The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Robert Murats income question please Mm11

Robert Murats income question please Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Robert Murats income question please Mm11

Robert Murats income question please Regist10

Robert Murats income question please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robert Murats income question please Empty Robert Murats income question please

Post by tunein 06.05.17 19:43

Hi,

I am under the impression that the Portuguese police files stated that Robert Murat had regular small payments made into his bank account, is this correct ?
Does any one know where they come from and if they were for the same amount each time.
I believe that these were in the time period before the events on 3rd May.

Thanks
Tunein
tunein
tunein

Activity : 31

Back to top Go down

Robert Murats income question please Empty Re: Robert Murats income question please

Post by suespeaking 06.05.17 22:06

He was a translator therefore if he was self employed this would not be abnormal
suespeaking

Activity : 71

Back to top Go down

Robert Murats income question please Empty Re: Robert Murats income question please

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.05.17 23:48

Why? Is there some specific regulations that self-employed translators must receive regular small payments of the same amount?
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by suespeaking 07.05.17 0:32

Not a fixed rule but they will often have recurring jobs which pay a fixed amount per hour.  I used to employ a translator on a regular basis for training sessions, he would receive regular payment of the same amount into his bank account usually on the same day of the month as that was how our finance department paid creditors.  I have used BSL signers on the same basis
suespeaking

Activity : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 07.05.17 11:35

Apparently Robert had been living off his mother's pension of 700 euro (per month I imagine) as well as whatever money she had inherited. He left his last job about 17 months before May 3rd and describes himself as unemployed. His girlfriend is also unemployed, having left Remax where they had both worked before Robert. According to her Robert received a payment from Remax of 1000 euro in April 07 for a sale he must have made 17 months previously. He also banked, in Portugal, about 250 pounds which he claimed he had withdrawn in England, probably he thinks, from his mother's account. He had spent the time since he left Remax renovating his grandmother's property in the UK which had been left to his mother. In his answers re his phone history there is no evidence of any steady translation work which might suggest a fixed income.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by tunein 07.05.17 16:20

Hi,
As I have said before I am new to all this and have to catch up.
I have no theories or concepts and at this stage I am just seeking information from people who know more then me about
this subject.
Suespeaking I think that you may have jumped to the the wrong impression as to why I asked the question ?
Thank you Phoebe, I felt strongly that Robert would be receiving regular small payments from his mother and that he probably
did small jobs or such like for her in exchange, perfectly normal in his situation and nothing sinister about it.
But I also feel that we should not pay to much importance to the roll of Interpreter, I have been an expat most of my life living in small seaside towns just like Prai da Luz and it seems like everyone is an interpreter.
Most people in business in places like Prai da Luz speak very good English and speaking two languages is usually not enough, I have a friend who speaks 5 including Russian and he cannot earn enough money from that alone, also my wife is a translator for the police and social services here in the UK and she rarely gets a call.
If you are a registered official translator of documents then you are more likely to have work.
Sorry to say this but its only us Brits who are impressed with someone who can speak a foreign language.

Thanks
Tunein
tunein
tunein

Activity : 31

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum