The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Mm11

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Mm11

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Regist10

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Empty McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry

Post by tasprin 01.05.14 12:47

BBC News

1 May 2014

Madeleine McCann parents "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry
McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  _74574461_de51-1
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have told the BBC of their frustrations over the inquiry into their daughter's disappearance.

Her mother, Kate McCann, said she finds the slowness of the Portuguese investigation "distressing".

Madeleine was three years old when she disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Algarve, seven years ago on Saturday.

Mrs McCann visits the area every year to feel closer to her daughter.

"That's obviously the last place we were with Madeleine," said Mrs McCann.

"I'll still walk those streets and I guess try to look for answers. It helps me, most of the time."

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  _74567996_e7059ae7-ccb1-40cb-b0db-e7e4560b98ac
Madeleine McCann wearing an Everton football shirt Madeleine went missing seven years ago this month

Mrs McCann said she was particularly frustrated that police in Portugal had so far ruled out a joint inquiry with their British counterparts.

"As a parent, I find the slowness of action in Portugal really hard to take. I find it quite distressing," she said.

"Even though we're seven years down the line, waiting weeks or months, particularly for letters of request to be processed basically... it is frustrating.

"I suppose I do struggle with the fact. Please work together."

Mrs McCann said she had not been given a reason why a joint team had not been set up.

'Parallel investigations'

"To us, it makes sense that the two police forces should work together, to have a more streamlined approach to avoid duplication and basically to progress the investigation at a faster pace, she said.

Her husband Gerry said: "What is very, very clear is that there are lots of lines of inquiry and a lot of further work needs to be done in Portugal.

"The Met can only do so much with the information that they have."

Mr McCann said it was a "big step forward" that the Portuguese investigation had been reopened but admitted the bureaucratic process was causing delays.

"The concern that we have, and I think also that the Metropolitan Police have, is that at the minute, there's almost parallel investigations going on, which doesn't make sense," said Mr McCann.

"We're not quite sure why there's resistance to the joint investigation team, because clearly resources in Portugal is an issue and this would be one mechanism by which they could have additional funding."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27239149
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Empty Re: McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry

Post by MRNOODLES 01.05.14 13:01

"Madeleine McCann wearing an Everton football shirt Madeleine went missing seven years ago this month"

Pardon have I missed something here?
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Empty Re: McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry

Post by Wahrheit 01.05.14 13:05

MRNOODLES wrote:"Madeleine McCann wearing an Everton football shirt Madeleine went missing seven years ago this month"

Presumably the caption to a photo accompanying the article.
Wahrheit

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 01.05.14 13:06

MRNOODLES wrote:"Madeleine McCann wearing an Everton football shirt Madeleine went missing seven years ago this month"

I've added the photo
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 01.05.14 13:08

Yes you have.

It should have been edited to read like this

[PICTURE (not available): Madeleine McCann wearing an Everton football shirt]

"Madeleine went missing seven years ago this month".

++++++++++++++++++

In copying-and-pasting, very often the photograph gets lost, but the caption remains.

Tasprin was no doubt doing her best, however, the caption (first part) and the text (second part) got put together in one line as part of the copying-and-pasting exercise.

Hopes that's clear

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 01.05.14 13:08

"The concern that we have, and I think also that the Metropolitan Police have, is that at the minute, there's almost parallel investigations going on, which doesn't make sense," said Mr McCann.

What's up Gerry, Scotland Yard not keeping you up to date?
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 01.05.14 13:13

But the Met tell us they have regular meetings with there Portuguese counterparts,to share information, oh well i guess their just not sharing it with Kate and Gerry  big grin
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 01.05.14 13:13

Hmmm....?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 01.05.14 13:19

This bit nails pretty precisely the level of non-co-operation between the two forces, and this despite 26 visits to Portugal, £8 million (and rising by over £6,000 a day), and a slew of leaks either by Operation Grange or 'a source close to the McCanns' claiming there was excellent co-operation - and utter nonsense like 'the tempo is moving forwards':

"Mrs McCann said she was particularly frustrated that police in Portugal had so far ruled out a joint inquiry with their British counterparts.

"As a parent, I find the slowness of action in Portugal really hard to take. I find it quite distressing," she said.

"Even though we're seven years down the line, waiting weeks or months, particularly for letters of request to be processed basically... it is frustrating.

+++++++++++++++++++++

It is surely now as plain as a pikestaff.

The two forces have NOT been working together.

For three years the Portugues have NOT agreed to a joint review/investigation.

The Portuguese authorities have NOT answered the rogatory letter enquiries from the British.

The McCanns and their expensive team of advisers have NOT been able to get their hands on the 'missing files' they want to get hold of and examine.

This entire flawed investigation by Scotland Yard is never going to get anywhere meaningful, and those directly or indirectly responsible for the complete disappearance of Madeleine McCann are unlikely to be caught and prosecuted.

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Gerry_24

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 01.05.14 13:23

Tony Bennett wrote:This bit nails pretty precisely the level of non-co-operation between the two forces, and this despite 26 visits to Portugal, £8 million (and rising by over £6,000 a day), and a slew of leaks either by Operation Grange or 'a source close to the McCanns' claiming there was excellent co-operation - and utter nonsense like 'the tempo is moving forwards':

"Mrs McCann said she was particularly frustrated that police in Portugal had so far ruled out a joint inquiry with their British counterparts.

+++++++++++++++++++++

It is surely now as plain as a pikestaff.

The two forces have NOT been working together.

For three years the Portugues have NOT agreed to a joint review/investigation.

The Portuguese authorities have NOT answered the rogatory letter enquiries from the British.

The McCanns and their expensive team of advisers have NOT been able to get their hands on the 'missing files' they want to get hold of and examine.

This entire flawed investigation by Scotland Yard is never going to get anywhere meaningful, and those directly or indirectly responsible for the complete disappearance of Madeleine McCann are unlikely to be caught and prosecuted.

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Gerry_24
To be fair Tony, this is coming from Kate McCann, it is Kate who is telling us there is no joint enquiry, and are both police forces keeping the parents updated on every aspect of their separate investigations?  In my opinion, I think it unlikely.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 01.05.14 13:24

I think there`s a psychiatric disorder for people who have had all the help in the world, far more than anyone else would have had, yet still moan, winge, complain that they`re hard done by.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

McCanns "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry  Empty Playing the game.

Post by diatribe 01.05.14 13:25

The real irony of this charade is that the British establishment, the Met. Police and the McCann's foundations would be rocked to the core were the Portuguese authorities to announce that a person or persons had been arrested and charged in connection with the kidnapping of Madeleine McCann.

Now that really would be a bombshell!! I wonder how the the McCanns, the British meeja and Inspector Deadwood would react to that, the silence would be ear shatteringly deafening and perhaps the most embarrassing event to engulf the British gov. since the 1940 Dunkirk evacuation, although even that momentous defeat was depicted as a partial victory.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.05.14 13:29

Quote from article, posted by Tony:

"
"As a parent, I find the slowness of action in Portugal really hard to take. I find it quite distressing," she said."

I find it quite distressing that her three children were left alone over several nights so they could wine and dine with their friends.

Stop whinging about slowness of action in Portugal because she could always have put a stamp on a letter and requsted the opening of the case several years ago.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 01.05.14 13:39

aiyoyo wrote:

Hmmm....?

Yes, that leapt out at me too.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.05.14 13:42

plebgate wrote:
"As a parent, I find the slowness of action in Portugal really hard to take. I find it quite distressing," she said."

The PJ reached their conclusions within 24 hours.   Not really that slow.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 01.05.14 13:45

gbwales wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Hmmm....?

Yes, that leapt out at me too.

Working on the hypothetical premise that Madeleine McCann died in PdL rather than being abducted, there are two possible locations for the body (or ashes):

1) Praia da Luz
2) Everywhere else

I would not personally go back to the place where my child died if the body was not there - it would be too distressing for me.

Do people who lose their loved ones in wars go to the battlefield where they died, or do they go to their grave, to feel closer to them?

Speculation, as always.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 01.05.14 14:04

But the point is the "visit every year" is a lie.

Kate McCann back in Portugal: I cry for my Madeleine every day
Sep 24, 2009 00:00 By Victoria Ward
Kate McCann fights back tears as she returns to Portugal yesterday.

And she told how she will never give up the search for her missing daughter Madeleine.

At an emotional press conference in Lisbon she admitted: “I cry for her every day.”

Kate, 41, was making her first trip back since she and husband Gerry were quizzed as suspects by Portuguese police. And she vowed to return to the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine vanished on a family holiday in May 2007.

She said: “It’s where I last saw her, where I last held her.
“I never really wanted to leave because I feel a little part of Madeleine is there for us. But I think the circumstances really made it impossible for us to stay.
“I have an urge to go back the whole time. I don’t have any plans of when or what I will do there but yes, I will return at some point to Praia da Luz.”

Kate, who has never given up hope of being reunited with her daughter, added: “She’s six now, but we’ve just got to keep going. It has been very harrowing and draining.

But there is no choice, she needs us to find her and bring her home.”

Not they wanted to do it because they need and want her back. But because they'd no choice because Maddie needs them to find her !!

Kate and Gerry were making a brief visit to Lisbon, where they had a series of meetings with lawyers. It was Kate’s first time back in the country since their arguido, or suspect, status was lifted.

But Kate admitted that her heart has never really left the Algarve resort.

She fought back tears as she added: “It is hard to describe how painful the past 29 months has been.

“Each day, each week we get through I’m thinking, ‘How’s Madeleine?’”

Kate said she and Gerry gained strength from their four-year-old twins Sean and Amelie. “They ask about Madeleine every day,” she said.

She admitted she was “a little scared” about making the trip to Portugal from her home in Rothley, Leics, but described it as “positive” and an important day for the whole family. She added: “We just want to find Madeleine and I believe this is a good place to be.”

Meanwhile, the McCanns are suing ex-cop Gon-calo Amaral for £1million over book claims that Madeleine is dead. Any cash will go back into the search.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-mccann-back-in-portugal-i-cry-420595#ixzz30T65ootf
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

29 months later (thereabout) before she went back and that was for hiring of lawyer to sue Amaral, nothing to do with search for Madeleine.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 01.05.14 14:31

Madeleine McCann parents "frustrated" by lack of joint inquiry
------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the 'title' of this thread should read:

The PJ are 'frustrated' by lack of co-operation of Madeleine McCann's parents and their 7 dwarves friends.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 01.05.14 14:32

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

Do people who lose their loved ones in wars go to the battlefield where they died, or do they go to their grave, to feel closer to them?

I would have thought this was a matter of personal choice, Whatlies, either way would be a sign of respect.

Getting back to my previous posting regarding the Portuguese authorities making an announcement of an arrest in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. What would there be to stop them in this game of Charades, after all, the Met. Police are inventing  fictitious characters and leaking false information on a daily basis, what's good for the goose----.

The immediate fallout with the Met. Police and the McCanns having to consider the possibility of  both they and their friends being subpeoned to give evidence for the prosecution would be cataclysmic. What announcements would the meeja make, how would the McCanns et cie lawyers deal with the prospect of them giving evidence, would Gerry decline to do so on the grounds that the PJ justice system was 'unreliable,'  or would as with the reconstruction and Polygraph test, so many conditions be imposed that it would not be practical.

There'd be an awful lot of gov. jobsworths screaming like stuck pigs, Mitchell's phone would have long since imploded and the entire Whitehall communications structure would be in meltdown. Similarly, although for obvious reasons the McCanns have never shown much emotional reaction to purported sightings of their daughter, I wonder what their reaction would be if the police informed them that the remains of their daughter had been recovered. Would for instance they state, 'We're cautiously optimistic,' or would Kate be whispering in Gerry's ear, 'You fcukwit, you assured me she'd never be found.' big grin
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 01.05.14 14:46

Unless someone knows different:

The McCanns can be re-arguidoed the moment one or both, or any of their 'friends', set foot on Portuguese soil.

As the PJ's investigation is 'live' that is what can happen.

And it dosen't matter how many of the 38, solely dedicated, full time, 'Maddie Cops' they 'surround' themselves with.

See ya in Lisbon, PDL, Gerry and Kate.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.05.14 14:48

This jumped out at me.
She said: “It’s where I last saw her, where I last held her.

Even in the book there is precious little 'holding'. (barring the first years where she was screaming with colic or some other undisclosed condition)
Even when they are having their last story Kate is on the with the twins and Madeleine is "snuggled down" in bed.
NOT being cuddled, or held.

And then we add "where I last held her" to the cadaverine traces on Kate's clothing, cuddle cat . . .
And she may be telling the truth, and giving too much information,as they usually do.

Gerry's job was, or 'could have been'  the more clinical one of disposal, blue tennis bag, take the afternoon off because of the ruptured Achilles tendon, (which was miraculously healed by Pope John Paul II - recently canonised ? ? )
borrow a car, or take a taxi a short distance . . .
of course that is pure fantasy.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 01.05.14 14:52

jeanmonroe wrote:

The McCanns can be re-arguidoed the moment one or both, or any of their 'friends', set foot on Portuguese soil.

If its the same as the UK, Jean, a person can be interviewed under caution as many times as the police wish to do so in respect to an enquiry, although once charged, they cannot be further interviewed on the same matter.
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 01.05.14 15:00

PeterMac wrote: the truth, and giving too much information,as they usually do.

Gerry's job was, or 'could have been' the more clinical one of disposal, blue tennis bag, take the afternoon off because of the ruptured Achilles tendon, (which was miraculously healed by Pope John Paul II - recently canonised ? ? )

I don't know what you think, Peter, but it may have been a joint enterprise, merely because of the fact that Kate was more familiar with the terrain due to her jogging expeditions.

I'm not too keen on the car or taxi theory, because of the amount of money that has been offered as reward for information. I tend to think that had Gerry borrowed a car or engaged the services of a cab, both parties would have been queuing up to claim their 30 pieces of silver.
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 01.05.14 15:07

Spoilt brats.

What's Portugal done now? SY have been since 2011 on it but they haven't complained about them!
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 01.05.14 15:11

diatribe wrote:
PeterMac wrote: the truth, and giving too much information,as they usually do.

Gerry's job was, or 'could have been' the more clinical one of disposal, blue tennis bag, take the afternoon off because of the ruptured Achilles tendon, (which was miraculously healed by Pope John Paul II - recently canonised ? ? )

I don't know what you think, Peter, but it may have been a joint enterprise, merely because of the fact that Kate was more familiar with the terrain due to her jogging expeditions.

I'm not too keen on the car or taxi theory, because of the amount of money that has been offered as reward for information. I tend to think that had Gerry borrowed a car or engaged the services of a cab, both parties would have been queuing up to claim their 30 pieces of silver.

They said they did not take a buggy or pushchair to Portugal, but CW clearly showed the parents arriving with one at the OC, the twins being pushed while Maddie ran ahead in excitement.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top