The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Mm11

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Mm11

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Regist10

Met Police received Dossier -The tImes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Empty Met Police received Dossier -The tImes

Post by HelenMeg 02.10.14 9:03

Hi
Sorry if duplicate - but read this morning in The Times - small article saying words to the effect of
The Met Police have received an 80 page dossier showing abuse and threats to the Mc Cann family from Online Forums, Social Media, Facebook etc. 
It was only a tiny article tucked away - but wondering if this may account for recent 'whooshes'..
It described the posts / copmments  as abusive and threatening. Did not say who passed the dossier to them!
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Empty Met Police received Dossier -The tImes

Post by sammyc 02.10.14 9:40

It's the top story on sky news website and an article in the Daily Mail onilne.  Something is going to happen in the not too distant future.  I am beginning to think whitewash now even though I have held out for so long in the hope it wouldn't be.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Empty Re: Met Police received Dossier -The tImes

Post by ChippyM 02.10.14 10:01

HelenMeg wrote:Hi
Sorry if duplicate - but read this morning in The Times - small article saying words to the effect of
The Met Police have received an 80 page dossier showing abuse and threats to the Mc Cann family from Online Forums, Social Media, Facebook etc. 
It was only a tiny article tucked away - but wondering if this may account for recent 'whooshes'..
It described the posts / copmments  as abusive and threatening. Did not say who passed the dossier to them!

The DM article said the dossier was compiled and passed to police by people sympathetic to the McCanns.

Obviously saying you would want to kill or torture someone is vile but it seems expressing an opinion or saying you think someone is awful or deserves to get a dirty look when you see them has been included too. 

Personally I think unless someone is actually threatened the police might be better off putting their time in to examining what happened in 2007, starting with the parents statements.    I suppose that would make me a vile troll though!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   Empty Re: Met Police received Dossier -The tImes

Post by ChippyM 02.10.14 10:06

"Six Twitter accounts have been set up to abuse the McCanns, the dossier says, with eight “persistent and prolific” anti-McCann activists identified. Dozens of others are said to have participated in the abuse.

Other tactics include attempts complain about the McCanns through Freedom of Information requests, the bombardment of the BBC Crimewatch show message board and Facebook pages. Anthony Summers, the author of a recent book that argues the McCanns are innocent, has also been targeted.
The campaigner spearheading the appeal, who has asked to remain anonymous, told Sky News that they feared that trolls would one day translate their threats into actions.
They said: “We know that this is still continuing, that it's escalating at an alarming rate, and becoming bolder and a lot of what they're posting is becoming much more sinister.”
Jim Gamble, a former police officer and online security expert, said: “I think the time has come for the hard-core few in the midst of this group to be investigated.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11134162/Investigation-into-McCann-internet-trolls-launched-by-police.html

Oh dear.    So asking for information is also considered a crime. I think this is what this is really all about, cant have people questioning the investigation can we?
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.10.14 10:09

ChippyM wrote:"Six Twitter accounts have been set up to abuse the McCanns, the dossier says, with eight “persistent and prolific” anti-McCann activists identified. Dozens of others are said to have participated in the abuse.

Set up by who?

Internet mind games.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.10.14 10:18

BlueBag wrote:
ChippyM wrote:"Six Twitter accounts have been set up to abuse the McCanns, the dossier says, with eight “persistent and prolific” anti-McCann activists identified. Dozens of others are said to have participated in the abuse.

Set up by who?

Internet mind games.

Maybe we will find out but I suspect the people they will go after are the 'activists' who are questioning the investigation and story.

I wonder if a dossier was sent to police detailing all the vile things the pro-McCann people have said about people who are sceptical about the McCann's story that too would be investigated.... I guess not!
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 02.10.14 10:22

Here is one of the worst trolls, an anonymous coward that has been for the past years stalking and harassing those who have voiced their opinions and valid criticism on the case. They've now hidden the forum from public view and they are behind the dossier sent to MET. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/

Met Police received Dossier  -The tImes   10675897_10152514859689682_10152514858124682_60508_1008_b

LikeLike · · =10152514858124682&share_source_type=unknown]Share
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.10.14 10:27

One person could set up several accounts and run them simultaneously if they wanted to on several PCs.

Desperate measures for guilty people...a McCann False Flag.

Guilty as in going on hols with 3 children and coming home with two and saying it woz an abductor wot took her.

Sounds like a rumble in the jungle on the horizon. yes
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.10.14 11:08

sammyc wrote: I am beginning to think whitewash now even though I have held out for so long in the hope it wouldn't be.
@ sammyc

Maybe, then, it's time to re-run the 'Justice or Whitewash' poll that the forum-owner put up on the forum a year or so back:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8309-justice-or-whitewash?highlight=whitewash

At the moment, it's standing at:

Justice - 117 votes (56%)

Whitewash - 91 votes (44%).

I wonder if the votes might be quite different if the poll was re-run today?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 02.10.14 11:27

I've hoped we get justice for Madeleine but in the back of my mind I thought the outcome would be a whitewash. The reason is protection of fellow MPs, Ministers, Doctors etc.

These stories that we have heard about paedos in the last few years is all quite surprising and sometimes we only hear about them when a person dies.

I think it's been said that the whole system would collaspe if certain facts got out. I think certain facts have crept out but we can't do much about them atm. It would seem there are too many rotten apples in the barrel.

Having said all this I still think we should continue and in the distant future we may end up with a new workable, corrupt-free system.

Yesterday's chuckle...David Cameron said he promises access to GPs 24/7 in 2020...you'd need a telescope to see that promise!!
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 02.10.14 11:32

whatsupdoc wrote:I've hoped we get justice for Madeleine but in the back of my mind I thought the outcome would be a whitewash. The reason is protection of fellow MPs, Ministers, Doctors etc.

These stories that we have heard about paedos in the last few years is all quite surprising and sometimes we only hear about them when a person dies.

I think it's been said that the whole system would collaspe if certain facts got out. I think certain facts have crept out but we can't do much about them atm. It would seem there are too many rotten apples in the barrel.

Having said all this I still think we should continue and in the distant future we may end up with a new workable, corrupt-free system.

Yesterday's chuckle...David Cameron said he promises access to GPs 24/7 in 2020...you'd need a telescope to see that promise!!
7 years of this is just too much. 7 years ? How many more?  The girl died in the apartment - that much is plain to all.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 02.10.14 11:40

M Brunt's tweet

"At 2pm we will be hosting a Twitter Q&A with crime correspondent Martin Brunt on our exclusive story about the abuse Madeleine McCann's parents have suffered online. Tweet your questions using the hashtag #AskBrunt".

I will vote in the Justice or Whitewash poll, after this Twitter session.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.10.14 11:42

sallypelt wrote:M Brunt's tweet

"At 2pm we will be hosting a Twitter Q&A with crime correspondent Martin Brunt on our exclusive story about the abuse Madeleine McCann's parents have suffered online. Tweet your questions using the hashtag #AskBrunt".

I predict he will be sent more abuse.

"See...."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.10.14 11:50

whatsupdoc wrote:

That's a good point actually, isn't it the Conservative conference at the moment? Lots of bad news stories to cover up such as MP and donor defections to UKIP, and other assorted scares like Tesco fabricating their accounts.

Selling "The internet is bad, OK" to your average nonagenarian, Daily Hate reading Conservative party member probably gives them a warm glow of self validation so effective that it will see them through the winter without needing to tap into their £200 heating allowance. But they'll have it anyway, as it's their moral duty to stop it going to a benefits scrounger instead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 02.10.14 11:59

What's to say these Twitter accounts aren't Trojan horses created to make it look as though abuse was being perpetrated? If you can fake an abduction, not to difficult to fake hate and a sympathetic response, or even better, a clampdown of freedom of speech on the subject.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.10.14 12:27

Isn't it a bit odd for someone to bring a case of harassment / trolling/ threatening behaviour etc. on behalf of someone else?

Quite strange really that this person or persons can send all this evidence to the police of quite a minor crime (or is it?),  on of behalf of some third party and it gets investigated but when concerned members of the public submit evidence and well intentioned and competent analysis relating to a missing, probably murdered or abused child it's ignored.

Then again, this is the McCann case where everything that doesn't make sense is apparently the truth  help
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 02.10.14 12:34

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:What's to say these Twitter accounts aren't Trojan horses created to make it look as though abuse was being perpetrated? If you can fake an abduction, not to difficult to fake hate and a sympathetic response, or even better, a clampdown of freedom of speech on the subject.
Yes I wondered if that was the case. Anything possible here.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 02.10.14 12:40

ChippyM wrote:Isn't it a bit odd for someone to bring a case of harassment / trolling/ threatening behaviour etc. on behalf of someone else?

Quite strange really that this person or persons can send all this evidence to the police of quite a minor crime (or is it?),  on of behalf of some third party and it gets investigated but when concerned members of the public submit evidence and well intentioned and competent analysis relating to a missing, probably murdered or abused child it's ignored.

Then again, this is the McCann case where everything that doesn't make sense is apparently the truth  help
good post,does make you go hmmmm
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 02.10.14 12:57

Thanks Tiny.  'hmmmm'  and 'What the ....?' seem to describe this whole case very well.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 02.10.14 13:04

I find it amazing that someone can make a 'threat', even in a jokey way on Twitter (Paul Chambers anyone?) and get hauled in for serious questioning, yet the police will not act if someone is threatened or intimidated in person and reports it - a more genuine threat if ever I heard of one - until something concrete happens. 

It seems the authorities are far more touchy when it comes to the t'Iinternet than they are about what happens in real life. Maybe it's because they can't control it as we have just seen in the S&S case. Yes, they can put a tight lid on all awkward questions in the UK media, but people can discuss the McCann's to their heart's content online, and there isn't much they can do about it.

In my opinion.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristretto 02.10.14 13:14

Tony Bennett wrote:
sammyc wrote: I am beginning to think whitewash now even though I have held out for so long in the hope it wouldn't be.
@ sammyc

Maybe, then, it's time to re-run the 'Justice or Whitewash' poll that the forum-owner put up on the forum a year or so back:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8309-justice-or-whitewash?highlight=whitewash

At the moment, it's standing at:

Justice - 117 votes (56%)

Whitewash - 91 votes (44%).

I wonder if the votes might be quite different if the poll was re-run today?

Most definitely. There are 4,000 members on this forum.
The poll only has 200 votes.
If only half the forum members voted then it would send a clear message to the likes of the Met Police that things can't be brushed under the carpet.
Ristretto

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristretto 02.10.14 13:16

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:

That's a good point actually, isn't it the Conservative conference at the moment? Lots of bad news stories to cover up such as MP and donor defections to UKIP, and other assorted scares like Tesco fabricating their accounts.

Selling "The internet is bad, OK" to your average nonagenarian, Daily Hate reading Conservative party member probably gives them a warm glow of self validation so effective that it will see them through the winter without needing to tap into their £200 heating allowance. But they'll have it anyway, as it's their moral duty to stop it going to a benefits scrounger instead.

Bad timing then. The Tory Conference finished yesterday.

Ristretto

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 02.10.14 13:20

Sky news makes me laugh. They're nothing but ****stirrers for the sake of it, eg they spout about nasty 'trolls' photoshopping pictures. Then they go about constantly showing them on TV.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 02.10.14 13:28

sallypelt wrote:M Brunt's tweet

What exactly did/do the McCanns expect? They go away on holiday with three children (allegedly!) Come back with two. Insist that the missing child has been abducted. When there is no evidence for this. Give a version of events of what happened that has so many inconsistencies and contradictions it is farcical. Refuse to answer police questions - Kate. Sue anyone who questions their version of events. Openly declare their intense dislike of the detective who has tried to find out what happened to Madeleine.

And so on and so forth.

What exactly do they expect? To be treated like Gods and have laurel wreaths put around them?

Their behaviour is just insufferable. I can't believe that they are still so deluded that they think they are somehow still deserving of any kind of public sympathy.

From the very beginning there were a great many people who were intensely critical of their (lack of) babysitting arrangements. And they still are. Then, added to that group are many more people who have looked into their version of events. And don't believe them. And are asking why this farcical 'investigation' has been going on so long.

To come up with precisely - nothing (or at least nothing is admitted.) I guess that was the point? 

IMO.

Also, notice the wording used 'abuse suffered'. Here we go again. Poor grieving parents of an abducted child. 

No. They are the parents of a child who went missing in extremely suspicious circumstances. 

They have always been insufferable, imo, but their subsequent behaviour makes them even more odious. Why don't they just STFU?
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 02.10.14 13:30

MRNOODLES wrote:Sky news makes me laugh.  They're nothing but ****stirrers for the sake of it, eg  they spout about nasty 'trolls'  photoshopping pictures.  Then they go about constantly showing them on TV.

Yes. Agreed. They are stirring the pot.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top