The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Mm11

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Mm11

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Regist10

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Empty Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves

Post by Mirage 26.03.17 11:48

http://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/guilt-trap-why-the-mccanns-remind-us-of-ourselves-35565764.html

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves ourselves

Sarah Caden
March 26 2017 2:30 AM
'Don't get me on to the McCanns, we've all got something to say about them." According to the friend who visited her in prison and kept diaries of their conversations, these are the words of Karen Matthews, who in 2008 faked the kidnap of her nine-year-old daughter, Shannon. The child was found more than a fortnight later, alive, but tied up and drugged, hidden in a bed base, at Karen's boyfriend's uncle's home.

"I've been judged and I'm paying for it," Matthews is reported to have said, "but Maddie's mother was bad too. At least my daughter was never left alone!"

The basic point being made by Matthews in this and other bits of her rant against the McCanns - and Kate McCann in particular - is that because they were middle class and educated and even good-looking, they got an easier ride than she.......

---------------
To access  the rest of the article you have to register or sign in.

The Irish connection is strong, isn't  it?

Just for the record Sarah Caden, of the Irish Independent, I have no idea what guilt you are referring to. If it's  your own, deal with it. But don't try your pseudo psychology stuff on the British public because they ain't buying it.

Save your universal guilt for the Magdalene laundry and write about that.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Empty Re: Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves

Post by Phoebe 26.03.17 11:59

An earlier comment in the comments section claiming that the P.J. was corrupt was left up for a sort while but now seems to have vanished!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves Empty Re: Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves

Post by Verdi 26.03.17 13:17

Ruddy cheek!  Speak for yourself woman - why is she dragging this up again?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 26.03.17 13:40

Phoebe wrote:An earlier comment in the comments section claiming that the P.J. was corrupt was left up for a sort while but now seems to have vanished!
Good idea to send any more of any sort of tripe casting aspersions on the politically-interfered-with-by-the-British Portuguese police investigation to Mr Amaral who could add to his list of "entities" to sue for defamation.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 26.03.17 13:57

This article is utter tripe. The Mccanns ( how nice and middle class they are !) don't remind me of me. I can't think of anything I have in common with them, I am happy to say. The idea that people are projecting their own 'guilt' onto them is , how can I say.....ludicrous !
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmon521 26.03.17 14:19

Maybe I have read something in this post that was not intended but I find it quite offensive ."the Irish connection",this was one Irish reporter who was voicing her options (whether you agree or not).what is the British media's excuse.
I'm sure a lot of Irish people donated to the detectives go -fund me page because this is about the disappearance of a 3year old child
Not the nationality of a 3year old child.
For the record ,this article in my opinion  does not reflect me,I consider myself to be a very good parent,albeit Irish.
Mud slinging does not help anyone.

Mirage wrote:http://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/guilt-trap-why-the-mccanns-remind-us-of-ourselves-35565764.html

Guilt trap: Why the McCanns remind us of ourselves ourselves

Sarah Caden
March 26 2017 2:30 AM
'Don't get me on to the McCanns, we've all got something to say about them." According to the friend who visited her in prison and kept diaries of their conversations, these are the words of Karen Matthews, who in 2008 faked the kidnap of her nine-year-old daughter, Shannon. The child was found more than a fortnight later, alive, but tied up and drugged, hidden in a bed base, at Karen's boyfriend's uncle's home.

"I've been judged and I'm paying for it," Matthews is reported to have said, "but Maddie's mother was bad too. At least my daughter was never left alone!"

The basic point being made by Matthews in this and other bits of her rant against the McCanns - and Kate McCann in particular - is that because they were middle class and educated and even good-looking, they got an easier ride than she.......

---------------
To access  the rest of the article you have to register or sign in.

The Irish connection is strong, isn't  it?

Just for the record Sarah Caden, of the Irish Independent, I have no idea what guilt you are referring to. If it's  your own, deal with it. But don't try your pseudo psychology stuff on the British public because they ain't buying it.

Save your universal guilt for the Magdalene laundry and write about that.
Harmon521
Harmon521

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 26.03.17 15:46

Maybe someone should ask why the Tapas 9 bothered with dining there that night. After all, it was hardly for the convivial atmosphere and social experience that was to be had, given that they were the only diners after 8.30pm. It was more like dining on the Mary Celeste than in your back garden! They were allegedly partial to lunching in Paynes' apartment and could have got a Tapas takeaway like Balu and Berry claimed to have done . Why bother moving the same nine people down to the tapas bar when they could have enjoyed the identical dining experience chez Payne? Oops! Forgot! They had to be elsewhere when the "abduction" took place.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 26.03.17 17:23

Harmon521 wrote:Maybe I have read something in this post that was not intended but I find it quite offensive ."the Irish connection",this was one Irish reporter who was voicing her options (whether you agree or not).what is the British media's excuse.
You have indeed read into what I have said incorrectly.

You state that  you found my comment offensive on an idle supposition. You then carry your suspicion on into the ridiculous realms of translating it into a slur on all Irish people, including donors to Mr Amaral. Frankly, I find your meandering suppositions highly offensive.

At the moment there are unexplained mass graves at one of these Magdalene laundry  institutions. My message to this journalist  is get your own house in order on the question of attributing universal guilt.

With regard to the Irish connection, try reading the Donegal threads. Most people here know what I mean, I am sure. If you don't  know, ask, instead of making wild assumptions then floating them publicly to try and label me xenophobic towards the Irish.

This latest piece in the Irish Independent follows a pattern  of sycophantic articles churned out by the Irish press, several have linked the family to Donegal in warm and biased terms over time.

If you take the trouble to look, you will see I have recently slated Mary Nightingale and other British journalists equally. So I have no idea what you are on about. It seems these days people hell bent on looking for offence will surely find it.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 26.03.17 17:51

It really is sloppy, lazy journalism at its worst and smacks of "Slow news day, I'll do something about Mothers' Day with a McCann angle, but I wont do any, even basic, research before mouthing off". For example, according to the omniscient Sarah, Madeleine was left sleeping in a hotel room; the parents went swimming with the kids after lunch; Gerry was having a tennis lesson while Kate and the kids were having story time and there's a chance a window was open in the kids bedroom that the abductor used to enter!! The comments section is interesting. One rabid mouth-foamer attacking viciously (he's a troll!!! where's Synnott?) any negative views of the couple's actions. They're everywhere !!
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.03.17 18:13

Mirage wrote:
Harmon521 wrote:Maybe I have read something in this post that was not intended but I find it quite offensive ."the Irish connection",this was one Irish reporter who was voicing her options (whether you agree or not).what is the British media's excuse.
You have indeed read into what I have said incorrectly.

You state that  you found my comment offensive on an idle supposition. You then carry your suspicion on into the ridiculous realms of translating it into a slur on all Irish people, including donors to Mr Amaral. Frankly, I find your meandering suppositions highly offensive.

At the moment there are unexplained mass graves at one of these Magdalene laundry  institutions. My message to this journalist  is get your own house in order on the question of attributing universal guilt.

With regard to the Irish connection, try reading the Donegal threads. Most people here know what I mean, I am sure. If you don't  know, ask, instead of making wild assumptions then floating them publicly to try and label me xenophobic towards the Irish.

This latest piece in the Irish Independent follows a pattern  of sycophantic articles churned out by the Irish press, several have linked the family to Donegal in warm and biased terms over time.

If you take the trouble to look, you will see I have recently slated Mary Nightingale and other British journalists equally. So I have no idea what you are on about. It seems these days people hell bent on looking for offence will surely find it.
Funny thing is, Mirage, mumof6 made a very similar accusatory post to this earlier on and I deleted it and rather than just ban mumof6 I deleted her account as she'd been on my radar anyway.

She then joined MMM and said she'd got an email telling her she'd been banned.

Not so.

When your account is deleted you don't get an email.

When you're banned you don't get an email either, you just can't log in.

MMM are welcome to her.

Funny how when people are expelled from here they know exactly where to run to have a moan. winkwink

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41822

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top