The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Mm11

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Mm11

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Regist10

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Empty Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously

Post by bristow 08.06.13 1:40

I'm a tad confused by this, I didn't realise that Justine McGuiness was still a press spokeswoman for the McCanns, thought it was just Clarrie?
(This is definitely not an old article, its June 2013.)

Quite a few odd comments from her in this article ie -

"She said she was grateful the disappearance of Madeleine happened before the days of Twitter because the micro-blogging site has speeded up the flow of information." (?!?!)

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/06/04/44271/madeleine+press+spokeswoman+urges+industry+to+take+paedophile+threat+more+seriously.html

bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Empty Re: Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously

Post by sheila.edwards 08.06.13 1:57

thank you for posting. yes very odd and strange things to be saying ! maybe they have 2 spokespeopleMadeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously 3139096799 cant understand why they need even on now myself esp. if daft statements still
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Empty Re: Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously

Post by tigger 08.06.13 6:13

bristow wrote:I'm a tad confused by this, I didn't realise that Justine McGuiness was still a press spokeswoman for the McCanns, thought it was just Clarrie?
(This is definitely not an old article, its June 2013.)

Quite a few odd comments from her in this article ie -

"She said she was grateful the disappearance of Madeleine happened before the days of Twitter because the micro-blogging site has speeded up the flow of information." (?!?!)

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/06/04/44271/madeleine+press+spokeswoman+urges+industry+to+take+paedophile+threat+more+seriously.html

We shall have to ask Ms. Guinness, does she think that's not a good thing and the 'flow of information' (we're definitely not talking about anything so outlandish as 'the truth' here) should be slow and stately?

She may be right, had Twitter been around the McCanns might find themselves in a different situation.
As it was, the internet proved a two-edged sword for the McCanns, without it and with a compliant press, where would we or they be now?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 08.06.13 6:34

She must be taking over the baton from the pink one then, spin
Snifferdog
Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 08.06.13 7:39

" McGuiness said she felt the Portuguese police did not understand the McCann family’s need to stay in Portugal while the hunt for Madeleine got underway following the disappearance....
Asked what she now believes happened to Madeleine, McGuiness said it was highly unlikely she was kidnapped to order as some theories suggested or just walked out of the apartment herself....
But she said her experience of the case made her realise that many paedophiles appear to be upstanding members of communities not thought capable of carrying out that sort of crime."

Of course she had to say something about Portuguese police... that's a first, now the police didn't understood the need of them being in Portugal... why would they want the MCS to go away when that would of course difficult the investigation as they were arguidos?!
Of course she didn't wandered of or was sold! THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS HER FACE!
Again the paedos, that surely excludes Hewlett...
And why not ask her about the actual PJ files and the evidence such as the dogs findings and the scenic?
Justine on team Mc again, this is interesting...
Again, questions, questions...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 7:42

I think it is an old article. Madeleine is refered to as being 5 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 08.06.13 7:59

Ayniia wrote:" McGuiness said she felt the Portuguese police did not understand the McCann family’s need to stay in Portugal while the hunt for Madeleine got underway following the disappearance....
Asked what she now believes happened to Madeleine, McGuiness said it was highly unlikely she was kidnapped to order as some theories suggested or just walked out of the apartment herself....
But she said her experience of the case made her realise that many paedophiles appear to be upstanding members of communities not thought capable of carrying out that sort of crime."

Of course she had to say something about Portuguese police... that's a first, now the police didn't understood the need of them being in Portugal... why would they want the MCS to go away when that would of course difficult the investigation as they were arguidos?!
Of course she didn't wandered of or was sold! THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS HER FACE!
Again the paedos, that surely excludes Hewlett...
And why not ask her about the actual PJ files and the evidence such as the dogs findings and the scenic?
Justine on team Mc again, this is interesting...
Again, questions, questions...

It is an old article, (a re-visit to newspapers tends to put the current date up and it's necessary to search around the article to see if the actual printing date is available) but it's nevertheless, very convenient to 're-view' some of the old material, wiser on hindsight etc.
Justine McGuinness left McCs after some sort of falling out, although McCs made it look as if it were an agreement.
The reading between the lines re "many paedophiles appear to be upstanding members of communities not thought capable of carrying out that sort of crime." could very well be a discrete referring to NHS doctors, along with many other 'establishment' people, could it not. Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously 3139096799
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 08.06.13 8:21

"Justine McGuiness, giving her first ever public address on her experiences of managing the press campaign to find the missing five year old, said the sector should take the issue more seriously.
She praised the operator Mark Warner from whose resort in Praia da Luz in the Algarve Madeleine went missing from six years ago for its reaction."

Missing five year old who went missing 6 years ago? Maybe the quotes from Justine are old but surely the article is not?

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Empty madeleine press spokens woman

Post by marconi 08.06.13 8:37

Justine????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Mitchell became too expensive. Or he is already questioned by the Met which forbade him to talk about the case.

Or he is made a suspect, he knows too much and he didn't tell the police what he knows.

Or he is running away before he gets in serious trouble.

Or he got fed up of the case and he knows the case is about to be solved.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 9:05

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6575p12-case-goes-to-trial-amaral-v-mccanns#160744

I posted a link to this non-story on 4th June. I think that it has just been added to so that it appears to be current.

I see that Justine McGuinness doesn't mention her "work" for the McCanns on her LinkedIn profile.

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/justinemcguinness
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 10:09

Justine McGuinness is on the list of delegates for PCL at the ITT conference 2013 Lee Hayhurst in his article refers to. It was just held in Dubai. He was there as a delegate of Travel Weekly uk. McGuinness is not on the speakers list. She might have spoken with the author of the article, but it was not in an official capacity, unless she was added later as a speaker. Seeing as her experience as spokesperson for the mccanns is not on her linkedin profile it is strange that she would now hold a public speach about it. Anyway it does I think reflect her thoughts on the innocence of the mccanns, unless Lee Hayhurst made it up..

http://www.itt.co.uk/conference2013/index.php

so I correct my first opinion: it is not an old article
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 08.06.13 10:17

Juulcy wrote:Justine McGuinness is on the list of delegates for PCL at the ITT conference 2013 Lee Hayhurst in his article refers to. It was just held in Dubai. He was there as a delegate of Travel Weekly uk. McGuinness is not on the speakers list. She might have spoken with the author of the article, but it was not in an official capacity, unless she was added later as a speaker. Seeing as her experience as spokesperson for the mccanns is not on her linkedin profile it is strange that she would now hold a public speach about it. Anyway it does I think reflect her thoughts on the innocence of the mccanns, unless Lee Hayhurst made it up..

http://www.itt.co.uk/conference2013/index.php

so I correct my first opinion: it is not an old article
How could she say something else? They would Carter"fruck " her.
Edited to add:Madeleine age is wrong anyway, she was almost 4 when she went missing, 10 now. These people nah

Ayniia
Ayniia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 10:30

Looks like a sales pitch for McGuiness herself, exhorting 'the travel industry' to be prepared (for what exactly?)

And who better to help preparing them than McGuinness herself, what with all her McC experience?

Translated into Flemish this reads: I am for hire and I woiked with the McCanns.

This is the same sort of gravytrainism the McCs themselves have proved so apt at: JK Rowlings helped Kate write her despicable book, remember, and Posh Beckham was dragged into the fray for some non-existing nobody allegedly having looked like her.

That's how it's done boys: you latch onto some well known person, and hang in there like a leech untill someone gives you what you're after.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously Empty madeleine press spokewoman

Post by marconi 08.06.13 10:40

Justine seems to have said that it is bad for the McCanns not knowing the fate of their daughter "for six years"

we never know what is true, what isn't.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 11:06

It's a travel mag, with all of the headlines about Madeleine lately it's natural enough.

To me it's doing nothing more than addressing concerns of safety issues when travelling and "bigging up" Mark Warner.

It doesn't surprise me that Justine was the chosen spokesperson, she must have had the better relationship with MW.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 08.06.13 11:15

I agree Finn. To me it reads more like a talking cv , as if she is putting her experience 'out there' as a consultant to any likely employers. Isn't it a well-known ploy to suggest there is a gap in the market-in this case reputation management/strategies for worst case scenarios- then offer yourself as the one best qualified to fill it? I read the 'spokesperson' quote as being in the past tense, maybe the ambiguity over whether she is still employed by the Mccanns is useful?All IMO.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.06.13 13:42

I do not believe JMcG is a supporter of the McCanns and I haven't seen anything in this latest article to contradict that. Read her 2008 article for the Daily Mail. You don't even need to read between the lines to see what she's getting at.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-562294/I-feel-desperately-Kate-McCann--life-ruined-loathes-spotlight.html
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 14:01

ShuBob wrote:I do not believe JMcG is a supporter of the McCanns and I haven't seen anything in this latest article to contradict that. Read her 2008 article for the Daily Mail. You don't even need to read between the lines to see what she's getting at.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-562294/I-feel-desperately-Kate-McCann--life-ruined-loathes-spotlight.html

Thanks for this link, I had never read this interview . Sorry but I am reading a firm mccann believer. She states more than once that she believes the parents. I don t see anything to read between the lines. where do you find that so?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 14:25

Yes I could only skim through the article as it appears to be the usual saccharine-laden load of old twaddle.

Kate naturally shy?

Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously 219423

I thought that Justine might have distanced herself from the sainted pair in recent years, embarrassed at how she let them take her for a fool (hence no mention on LinkedIn) but it seems from her recent speech (if it is indeed recent) that this is not the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 08.06.13 14:44

The McCanns were livid with Justine because she dared to charge expenses and extra hours.
You see, Kate has expenses everyone else volunteers.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 14:45

NNFWTD, could you remind me when [sometime autumn 2007...], how and why she seized being their spokeswoman? If memory serves me they had a dispute about her costs ... ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 14:57

September 2007 according to this article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/sep/13/marketingandpr.crime

She did sue various papers as in this link re claims of over-charging.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Madeleine-McCann-PR-expert-libel-win/story-12075666-detail/story.html#axzz2VdI72yiF

I can well believe that Kate would have been mortified if someone expected to be paid for services rendered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.13 15:02

Thanks a lot, NFWTD. I knew I could rely on you ... Madeleine press spokeswoman urges industry to take paedophile threat more seriously 725573
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.06.13 19:26

Juulcy wrote:
ShuBob wrote:I do not believe JMcG is a supporter of the McCanns and I haven't seen anything in this latest article to contradict that. Read her 2008 article for the Daily Mail. You don't even need to read between the lines to see what she's getting at.

Thanks for this link, I had never read this interview . Sorry but I am reading a firm mccann believer. She states more than once that she believes the parents. I don t see anything to read between the lines. where do you find that so?

It's difficult to explain now given how much information we're now exposed to but you have to take into consideration the time the article was written. It was April 2008- before the release of the police files and before Amaral's "The truth of the lie". Justine gave out certain information which weren't public knowledge at the time (e.g about Danie Krugel and the Huelva trip). She signed off by saying Gerry failed as a father and as a husband and also revealed she didn't think Maddie would ever be found. IMO, it's an Express-style article pretending to be sympathetic to the couple whilst twisting the knife.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum