The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Mm11

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Mm11

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Regist10

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Empty Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Guest 18.02.13 20:00

candyfloss wrote:Thanks Jean for bringing this news to us....

Jean wrote:http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22853-no-settlement#43387

With acknowledgement to the Missing Madeleine site.

Maddie's parents and Gonçalo Amaral fail according

By Lusa

18/02/2013 - 18:45

Case goes to trial. Parents of missing British child in Algarve in 2007 asking € 1.2 million to the former PJ inspector for alleged defamation.

The parents of Madeleine McCann, the British child missing in the Algarve in 2007 and Gonçalo Amaral did not reach court settlement in civil proceedings in which the former Judiciary Police inspector accused of alleged defamation.

Defense source said on Monday Lusa that "the parties have not reached agreement" and has called for "the resumption of proceedings" in 1. Civil Court of Lisbon, which will now have to schedule a new date for the beginning of trial.

The first hearing was scheduled for 24 January and, last week, the judge granted a stay of proceedings, in which Madeleine's parents claim compensation of € 1.2 million for allegedly defaming the former PJ inspector.

In this action, which prompted the request for seizure of goods Gonçalo Amaral as a precautionary measure, Kate and Gerry McCann still complain protection of rights, freedoms and guarantees.

In related case, 7. Th Civil Court of Lisbon decided in January 2010 to maintain a ban on the book Maddie: The Truth of the Lie , written by Goncalo Amaral, and video with the same title, based a documentary broadcast on TVI.

The ban of the book and the video, which presents the thesis of Gonçalo Amaral involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in the disappearance of her daughter with the concealment of the corpse had been provisionally enacted September 9, 2009.

On 19 October 2010, the Lisbon Court of Appeal annulled the decision of 7. Civil Court, after which the McCanns appealed to the Supreme Court of Justice (STJ). In its judgment of 18 March 2011, the Supreme Court of Appeal upheld the decision.

Madeleine McCann disappeared on May 3, 2007, in an apartment in a tourist resort in Praia da Luz in the Algarve, where he was vacationing with her parents and twin brothers. At the time of the disappearance, Goncalo Amaral was coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Judicial Police of Portimão.

Kate and Gerry McCann, who have always claimed that the child was abducted, were made defendants in September 2007. The case was closed for lack of evidence, in July 2008, although prosecutors admit reopening if new data emerge about the child's disappearance.

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/nao-ha-acordo-entre-pais-de-maddie-e-goncalo-amaral-1584933

Couldn't read any further.

Dr Amaral will take them to the cleaners for destroying his life.

As he is a man of honour, and the MCs wouldn't recognise the concept of honour if it gouged their eyes out,

this is the only and logical conclusion.

The moment when the Matador gains the moment of utter quiet.
Where the crowd is silent;

Where the Bull scrapes in the sand;

And the Matador turns around, and walks away, turning his back on the powerless bull; to the cheering of the crowd.

Dear Dr. Amaral, I hope to meet with you, as we all do.

You have set an enormous standard of morals and integrity.

I do not know how to add to this but for: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 636911712
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 Empty Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Guest 18.02.13 20:05

tigger wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
candyfloss wrote:What an awful picture they have of Kate McCann with that story,

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/nao-ha-acordo-entre-pais-de-maddie-e-goncalo-amaral-1584933
No way that that is "accidental" ...

That picture tells a story of its own!

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 921124

Oh you of innocent minds,

do you not remember when she was advised to look devastated in order to be believed?

A fresh onion will achieve this.

Any fresh onion.

It will also jerk tears.

Old camera trick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 20:10

Watch out Kate or the cat might get your tongue.

What a shame it would be if that whining voice was never heard in public again!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 18.02.13 20:13

Well that is one prayer answered, thank you God. A step forward towards justice for Madeleine. Dr Amaral, roses bravo

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 20:14

No way of jerking tears, Portia. It is just VERY unflattery photo, IMO, of course ....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 18.02.13 20:16

It really would not surprise me if GA were to receive discreet financial assistance towards his case from certain media sources.
I do hope so.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 20:18

I'm trying to imagine the courage and determination of someone under such pressure ...
Good gracious.
Châpeau, Dr. Amaral!

We're "all" for "justice". But how far would anyone of us go?
Same for Tony.
I will have all extremities crossed on Thursday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 18.02.13 20:38

Dr What wrote:It really would not surprise me if GA were to receive discreet financial assistance towards his case from certain media sources.
I do hope so.

I've had that feeling for a while now that behind the scenes someone has been helping GA, both financially and with legal matters. It could be even a UK newspaper, it wouldn't surprise me.

Both the Portugese Police, Portugese media and the British press must be sick to their back teeth of having to kowtow to the McCanns for the past 5+ years.

ETA: Sorry, I've just reread your thread again, I seem to have repeated what you said.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by jowie 18.02.13 20:51

Woofer wrote:Glad to hear this. Just hoping it wasn`t a ploy to play for time - goodness knows when the trial will be re-scheduled - could it be another 6 months - a year? By which time SY review will be finished and statutory legislation in place gagging the press?

I may be wrong but I can't help feeling that it was a ploy for time. If the hearing had taken place at the end of January and Goncalo had won then it would have helped Tony's case immensely, even though it is purely a contempt of court issue. If it was postponed for 6 months to try and reach settlement why is the negotiating concluded now, in less than 4 weeks? I would have thought it would have taken longer to get to the point of no agreement to settle. In any case I am still really pleased that Goncalo has made his stand but worry for Tony in the meantime. Good Luck for Thursday, Tony, just sorry I cannot be there for you this time.
jowie

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 18.02.13 21:01

I hope under Portugese law this pair are compelled to attend the hearing, and I hope they get a right grilling. A tough lawyer needs to ask them some tough questions under oath because it might be the closest they get to being put on trial as they so richly deserve.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 21:04

Newintown wrote:
Dr What wrote:It really would not surprise me if GA were to receive discreet financial assistance towards his case from certain media sources.
I do hope so.

I've had that feeling for a while now that behind the scenes someone has been helping GA, both financially and with legal matters. It could be even a UK newspaper, it wouldn't surprise me.

Both the Portugese Police, Portugese media and the British press must be sick to their back teeth of having to kowtow to the McCanns for the past 5+ years.

ETA: Sorry, I've just reread your thread again, I seem to have repeated what you said.

Desmonds here, Desmonds there, Desmonds arounds us everywhere

No, I do not think so

Desmond just does not have what it takes.

Bye bye 550.000,00.

Who gives a shit?!

Desmond? No. course not.

That's what his drudges ay at his feet per diem.

OK Des, if not, then not, but say so?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.02.13 21:20

jowie wrote:
Woofer wrote:Glad to hear this. Just hoping it wasn`t a ploy to play for time - goodness knows when the trial will be re-scheduled - could it be another 6 months - a year? By which time SY review will be finished and statutory legislation in place gagging the press?

I may be wrong but I can't help feeling that it was a ploy for time. If the hearing had taken place at the end of January and Goncalo had won then it would have helped Tony's case immensely, even though it is purely a contempt of court issue. If it was postponed for 6 months to try and reach settlement why is the negotiating concluded now, in less than 4 weeks? I would have thought it would have taken longer to get to the point of no agreement to settle. In any case I am still really pleased that Goncalo has made his stand but worry for Tony in the meantime. Good Luck for Thursday, Tony, just sorry I cannot be there for you this time.

IIRC there were 20 days allocated for GA to consider whether he wanted to negotiate and if he did then the case would be adjourned for 6 months in order to seek an agreement. It sounds to me as if GA has replied `no negotiations thanks, end of`.

Yes I tend to think they were playing for time. Ah well - better get yer jack boots on Gerry and what with those negburns you might just get those nasty press people gagged.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 18.02.13 21:23

Portia wrote:
Newintown wrote:
I do hope so.

No, I do not think so

Bye bye 550.000,00.

Who gives a shit?!

Desmond? No. course not.

Could you repeat that in English please?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 18.02.13 21:28

Newintown wrote:

Glad it wasn't just me who didn't get it huh
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 21:39

Woofer wrote:
jowie wrote:

IIRC there were 20 days allocated for GA to consider whether he wanted to negotiate and if he did then the case would be adjourned for 6 months in order to seek an agreement. It sounds to me as if GA has replied `no negotiations thanks, end of`.

Yes I tend to think they were playing for time. Ah well - better get yer jack boots on Gerry and what with those negburns you might just get those nasty press people gagged.

Judge Deed (T)

Are you listening?

It is no simpeler than this: Who killed Maddie Mc Cann?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.13 21:42

Newintown wrote:
Portia wrote:
Newintown wrote:
I do hope so.

No, I do not think so

Bye bye 550.000,00.

Who gives a shit?!

Desmond? No. course not.

No
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 18.02.13 21:50

candyfloss wrote:What an awful picture they have of Kate McCann with that story,

Had it been a UK newspaper, the couple probably would have asked them to remove the picture like they allegedly did when the Express published that smiling photo of them in Amsterdam during their European book tour.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 18.02.13 21:55

Portia wrote:
Newintown wrote:
Portia wrote:
Newintown wrote:
I do hope so.

No, I do not think so

Bye bye 550.000,00.

Who gives a shit?!

Desmond? No. course not.

No

Do you always talk in riddles? Why? If margaret and I can't understand what the Hell you're talking about there must be others who can't but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Why not just say what you mean without all the riddles?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.02.13 22:05

I think Portia is saying the Express which is owned by Desmond wont be supportive? Not sure.Let's not forget the Star which is part of the Express was the only paper to report on Tony's court hearing.

Also alot of people are getting hacked off, excuse the pun, with GM making demands, pronouncements, complaints and pontificating to and about the press. he's had his million pound plus and apologies.

The best of luck to Mr Amaral, though as with Tony I don't think he will be needing it.
roses

Bet KM is fuuurious with that photo!
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 18.02.13 22:11

It reminds me of the McCanns ordering the press not to print pictures looking happy as apparently it was not representative of how they feel. I believe it was on a promotional tour in Holland to promote her novel.

EDITED TO SAY - hadn't seen Shubobs post when I wrote this - laughat

But still goes to show that they have left a lasting impression on us for all their peculiar ways!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 18.02.13 22:13

Inspectorfrost wrote:I think Portia is saying the Express which is owned by Desmond wont be supportive? Not sure.Let's not forget the Star which is part of the Express was the only paper to report on Tony's court hearing.

Also alot of people are getting hacked off, excuse the pun, with GM making demands, pronouncements, complaints and pontificating to and about the press. he's had his million pound plus and apologies.

The best of luck to Mr Amaral, though as with Tony I don't think he will be needing it.
Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns - Page 1 725573

Bet KM is fuuurious with that photo!

Why all the rubbish wording then, why not say it outright. I haven't got time for deciphering riddles. I vaguely knew the name Desmond to be associated with a newspaper but couldn't remember which one, but seeing that the Express have let through some very negative comments over the weekend they don't seem to be very supportive of the McCanns at the moment.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.02.13 22:32

No they don't Newintown and that is a good sign. Neither are the Guardian as they let alot of critical posts remain although they removed a whole chunk too. I think the Mccanns will be scrubbed off a few Xmas card lists after their latest antics. Mr and Mrs Mccann let's face it, want to gag the press, Leveson was very generous to the press they say, didn't go nearly far enough in his recommendations, the former Sunday Times editor saying on that Marr show that the new charter has JAWS, is still not good enough for the Mccanns who say there is no redress still. Gagging the press is stuff of totalitarian regimes and an anathema to this country. I think Mr G has bitten off more than he can chew and does not give a damn how many people he alienates.

PS Can't answer for Portia.
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.02.13 22:40

Chances of a full libel trial ?
Very approximately ZERO.

Rothely telephone wil be permanently engaged.
Mitchell will be in his pink pyjamas scribbling as fast as he can tonight.
Carter-Ruck will be having late night meetings (with biscuits. Very important, and chargeable to the client ! )
None of them trying to find Madeleine Beth McCann. No one is doing that.

But all trying to work our a way of presenting this "inconvenient truth".

By the way, Private Eye are aware.
As are Grange
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.02.13 22:52

What does that mean Peter? It will be stopped again for some reason? Ooh I like the sound of Private Eye and Grange being in the know.

OK, i didn't know where to post this, so as good a place as any, a freelance journalists tweet

Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton 8h
@MrsMLouis @Mobyra Have you ever tried to pitch a McCann story to a news editor? Good luck with it. Easier to nail jelly to a wall.
View conversation ·

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoniaPoulton

Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate 18.02.13 22:55

Who or what is Grange?

Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top