The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Mm11

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Mm11

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Regist10

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Empty SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up

Post by Woofer 06.07.13 20:13

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/06/madeleien-mccann-investigation-stephen-birch_n_3551084.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Empty Re: SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up

Post by Guest 06.07.13 21:58

I think that most of us will agree with the glorious Mr Birch for once, even if not for the reasons he has.

Strange word "tike" to describe Madeleine. I had to look it up; one meaning is a young child but it also means "low, contemptible fellow"!

Also, referring to Madeleine on several occasions as "McCann" is just plain rude; I wouldn't even address her parents like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up Empty Re: SY Investigation slammed by Stephen Birch as a cover up

Post by lj 07.07.13 1:54

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think that most of us will agree with the glorious Mr Birch for once, even if not for the reasons he has.

Strange word "tike" to describe Madeleine. I had to look it up; one meaning is a young child but it also means "low, contemptible fellow"!

Also, referring to Madeleine on several occasions as "McCann" is just plain rude; I wouldn't even address her parents like that.

Hi NFWTD, that's funny. This week I had a long discussion with US journalist about this use of the last name. I had to verify an article, meant for the US market. I also thought it was very disrespectful, but I was told that if you did not do it that way it would look unprofessional"! Well, I guess our European mores are outdated, or maybe we are.

The word tike is indeed used in some parts of the US for a young child, about the same as toddler.

So maybe Mr Birch has picked up some American habits.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 07.07.13 2:12

My Welsh Grandmother referred to my brother and I as tykes.
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 8:26

Tike is also used in Yorkshire for a young child, although it's very rare you hear it now a days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 8:47

It wasn't Stephen Birch who used the word tike or referred to Madeleine by her surname but the journalist at the Huffington Post.

In my secondary school days many years ago, the boys were called by their surnames and the girls by their first names. Even then, the rudeness of it (not to mention the inequality) made me cringe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum