted in a fraught working relationship.

‘Golden hours’ wasted

In the years since Madeleine’s disappearance, I have also raised my concerns as to whether agencies across Europe are still any better prepared for these types of investigations. When an investigation team doesn’t gather information or act in a timely and systematic fashion, the investigation gets away from them and this dramatically reduces the chances of the crime being solved.

My experience then, and even more so now having studied the behaviour of non-familial child abductors and murderers in-depth as a criminologist, is that the first 24 to 48 hours of a child abduction investigation – often referred to as the “golden hours” – are critical to its successful outcome. It requires strong, dynamic leadership supported by clear defensible decision making.

This must be backed up by systems and structures designed to collect and evaluate information quickly. At the same time, information must be retained in a manner so that it can be revisited at appropriate times as the investigation moves forward and alternative lines of enquiry are considered.

Non-familial child abduction attracts vast amounts of media attention. High-profile cases often attract national media coverage and cases where the child is murdered become, what is called in criminology, “mega-homicides”. These cases can attract worldwide attention and generate vast amounts of information.

The potential for this information to overwhelm even the best-prepared investigation agency during the early hours or days of an inquiry is considerable. For this reason, there is a need for a systematic approach to core policing functions to deal with the complexity. And it is vital to have a thorough, well documented investigation strategy.

The press pack after questioning Gerry and Kate McCann in 2007. Steve Parsons/PA Wire/PA Images

These investigations also require highly skilled and experienced investigators who have the ability to make defensible decisions based upon reliable information and create investigative strategy and policy that can stand the test of hindsight. A failure to do so can have serious consequences.

Three years after Madeleine’s disappearance, in 2010, I conducted and wrote CEOP’s internal review of the Portuguese investigation, which was subsequently passed to the Home Office. The review contained observations and recommendations that, after repeated requests from the McCanns, led to the Met being tasked to establish their own investigation, Operation Grange.

The information timeline, when fully known, may offer clarity and explanations to many of the questions that have been swirling around this case since 2007. But these explanations may also raise more uncomfortable questions about the effectiveness of the initial police inquiry and the competence of the people who led it. I only hope this new information leads to some form of closure for the McCanns.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.10.21 6:57

Madeleine McCann cops' plan mock trial to test evidence against suspect Christian Brueckner

Brueckner was named last year as the prime suspect in the three-year-old’s 2007 disappearance from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.

ByPatrick Hill
04:30, 24 OCT 2021UPDATED04:31, 24 OCT 2021

Prosecutors trying to nail the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann ’s disappearance are planning a mock trial to test their evidence.

They will stage it behind closed doors in a bid to strengthen their case against Christian Brueckner, 44. German investigators made the decision after meeting Portuguese police last week.

Brueckner was named last year as the prime suspect in the three-year-old’s 2007 disappearance from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.

He is now in jail serving seven years for the rape of a 72-year-old woman in the same resort. A source said: “It will be a sort of trial run to see how strong their case is and see what more evidence might be needed to charge him. They are 100 per cent convinced but want to test arguments under cross-examination.”

It’s believed the trial “rehearsal” will take place at the investigators’ office, with lawyers split into prosecution and defence teams.

Brueckner, of Brunswick in central Germany, denies any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance and claims police have not found a “shred of evidence”.

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, vanished from an apartment in Praia da Luz while on holiday with mum and dad Kate and Gerry and her two-year-old twin siblings.

She was taken from her bed as her parents dined at a nearby poolside restaurant in the complex.

A Scotland Yard investigation to try to find Madeleine, who would now be 18, has cost more than £12million.

Brueckner, who is housed in a high-security prison in Oldenburg, near Bremen, has convictions for sexual assault against children and he is being investigated on suspicion of at least five other sex crimes.

He was living on the outskirts of Praia da Luz when Madeleine dis-appeared. Police first became aware of him as a suspect in 2017 but did not publicly name him until June 2020.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MAGA MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43537

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.21 9:10

Is a mock-up trial normal procedure?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.10.21 9:12

Or a rehersal for the performance.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6691

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 24.10.21 9:18

Daily Record spinning a tale, which is not to be found anywhere on the German net. How can they proceed with a preliminary hearing without first questioning their Suspect?
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2978

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.10.21 9:32

Because it doesn't matter what he says, they will stitch him up and find him guilty.

If it's true they are having a rehersal, it's not his answers they are concerned with.

There is no way CB can have a fair trial after all the publicity he's had, he is already guilty in the eyes of the world.

It's a foregone conclusion.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 24.10.21 9:58

Considering that Amaral has now shown the Medical report showing there was no Rape, if I was Brückner’s Lawyer, I would say his Conviction is now unsafe, and demand a re-trial.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Silverspeed and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 24.10.21 12:48

Are they testing the waters to see what they can get away with, putting the alleged evidence to him to see if he can defend himself with witnesses and alibis, and then maybe paying his witnesses a quick visit, Brian Kennedy style?

They'll be telling us next that he has confessed.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11270

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.10.21 13:02

I don't think CB will play any part in the "rehersal", his solicitor has said "you are more likely to get a long cold drink in hell before CB will talk to them"
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 13:38

Prosecutors trying to nail the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are planning a mock trial to test their evidence

what laugh

ex moderator
ex moderator

Silverspeed and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.21 13:57

laugh  I've got Carrot Brueckner in my head now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 13:58

Crime & Investigation

Madeleine McCann: Investigating the Prime Suspect

Madeleine McCann disappeared in 2007 on a family holiday in Portugal and her case is still unsolved and is arguably the most high-profile missing persons case of the last 25 years.

Ex-detective Mark Williams-Thomas carries out the first active TV investigation into the German paedophile Christian B since he became the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case. The German authorities say they have evidence that Maddie is dead and that Christian B is guilty of her murder but they also say there isn't enough evidence to prosecute him. Mark already has new information - he has secured interviews with his accusers, former friends, neighbours and associates - some of whom have never spoken to the media before. As he discovers evidence that could turn the story on its head, what really happened to Madeleine McCann? This series is poised to offer the most definitive answer yet.

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 14:05

The oracle speaketh..

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 14:18

I don't know about the drive-tv programme linked above, I don't subscribe so can't watch the video. I strongly suspect it's not new, if it was it would be the talk of the day - it's not.

Williams-Thomas would have it splashed across social media - he's probably saving his new crime revelations as a stocking filler for xmas.

Hope it's not so big he gets stuck up the chimney!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.10.21 14:24

I hope MW-T doesn't say anything that Clarke-Kent doesn't agree with !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16843

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 15:06

Bit of a coincidence he of the Olive Press published the article about the alleged Portugal/Germany meeting about the same time as Williams-Thomas' tweet.

21st October 2021

winkwink

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 15:24

Don't think I've seen this before..

Madeleine McCann suspect 'had fetish for dangerous situations', pal tells cops

An unnamed mate of Christian Brueckner – the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann's disappearance – claims he told him: "I like to see catastrophe situations. I need dangerous situations"

ByJerry Lawton

23:13, 20 OCT 2021

The prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance had a fetish for dangerous situations, a pal has told police.

And he claimed convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner told him: "I like to see catastrophe situations. I need dangerous situations."

The unnamed mate said Brueckner told him he took pleasure from torturing, was attracted to children and would kill a person "faster than an animal".

These revelations are in case files German police have compiled about Brueckner’s alleged involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.

The three-year-old vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal’s Algarve in 2007.

German prosecutors recently shared evidence against Brueckner with Portuguese detectives, who they are meeting this week to decide how to proceed with the investigation.

Brueckner, 44, is currently serving a seven-year jail sentence for raping a 72-year-old woman in the same resort from which Madeleine vanished.

He claims he had no involvement in her disappearance.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 15:27

"I like to see catastrophe situations. I need dangerous situations"

Inconclusive - that's the sort of thing I say when venturing into the local wine merchant on a Friday evening.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 24.10.21 15:33

" He has secured interviews with his accusers ,former friends neighbours and associates , some of whom have never spoken to the media before " !! 

Does that mean super researcher Clarke missed these people during his exhaustive " investigation " ? 

Produced by Screendog , sounds about right ! 

At least they haven't referred to W.T as a " top cop "  big grin

Activity : 2412

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.21 16:03

Jon:  Hey Chris, how goes it?

ChrisB:  Top dog Man, I'm going in the bar for a few, fancy joining me.

Jon:  Why not, I could do with lubricating the larynx.

Chris:  Lets go!  Now where to, what about The Old Olive Tree

Jon:  Yeah, then we can move on to The Sun for a few more bevvies

Chris:  My tongues hanging out already.

Chris:  Oie you, barman!  Bring us over a couple of barrels of your fines brew, 'ere have a joint, that sardine munching twat won't notice

Jon:  LOLs

Chris:  It's long time since I spoke to you in private.

Jon:  It's not private, there's a group of ten at the next table

Chris:  Never mind them, what I've go to say is not their business.

Jon:  Sounds interesting, tell me more.

Chris:  Well, you know I've got a fetish for dangerous catastrophic situations

Jon:  Yeah, it has been said LOLs

Chris:  Well, between you and me, I know I can trust you, there's a lot about me you don't know and nor do the filth so keep it to yourself.

Jon:  Ooooooo - go on spill!

Chris:  Yes it is ooooo are you ready for this  I'm a prolific burglar, a rapist, a child molester, a tobacconist, a paedophile, a flasher, a newsagent, a car dealer, a dark web lurker, a thief, a drug dealer, you name it I've done it.  The more illegal the betterer.

Jon:  Blimey, a man after me own heart, you're better than I thought!

Chris:  The beauty is, they can't catch me cos I'm a traveler and they ain't got a scrap of evidence. LOLs

Jon:  So what's your next job - count me in if there's big bucks

Chris:  I'm thinking of breaking into the big villa down the road and giving some old woman a good seeing to, I've got me mask and musk ready so she can't recognize me.

Jon:  You're alright mate, I think you can leave me out of that one

Chris:  You can come along and video the action if you like, it'll be good fun

Jon:  Nah count me out, me battery's dead

Chris:  Oh well your loss - but remember mum's the word!

Jon:  Don't worry there, your secrets safe with me.  I'm thinking of writing a book but I won't mention you.

Chris:  Thanks for the beer, you did say you'd pay didn't you.  Cheers catch you later!

(Translation by google)

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.10.21 1:32

MADDIE WITNESS Witness in Madeleine McCann probe to sue discredited Portuguese cop for defamation

Nick Pisa

0:34, 25 Oct 2021Updated: 0:34, 25 Oct 2021

A WITNESS in the Madeleine McCann probe is to sue discredited ­Portuguese cop Goncalo Amaral for defamation.

HGV driver Helge ­Busching, 49, identified prime suspect Christian B, 44, to cops.

A witness in the Madeleine McCann probe is to sue discredited ­Portuguese cop Goncalo Amaral, pictured, for defamationCredit: The Sun

His evidence helped nail the convicted paedophile of a rape in Portugal in 2005 close to where Madeleine vanished in 2007, aged three.

Amaral — thrown off the case after wrongly identifying parents Kate and Gerry as suspects — branded German Busching and a pal “unreliable witnesses” in a book.

Busching told The Sun: “I’m not happy with what has been said about me by this policeman.”

His lawyer, George Tzeriz, said the criticism was “unjustified and unwarranted”.

He said: “He is a key witness in this investigation and is seen so by the police.”

Images..

HGV driver Helge ­Busching identified prime suspect Christian B (pictured) to copsCredit: Rex

Amaral — thrown off the case after wrongly identifying parents Kate and Gerry as suspects — branded German Busching and a pal 'unreliable witnesses' in a bookCredit: PA

Madeleine vanished from Praia da Luz, in the Algarve region of Portugal in 2007 aged threeCredit: AP

spit coffee  tease   roflmao hysterical  rotfl  oh go on pursefight

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.10.21 9:57

No picture of Busching in the above report, Seyferth talking on video.
These two got Brueckner convicted of rape of the American lady, because of the video footage.

They say they are convinced he killed Madeleine, with zero evidence, absolute rubbish.

Busching now going to sue G Amaral for telling the truth.

His lawyer, George Tzeriz said "criticism was unjustified and unwarranted."

Who's paying him to act for Busching and his hurty feelings?

G Amaral, who was involved from the start, lost his job, faces the threat of being sued by ne'er do well and has been sued by the McCann's, is the only one innocent in all this.

Follow the money.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 25.10.21 10:42

Pantazi and Tzeriz do operate a Law firm in Athens, Greece. They were involved last year in the case of an American woman who was run over, raped and killed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whether they have been instructed to work for Helge Lars Busching, a Recycling worker is another story? 

Source:
Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.10.21 12:48

crusader wrote:No picture of Busching in the above report, Seyferth talking on video.
These two got Brueckner convicted of rape of the American lady, because of the video footage.

They say they are convinced he killed Madeleine, with zero evidence, absolute rubbish.

His lawyer, George Tzeriz said "criticism was unjustified and unwarranted."

Who's paying him to act for Busching and his hurty feelings?

G Amaral, who was involved from the start, lost his job, faces the threat of being sued by ne'er do well and has been sued by the McCann's, is the only one innocent in all this.

Follow the money.

It's risible!

How can he sue Dr Amaral for telling the truth and the truth Dr Amaral was telling - the Brueckner partners in crime are unreliable witnesses.

big grin

That aside, if there be any truth in this report, which I seriously doubt, Busching would be entitled to legal representation even if he is penniless.

Unless he's got £750,000 stashed away for a rainy day like shhhh 'you know who', he couldn't afford to sue anyone! As regards shhhh 'you know who' they failed miserably when trying to sue Dr Amaral for defamation and they had top libel lawyers representing their case, backed by a multimillionaire!

I only post-up these reports for posterity, this is after all a reference forum for now and the future. In years to come, CMOMM/MMRG will be a leading reference source for case study - it's important we get it right!

That's our vision and our legacy to Madeleine Beth McCann yes .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Jill Havern, sandancer, alan and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top