The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Guest on 04.03.12 15:51

Joana has added more to the blog about Goncalo Amaral returning to PDL. He again brings up the missing sports bag. What happened to it..........

GA: In that place the body would always decay. The issue with the bag is the following, Gerald McCann said at one point in time that he did not have any sports bag. Mark Harrison, an English expert, who did the planning of the searches that were carried out with the CSI dogs, of the cadaver odour and blood, at the ends of July, early August, puts forward that serious hypothesis - that the body was taken inside a sports bag3, he speaks of a golf bag, of a sports bag – and indeed a sports bag existed. There are photographs taken inside the apartment [rented by the McCanns/5A] immediately after the disappearance, an hour later, and the sports bag is there, inside the closet and is of a darkish blue colour. Thus, those photographs exist, contrary to what anyone can say that they did not own a sports bag – the sports bag was there. A sports bag, even though there wasn't any brand like “Adidas” in the bag, but it was a bag of that kind. So, what happened to that bag, what took place next, other situations ensued relatively to another bag, something that it’s not worth mentioning now here, there are people who also talk about a bag... That cliff area is an important zone, several people talked about it, there were many important events that took place there, events that people saw and suspected, in the golf course area, in the path to the geodesic mark, all in that area. Therefore, it is an area where it is worthwhile to make a search again. But to be searched in the scope of an investigation that is reopened.




http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/maddie-case-goncalo-amaral-returns-to.html?utm_source=BP_recent


And here Martin Brunt talks about the missing bag.............

[youtube][/youtube]
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Merrymo on 04.03.12 17:29

candyfloss wrote:Joana has added more to the blog about Goncalo Amaral returning to PDL. He again brings up the missing sports bag. What happened to it..........

GA: In that place the body would always decay. The issue with the bag is the following, Gerald McCann said at one point in time that he did not have any sports bag. Mark Harrison, an English expert, who did the planning of the searches that were carried out with the CSI dogs, of the cadaver odour and blood, at the ends of July, early August, puts forward that serious hypothesis - that the body was taken inside a sports bag3, he speaks of a golf bag, of a sports bag – and indeed a sports bag existed. There are photographs taken inside the apartment [rented by the McCanns/5A] immediately after the disappearance, an hour later, and the sports bag is there, inside the closet and is of a darkish blue colour. Thus, those photographs exist, contrary to what anyone can say that they did not own a sports bag – the sports bag was there. A sports bag, even though there wasn't any brand like “Adidas” in the bag, but it was a bag of that kind. So, what happened to that bag, what took place next, other situations ensued relatively to another bag, something that it’s not worth mentioning now here, there are people who also talk about a bag... That cliff area is an important zone, several people talked about it, there were many important events that took place there, events that people saw and suspected, in the golf course area, in the path to the geodesic mark, all in that area. Therefore, it is an area where it is worthwhile to make a search again. But to be searched in the scope of an investigation that is reopened.




http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/maddie-case-goncalo-amaral-returns-to.html?utm_source=BP_recent


And here Martin Brunt talks about the missing bag.............

[youtube][/youtube]





I don't think it's possible to identify whether the bag shown is a sports bag or an ordinary case. If I had to guess I'd say it looked more like a case. Whatever it is - it must have been photographed by the police- and so surely must be in police 'custody' - as one presumes the photographs were taken after the 'crime scene' was cordoned off.

If the clip of a headless person carrying a sports bag is supposed to prove something - then I for one have failed to understand what that is.

To carry the weight of a dead 4yr old child in a bag - with no car- would be no mean feat and could not have been maintained over much of a distance imo - also one would think that the cadaver scent would have been all over the person who carried it. I cannot imagine Kate McCann carrying such a heavy weight by hand any further than a few yards - a sports bag does not have wheels on it. - and as they had no knowledge of the area - where would she know where to take it? She would surely have looked rather conspicuous struggling to carry a bag weighing around 40lb by hand - and yet no-one saw her - or anyone else for that matter.

If the McCanns as doctors had moved their child's body in a bag - then I'm sure they would not have been silly enough to take it back to the apartment - with their knowledge of DNA and forensic testing etc.

Merrymo

Posts : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by aiyoyo on 05.03.12 11:23

I wonder whether CM knows about the existence of this photo when he denied Gerry has such a bag or lost such a bag.
He said that Gerry came back with all his belongings and nothing was lost.

The dark blue bag, does not matter it us a sports or travel bag, looks big enough to contain a small child (and Maddie is small) weighing probably around 20 odd lbs and any man can lift that without too much trouble, as if a normal travel bag weight.

It would be interesting if the Police had got hold of that bag yet Gerry didn't report is as missing.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by HiDeHo on 05.03.12 12:45

I have quite a long thread with details about the Blue Bag on Madeleine Aimoo forum:

The Blue Bag

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Individual-Topics/The-Blue-Bag-1-789722.html
avatar
HiDeHo
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 2617
Reputation : 746
Join date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by david_uk on 05.03.12 13:06

Going by the picture that bag could easily be the type of Hold-all used for Holidays which has a little set of wheels at one end, with a rigid bottom so it can also be pulled along. I see these all the time on Airport baggage pick ups!.

____________________
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
Walter Scott, Marmion
avatar
david_uk

Posts : 320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Merrymo on 05.03.12 17:11

[quote="aiyoyo"]I wonder whether CM knows about the existence of this photo when he denied Gerry has such a bag or lost such a bag.
He said that Gerry came back with all his belongings and nothing was lost.

The dark blue bag, does not matter it us a sports or travel bag, looks big enough to contain a small child (and Maddie is small) weighing probably around 20 odd lbs and any man can lift that without too much trouble, as if a normal travel bag weight.

The average weight of a 4 yr old girl is 35lb. The average weight of a 3yr old girl is 31lb. I presume Maddie would be somewhere inbetween those weights. Add to that the weight of the bag.

You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Why would the body be removed from the bag? It's not as if any shovels were being carried (as well as the bag), to bury it. It also makes no sense to take a bag almost certainly reeking with evidence back to the 'scene of the crime'.

It would be interesting if the Police had got hold of that bag yet Gerry didn't report is as missing.

If GM had wanted to get rid of it, then surely he would have disposed of it with the body inside - in whatever place it was that the biggest hunt in the history of Portugal failed to find - but which apparently was so close to the apartment - that not a single member of the public had time to spot him carrying it there, remove the body, and then carry it back.

Merrymo

Posts : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by tigger on 05.03.12 17:53

Please read the interview : on this site - GA in PdL
quote Amaral: .... and I recall that the little girl’s weight would be about 30 kilos – unquote.
Which is about 4 stone 7 pounds.
The weight for a child that age in the 95 percentile range is 31.9 kilograms. (child growth calculator, courtesy of google).



____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Gillyspot on 05.03.12 21:35

Merrymo wrote:
You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Interesting you say that as Jane Tanner (who's sighting is crucial to the McCanns' abduction thesis) said the child was carried across the "abductors" arms as you know - How far could ANYONE carry a child like that as it would surely be the hardest way to carry that dead weight?

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Good point

Post by Guest on 05.03.12 21:41

david_uk wrote:Going by the picture that bag could easily be the type of Hold-all used for Holidays which has a little set of wheels at one end, with a rigid bottom so it can also be pulled along. I see these all the time on Airport baggage pick ups!.

You're quite right!

But this leaves us with the question where the hold-all and/or the decaying corpse of Maddie went, and when it did so.

Any thoughts on that?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Guest on 05.03.12 21:54

tigger wrote:Please read the interview : on this site - GA in PdL
quote Amaral: .... and I recall that the little girl’s weight would be about 30 kilos – unquote.
Which is about 4 stone 7 pounds.
The weight for a child that age in the 95 percentile range is 31.9 kilograms. (child growth calculator, courtesy of google).



She was defently not 30 kilograms or more. Not possible if any of this pictures are showing a real Madeleine ..my boy is 28 kilograms and 5 years and bigger than the others at same age he is also around 125 cm in height , Madeleine was supposed to be 90 cm..
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Starving child

Post by Guest on 05.03.12 22:14

Moa wrote:
tigger wrote:Please read the interview : on this site - GA in PdL
quote Amaral: .... and I recall that the little girl’s weight would be about 30 kilos – unquote.
Which is about 4 stone 7 pounds.
The weight for a child that age in the 95 percentile range is 31.9 kilograms. (child growth calculator, courtesy of google).



She was defently not 30 kilograms or more. Not possible if any of this pictures are showing a real Madeleine ..my boy is 28 kilograms and 5 years and bigger than the others at same age he is also around 125 cm in height , Madeleine was supposed to be 90 cm..

Look at those bags under her eyes, her threadbare arms, her limping hands, her bruises; No one, I repeat no one on this forum has ever seen a child looking so awful, grinning so horrible towards the photographer, trying to please please please whomever reclining and still grinning.

DELETED
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Guest on 05.03.12 22:24

I think your comments are the teensiest bit over the top, Portia!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Merrymo on 05.03.12 23:13

Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Interesting you say that as Jane Tanner (who's sighting is crucial to the McCanns' abduction thesis) said the child was carried across the "abductors" arms as you know - How far could ANYONE carry a child like that as it would surely be the hardest way to carry that dead weight?

---------------------------

Surely carrying a weight spread across 2 arms would be easier than carrying the same weight in a bag held in one hand?

Merrymo

Posts : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by listener on 05.03.12 23:59

Until 2004, in my 40's, I travelled/journied very regularly and far with a large, heavy holdall (30k+). Don't remember it being too much of a difficulty! (Guess that's because of all the tennis I played in Burgau).
avatar
listener

Posts : 568
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Merrymo on 06.03.12 0:09

[quote="Portia"]
Moa wrote:
tigger wrote:Please read the interview : on this site - GA in PdL
quote Amaral: .... and I recall that the little girl’s weight would be about 30 kilos – unquote.
Which is about 4 stone 7 pounds.
The weight for a child that age in the 95 percentile range is 31.9 kilograms. (child growth calculator, courtesy of google).



She was defently not 30 kilograms or more. Not possible if any of this pictures are showing a real Madeleine ..my boy is 28 kilograms and 5 years and bigger than the others at same age he is also around 125 cm in height , Madeleine was supposed to be 90 cm..

Look at those bags under her eyes, her threadbare arms, her limping hands, her bruises; No one, I repeat no one on this forum has ever seen a child looking so awful, grinning so horrible towards the photographer, trying to please please please whomever reclining and still grinning.

DELETED[quote]



That observation almost beats another one I heard a while back. i.e. That the photograph of Maddie eating vanilla icecream proved 'neglect' because her parents knew that chocolate was her favourites flavour. And yes, the poster was being serious.

Merrymo

Posts : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Gillyspot on 06.03.12 6:34

Merrymo wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Interesting you say that as Jane Tanner (who's sighting is crucial to the McCanns' abduction thesis) said the child was carried across the "abductors" arms as you know - How far could ANYONE carry a child like that as it would surely be the hardest way to carry that dead weight?

---------------------------

Surely carrying a weight spread across 2 arms would be easier than carrying the same weight in a bag held in one hand?

You give it a try & see how far you can carry a dead weight of 40+ kgs. Gravity is at work and will pull your arms down as you try to hold them horizontal. Just give it a go and report back. I used to have horses & I can tell you I could carry a bale of hay over my shoulder but no way could I go far with it over my arms as JT "abductor" was allegedly carrying a child.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by tigger on 06.03.12 6:45

Moa wrote:
tigger wrote:Please read the interview : on this site - GA in PdL
quote Amaral: .... and I recall that the little girl’s weight would be about 30 kilos – unquote.
Which is about 4 stone 7 pounds.
The weight for a child that age in the 95 percentile range is 31.9 kilograms. (child growth calculator, courtesy of google).



She was defently not 30 kilograms or more. Not possible if any of this pictures are showing a real Madeleine ..my boy is 28 kilograms and 5 years and bigger than the others at same age he is also around 125 cm in height , Madeleine was supposed to be 90 cm..

In quite a few photographs - the kitchen/birthday, the tennis balls etc. she is at least 114 cm tall but looks skinny. 90 cm for that age would be pretty well off the scale. 114 is about right.

For a fit man (we can forget the JT non existent man) in a golf bag or a large tennis bag carried over the shoulder and supported by the other arm, it's perfectly possible.

The description given by the McCanns is for a typically 2.5 year old which supports the theory that there was a sub who was younger and smaller. Otherwise they could have prettied up a more recent photograph of Maddie.
Isn't it weird that - if the family and T 9 were not complicit - that nobody said anything about how she really looked? So it follows that they were.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by PeterMac on 06.03.12 7:37

20kg is the limit for one piece of baggage on a 'plane. I know may cases have wheels, but lots of people carry a case of that weight with no problems for very long distances.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 171
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Merrymo on 06.03.12 11:33

Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Interesting you say that as Jane Tanner (who's sighting is crucial to the McCanns' abduction thesis) said the child was carried across the "abductors" arms as you know - How far could ANYONE carry a child like that as it would surely be the hardest way to carry that dead weight?

---------------------------

Surely carrying a weight spread across 2 arms would be easier than carrying the same weight in a bag held in one hand?

You give it a try & see how far you can carry a dead weight of 40+ kgs. Gravity is at work and will pull your arms down as you try to hold them horizontal. Just give it a go and report back. I used to have horses & I can tell you I could carry a bale of hay over my shoulder but no way could I go far with it over my arms as JT "abductor" was allegedly carrying a child.



LOL I'll take you word for it. Who can carry what weight depends on so many different things - to come to a definite conclusion IMO.

However, we don't know how far the 'abductor' carried Maddie before putting her down. The timing of the Smith sighting would seem to show that the journey was not an unbroken one from the apartment to where they saw that person. What a pity the CCTV footage along that route wasn't checked until it was too late to be of any use. One would have thought THAT would have been THE top most urgent priority from the moment the police were told of what JT had seen.

Merrymo

Posts : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Miraflores on 06.03.12 12:51

One would have thought THAT would have been THE top most urgent
priority from the moment the police were told of what JT had seen.

It does depend on what time she got round to telling the police. She was in no hurry to tell Kate and Gerry, so probably didn't think to tell the police either.
avatar
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by aiyoyo on 06.03.12 12:55

[quote="Merrymo"]
aiyoyo wrote:I wonder whether CM knows about the existence of this photo when he denied Gerry has such a bag or lost such a bag.
He said that Gerry came back with all his belongings and nothing was lost.

The dark blue bag, does not matter it us a sports or travel bag, looks big enough to contain a small child (and Maddie is small) weighing probably around 20 odd lbs and any man can lift that without too much trouble, as if a normal travel bag weight.

The average weight of a 4 yr old girl is 35lb. The average weight of a 3yr old girl is 31lb. I presume Maddie would be somewhere inbetween those weights. Add to that the weight of the bag.

My daughter was only 20 odd lbs when she was three-year-old and 40 lbs thereabout when she was eight-year and she's a healthy girl albeit skinny. I was only 31 kg when I was 15-year old and healthy.
Some skinny people are light weight and while others though skinny are amazingly heavy in weight, so I believe that too applies to children. To me, Maddie was small for her age, and seemed light weight, especially if you view the infamous "last photo" of her at the pool side, she looked more like two year old. At most I would imagine her to be around 30lbs, so 20 odds on high 20s isn't that far off.

Airlines as a rule allows 20kg baggage allowance but some people push that limit to 25 kg and I've seen most fit men don't have problem lifting and walking with it. And Gerry looks fit enough to lift that kind of weight.


You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Here we're not talking about the lifting or carrying of a live child for any distance.
If it's down to a question of having no choice but to lift the 'body' and cart it away for disposal, then lifting a three-year old Maddie whatever be her weight will have to be done by hook or by crook no matter the method using bag or without using bag. If as you pointed out, average weight of a 3-year old is 31 lb then that's less than 20 kg, not that impossible for fit Gerry.

All depends when people believe her dead took place. I imagine that if people believe Smith sighting then she wasn't bagged up. But if one believes she died earlier then if Gerry had disposed her using daylight then I would imagine she would be bagged up for obvious reason that he cant be seen walking about with a body in broad daylight. Anyhow if he was with a tennis bag in broad daylight, so long as he acted normal, he would not arouse suspicions because that is normal sight in a resort with tennis facility.

Anyhow I believe the missing blue bag was mentioned by Amaral for a reason and the Police probably held back evidence about the "missing" blue bag as they did about the "missing" pink blanket.




Why would the body be removed from the bag? It's not as if any shovels were being carried (as well as the bag), to bury it. It also makes no sense to take a bag almost certainly reeking with evidence back to the 'scene of the crime'.

Who said anything about body removed from bag?
And, who mentioned anything about Gerry having taken the "bag" of evidence back to the crime scene?
No one knows what he did with the bag, but since the Police mentioned it was missing (bag I mean), they must know something about the use of it don't you think?


It would be interesting if the Police had got hold of that bag yet Gerry didn't report is as missing.

If GM had wanted to get rid of it, then surely he would have disposed of it with the body inside - in whatever place it was that the biggest hunt in the history of Portugal failed to find - but which apparently was so close to the apartment - that not a single member of the public had time to spot him carrying it there, remove the body, and then carry it back.

Well, the mystery of the missing blue bag is as curious as the mystery of missing Madeleine; hopefully we will get answers to those in due time.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Me on 06.03.12 12:56

Merrymo wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:
Merrymo wrote:
You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

Interesting you say that as Jane Tanner (who's sighting is crucial to the McCanns' abduction thesis) said the child was carried across the "abductors" arms as you know - How far could ANYONE carry a child like that as it would surely be the hardest way to carry that dead weight?

---------------------------

Surely carrying a weight spread across 2 arms would be easier than carrying the same weight in a bag held in one hand?

You give it a try & see how far you can carry a dead weight of 40+ kgs. Gravity is at work and will pull your arms down as you try to hold them horizontal. Just give it a go and report back. I used to have horses & I can tell you I could carry a bale of hay over my shoulder but no way could I go far with it over my arms as JT "abductor" was allegedly carrying a child.



LOL I'll take you word for it. Who can carry what weight depends on so many different things - to come to a definite conclusion IMO.

However, we don't know how far the 'abductor' carried Maddie before putting her down. The timing of the Smith sighting would seem to show that the journey was not an unbroken one from the apartment to where they saw that person. What a pity the CCTV footage along that route wasn't checked until it was too late to be of any use. One would have thought THAT would have been THE top most urgent priority from the moment the police were told of what JT had seen.

Well it might have been had it been credible. But pretty much from the outset the conclusion was the sighting lacked credibility.

You're not another lunatic who subscribes to the idea that an abductor takes a child and then "hides" somewhere with a stolen child for 20 minutes for no other reason than to bump into the Smiths and add credibility to an "abduction" scenario, are you?

Damn that blasted Mr Smith for then identifying Gerry with upto 80% certainty for throwing a spanner in the works!

____________________
What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

Posts : 683
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by Me on 06.03.12 13:13

Merrymo wrote:The average weight of a 4 yr old girl is 35lb. The average weight of a 3yr old girl is 31lb. I presume Maddie would be somewhere inbetween those weights. Add to that the weight of the bag.

You don't see many children of that age being carried around by their parents, unless it's on their shoulders. That's because they are too heavy. .. To carry a weight of around 32lbs - and in ONE hand only - for any distance - does not seem a simple task to me. One would have to put it down regularly - thus leaving a trail of death scent surely?

It's not becuase they're too heavy, it's because you can't get as good a "lifting grip" holding a child as you can carrying a bag using handles.

Merrymo wrote:Why would the body be removed from the bag? It's not as if any shovels were being carried (as well as the bag), to bury it. It also makes no sense to take a bag almost certainly reeking with evidence back to the 'scene of the crime'.

It would be interesting if the Police had got hold of that bag yet Gerry didn't report is as missing.

If GM had wanted to get rid of it, then surely he would have disposed of it with the body inside - in whatever place it was that the biggest hunt in the history of Portugal failed to find - but which apparently was so close to the apartment - that not a single member of the public had time to spot him carrying it there, remove the body, and then carry it back.

Presumably for fear that the bag, if found, could then be tied back to the McCann's. No one was looking for the girl in a bag in her parents apartment. Yet looking at what we know that bag was placed in those first crime scene shots in the exact same place the dogs alerted to.

Then there is no mention of this bag again by Gerry. Funny that. See the coincdence and can you speculate, given what we know, why Gerry may have chosen not to report it missing?

Surely it doesn't help him to report it missing if it was used to transport his daughter does it?

Now if he chose to report it missing as in the "abductor" took it well that then buggers up Janey's sighting, doesn't it?

____________________
What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

Posts : 683
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by russiandoll on 06.03.12 16:53

from merrymo's post:

Surely carrying a weight spread across 2 arms would be easier than carrying the same weight in a bag held in one hand?

How do you know the type of bag it was, from the photo and how do you know that it was limited to transport by carrying and not being pulled behind a person trolley-style?
I use my large vinyl holdall for shopping and travel, it looks like a standard large bag with soft vinyl handles for carrying, but for heavy loads it has an extendable hard handle which lies flush with one end of the bag when not in use. The bag comfortably takes 30 k weight and I dont have any problems pulling this weight behind me.

btw the best and most comfortable [ for both ] way to carry a 30k child is not across the arms, but upright , child's arms around neck, or dangling at sides if asleep maybe....support under the bottom and head resting on your shoulder.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Goncalo Amaral talks about The missing sports bag

Post by russiandoll on 06.03.12 16:57

again please Merrymo,

What a pity the CCTV footage along that route wasn't checked until it was too late to be of any use.

late or not, it was checked acccroding to the above........did it show anything/anyone of interest?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum