The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Mm11

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Mm11

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Regist10

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Empty Re: Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case

Post by crusader 24.06.24 21:31

He camped out for 6 nights on Rocha Negra, taking water and a few supplies, each night moving to a different location hoping to see Gerry and Kate.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6796

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case  - Page 19 Empty Re: Norwegian ex-military detective claims to have solved Madeleine case

Post by Ladyinred 24.06.24 21:48

Did he see them, or is that reveal for later?

I thought he'd been hiding-out there for weeks!
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1829

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 24.06.24 22:01

Been reading it for about three hours today.

It's good so far.

Slight niggle though... he needed an editor as it could have been trimmed a bit.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 825

crusader, Cake Lover and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.06.24 22:12

It might spoil it for those who haven't read it yet if I tell you what or who he saw.
crusader
crusader

Nina, Ladyinred, Cake Lover, GreenTara and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.06.24 22:20

Bluebagthepirate wrote:Been reading it for about three hours today.

It's good so far.

Slight niggle though... he needed an editor as it could have been trimmed a bit.
Did you start at the beginning or, like me, at page 603 where he starts his field investigation? I couldnt wait to get to the juicy bits.

Yes, I had a few niggles - from years of editing Peter's e-book - I picked up some things too that was a bit of a distraction. But, come on, over 850 pages...I think he's done brilliantly to carry out this extraordinary investigation over many years, diligently record his work, then put it all together in such a 'brick' of a book.

Operation Brick Phase 3 soon...

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MAGA  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43580

Nina, crusader, GreenTara and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Honesty 24.06.24 22:42

crusader wrote:It might spoil it for those who haven't read it yet if I tell you what or who he saw.
I must admit I'd love to know but not if it will spoil it for others.
Honesty
Honesty

Activity : 140

Nina and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.06.24 23:00

Honesty wrote:
crusader wrote:It might spoil it for those who haven't read it yet if I tell you what or who he saw.
I must admit I'd love to know but not if it will spoil it for others.
Me too...I'd love to hear other people's views. Give us something to debate.

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MAGA  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.06.24 23:03

Bernt doesn't name 'the golden nuggets'...he refers to them as Mr and Mrs Nugget. They will know who Bernt is referring to, though, as will the McCanns.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.06.24 23:13

crusader wrote:He camped out for 6 nights on Rocha Negra, taking water and a few supplies, each night moving to a different location hoping to see Gerry and Kate.
Wow that will have been very difficult for many different reasons so I am delighted that he got a result. No spoilers I will wait for the video evidence though my nails will be chewed down to the quick.

Activity : 3423

Shash T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.06.24 23:14

On the front and back covers it says 'Caution Game Over'.

The Golden Nuggets = 'game over'.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.06.24 23:18

Jill Havern wrote:Bernt doesn't name 'the golden nuggets'...he refers to them as Mr and Mrs Nugget. They will know who Bernt is referring to, though, as will the McCanns.
It is a very large and very public area so anyone could wander about with a dog or a family picnic or a bit of extra marital so was he expecting certain people and his expectations obliged or was it a matter of no expectations but then people turned up and it was an ''oh my word'' moment for him. Again no spoilers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.06.24 23:24

He sent anonymous emails to the McCanns telling them that people were scoping the area (where he found what he thought was evidence of a burial site or memorial)...then the Nuggets turned up and they were caught on the hidden field cameras. The Nuggets live in Portugal whereas the McCanns are in the UK...so the McCanns sent the Nuggets to check it out.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina, Shash T and GeorgeB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.06.24 23:29

He's gone to extraordinary efforts to find the truth,
I can't see any of it standing up in court though.
If he did capture the McCann's on film, they could just say they were looking for Madeleine couldn't they?, 
Unless he caught them digging up her remains and taking them away, that would be proof.
I remember Ian Brady taking a picture of Myra Hindley crouching down and they found one of their victims at that spot, so perhaps  it could happen the same way.
crusader
crusader

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 25.06.24 7:22

Jill Havern wrote:
Bluebagthepirate wrote:Been reading it for about three hours today.

It's good so far.

Did you start at the beginning or, like me, at page 603 where he starts his field investigation? I couldnt wait to get to the juicy bits.

Yes, I had a few niggles - from years of editing Peter's e-book - I picked up some things too that was a bit of a distraction. But, come on, 850 pages...I think he's done brilliantly to carry out this extraordinary investigation over many years, diligently record his work, then put it all together in such a 'brick' of a book.

Operation Brick Phase 3 soon...
I started at the beginning.

I said it was only a slight niggle.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 825

Shash T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.06.24 8:07

Yes, I know...I was actually telling myself off because I said I had a few niggles that caused a distraction  big grin

I would imagine other people will also find a few niggles.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.06.24 10:08

"War and Peace" has a few niggles, and could certainly have done with editing down.  1,200 pages. The audio version takes over 60 HOURS.  It will take a normal person about two months to read
It too is several different stories interwoven in a strange way, but following the same broad track through history.

This is not a novel. It is a first attempt at an account of a long investigation, with evidence presented in great detail so that there shall be no misunderstanding, and no suggestion that the author is simply following his "beliefs" or some pre-set agenda.   It was also NOT written in Brendt's First Language.

My style is to include large volumes of references and quotes in Appendices.    But that only works for short Chapters or dissertations.   In a work of this length no one would bother turning back and forth to check the exact wording of each quote, and the danger with that is that the reader might then be able to dismiss the theme as invention or misunderstanding or 'out of context' interpretation.  Or would simply miss the importance of a single word IN its context

This is especially true of the Rogatories, which are verbatim records of the tape recordings, including all the "ums, errs, like, well yer 'now" we hear in normal speech but to which we pay little attention. Here we have to, since the context becomes the important thing.
They are the written version of a Polygraph, a lie detector, but operating on the verbal channel only.   The original tapes would be even more interesting as they would reveal pauses, and voice inflection.  
The videos, for example of Gerry being interviewed, provide the verbal channel but then also a physiological channel as his nose begins to "prickle", or his ears get hot as the adrenaline level peaks suddenly.  What we see is his touching them as a reflex.  We do not need the print out of a polygraph to tell us what was happening.

In the world of Poker they are called "tells" and many years ago this forum published sheets of photos, which some of us still have.

That is why the Brick has to be so long.   And heavy.   
And why it is important to read it all, carefully, however irritating we may find the repetition.

But Good Luck ! ! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And measure the angle at which Kate is leaning AWAY from Gerry . . . Spine at 10-15º.  Head at 25º
She KNOWS.   And does not want to  be there.
She wants, as she has told us, to "shout the truth from the rooftops"
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Jill Havern, Nina, sandancer, Ladyinred, Bluebagthepirate, Cake Lover, Honesty and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.06.24 10:24

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Nina, sparkyhorrox, crusader, GreenTara and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 25.06.24 12:27

PeterMac wrote:"War and Peace" has a few niggles, and could certainly have done with editing down.  1,200 pages. The audio version takes over 60 HOURS.  It will take a normal person about two months to read
It too is several different stories interwoven in a strange way, but following the same broad track through history.

This is not a novel. It is a first attempt at an account of a long investigation, with evidence presented in great detail so that there shall be no misunderstanding, and no suggestion that the author is simply following his "beliefs" or some pre-set agenda.   It was also NOT written in Brendt's First Language.

My style is to include large volumes of references and quotes in Appendices.    But that only works for short Chapters or dissertations.   In a work of this length no one would bother turning back and forth to check the exact wording of each quote, and the danger with that is that the reader might then be able to dismiss the theme as invention or misunderstanding or 'out of context' interpretation.  Or would simply miss the importance of a single word IN its context

This is especially true of the Rogatories, which are verbatim records of the tape recordings, including all the "ums, errs, like, well yer 'now" we hear in normal speech but to which we pay little attention. Here we have to, since the context becomes the important thing.
They are the written version of a Polygraph, a lie detector, but operating on the verbal channel only.   The original tapes would be even more interesting as they would reveal pauses, and voice inflection.  
The videos, for example of Gerry being interviewed, provide the verbal channel but then also a physiological channel as his nose begins to "prickle", or his ears get hot as the adrenaline level peaks suddenly.  What we see is his touching them as a reflex.  We do not need the print out of a polygraph to tell us what was happening.

In the world of Poker they are called "tells" and many years ago this forum published sheets of photos, which some of us still have.

That is why the Brick has to be so long.   And heavy.   
And why it is important to read it all, carefully, however irritating we may find the repetition.

But Good Luck ! ! 

And measure the angle at which Kate is leaning AWAY from Gerry . . . Spine at 10-15º.  Head at 25º
She KNOWS.   And does not want to  be there.
She wants, as she has told us, to "shout the truth from the rooftops"
He looks like a man crawling with lice yuk. Does Kate show these signs when  she is telling lies? I can't say I have noticed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.06.24 12:44

She does plenty of hand and knee holding, gurning, exaggerating, fake crying, whooshing, clucking, telling of porky pies and inappropriate smiling and laughing at the wrong times.

Oh, and jogging to goodness knows where  winkwink

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina and GreenTara like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 25.06.24 14:36

Hi everyone , my first post on this thread, just to say I bought the brick and was lucky to receive it a week earlier than expected, I started to read it from the start although ended up cheating by reading the 2nd part, I have to say it gave me goose bumps in parts! also sly chuckle’s in how Bernt ‘s use of his secret codes to seduce them in. Brilliant! He deffo mastered playing the long game and has amazing patience and resilience slowly slowly catch the monkey as they , I have to say I have my own suspicion who the golden nuggets are, at least one of them I believe will be known to us right from the start of this but that’s just my own hunch is and potentially the description could fit I post on a gossip site where the case gets discussed and it’s believed that journalists lift their info from , what I have noticed there is an all of a sudden lack of interest and posts on it recently especially from the parents are not involved crowd normally they are condemning views,
Fingers x Bernt has opened up the can of worms finally
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.06.24 14:52

Peter Mac makes reference to the rogatory interviews which were conducted in Leicestershire. One of these interviews was unavailable due to a whoops moment technical equipment error in the largest international missing person case mobbed by the media.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Silentscope, Bluebagthepirate and Cake Lover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 25.06.24 14:57

"No man can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips."

Source: https://quotelers.com/books/6658-the-interpretation-of-murder

From Gerrys Bedtime reading...
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 3004

crusader and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 25.06.24 15:12

Jill Havern wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She does plenty of hand and knee holding, gurning, exaggerating, fake crying, whooshing, clucking, telling of porky pies and inappropriate smiling and laughing at the wrong times.

She does a lot of exaggerated sighing too and raising the shoulders. And the whining voice.

Shash T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.06.24 15:26

Nina wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She does a lot of exaggerated sighing too and raising the shoulders. And the whining voice.
Sitting on Oprah's sofa was a PR disaster
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.06.24 16:05

Getting on a plane to see the Pope was a PR disaster.

Holding candlelit vigils outside an Anglican church in a Leicestershire village was a PR disaster.

Giving interviews on UK television sofas to speak about fearing leaving twins in the car to pay for petrol was a PR disaster.

Promoting Missing People was a PR disaster.

Speaking to national newspapers and including the twins and their school was a PR disaster.

So many disasters, Kate must surely be exhausted and I mean that in a kind way.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 25.06.24 20:17

I think I'm correct in saying that members of her family, and perhaps of Gerry's family, went to  join in the 'search, but spent their time  in the swimming pool, and sunbathing. That's also a  PR disaster.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2730

Liz Eagles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 25.06.24 21:17

Liz Eagles wrote:Getting on a plane to see the Pope was a PR disaster.

Holding candlelit vigils outside an Anglican church in a Leicestershire village was a PR disaster.

Giving interviews on UK television sofas to speak about fearing leaving twins in the car to pay for petrol was a PR disaster.

Promoting Missing People was a PR disaster.

Speaking to national newspapers and including the twins and their school was a PR disaster.

So many disasters, Kate must surely be exhausted and I mean that in a kind way.
Looking up the page of the photos of Kate taken from her many appearances she spends a lot of time with her eyes closed whilst Gerry remains open eyed though scratching and pulling. She must be exhausted as you so rightly say but she could have told ''the'' truth years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 25.06.24 21:29

That's what I think; why didn't she? Compare telling the truth to years, perhaps the rest of your life, with  the way you have been living  since Madeleine's 'disappearance'. It would be easier to face the consequences of what happened, pay the penalty, if there is one, and wait for it to fade in people's memory. Almost everything does, after all. Something worse always comes along. Perhaps  that's a simplistic view though.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shash T 25.06.24 21:36

Jill Havern wrote:To make a decsion to hide your daughter's corpse, rather than alert the authorities certainly must have been an act of madness.

If Maddie suffered a tragic fall on the Sunday but didn't die until the Wednesday, makes me think the McCanns are more evil that I first thought.

Maddie would have needed more than Calpol for a potential haematoma. In which case, did they manage to obtain something stronger or did they just so happen to have some in their luggage?

Which takes me right back to my original pre-planned theory that I can't shake off.

I keep questioning that if it was all just a terrible accident, then how can they look so carefree after the event?  Which, in turn, reminds me of Tigger's purported theory, many years ago, of pre-planned before the holiday! I automatically, even after all this time, shudder at the thought, however, it is not unheard of that some people behave in an unthinkable way.
Looking back over this thread, I see that I'm not the only one to wonder about that.
Either way, it makes no sense to me to have world wide attention on the mystery.
Although, the money wasn't bad.
Shash T
Shash T

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 25.06.24 21:48

I wondered at the beginning if they were just relieved to be rid of her.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Shash T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top