The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 19 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 19 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 19 Regist10

Game over?

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game over?   - Page 19 Empty Re: Game over?

Post by PeterMac 29.03.14 10:13

To pick up on TB's analysis

How would you feel it you were the parent of a child who had been abducted

The first detective agency announced they were going to have her back by Christmas - and then did nothing
The second detective agency - did nothing
The third (or fourth) agency announced they knew she was being held within 10 miles of the village - and then did nothing

A large team from Scotland Yard spent three years on the case - but did nothing
They then anounced they had suspects - and then did nothing
The Commissioner  announced that he had names of suspects - and then did nothing

And so on.

What is the correct response in these circumstances ?

Answer : Go for a run. ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 11:29

pin off from it is part income and part propaganda.
I don't think there will be any kudos for David Cameron if this case ends in a damp squib Angelique.  The Review and in the Investigation were launched with massive fanfare and on several occasions the funding for it has been increased, which suggests the investigation is stepping up, not cutting back.

There will be a public outcry if the case ends as it did for the PJ 5+ years, that is being shelved due to lack of evidence, and David Cameron's poor judgement and waste of public money will be used against him when the electioneering begins.  They cannot just find a 'patsy' because that would entail coming up with a real human being alive or dead, and eye witness or forensic evidence that would prove conclusively he was responsible for Madeleine's abduction.  As she was not abducted and DCI Redwood has now revealed they are following the theory that she died in the apartment, there can be no situation that absolves the parents.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.03.14 11:33

Cristobell wrote:
Angelique wrote:Sharonl

Yes I too think this too.

I would go so far as to say that the Review and Investigation is nothing more than a show. It keeps the troops occupied (SY) and their Pensions topped up. SY were facing job cuts at the time. It does wonders for their public persona. It gave/gives kudos to Cameron for being caring and compassionate towards families in difficulties (the letter was already typed). Rebekah was/is his friend/part of the set. It is used as a "mirage" to forums and the like to try and convince us all that justice still continues to be done in UK when we have no jurisdiction anyway.

The bigger picture that I see from all this is "it doesn't really matter anymore". The only point to all this for them is making money. The taxpayer is funding this (it is out of our pockets/earned income) and the spin off from it is part income and part propaganda.
I don't think there will be any kudos for David Cameron if this case ends in a damp squib Angelique.  The Review and in the Investigation were launched with massive fanfare and on several occasions the funding for it has been increased, which suggests the investigation is stepping up, not cutting back.

There will be a public outcry if the case ends as it did for the PJ 5+ years, that is being shelved due to lack of evidence, and David Cameron's poor judgement and waste of public money will be used against him when the electioneering begins.  They cannot just find a 'patsy' because that would entail coming up with a real human being alive or dead, and eye witness or forensic evidence that would prove conclusively he was responsible for Madeleine's abduction.  As she was not abducted and DCI Redwood has now revealed they are following the theory that she died in the apartment, there can be no situation that absolves the parents.
What public outcry would that be Cristobell?

Would the great people of UK take to the streets to protest? would the great people of UK be bothered if the case of Madeleine was no longer plastered on the front pages of their newspapers? Would the great people of UK be arsed to do anything about it if it disappeared?

Cameron's electioneering doesn't depend on the Madeleine case. That is an easy thing to spin imo.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 11:52

aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

I would go so far as to say that the Review and Investigation is nothing more than a show. It keeps the troops occupied (SY) and their Pensions topped up. SY were facing job cuts at the time. It does wonders for their public persona. It gave/gives kudos to Cameron for being caring and compassionate towards families in difficulties (the letter was already typed). Rebekah was/is his friend/part of the set. It is used as a "mirage" to forums and the like to try and convince us all that justice still continues to be done in UK when we have no jurisdiction anyway.

The bigger picture that I see from all this is "it doesn't really matter anymore". The only point to all this for them is making money. The taxpayer is funding this (it is out of our pockets/earned income) and the spin off from it is part income and part propaganda.

Would the great people of UK take to the streets to protest? would the great people of UK be bothered if the case of Madeleine was no longer plastered on the front pages of their newspapers? Would the great people of UK be arsed to do anything about it if it disappeared?

Cameron's electioneering doesn't depend on the Madeleine case. That is an easy thing to spin imo.
It won't do Cameron any favours whatsoever if he goes into an election with a whiff of corruption around Number 10 - history has shown, scandal can topple a government.  By summer next year the PJ will almost certainly have reached the end of their investigation and if its their belief the McCanns are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, and the UK government say they are not, then we can expect a diplomatic incident. 

And yes, I believe there will be an outcry.  A PM can't just spend £7m+ of taxpayers money on the vanity of two nondescript doctors.  There has to be accountability.  We know that the PJ will eventually release their files, SY can't just say we are keeping our files hidden, but take our word for it the McCanns are kosher.  Meanwhile, Vote for Cameron, a man who spends your money, but won't tell you what he spends it on.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.03.14 12:07

Agree with aquila here,there won't be a public outcry,it will just be on forums etc,others might show a little concern by ranting on newspapers comments sections but that's as far as I think it'll go.

It still surprises me to see so many people on fb articles saying that the parents should have been arrested for negligence and they are guilty of that and that's how the abduction occurred.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 12:10

Bellisa wrote:Agree with aquila here,there won't be a public outcry,it will just be on forums etc,others might show a little concern by ranting on newspapers comments sections but that's as far as I think it'll go.

It still surprises me to see so many people on fb articles saying that the parents should have been arrested for negligence and they are guilty of that and that's how the abduction occurred.
LOL, you and Aquila may well be right, but if it comes to that, I for one, will get my marching boots out.

I think people sometimes focus on the negligence aspect because the rest is too horrible to think about Bellisa.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 29.03.14 12:15

Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

It won't do Cameron any favours whatsoever if he goes into an election with a whiff of corruption around Number 10 - history has shown, scandal can topple a government.  By summer next year the PJ will almost certainly have reached the end of their investigation and if its their belief the McCanns are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, and the UK government say they are not, then we can expect a diplomatic incident. 

And yes, I believe there will be an outcry.  A PM can't just spend £7m+ of taxpayers money on the vanity of two nondescript doctors.  There has to be accountability.  We know that the PJ will eventually release their files, SY can't just say we are keeping our files hidden, but take our word for it the McCanns are kosher.  Meanwhile, Vote for Cameron, a man who spends your money, but won't tell you what he spends it on.

As the 2015 General Election will be over by the summer of next year, Cristobell, may we assume your opinion has been formulated from an academic perspective? 

If so, given your prediction that "by summer of next year the PJ will almost certainly have reached the end of their investigation" perhaps you can explain why there would be any whiff of corruption related to this case 'around Number 10" prior to the general election, and what form the "diplomatic incident" you envisage will take if Operation Grange's conclusions are in not in accordance with those of the PJ?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.03.14 12:17

Fair play to you cristobell.

I think people focus on.negligence because they are uninformed. They genuinely believe the children were left alone,and in most cases that abduction then occurred.

I believe no negligence=no abduction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 29.03.14 12:20

Cristobell wrote:

An outcry? I hardly think so, the number who comment in on-line newspapers, twitter, forums etc. is small, most folk don't give a damn after all this time and would accept the no McCann blame without batting an eyelid. As for releasing files the shelved case have been released and I see no 'outcry' cause hardly anybody knows about them and the media have failed to print. To me its clear that SY's remit was to ensure a closedown by nullifying the PJ findings etc.
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 12:25

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

An outcry? I hardly think so, the number who comment in on-line newspapers,  twitter, forums etc. is small, most folk don't give a damn after all this time and would accept  the no McCann blame without batting an eyelid. As for releasing files the shelved case have been released and I see no 'outcry' cause hardly anybody knows about them and the media have failed to print. To me its clear that SY's remit was to ensure a closedown by nullifying the PJ findings etc.
I'm struggling to find a bit of enthusiasm this bright and sunny morn HP, and your post hasn't helped one bit  big grin 

You are right of course, lethargy rules the UK, and there is a good chance we will wake up one day to see the gruesome pair being knighted for services to charity and non profit organisations Funds.  I think I need another coffee  sad
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 12:37

ultimaThule wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

As the 2015 General Election will be over by the summer of next year, Cristobell, may we assume your opinion has been formulated from an academic perspective?

I don't think I kept a note of my thought processes on this one UT, so do please feel free to speculate.   

If so, given your prediction that "by summer of next year the PJ will almost certainly have reached the end of their investigation" perhaps you can explain why there would be any whiff of corruption related to this case 'around Number 10" prior to the general election, and what form the "diplomatic incident" you envisage will take if Operation Grange's conclusions are in not in accordance with those of the PJ?

There have been no recent opinion polls to my knowledge, but it would be fair, I think to say, that the majority of the public no longer believe or care about the McCanns.  If they are cleared by Scotland Yard in the face of all the existing evidence, then the conspiracy stories will never go away, indeed they will probably peak when the news breaks.  David Cameron is man signing the cheques.  

If the Portuguese police find the McCanns are guilty and the UK police find them innocent, there will be a diplomatic incident.  What form that incident takes, remains to be seen, but when there is conflict, it must be resolved.  Who knows, this may all end in a European Court, if the two countries remain diametrically opposed.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 29.03.14 12:55

Sadly, here in the UK, the public believe almost everything that is written in the papers. And right now, they media are telling the public to disregard everything the PJ has done, indeed is doing. They are bunglers who are now getting in the way of the valiant SY.  The media has also been resolute in exonerating the T9 of any and all wrongdoing. They are in every sense untouchable. 

So, if the PJ call it quits then I am afraid the media will be triumphant "told you they were useless" and the British public will enjoy feeling superior. So it will be a lonely, if righteous, march for you and your boots I'm afraid.  

Better make that a double espresso to cheer you up!   

But, for as long as the PJ remain in the game, there is still hope.  And you are a beacon of it!
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 29.03.14 13:08

And if we are looking for crumbs of comfort amongst all this, then I would offer:

1. No more tannerman
2. No 9:15 abduction 
3. AR reluctantly admitting that death in the apartment is a possible
4. AR saying that abduction is not necessarily "in line with our thinking"
5. AR still on the lookout for Smithman 
6. Amaral looking healthy and confident 
7. libel trial now looking like it can only end one way
8. PJ telling Sy to button it and get on with work 
9. Portuguese documentaries focussing on DP and gaspar

So still hope.   big grin
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 13:50

Bishop Brennan wrote:And if we are looking for crumbs of comfort amongst all this, then I would offer:

1. No more tannerman
2. No 9:15 abduction 
3. AR reluctantly admitting that death in the apartment is a possible
4. AR saying that abduction is not necessarily "in line with our thinking"
5. AR still on the lookout for Smithman 
6. Amaral looking healthy and confident 
7. libel trial now looking like it can only end one way
8. PJ telling Sy to button it and get on with work 
9. Portuguese documentaries focussing on DP and gaspar

So still hope.   big grin
Cheers BB, I've had that coffee!

There are indeed many reasons to be cheerful.  I also feel that the McCanns are in a very difficult position financially now, the Lisbon trial will cost them dear, and as I have previously mentioned, vexatious litigants can become horribly unstuck.  Even if they get away with everything else, which I don't think possible, they will be wiped out by the costs of this trial, which must be phenomenal.  If their backers would not support them at the start of the proceedings, then they will not step in to pay the losses now.  From the scant details available in the Fund's reports, it would appear to be paying for this legal action.  I don't think it is stated as one of the Company's Objectives, but happy to be corrected on this.  I don't know if the Fund will be responsible for the costs, as it is not named on the Writ, so presumably these will fall on the McCanns and their children (including Madeleine?) personally.  Gerry may be a high earner, but even their house and his salary wouldn't touch the legal costs that have stacked up in this long running case.  It will also put them in a precarious position with all the lawyers they currently employ unless they are still working on a pro bono basis.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 29.03.14 14:27

In my opinion it is a complete whitewash.
The review was set up to crawl through all the evidence and smooth out anything that didnt fit with an abduction. Once they got that all sorted they started the so called investigation, solely to clear up the tapas 9 and whoever else is involved with their shenanigans.

Tannerman gone, that whole seanario was impossible to begin with so it had to be cleaned up..so they got rid of tannerman while at the same time throwing no doubt on Jane seeing a man with a child. She is in the clear according to them.

Now they are saying the child could have died in the apartment, because they know the evidence points to that, so they have to show how this happened, so they next will say a burglar/paedo killed her in there and felt they had to hide the body because of DNA left on the child. So that means it wasn't an abuction at all,which they are hinting at already, but they certainly will never point the finger at the tapas lot.  In my opinion.

Thye will say a paedo entered the apartment through sliding door, Madeleine was in the parents bed, say immediately after Gerry left she got into parents bed, paedo already in apartment hiding, he goes and kills the child, puts her on floor at wardrobe until the coast is clear, maybe 20 mins or so later proceeds to remove her but hears someone at the sliding door so drops himself and the child behind the couch, listens carefully, goes into kids room and opens window to look up and down to be sure all is clear, grabs the child and leaves through one of the doors, unseen.  This will keep in line with the statements and evidence found in apartment while at the same time keeping the tapas lot in the clear.  The odour found on kates clothes were transferred because she threw her clothes where the child lay in the bedroom next to the wardrobe after the fact ot perhaps the clothes were there already..
It is possible even that Gerry retracts that 9.15 check, saying he felt ashamed that he didn't go in and check so he lied, and he only listened at the door. 
Whatever way they do it, the tapas crew are in the clear IMO

People form higher up need to be protected for involvement either that night or previously in UK or other outings.

Notice how they try to brainwash the public from the beginning that paedophiles are dirty old men, spotty, greasy hair, fat, smelly, foreign, gypsies when in actual fact the flourishing paedo rings consist of teachers, doctors, policemen, lawyers, judges, gevernment bodies and the like.

All in my opinion of course.  Im still unsure if the Portugal team are in on it or not.

Maria

Activity : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 29.03.14 14:35

nglfi wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
nglfi wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
nglfi wrote:It really doesn't matter whether someone has been campaigning or just posting, aren't we all here for the truth?

It does matter if someone is lying surely ?  

Posting is NOT "campaigning" !

Saying you are here for the truth is different altogether.

Don't confuse  "campaigning" with "here for the truth" !
In all honesty, since absolutely anyone on this forum could be lying about anything, and I don't know anyone on this forum personally, for me it's pointless to try and work out who is and who isn't. I actually wanted to post something yesterday about Andy Redwood, some very positive news which I have had from my partner who is a policeman, but I decided not to because I am new on this forum and I didn't think people would believe me. Indeed, I didn't expect them to. I am a faceless entity here so I could lie about anything. I'm just here to discuss interesting theories and try to get the old brain cells working with regard to all the information I've read on the McCannfiles website!

nglfi,
Now that's called trying to personalise before posting when it should not be the basis for posting here.
Don't underestimate people here. Credit people here with their due intelligent that they're capable of discerning what is believable from what is not.
Every post is taken for its own merits.
Whether one is old member or new member won't make a difference, it is the merits of the post that counts, not age of the membership.
I know there are some very intelligent people on this forum who are capable of discerning plausibility, I just meant I'm not very confident posting. My partner has a friend/colleague who knows someone working on Operation Grange, (this is why I was a little unconfident posting, as I'm starting off with 'a friend of a friend of a friend.....') and this person told him that AR should not be underestimated in any way. Everything that comes out of his mouth is scripted and designed with a specific purpose in mind. There is also not quite the massive rift between SY and the PJ that the media would have us believe. I was greatly buoyed by this (LOL) because I had been leaning more and more towards the whitewash side, and that actually AR was a bit of a dope. The friend didn't explicitly say but this leads me to believe that SY are focusing on the McCanns. However it's just the difficulty with finding enough evidence to charge.

ETA when I say scripted, I mean with a view to getting certain parties to slip up and reveal information. About a week ago was certainly not the first time that AR had given credence to the idea that Maddie had died in the apartment. It was just the right time to make that particular statement.
I am similarly buoyed Nglfi!  He comes across as quite determined to discover what happened to Madeleine, and I well believe his words are scripted.  I don't know if other high profile cases have forums such as this one, but SY are well aware of the social media side of the McCann campaign and the way in which their statements are scrutinized by experts in forensic linguistics!  SY also know that the McCanns are accomplished manipulators of the media, and it may be that SY are using the media too.  

I don't think there is a massive rift between the two sources either, merely by the fact that DCI Redwood and some of his team hand delivered bundles of documents to the PJ, and of course the visit to Portugal of the high ranking officers from the CPS.  

Scotland Yard are not looking for a live child, as is obvious from their recent CW broadcasts, and death in the apartment theory is a theory they are now following.  They may well have been following it before (my guess is they were), but they have only now they have stated it publicly and it does not sit with his statement at the beginning of the Review, that the parents and their friends were not suspects.  Many thanks, much needed cheer!
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 29.03.14 14:41

Don’t want to spoil your afternoon cheerfulness Cristobell, but do we now await the next CM call to arms then?

‘Sardine munchers don’t know what they’re doing! Judge must be barmy, incapable of weighing up the evidence & probably drunk every afternoon to boot! Wronged McC’s not only got to come to terms with this fiasco, but also facing financial ruin!

Please dig deep and send whatever you can afford to help G & K pay for and right this terrible wrong. Etc etc’

It’ll keep the ‘Mirror’ going for a while longer anyhow and you never know, there might even be a bit of loose change left to 'continue the search!'
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 29.03.14 15:02

I personally think that operation Grange is near the end, maybe just a few months, six at best.

The seeds have been sown in the red tops.  SY will claim "We were closing in but the Sardine cops wouldn't play ball".  "We kept sending requests but they followed different lines to us".  Then the most recent David Cameron will intervene says just about it.

I can never be sure why it was ordered in the first place, but my own suspicion is to let certain people get their hands on anything the PJ hadn't released.  Maybe I am totally wrong but the timings of all the releases of 'persons of interest' seemed to happen every time the libel trial might have caught some headlines.

Lets see if it all starts to fade away now.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 29.03.14 15:15

Maria, are you AR in disguise?!   Or just an ace hacker that got into his laptop and stole his script?! A worryingly plausible whitewash scenario.  It doesn't stand up to detailed scrutiny of course, but in the media it wouldn't have to!
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.03.14 15:22

Bishop Brennan wrote:Maria, are you AR in disguise?!   Or just an ace hacker that got into his laptop and stole his script?! A worryingly plausible whitewash scenario.  It doesn't stand up to detailed scrutiny of course, but in the media it wouldn't have to!
Of course, it doesn't. It still doesn't explain the cadaver scent on Kate's pants of ganga and top, the children's t-shirt, cuddle cat, the car ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.03.14 15:53

@Maria - Perhaps someone ought to write to AR (special delivery of course).

Dear Detective Inspector Redwood,
I enclose a great scenario for your team to clear Mr. and Mrs. McCann.
YS
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 29.03.14 16:23

Châtelaine wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:Maria, are you AR in disguise?!   Or just an ace hacker that got into his laptop and stole his script?! A worryingly plausible whitewash scenario.  It doesn't stand up to detailed scrutiny of course, but in the media it wouldn't have to!
Of course, it doesn't. It still doesn't explain the cadaver scent on Kate's pants of ganga and top, the children's t-shirt, cuddle cat, the car ...

It certainly doesn't stand up to scrutiny but I doubt very much anything will at the end of this investigation.  The whole CW was a farce, even recorded to suit the tapas story, DP visit left out.  Theree is no way they can cover everything in the whitewash but they wont have to because the majority will swallow whatever is fed.

Redwood just has to say or hint that scent was transferred from apartment, bla bla bla and the majority will believe and thats all they care about.

I really want to be wrong though, but my gut tells me its a whitewash and whatever hold the tapas lot have over some people high up, has to be strong because no one would go to these lengths to cover this crime up for a couple of trollopy doctors.

Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria 29.03.14 16:26

Woofer wrote:@Maria - Perhaps someone ought to write to AR (special delivery of course).

YS

I'm predicting he has the whole scenario wrote up already and is slowly dripping it out to reach an end similar to what i wrote.

Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 29.03.14 16:41

If this is AR's cunning plan, then 2 things stand in its way.  The libel trial and the PJ investigation are the 2 things that SY cannot control.  As others have noted, they tried to drown the libel trial in a sea of headlines, and are currently using everything in their power (including DC) to find out what the PJ are up to.  

But somewhat inconveniently the trial got postponed while they shot off all their ammo, and the PJ are still keeping SY well beyond arms length, despite repeated media requests for "joint operations". 

And so SY have to continue.  If they throw in the towel, there is a real risk that Amaral then wins his case, and the PJ release something that backs him up. Leaving SY looking rather stupid...  

Keeps us all posting though, so it's not all bad.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 29.03.14 16:50

Maria wrote:
Woofer wrote:@Maria - Perhaps someone ought to write to AR (special delivery of course).

YS

I'm predicting he has the whole scenario wrote up already and is slowly dripping it out to reach an end similar to what i wrote.

Yes, I bet it is.  I was suggesting it as a sort of tongue in cheek letter so he knows we all know.  titter
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top