The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 03.05.16 6:10

 



Gonçalo Amaral: We must reconstruct Maddie's fateful night

Ms Tanner said she saw a man carrying a child in his arms cross a road by apartment 5a.

Scotland Yard officers have identified an innocent holidaymaker carrying a child there at the time as being the person Ms Tanner saw.
 
Mr Amaral said: “This is a crucial area for the reconstruction. We now know Scotland Yard have eliminated the man Jane Tanner saw carrying a child. It would be important for the person Scotland Yard has identified to take part in the reconstruction as this period of time is absolutely crucial.”

“We seem to be getting towards the end of the Operation Grange investigation, the last roll of the dice, so what is there to lose?”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral

PJ Files: The cancelled Reconstruction http://www.mccannfiles.com/id279.html





McCLIP Prospect of a RECONSTRUCTION does not APPEAL to Kate and Gerry
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 9433
Reputation : 4740
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by whatsupdoc on 03.05.16 7:47

Straight away @ 1.32 in the first video Gerry says "We have told everything in our statements..."

Just not true. Kate refused to answer the 48 questions.

Another video clip for Richard to edit as per the Pink in Oz lies video. This type of video gets over to the public all the lies being told by the McCanns in a very short space of time.

...and a thanks to HiDeHo for all her videos. smilie
avatar
whatsupdoc

Posts : 601
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Mirage on 03.05.16 10:15

As KM famously opined of her tapas friends "We were all kind of into each other. Had it been just me, Gerry and the  kids, we might have looked around a bit more, you know" !!!

That situation obviously didn't  change one iota when a reconstruction was requested. In fact they got lawyers to cement them further into each other ensuring no stone would be un-cracked

Ding-a-ling-a-ling: UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOUR ALERT!!!

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1902
Reputation : 757
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by HelenMeg on 03.05.16 10:26

Great video.
Very revealing and a good reminder of why we are all here.

Had the abduction been more than just a 'fabricated story' then there would have been no discussion about going -  everyone would have flocked there to help find Madeleine. No questions.

Instead we have parents and friends questioning the validity, the details, doing everything they can to ridicule it / prevent it...

Quite clearly we have a bunch of people who have been advised that they must not go ( as it will reveal their inconsistent story telling / shine the light on their lies etc) and that know that
there is no point in bothering anyway as nothing can help Madeleine. IMO.

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2014-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by pennylane on 03.05.16 10:54

@HelenMeg wrote:Great video.
Very revealing and a good reminder of why we are all here.

Had the abduction been more than just a 'fabricated story' then there would have been no discussion about going -  everyone would have flocked there to help find Madeleine. No questions.

Instead we have parents and friends questioning the validity, the details, doing everything they can to ridicule it / prevent it...

Quite clearly we have a bunch of people who have been advised that they must not go ( as it will reveal their inconsistent story telling / shine the light on their lies etc) and that know that
there is no point in bothering anyway as nothing can help Madeleine. IMO.

What a continual foot in mouth interview that was. The pair can never answer any real questions without hanging themselves out to dry.  I remember writing to Sian Williams (as did others) and congratulating her and Bill Turnball and indeed the BBC, for stepping up to the plate and asking some real questions. She wrote back and said 'she received a lot of flack, but at the end of the day we all just want to know what happened.' or words to that effect.

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by MRNOODLES on 03.05.16 11:00

*All together now, with the famous Meatloaf song*

"I'll do anything to search... but I won't do that"
avatar
MRNOODLES

Posts : 715
Reputation : 266
Join date : 2013-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by nglfi on 03.05.16 11:23

@MRNOODLES wrote:*All together now, with the famous Meatloaf song*

"I'll do anything to search... but I won't do that"
 
'Or that. ....or that.....'

nglfi

Posts : 429
Reputation : 168
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

We will not go because.....

Post by Yorkshirgel on 29.09.16 12:11

Not sure where I spotted these but thought they were interesting.  Sorry if repeated.

Excuses for why the Tapas group would not agree to a reconstruction in Portugal:


Matthew Oldfield

 We have concerns that it’s NOT really gonna add anything and
 maybe that if you were to play devil’s advocate and be very suspicious you
 might be saying it was JUST BEING DONE TO CREATE A PROBLEM AND CREATE INCONSISTENCIES.


 

Jane Tanner. 

 I cannot see how it could help Madeleine.  If it would I would be on the next ‘plane but I have some great concerns about the media and the, how the media will react to it, how that it will view it you know, will it just be another chance to have a dig at us.

 

Russel O’Brien

We would, in many respects, feel it would be absolutely mad to fly to Portugal, not just from the point of view some relatively minor concerns that, huh, you know, twelve months on a re-enactment with the people involved, you know, is unlikely to change the Case, but just because it will open us up to a massive tide of, of, of unwarranted abuse.

 

Diane Webster

 Well I mean I would do anything if I thought it was going to find Madeleine, I really would

 With the re-enactment, err it’s only what we’ve been told about, nothing official’s been err put to us at all. I don’t know really whether, whether a re-enactment would, unless it’s being televised.”  Would have any, whether it’ll have any effect on it at all. And I think it would also be quite distressing for Kate and Gerry to go through that.”

 

Rachael Oldfield

I don’t really see one why it needs to be done at all, and two why it has to be us, erm I mean you know, asking us as a group to go back and do that when it was, you know it was such a, an horrific event and certainly you know to be sitting around that table again and sort of pretending to go back and check the rooms and it would be, it would just be awful and you know, I mean much more difficult you know for Kate and, and Jane, erm you know than me anyway, erm don’t see why they can’t do it with actors”.

 Erm and I can’t really see what the material benefit to finding Madeleine would be doing that re-enactment”.

 

David Payne

”I will do anything in my powers that could be helpful to shed light on what happened to Madeleine or bring Madeleine back, or to change the status that Kate and Gerry find themselves in. Though saying that, we have concerns regarding going back err for a re-enactment and those points that we have you know raised in a letter which I believe is being forwarded to the Portuguese Police

 

Fiona Payne

I would do absolutely anything if I felt it was going to help bring, find Madeleine or find who took her. Erm, my reservations are, at this point, how doing the re-enactment is going to achieve that or advance the search in any way. We know that's not going to help find Madeleine, because we know, we were there, and we know we're telling the truth, so I wouldn't be happy to do it if that was the reason for doing it. I'd just like to be convinced how it's going to move the investigation on really, erm, to find Madeleine'. 


'Erm, so I just, I just don't see, I mean, in my eyes, doing it, it would be beneficial if actors and actresses did it because they don't have that emotion and you can still direct them to exactly what you were doing and where you went and your movements. So, so I still don't, we still haven't had an answer to that really, that side of it'. 


None of them - showed concern for Madeleine.  None of them put her above all else.

None were prepared to go to Portugal.

 
Looks like they must have been given a script/tick list.
avatar
Yorkshirgel

Posts : 78
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2016-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.09.16 12:30

David Payne

”I will do anything in my powers that could be helpful to shed light on what happened to Madeleine..."
---------------------------------

Oh, the 'irony'!

Interviewing Police Officer, DC 1485 MESSIAH "Is there anything that you consider pertinent or relevant to establish the material truth?'' (about a three years old child's 'disappearance')

David Payne reply "Err the, there are a few things but I don't think this is the right forum for bringing those up.'

Interviewing Police Officer, DC 1485 MESSIAH "Okay..."

Soooo very, VERY, 'helpful' Mr Payne!..............NOT!

Person Interviewed: David PAYNE
Place of Interview: Force Headquarters,
Date of Interview: 11.04.08

D Payne: "............you know because again this is something that we've talked about, you know, IF she (Madeleine) WAS abducted you know, sorry...."

if, IF?????

'you know'! winkwink

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5815
Reputation : 1657
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Yorkshirgel on 29.09.16 12:52

'....or to change the status that Kate and Gerry find themselves in.'



That was a deliberate choice of words imo.  It was to pretend that the phrase 'the situation that Madeleine found herself in' was used often.  ie Gerry was not actually blaming M for being in that situation.


They were quite happy to travel to Spain to do a reconstruction scripted by Gerry (who actually left Jane Tanner out), obviously because anything that might be incriminating could be winkled out.
avatar
Yorkshirgel

Posts : 78
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2016-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Phoebe on 23.03.17 1:26

Apologies if this point has already been debated. Have just watched Panorama again for first time in years. Gerry describes arriving at the tapas bar that night and there being one or two other couples already there to whom they chatted (Carpenter etc) Then these left and Gerry clearly says it was just us ie. the Tapas nine. If there was only them why the queuing to book a table? Why did Berry and Balu have to settle for a takeaway and go to the hassle of assembling travel cots with help from reception when there was only Gerry's gang dining from 9 onward? Where were the Irwins and Sperreys who had booked for that night? Were the latter there at all that night? Would n't they also have to attend for a full reconstruction?
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 472
Reputation : 504
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.03.17 1:53

@Phoebe wrote:Apologies if this point has already been debated. Have just watched Panorama again for first time in years. Gerry describes arriving at the tapas bar that night and there being one or two other couples already there to whom they chatted (Carpenter etc) Then these left and Gerry clearly says it was just us ie. the Tapas nine. If there was only them why the queuing to book a table? Why did Berry and Balu have to settle for a takeaway and go to the hassle of assembling travel cots with help from reception when there was only Gerry's gang dining from 9 onward? Where were the Irwins and Sperreys who had booked for that night? Were the latter there at all that night? Would n't they also have to attend for a full reconstruction?

WHY did they SAY on 30th April 2008:

Gerry McCann: "I think the worst thing is, we, kind of, almost thought about not going and, errm... and did. We weren't sure we were going to get into the Tapas, (to Kate) remember? And, errm..."

Kate McCann: "In fact, we were all..."

Gerry McCann: "But, you know..."
--------------------------

"We weren't sure we were going to get into the Tapas..."

'FORGETTING' that a table had been RESERVED, specifically for 'them' at 8:30pm.......EVERY NIGHT.... for the entire WEEK!

If 'anyone' was 'guaranteed' to 'get IN TO the tapas' ('that night')............it was THEM!
---------------

The 'problems' they've got, imo, is that:

"“Once you start with one lie, you have to make up a thousand lies to cover that one lie."

“Once started, there is NO turning back.”

and

"To be a great liar, you have to have a great 'memory'.............like wots I got, innit?"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5815
Reputation : 1657
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by JRP on 23.03.17 9:21

A full reconstruction would be very interesting to watch. The only question is, which version of events would they play out? Or who's version of events would they use as a narrative? Perhaps they could do a compilation of "The Best Of", and just use the more believable items from each member of the group.

Then of course DCI Redwood would need to bring his Crecheman along, auditions auditions.

So yeah, when you tell a lie, you have to tell more lies to cover up your own inaccuracies. And in this case you can times that by at least 9.

It's possibly best just to air Richard Halls films instead, and save the expense and embarrassment of a TV reconstruction, remakes are rarely better than the originals.

JRP

Posts : 464
Reputation : 404
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 60
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Captain_Pugwash on 24.03.17 12:21

It would be pretty pointless, the narrative would have to be taken from Kate's book, they have after all a pact of silence.
avatar
Captain_Pugwash

Posts : 91
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2017-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by MTSTAR on 24.03.17 18:25

@JRP wrote: laugh A full reconstruction would be very interesting to watch. The only question is, which version of events would they play out? Or who's version of events would they use as a narrative? Perhaps they could do a compilation of "The Best Of", and just use the more believable items from each member of the group.

Then of course DCI Redwood would need to bring his Crecheman along, auditions auditions.

So yeah, when you tell a lie, you have to tell more lies to cover up your own inaccuracies. And in this case you can times that by at least 9.

It's possibly best just to air Richard Halls films instead, and save the expense and embarrassment of a TV reconstruction, remakes are rarely better than the originals.


A 'best of'!  That's really tickled me. Could almost imagine them suggesting it.
Oh What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!
avatar
MTSTAR

Posts : 41
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by pennylane on 24.03.17 18:59

@MTSTAR wrote:
@JRP wrote: laugh A full reconstruction would be very interesting to watch. The only question is, which version of events would they play out? Or who's version of events would they use as a narrative? Perhaps they could do a compilation of "The Best Of", and just use the more believable items from each member of the group.

Then of course DCI Redwood would need to bring his Crecheman along, auditions auditions.

So yeah, when you tell a lie, you have to tell more lies to cover up your own inaccuracies. And in this case you can times that by at least 9.

It's possibly best just to air Richard Halls films instead, and save the expense and embarrassment of a TV reconstruction, remakes are rarely better than the originals.


A 'best of'!  That's really tickled me. Could almost imagine them suggesting it.
Oh What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!
Really tickled me too  spit coffee, although they are extremely valid points!

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by MTSTAR on 24.03.17 19:45

@pennylane wrote:
@MTSTAR wrote:
@JRP wrote: laugh A full reconstruction would be very interesting to watch. The only question is, which version of events would they play out? Or who's version of events would they use as a narrative? Perhaps they could do a compilation of "The Best Of", and just use the more believable items from each member of the group.

Then of course DCI Redwood would need to bring his Crecheman along, auditions auditions.

So yeah, when you tell a lie, you have to tell more lies to cover up your own inaccuracies. And in this case you can times that by at least 9.

It's possibly best just to air Richard Halls films instead, and save the expense and embarrassment of a TV reconstruction, remakes are rarely better than the originals.


A 'best of'!  That's really tickled me. Could almost imagine them suggesting it.
Oh What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!
Really tickled me too  spit coffee, although they are extremely valid points!


Absolutely!!
avatar
MTSTAR

Posts : 41
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

such telling facial expressions and suppressed anger imo

Post by worriedmum on 24.03.17 21:12

@pennylane wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:Great video.
Very revealing and a good reminder of why we are all here.

Had the abduction been more than just a 'fabricated story' then there would have been no discussion about going -  everyone would have flocked there to help find Madeleine. No questions.

Instead we have parents and friends questioning the validity, the details, doing everything they can to ridicule it / prevent it...

Quite clearly we have a bunch of people who have been advised that they must not go ( as it will reveal their inconsistent story telling / shine the light on their lies etc) and that know that
there is no point in bothering anyway as nothing can help Madeleine. IMO.

What a continual foot in mouth interview that was. The pair can never answer any real questions without hanging themselves out to dry.  I remember writing to Sian Williams (as did others) and congratulating her and Bill Turnball and indeed the BBC, for stepping up to the plate and asking some real questions. She wrote back and said 'she received a lot of flack, but at the end of the day we all just want to know what happened.' or words to that effect.
Wish I had thought of writing to Sian Williams at the time. Polite and persistent, she refused to be fobbed off and got her answers-for all to see. Great stuff!
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1804
Reputation : 400
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 24.03.17 21:16

So the McCanns won't be accepting an invitation to sit on their sofa any time soon then.

Best to stick to Piers and Lorraine's
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 9433
Reputation : 4740
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by RosieandSam on 25.03.17 8:24

It is worth watching the whole interview again 9 years on.

Kate and Gerry McCann BBC Breakfast May 1 2008 Part 1 of 2




Kate and Gerry McCann BBC Breakfast May 1 2008 Part 2 of 2

avatar
RosieandSam

Posts : 172
Reputation : 85
Join date : 2016-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by MTSTAR on 25.03.17 17:43

This is the first time I've seen this interview.  Something Gerry said struck me but I'm certain that I've read a comment about it here so apologies if I'm repeating an old post. It was about the crying issue.  He said that it was mentioned by Madeleine that she and Sean had been crying.  He said that neither he nor Kate knew what she meant but that it could have been when she was being put to bed.  Well surely he or Kate put her to bed.  Again apologies if I'm going over old ground but I'm a newbie
avatar
MTSTAR

Posts : 41
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by JRP on 25.03.17 21:14

The whole idea of dining out as a group is to enjoy yourself as a group, but if this scenario is to be believed, one adult leaves the table, trapes off to check the rooms, and by the time he/she returns, the next checker is almost due to set off.
This shuttle service depends on whos time scale you believe. Every 15 minutes or every 30 minutes? If it was every 15 minutes, they would be passing each other.

Why not simply engage the service which was on offer, why ruin a good evening with all the constant up and downs which would lead to cold food etc.

I've done group holidays with a gang of friends and very young kids back in the 1980's, one of ours was 3 on our first trip, if someone had suggested what this lot say they did, they'd have been laughed at.

I don't believe the scenario they suggest, I think arrangements were made about the evening childcare where the kids were in one room, and one person looked after them. Or perhaps someone not in the group, as such. Is that not more logical?

Now that would be worth making a reconstruction for on it's own.  spin

JRP

Posts : 464
Reputation : 404
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 60
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by suzyjohnson on 25.03.17 21:49

The situation regarding the reconstruction ...... that none of the group were prepared to go back to Portugal to assist ....... is in my opinion one of the main reasons for not believing their version of events.

I could never leave either my child, or the child of a friend (or any child) in a potentially terrible situation without doing everything I could to help the police with their enquiries.

Either this group of friends are some of the most selfish, insensitive people I've ever heard of, or they know very well that Madeleine is not in need of any assistance.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1192
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by plebgate on 25.03.17 22:18

@MTSTAR wrote:This is the first time I've seen this interview.  Something Gerry said struck me but I'm certain that I've read a comment about it here so apologies if I'm repeating an old post. It was about the crying issue.  He said that it was mentioned by Madeleine that she and Sean had been crying.  He said that neither he nor Kate knew what she meant but that it could have been when she was being put to bed.  Well surely he or Kate put her to bed.  Again apologies if I'm going over old ground but I'm a newbie
Yes, it was discussed by posters when the video was first seen and Hobs also posted about it this week on this site.

Sian Williams was excellent.   I would hazard a guess that she wont be chosen to do any interviews for the tenth anniversary.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 6026
Reputation : 1712
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and Tapas 7 won't participate in a reconstruction of Maddie's fateful night

Post by sandancer on 25.03.17 23:18

@suzyjohnson wrote:The situation regarding the reconstruction ...... that none of the group were prepared to go back to Portugal to assist ....... is in my opinion one of the main reasons for not believing their version of events.

I could never leave either my child, or the child of a friend (or any child) in a potentially terrible situation without doing everything I could to help the police with their enquiries.

Either this group of friends are some of the most selfish, insensitive people I've ever heard of, or they know very well that Madeleine is not in need of any assistance.


The fact that none of them were prepared to return​ , giving the​ most ridiculous​ excuses​ and unreasonable demands ( that the arguido be lifted !) They knew the stories of the Benny​ Hill running​ back and forth farce would never​ stand up in a reconstruction​ ! 

If I really needed​ them and my​ friends acted like that​ I would never speak to them​ again​ , yet the McCanns​ say nothing​ except " no one is looking for Madeleine " . No , because you and your friends made sure​ things​ could go no further .

As for the "where were you when me and Sean were​ crying " story​ the one where she " dropped it , moved on " ( insert​ lip curl ) . 
We only have their​ word for it actually happening​ and as they've lied consistently from the beginning well? 
Then later it was used for the " abductor " doing​ a dry run the previous​ night​ you know the​ one that had been​ hanging​ around watching them 

Mills and Boon have nothing on these two !

____________________
Be humble for you​ are made​ of earth . Be noble for you​ are made of stars .
avatar
sandancer

Posts : 486
Reputation : 740
Join date : 2016-02-18
Age : 64
Location : Tyneside

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum