The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Mm11

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Mm11

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Regist10

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Empty "Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!

Post by PeterMac 12.03.12 12:29

Mail today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2113440/Forgotten-baby-syndrome-It-unthinkable--accidentally-leaving-baby-hours-lots-busy-parents-devastating-consequences.html#comments

Forgotten baby syndrome
It seems unthinkable - accidentally leaving your baby for hours, but lots of busy parents do it with devastating consequences
During these hectic times, many things can slip your mind - but could you ever forget your own child?

SNIP While there have been no fatal cases of Forgotten Baby Syndrome reported in the UK, ...
SNIP campaigners also believe it is caused by stress and trying to juggle too much. Researchers have found several factors, such as sleep deprivation, marital problems and certain medications can affect the prefrontal cortex, which is one of the most critical parts of the brain used for multi-tasking.
Now there is an interesting list !

Comments include
But the couples in Portugal left their 3 children deliberately, every night for a week - or so they told the world.
- PM, Ronda, Spain, Rating 14
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

"Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   Empty Re: "Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!

Post by Liz Eagles 12.03.12 12:40

Forgotten Baby Syndrome = FBS or F BS (I prefer the latter but I'm far too much of a lady to say what I think it stands for) "Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   110921
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 12.03.12 20:05

aquila wrote:Forgotten Baby Syndrome = FBS or F BS (I prefer the latter but I'm far too much of a lady to say what I think it stands for) "Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   110921

I don't mind being thought of as unladylike - did you mean bull number 2's by chance or have I missed the plot?
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 13.03.12 1:01

I did very briefly leave my newborn outside the bank in her pram 31 years ago (back in the days when you left your babies outside shops in small villages). Got halfway across the car park, met a friend who asked where the baby was and was absolutely mortified that I had forgotten her. Don't think I have ever run so fast, I was petrified!
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.03.12 1:17

Genbug wrote:I did very briefly leave my newborn outside the bank in her pram 31 years ago (back in the days when you left your babies outside shops in small villages). Got halfway across the car park, met a friend who asked where the baby was and was absolutely mortified that I had forgotten her. Don't think I have ever run so fast, I was petrified!

My sister did the same with her newborn over 40 years ago. She went to the shops and as you say it was back in the days when you left your pram outside the shops quite safely (oh if only those days would come back) and walked home. She too was mortified. My Mum arrived at the same grocers a few minutes after my sister and stopped to coo at a baby in a pram to find out it was her granddaughter ha ha ha. The grocer thought it was amusing. BUT - it could hardly be called a syndrome. Nowadays we are living in a much crueller world where most of us are afraid to let our children out of our sight and we're aware of the dangers of leaving a child. I think parents have a much tougher time and cope with much more stress/pressure but forgetting your baby cannot imo be given the syndrome tag. Just my opinion.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug 13.03.12 11:01

aquila wrote:
Genbug wrote:I did very briefly leave my newborn outside the bank in her pram 31 years ago (back in the days when you left your babies outside shops in small villages). Got halfway across the car park, met a friend who asked where the baby was and was absolutely mortified that I had forgotten her. Don't think I have ever run so fast, I was petrified!

My sister did the same with her newborn over 40 years ago. She went to the shops and as you say it was back in the days when you left your pram outside the shops quite safely (oh if only those days would come back) and walked home. She too was mortified. My Mum arrived at the same grocers a few minutes after my sister and stopped to coo at a baby in a pram to find out it was her granddaughter ha ha ha. The grocer thought it was amusing. BUT - it could hardly be called a syndrome. Nowadays we are living in a much crueller world where most of us are afraid to let our children out of our sight and we're aware of the dangers of leaving a child. I think parents have a much tougher time and cope with much more stress/pressure but forgetting your baby cannot imo be given the syndrome tag. Just my opinion.

Morning aquila, obviously there is a huge difference between briefly absent-mindedly forgetting your baby and deliberately leaving them alone for long periods. Apart from those brief few moments when I temporarily forgot I had a baby parked outside the bank, mine were never left alone. When they were sleeping I had a baby monitor and when they were in the garden I was either with them or watching them out of the kitchen window. Maybe I AM over protective, but I don't care! My seven year old grandson knows that when I collect him from school he is to hold my hand most of the way home. He doesn't like it, but he does it anyway because he knows what a worrier I am along the roads (and we are talking sleepy village roads, not main roads!).

IS it much different now to the way it was 30-odd years ago when we left our babies outside shops? Are there more paedophiles and nutty people about now than there was then? Or have we just become more aware of them and it has become an unacceptable thing to do? Is a baby more likely to be stolen now than it was back then? I don't know. I just know that back then I never gave it a second thought, there were always a row of prams outside shops and old ladies would go up to them and tickle them under the chin or rock them in the pram if they were crying. How and when did things change?
Genbug

Activity : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.03.12 12:40

I don't think it was any safer in years gone by to leave babies in prams outside shops. It was of course very rare for anything untoward to happen but I can recall several instances when babies were taken. Even after nearly 40 years I can still remember the name Kristen Bullen. She was taken from her pram in 1973 and found a few days later abandoned in woods. Somehow she survived.

Two or three years earlier there were two babies taken at almost the same time. My mother instinctively felt that one of the mothers was responsible and the other wasn't. She turned out to be right. I wonder what she'd have made of the McCanns!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.03.12 13:32

Jean wrote:I don't think it was any safer in years gone by to leave babies in prams outside shops. It was of course very rare for anything untoward to happen but I can recall several instances when babies were taken. Even after nearly 40 years I can still remember the name Kristen Bullen. She was taken from her pram in 1973 and found a few days later abandoned in woods. Somehow she survived.

Two or three years earlier there were two babies taken at almost the same time. My mother instinctively felt that one of the mothers was responsible and the other wasn't. She turned out to be right. I wonder what she'd have made of the McCanns!

Your mother would have probably been right this time too. "Forgotten Baby Syndrome " !!!!   725573
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum