The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Regist10

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by MRNOODLES 27.10.13 12:28

Having a good look around the interweb.  It's actually rather surprising there's a number of people blowing this off as a non story. 

I would've thought even the most fanatic of McCann supporters will have the intelligence to read the article and conclude burying a genuine line of enquiry is highly suspicious.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by Bishop Brennan 27.10.13 12:31

Hongkong Phooey wrote:The emphasis on the web at the moment is all on the hidden e-fits, the other findings are actually just as big if not bigger. They concluded similar to Amaral that there was a distinct possibility of accidental death (then presumably a cover up ) Also the timeline and statements were not correct.
The problem for all the investigators though is that there doesn't seem to be enough hard evidence (and of course no Madeline) in order to prosecute anybody for anything.  And for as long as that is the case, the McCann's can say that at any point from 9:20pm onwards, an intruder could easily have gone into the apartment via the unlocked patio door, taken Maddie and disappeared into a waiting car. 

It would only take a few minutes and leave no real trace - thanks to the door being left unlocked and the fact that the patio steps lead directly to the road. 

Clearly it is almost beyond belief that anyone would leave the apartment unlocked in such circumstances, but that is the claim.  

As such, the "smithman" could be a red herring.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 27.10.13 12:32

This is STILL on the McCanns website!!!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 111110

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.10.13 12:32

pennylane wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:I can't see anything else relating to this in other newspapers.

I'm impressed with the Times for being the first newspaper, in a long time, to write something that isn't glowing about the McCanns.
Very impressed indeed!thumbup 

I do hope the 'twitterers' start spreading this news far and wide!
Because it's behind a paywall, it is not that easy to link to it
Oh drats!  I hope a kind techi finds a way to get it out there, because this needs to be seen by the world!
You can copy and paste it.

I've just posted it on Facebook.
Superb! high5
Only on my personal Facebook page, but the last time I posted (recently) a piece about Kate McCann not answering the 48 questions, there was interest from a number of people to whom this was news ......big grin

Yep, finger definitely out of the dyke now, as somebody else said (that was exactly the image I had when I read this report in the early hours .....)

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:33

Searcher wrote:I find it interesting that the Oakley report includes mention of Madeleine's sleeping patterns as 'sensitive'.  I think a hearty breakfast is indicated this morning.  Well done Times, well done.yes
Yes - let's not forget that: an obvious point completely neglected by the mass media usually (the star chart at home and all that).
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 27.10.13 12:33

MRNOODLES wrote:Having a good look around the interweb.  It's actually rather surprising there's a number of people blowing this off as a non story. 

I would've thought even the most fanatic of McCann supporters will have the intelligence to read the article and conclude burying a genuine line of enquiry is highly suspicious.
Those that dismiss this information are exhibiting extremely dubious intentions.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 27.10.13 12:34

It's on the McCann controversy FB Page since last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 27.10.13 12:36

bristow wrote:This is STILL on the McCanns website!!!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 111110
When you look back now it's clear why the McCann's had the need to plug bundleman !

@ 4.00 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOidpDzY-Js.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 27.10.13 12:37

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:The emphasis on the web at the moment is all on the hidden e-fits, the other findings are actually just as big if not bigger. They concluded similar to Amaral that there was a distinct possibility of accidental death (then presumably a cover up ) Also the timeline and statements were not correct.
The problem for all the investigators though is that there doesn't seem to be enough hard evidence (and of course no Madeline) in order to prosecute anybody for anything.  And for as long as that is the case, the McCann's can say that at any point from 9:20pm onwards, an intruder could easily have gone into the apartment via the unlocked patio door, taken Maddie and disappeared into a waiting car. 

It would only take a few minutes and leave no real trace - thanks to the door being left unlocked and the fact that the patio steps lead directly to the road. 

Clearly it is almost beyond belief that anyone would leave the apartment unlocked in such circumstances, but that is the claim.  
As such, the "smithman" could be a red herring.
It was stated initially that the doors were locked, the McCanns changed their story after after a few days, they also stated there was a break in
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangledweb 27.10.13 12:37

Yes I agree, the focus will shift on the fact that the PI's were in agreement with the PJ's...there is so much in that article to fan the flames...bet things are tense in Rothley Towers...
Tangledweb

Activity : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 27.10.13 12:39

susible wrote:
Miraflores wrote:Has anyone any idea why the Sunday Times have broken ranks now? 
Presumably they can't be Carter Rucked if they can prove that what they have printed is true?
Shouldn't think so, SY will be well aware of the deliberate attempt to hide the information.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Mc's and Carter Ruck have parted ways by now, if only because I doubt the Mc's will be able to afford them.
Yet despite being aware of the suppression of the e-fits AR, rather than pulling the McCs in for some detailed questioning, went along with the CW programme.  During which he stated that the e-fits and later abduction timing were new and and indeed revelatory, while knowing that the e-fits had been produced 5 years ago and had been in the hands of the McCs all that time.  The fact that what may have been vital evidence was kept back for 5 years and why that was done do not appear to have any significance for AR.  He seems to have accepted this unquestioningly and simply moved the timescale forward while ruling out the JT sighting, so feverishly promoted by the Team.  Meanwhile no-one has anything to say about the loss of this cherished sighting, when the fact they have been going up a blind alley on the strength of that testimony for 6+ years with a child still missing, is of major significance.  The way SY have handled this is frankly disturbing.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:40

SeeIyay wrote:ST Insight is one of the few remaining old school journo's still in print media.  Back in the 60's they broke thalidomide and recently cash for votes at FIFA.  Sueing this lot is a  totally different proposition.  They have a reputation for old school criteria in journalism. 1. They don't release without the old criteria of validity. 2. They always give a right to reply before print ('Hi it's the insight team here we are planning to run a story tomorrow about ...and wondered if you would comment').
They are also known for campaigns and 3-4 parters on a big story.  Always look for the 'trailers' in the article.  Here's one:'An earlier sighting by one of the McCanns’ friends was dismissed as less credible after “serious inconsistencies” were found in her evidence. The report also raised questions about “anomalies” in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends.'  
This means the team have material on inconsistencies ready for next week.  Expect stories in the week that 'the ST Insight team will say that...' When whistleblowers know the insight team will run their story it's a gamechanger.  These guys are corduroy jacketed, shoe leathered bloodhounds.  Sometimes you cant beat old media.
Yes, that sounds quite possible, although the Carter Ruck letters are presumably already flying...
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.10.13 12:40

bristow wrote:This is STILL on the McCanns website!!!

I should think updating their website is somewhat well down their list of priorities at the moment .....

I have no sympathy with them at all.

Even if Smithman has no connection whatsoever to Gerry McCann, and even if the McCanns are totally innocent of anything whatsoever to do with the disappearance of their daughter, withholding crucial evidence which could have helped find out five years ago what happened to their daughter, on top of Kate McCann's refusal to answer questions and their refusal to return for a reconstruction, is absolutely damning in my view.

Just realised my last paragraph doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean hopefully.

And not just not releasing vital information, but actually TAKING LEGAL STEPS TO SUPPRESS IT!!!

How on earth can anybody spin this to put a positive slant on it for the McCanns?

nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:42

One possible connection I made...Coulson and Brooks (ex Murdoch employees) are up for trial on Monday. If one thing could be done to help them in a way that didn't compromise judicial rules, it would be to undermine the testimony of those who appeared for the suppression of the free media at Leveson. The McCanns were of course prominent among those seeking to muzzle the press.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 27.10.13 12:43

nobodythereeither wrote:
pennylane wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:I can't see anything else relating to this in other newspapers.

I'm impressed with the Times for being the first newspaper, in a long time, to write something that isn't glowing about the McCanns.
Very impressed indeed!thumbup 

I do hope the 'twitterers' start spreading this news far and wide!
Because it's behind a paywall, it is not that easy to link to it
Oh drats!  I hope a kind techi finds a way to get it out there, because this needs to be seen by the world!
You can copy and paste it.

I've just posted it on Facebook.
Superb! high5
Only on my personal Facebook page, but the last time I posted (recently) a piece about Kate McCann not answering the 48 questions, there was interest from a number of people to whom this was news ......big grin

Yep, finger definitely out of the dyke now, as somebody else said (that was exactly the image I had when I read this report in the early hours .....)
Well done, NTE airkiss

Hopefully there will be loud Gasp...ars from the crowd too!hello
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.10.13 12:43

I wonder how Dave Edgar's cornflakes went down this morning. Dave Edgar who gave evidence in defence of the McCanns at the Lisbon libel trial and said he was the only professional investigator (words to that effect).

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie1 27.10.13 12:44

Okeydokey wrote:Some further thoughts:-

1. Won't this provide tremendous backing for those complaining about the untruthful nature of the BBC Crimewash programme?

2. The Sunday Times took care to quote in big font the following in a panel within the article:

"The report also raised questions about “anomalies” in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends"
I beleive this was a deliberate ploy by SY and DCI Redmond. I also think relations between SY and the PJ are a lot closer than the McCanns have been led to believe. Remember DCI Redwood said on CW that this was for Madeleine, be won't cover up, he has put Madeleine first. He is no McCann supporter, he wants justice and the truth, the same as Goncalo Amaral wanted, so please posters treat him with the same respect.
Ollie1

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:44

Monty Heck wrote:
susible wrote:
Miraflores wrote:Has anyone any idea why the Sunday Times have broken ranks now? 
Presumably they can't be Carter Rucked if they can prove that what they have printed is true?
Shouldn't think so, SY will be well aware of the deliberate attempt to hide the information.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Mc's and Carter Ruck have parted ways by now, if only because I doubt the Mc's will be able to afford them.
Yet despite being aware of the suppression of the e-fits AR, rather than pulling the McCs in for some detailed questioning, went along with the CW programme.  During which he stated that the e-fits and later abduction timing were new and and indeed revelatory, while knowing that the e-fits had been produced 5 years ago and had been in the hands of the McCs all that time.  The fact that what may have been vital evidence was kept back for 5 years and why that was done do not appear to have any significance for AR.  He seems to have accepted this unquestioningly and simply moved the timescale forward while ruling out the JT sighting, so feverishly promoted by the Team.  Meanwhile no-one has anything to say about the loss of this cherished sighting, when the fact they have been going up a blind alley on the strength of that testimony for 6+ years with a child still missing, is of major significance.  The way SY have handled this is frankly disturbing.
Yeah, I don't think Redwood's out of the woods so to speak.  The Sunday Times article will certainly be a revelation moment for millions who realise the Crimewash programme was duping them.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 27.10.13 12:45

I think thye are like the proverbial sinking ship. Being deserted left right and centre and if Carter Ruck have already leapt no fear of a big law suit being slapped
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.10.13 12:46

Monty Heck wrote:
susible wrote:
Sorry, I disagree.

SY have to get hard evidence, and they have to do whatever they have to do to get it, which probably includes keeping the McCanns sweet to some extent.

And carefully wording statements (as have the Portuguese police) to make it look as if they are following the abduction theory.

I do worry somewhat how the ST revelations today will affect the McCanns' stated willingness to take part in a reconstruction in Portugal, if they begin to realise that they have been well and truly rumbled.

What will they do now?

And why have none of the other papers taken this up, at least online?

nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 27.10.13 12:46

nobodythereeither wrote:And not just not releasing vital information, but actually TAKING LEGAL STEPS TO SUPPRESS IT!!!

How on earth can anybody spin this to put a positive slant on it for the McCanns?

Yes - this is really difficult for them. They actually made an error by not releasing the e-fits, as then their story could have been that they suppressed only the "unhelpful" parts.  But by suppressing everything (for 5 years!), they have no story to spin...
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 27.10.13 12:46

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 13 13850210

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.10.13 12:47

Okeydokey wrote:One possible connection I made...Coulson and Brooks (ex Murdoch employees) are up for trial on Monday. If one thing could be done to help them in a way that didn't compromise judicial rules, it would be to undermine the testimony of those who appeared for the suppression of the free media at Leveson. The McCanns were of course prominent among those seeking to muzzle the press.
Good point!
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:47

Ollie1 wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:Some further thoughts:-

1. Won't this provide tremendous backing for those complaining about the untruthful nature of the BBC Crimewash programme?

2. The Sunday Times took care to quote in big font the following in a panel within the article:

"The report also raised questions about “anomalies” in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends"
I beleive this was a deliberate ploy by SY and DCI Redmond. I also think relations between SY and the PJ are a lot closer than the McCanns have been led to believe. Remember DCI Redwood said on CW that this was for Madeleine, be won't cover up, he has put Madeleine first. He is no McCann supporter, he wants justice and the truth, the same as Goncalo Amaral wanted, so please posters treat him with the same respect.
It would be nice to think so, but I am not so sure. Where Police have played media games in the past, they haven't actively participated in spreading mistruths. I desperately hope you're right. Certainly Redwood must have seen within the first week that Team McCann's version was a collander job - full of holes. What he's been doing for the last 2 years, I've no idea really.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 27.10.13 12:49

Bishop Brennan wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:And not just not releasing vital information, but actually TAKING LEGAL STEPS TO SUPPRESS IT!!!

Yes - this is really difficult for them. They actually made an error by not releasing the e-fits, as then their story could have been that they suppressed only the "unhelpful" parts.  But by suppressing everything (for 5 years!), they have no story to spin...
Even Clarrie has run out of excuses...once it was "no watches, no mobiles" now it's "no story, no spin..."
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top