The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Mm11

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Mm11

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Regist10

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Empty Re: Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Post by Jojo1 24.09.24 13:45

Jill Havern wrote:Bernt would be very welcome to join us. I fully understand why he wouldn't want to at this point in the proceedings, but the invitation is there.
 I wish he would join. However after his Facebook shenanigans, it might have put him right off. People were disrespectful and some were determined to make his questions thread difficult. It was hard to watch it unfold.
Jojo1
Jojo1

Activity : 84

Nina and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Empty Re: Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Post by Jill Havern 24.09.24 13:50

Jojo1 wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:Bernt would be very welcome to join us. I fully understand why he wouldn't want to at this point in the proceedings, but the invitation is there.
 I wish he would join. However after his Facebook shenanigans, it might have put him right off. People were disrespectful and some were determined to make his questions thread difficult. It was hard to watch it unfold.
My point exactly   thumbsup

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8MAGALatest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8  Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1ec-1f1e7MBGALatest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1ec-1f1e7
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43580

Nina and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo1 24.09.24 13:55

Jojo1 wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:From Bernt in response to Justice for Maddie and Anne Guedes:

Even though two tall men, it doesn't say anything how much power we had to use to move the large grey stone slab..... Anne assumes things that is not there. One person, Gerry, could easily slide it open, alone...
Spoken from the one who slid it open... 

Again Anne assumes things without local knowledge.
Here's a photo of the wall.... 

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Wall10

Which wall ? The tiny or the medium one ?
I find these proxy assumptions rather inappropriate ("assuming things that are'nt there", "assuming without local knowledge").  I only suggested the cemetery had walls with a certain height, as cemeteries in PT are closed at night, not supposed to easily "visited". Then what kind of stone,what size,  hence what weight ?  G should have had that in mind before entering the cemetery, imo.

Anne it was more than likely the medium wall which anyone could scale quite easily as it only looks a couple of feet high at most. The small are is it a grasses verge and probably less than a foot high.
Cemeteries aren't necessarily closed at night.
The concrete slabs are usually above ground and on a concrete base. When people have a burial plot, concrete slabs are sometimes placed over coffins to aid settling of the coffin in the ground so there is space for the next. Then the larger slab is placed on top of the raised concrete base. So there's space to hide a body by simply sliding the concrete slab a little,place a body and replace the slab back in position.
Have you read Bernts book? All is explained in there.
The bottom 8 lines are my reply to Anne. Don't know why it ended up there. Gadget glitch and some grammatical and spelling errors
Jojo1
Jojo1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.09.24 13:56

Jill Havern wrote:
Jojo1 wrote:
I left the groups then after years of supporting them. I was shocked by the behaviour and wanted no involvement in it.

Activity : 3423

Jill Havern and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.09.24 13:59

Justice for Maddie wrote:or
If Gerry was Smithman, maybe at first he brought Maddie's body to the church and then later the McCann/the priest brought the body to the cemetery and the McCanns got the key to the church and cemetery. Later, they hid the body in the hill area

The cemeteries in PT are managed by the municipalities unless they belong to a particular religious community, which is not the case for the PdL cemetery.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 306

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.09.24 14:04

Nina wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
Jojo1 wrote:
I left the groups then after years of supporting them. I was shocked by the behaviour and wanted no involvement in it.
I didn't see it Nina, but I've heard about it.

What annoys me is that facebook group nicked the name of Peter's ebook. It has nothing to do with us.

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8MAGALatest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1fa-1f1f8  Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1ec-1f1e7MBGALatest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 1f1ec-1f1e7
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.09.24 14:10

Jill Havern wrote:
Nina wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
Jojo1 wrote:

What annoys me is that facebook group nicked the name of Peter's ebook. It has nothing to do with us.
I didn't announce and flounce Jill. I just left. I had two messages asking if I had left and I said yes and why. Nothing since and I don't want it. Shocking display of clambering egos of individuals and groups.

Jill Havern and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo1 24.09.24 14:19

Jill Havern wrote:
Jojo1 wrote:
We are a lot nicer here and the majority have read his book at least. During my time here I have noticed who the regular posters are and have a genuine interest in the complicated MM case. Maybe he might decide to join us eventually if there is a closed thread with some ground rules. It costs nowt be Kind and respectful to each other. Sometimes it's a case of 'it's not what you say, it's how you say it'  

Come join us Bernt. We are proper gradely folk in ere ( Lancashire UK ) dialect.

Apologies Jill for going off topic
Jojo1
Jojo1

Jill Havern and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo1 24.09.24 14:27

AnneCGuedes wrote:
Justice for Maddie wrote:or
If Gerry was Smithman, maybe at first he brought Maddie's body to the church and then later the McCann/the priest brought the body to the cemetery and the McCanns got the key to the church and cemetery. Later, they hid the body in the hill area

The cemeteries in PT are managed by the municipalities unless they belong to a particular religious community, which is not the case for the PdL cemetery.
 If the PdL cemetery is for any religious order, then it might not be locked.
Jojo1
Jojo1

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.09.24 14:50

Jojo1 wrote:

Cemeteries aren't necessarily closed at night.
The concrete slabs are usually above ground and on a concrete base. When people have a burial plot, concrete slabs are sometimes placed over coffins to aid settling of the coffin in the ground so there is space for the next. Then the larger slab is placed on top of the raised concrete base. So there's space to hide a body by simply sliding the concrete slab a little,place a body and replace the slab back in position.
Have you read Bernts book? All is explained in there.
The bottom 8 lines are my reply to Anne. Don't know why it ended up there. Gadget glitch and some grammatical and spelling errors

You were right and I was mistaken. I've just spoken to the person from the junta de freguesia who manages the PdL cemetery. The PdL cemetery is always open (those in Lisbon aren't), which makes the question of the wall (in fact mostly a metal fence) irrelevant. The 3 gates are closed, you just have to push to enter. Then the headstones are sealed a couple of months after the burial... As there's only room for one coffin, decaying has to occur at least for 5 years before eventually unsealing, opening entirely the grave and putting in a new coffin (graves belong to families). The bones are then collected in a bag and placed in the new coffin.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

crusader, Honesty, Jojo1, pinkgladioli and Justice for Maddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo1 24.09.24 14:53

Nina wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
Nina wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:
Jojo1 wrote:

I didn't announce and flounce Jill. I just left. I had two messages asking if I had left and I said yes and why. Nothing since and I don't want it. Shocking display of clambering egos of individuals and groups.
I totally agree regarding the shocking display of clambering egos of individuals and groups. I didn't bother posting anything and mainly just observed, but I couldn't stand it any longer.I exited a lot of groups also. I rarely bother with Facebook now.
Here I feel like I've found my tribe.
Jojo1
Jojo1

Jill Havern, Nina, crusader and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 24.09.24 15:03

@AnneCGuedes wrote:
As there's only room for one coffin, decaying has to occur at least for 5 years before eventually unsealing, opening entirely the grave and putting in a new coffin (graves belong to families).

Do you know how many Graves there are Anne?
How many are left that have never been opened yet?
I would guess over 17 Years that is 25% at least.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 3004

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 24.09.24 15:28

Do you guys think that Maddie's body could be sill in the cemetery?Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Screen13n the cemetery?
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 24.09.24 15:29

Justice for Maddie wrote:Do you guys think that Maddie's body could be sill in the cemetery?Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Screen13
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 24.09.24 15:32

Justice for Maddie wrote:
Justice for Maddie wrote:Do you guys think that Maddie's body could be still in the cemetery?Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 15 Screen13
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 24.09.24 15:33

Sorry for the double posts
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.09.24 15:38

No because Bern't say's Madeleine is buried on Rocha Negra.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6796

Nina, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.09.24 16:12

crusader wrote:No because Bern't say's Madeleine is buried on Rocha Negra.
What I do think though is that they took some of the consecrated earth to bury along with Madeleine because she wasn't buried in consecrated earth. I have just come across this whist down the rabbit hole of Google. Not read it at all as yet but wondered if it fits in with any of the days following the 2nd or 3rd May.

https://mylifechoice.org/2024/09/10/40-days-after-death-the-symbolism-and-rituals-across-religions/#:~:text=In%20Christianity%2C%20the%2040%20days,deeds%20in%20life%20are%20weighed.

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 24.09.24 16:32

I honestly don't think they are that religious.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 825

Ladyinred, crusader and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 24.09.24 16:37

If Madeleine was hidden there and moved on elsewhere later, there may be some as yet undiscovered Traces still to be found?

I doubt if she would still be there now.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 3004

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.09.24 16:42

Silentscope wrote:@AnneCGuedes wrote:
As there's only room for one coffin, decaying has to occur at least for 5 years before eventually unsealing, opening entirely the grave and putting in a new coffin (graves belong to families).

Do you know how many Graves there are Anne?
How many are left that have never been opened yet?
I would guess over 17 Years that is 25% at least.

No ideia about the nb of graves. I guess I could ask and also ask if there is space for new graves. There are also some "chapels" (capelas).
I don't see  how I could ask how many graves have remained sealed since the beginning of the century (for instance). I'm afraid I would be asked why. But I could ask for how long a grave belongs to a family or after how many years of absence of "activity", property ends naturally.
4 355 inhabitants of PdL in 2021 (census). In Portugal, the death rate was 11.9 per thousand inhabitants (2022). Some people might be buried elsewhere (usually because there's room in a grave).
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Silentscope and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.09.24 16:45

I agree with Bluebag, I'm not convinced they are so religious.
They surrounded themselves with family and priests like an armour and even Kate's mother said they weren't religious in an early tv interview.
crusader
crusader

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimtheblue 24.09.24 16:54

No way they are religious Kate was well known at university for her wild
nights,one name she had was kiss me Kate.It was all an act to try and
deflect themselves from blame,it never worked because we all know what 
happened.Hedonism was their religion.
Jimtheblue
Jimtheblue

Activity : 112

Cammerigal, crusader, Cake Lover and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.09.24 17:09

AnneCGuedes wrote:Then the headstones are sealed a couple of months after the burial... As there's only room for one coffin, decaying has to occur at least for 5 years before eventually unsealing, opening entirely the grave and putting in a new coffin (graves belong to families). The bones are then collected in a bag and placed in the new coffin.

The ideal information would be about the nb of burials occurring from the end of 2006, which would indicate the nb of tombstones (it seems to be the right word) that have been unsealed and moved for a burial without having yet been sealed again. The proportion of those unsealed tombstones relatively to the total nb would give a probability of how many tombstones should one try to lift before finding an unsealed one.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.09.24 17:42

crusader wrote:I agree with Bluebag, I'm not convinced they are so religious.
They surrounded themselves with family and priests like an armour and even Kate's mother said they weren't religious in an early tv interview.
I agree, however, in times of such stress they just may say an odd prayer here and there and the prayers said in the church in the early days were for her safety and return when if she was dead then there should have been very different prayers. I am a christian but very hit and miss during adulthood but at times when there has been great worry or suffering I have said an odd private prayer. During surgery and treatment for breast cancer I heard from a work colleague who said she was in a prayer group and they were praying for me. Now this did give me great comfort and hope.
I know I know many will say it is all smoke and mirrors but if you have had a religious upbringing no matter how lapsed you are then there will be times in your life when you might say a silent prayer.

crusader, Honesty, Shash T and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 24.09.24 17:51

Kate McCann would have slaughtered a chicken at a black mass if she thought it would help the cover up. Just my opinion though.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2730

crusader, Bluebagthepirate and MikaelaB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 24.09.24 18:18

Nina wrote:
crusader wrote:I agree with Bluebag, I'm not convinced they are so religious.

I know I know many will say it is all smoke and mirrors but if you have had a religious upbringing no matter how lapsed you are then there will be times in your life when you might say a silent prayer.
I agree with this, Nina.  I also think there is comfort in the familiar, such as going to Mass, with its rituals and collective prayer, which is unifying and provides strength during difficult times.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1829

Nina, crusader, Shash T, Jojo1 and MikaelaB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.09.24 19:49

From Bernt:

Jill.
You could tell them, yes, she could still have been there, if it wasn't for the findings in the hire car.
However, we don't know if the PJ opened what could be opened, to eliminate this chance. 
Wrapped in multiple layers of garbage bags, there would be no traces left today. 
Like I write in the book, it actually doesn't matter where she was before she was moved. But Kate's words in the context is a very strong guide. Matt is about to say "horrible coincidence", which strengthens this notion. 
And the wall as shown in the photo, is just max 150cm tall. You can even jump over behind that tree up on that low plateau.
 I'm sure AnneG has Google earth, so why repeatedly referring to the high wall by the often open small gate...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

sharonl, Nina, Bluebagthepirate and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.09.24 19:53

I love it when Bernt comments.
crusader
crusader

Jill Havern, Nina and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.09.24 20:42

We'll get him here at some point   big grin

He just doesn't know it yet   winkwink

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina, crusader, Jimtheblue, Bluebagthepirate, Jojo1 and MikaelaB like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top