The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Mm11

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Regist10

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Empty Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry

Post by Jill Havern 14.03.19 7:36

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry 11616-3_small

Ex-Liberal leader Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith had abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry into the MP

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry 10954082-0-image-m-63_1552512162569
David Steel told the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse he 'assumed' Smith was guilty, after confronting him with allegations which Smith did not deny.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41597

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry

Post by Liz Eagles 14.03.19 8:00

This article is in the DM today. Sorry, I can't post the link.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry

Post by Jill Havern 14.03.19 8:14

Here you go https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6806033/Ex-Liberal-leader-Lord-Steel-admits-knew-Sir-Cyril-Smith-abused-children.html

Otherwise just click on the headline

Ex-Liberal leader Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith had abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry into the MP

I'm not saying a word about the McCanns other friend, Sir Clement Freud other than to quote Rebekah Brookes "We're all in it together." thinking

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 8:57

I went to read that article, but Smith's planet sized gut hove into view, and I had to stop, lest my porridge reappeared. Another title - Lord Steel -  knew what was happening. The sword on the shoulder guarantees that one meets the best people, doesn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 14.03.19 9:08

Steele knew Smith was a paedophile and yet he recommended him for a Knighthood - that says it all.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.19 10:30

Disgraceful.

LORD Steel indeed.  

This whole honours business should be scrapped PRONTO but it wont be.  What a joke - at our expense of course.

"Never occured to him"  to hold an inquiry.   How shocking is that?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 14.03.19 15:24

plebgate wrote:Disgraceful.

LORD Steel indeed.  

This whole honours business should be scrapped PRONTO but it wont be.  What a joke - at our expense of course.

"Never occured to him"  to hold an inquiry.   How shocking is that?
Remeber "Spittin Image", David steele, just imagine the new series, puppets over "Brexit stich up" by Theresa May-EU cronies Deal, Judas, more than Thirty pieces of Silver, eh Theresa??
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 15:33

He needs his peerage removing.

This is a disgrace.

Our political elite are mostly scum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 14.03.19 15:47

Posted it on the ‘Fernbridge’ thread. 

David Steel to be investigated by Lib Dems after Cyril Smith abuse admission

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6422p1025-operation-fernbridge-timebomb-at-elm-guest-house-new-and-the-edward-heath-cyril-smith-clement-freud-mccanns-connections#398258

Only just made it onto BBC news page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-47573243
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.19 17:50

Investigated by the Lib Dems.  He's admitted he knew.  What's to investigate?

Will they refer the matter to the Police?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 14.03.19 18:13

Plebgate:

Will they refer the matter to the Police?

Nothing to report. It is not an offence to not report, although regularly talked about.

I think it can only be an internal disciplinary matter on moral grounds.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.19 18:23

Thanks Doug. That's never right.  People elected as MPs to represent the general public should be made to report such behaviour, especially if it involves vulnerable people, young or old.

This needs looking at urgently and a law brought in to make it an offence if people in public office do no report such disgusting behaviour.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.03.19 18:27

plebgate wrote:Thanks Doug. That's never right.  People elected as MPs to represent the general public should be made to report such behaviour, especially if it involves vulnerable people, young or old.

This needs looking at urgently and a law brought in to make it an offence if people in public office do no report such disgusting behaviour.

The Lords are the lawmakers.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.19 18:31

aquila wrote:
plebgate wrote:Thanks Doug. That's never right.  People elected as MPs to represent the general public should be made to report such behaviour, especially if it involves vulnerable people, young or old.

The Lords are the lawmakers.
Yes and the House of Lords needs to be got rid of.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 15.03.19 0:15

CaKeLoveR wrote:I went to read that article, but Smith's planet sized gut hove into view, and I had to stop, lest my porridge reappeared. Another title - Lord Steel -  knew what was happening. The sword on the shoulder guarantees that one meets the best people, doesn't it?
JS was one wasn't he?  Says everything about the establishment [shivers]
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.03.19 9:22

Yes, it does say everything about the establishment. Yet people continue to accept these honours......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.03.19 22:50

The more I think about this the angrier I'm getting. 

Steel had spoken to the fat abuser in the past.   Fat abuser didn't deny it and Steel didn't think to report it even when the Fat abuser was put forward for a Knighthood which Steel "waived" through?

Eh?  What the heck has gone wrong with the country?

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 15.03.19 22:56

CaKeLoveR wrote:Yes, it does say everything about the establishment. Yet people continue to accept these honours......
What a "respectful" bunch they have in the House of Frauds. Archer, Steele,  Jonathan Aitken, and the list goes on and on. 
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 17.03.19 15:09

sallypelt wrote:
CaKeLoveR wrote:Yes, it does say everything about the establishment. Yet people continue to accept these honours......
What a "respectful" bunch they have in the House of Frauds. Archer, Steele,  Jonathan Aitken, and the list goes on and on. 
Hi sallypelt, in the "House of frauds" sits former Metropolitan Police Commanders,Blair,Stevens,Hogan Howe, the first and Second named involved in "Death investigation", whereas hogan Howe spluttered out the "M" word, LBC Broadcast then retracted to say disappearance,make of that"lapsi Lingai" moment from Bernard,"slip of the tongue",from such an eloquent speaker or the possible Truth!

As Rebekah Brooks stated,  Murdoch, Her Boss, "They Are All In It Together", seems more pertinent than ever, perhaps that is the reason for No Leveson 2, closed down by Nefarious MP's in the House Of Commons,Dominic Raab?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.03.19 10:47

Thanks to PeterMac:

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/news

The nerve of Steel 
Cyril Smith, Issue 1492

Kate and Gerry McCann's friend Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith has abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.private-eye.co.uk%2Fpictures%2Fnews%2Fdavid-steel
WELL INFORMED: Lord Steel, who learnt of his colleague Cyril Smith’s abuse of vulnerable youngsters by reading Private Eye, ‘that excellent magazine’

“HINDSIGHT is a wonderful thing, which I freely admit I do not possess,” Lord Steel wrote on our letters page in June 2014 (Eye 1368).

The former Liberal leader has sent many such missives to Lord Gnome over the years defending his astonishingly nonchalant reaction to our report in May 1979 about his colleague Cyril Smith’s sexual abuse of vulnerable youngsters at the Cambridge House boys’ hostel in Rochdale in the 1960s. Our report was based on an investigation by the Rochdale Alternative Paper (RAP).

The child sex abuse inquiry, IICSA, spent a day last week asking former Liberal bigwigs why nothing was done when serious accusations were made against one of their MPs 40 years ago. Steel revealed that after seeing the Eye piece (“I happen to be a subscriber to that excellent magazine”) he did mention it to Smith.

“What I said to him was, ‘What’s all this about you in Private Eye?’ and he said, rather to my surprise, ‘It is correct’, that he had been in charge of – or had some supervisory role in a children’s hostel, that he’d been investigated by the police, and that they had taken no further action, and that was the end of the story.”

‘Corporal punishment of boys’
Now he tells us! In November 2012 – after Greater Manchester Police publicly confirmed that “young boys were victims of physical and sexual abuse committed by Smith” – Steel told the Guardian: “All I can recall was rumour surrounding his previous behaviour relating to corporal punishment of boys.”

In April 2014, interviewed by Martha Kearney on World at One, he said the Eye’s story was no more than “idle gossip” and certainly hadn’t justified him making further inquiries. During the interview Kearney reminded him about a Liberal spokesman’s comment to RAP in 1979 when shown its story: “It’s not a very friendly gesture, publishing that. All he seems to have done is spanked a few bare bottoms.” Challenged about the “facetious remark”, Steel replied: “You say it’s a facetious remark but it also happens to be true that in those days corporal punishment was permitted and the accusation in the Private Eye version of the report was that he was simply administering corporal punishment to those boys.”

Not so. Two of the statements we quoted were indeed from boys who had been beaten – though there was more to it than “simply administering” corporal punishment. (“He trapped my hands between his legs… Afterwards, he came to my bedroom and wiped my buttocks with a sponge.”) The third boy had a different experience: “He told me to take my trousers and my pants down. He held my testicles and told me to cough.” We noted that other boys’ statements included these bogus “medical examinations”.

Wrong again…
Steel’s talk of corporal punishment being permitted ignores the fact that this was not a school and Smith was certainly no teacher. Being a former secretary of the Rochdale Hostel for Boys Associations, which helped to found Cambridge House, did not give Smith a legal carte blanche to smack and sponge boys’ naked buttocks. Still less was he a doctor or nurse. Why, then, had David Steel been so unconcerned?

Simple, he explained last week: although the police investigation wasn’t disclosed until 1979, it had happened about 10 years earlier – “before he was an MP, before he was even a member of my party. It had nothing to do with me…”
Er, wrong again. Although Smith had formerly sat as a Labour councillor and then an independent, by the time Lancashire Police concluded its inquiries, in 1970, he was not only a member of the Liberal party but also its candidate at that year’s general election. He entered parliament at a by-election in 1972.

Steel now says that when he saw the Eye’s report seven years later: “I didn't feel that I had any locus in the matter at all, other than being a reader of the magazine.” Well, other than also being the leader of the party for which, by then, Cyril Smith was an MP.

By way of an encore, in 1988 Steel nominated Smith for a knighthood. “Cyril Smith had confessed to you that he had committed the acts which the magazine had published,” counsel to the IICSA said last week. “Did you think that that was something that you should, even in confidence, tell the honours committee about?” Steel remained as nonchalant as ever: “No, it never occurred to me.” And why not? “It was all, in a sense, in the public domain through Private Eye.” So that’s all right, then!

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.03.19 11:51

There has been a paedophile agenda for a long time. It is gaining traction; paedophilia will soon be accepted (not acceptable, not by decent people). No one will be allowed to criticise those with an "alternative sexuality". It's nearly upon us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wallad 23.03.19 15:12

sallypelt wrote:

I'm not sure Aitken is in the Lords.
wallad

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.03.19 17:00

CaKeLoveR wrote:There has been a paedophile agenda for a long time. It is gaining traction; paedophilia will soon be accepted (not acceptable, not by decent people). No one will be allowed to criticise those with an "alternative sexuality". It's nearly upon us.
Look up PIE, and research the influence of Harman and Dromey. (Another husband and wife team in the Commons, which they conceal by using different names)
Then remember that Harman is the niece of "Lord" Longford,  who was a firm friend, apologist for, and supporter of child murderer Myra Hindley . . .

What is going on within these extended families ?

this is just an extract from WIKI.   If you delve deeply – prepare to be deeply concerned.

Affiliation to the NCCL[edit]

Whilst PIE was affiliated with it, the National Council for Civil Liberties (now Liberty) argued that photographs of undressed children should not be considered "indecent" – and therefore illegal – unless it could be proven that the subject had suffered harm or that an inference to that effect or to the effect that harm might have been caused could reasonably be drawn from the images themselves, with Harriet Harman (later deputy leader of the Labour Party) arguing that it would "increase censorship".[42] The issue of PIE's connection to the NCCL was controversial internally, with union affiliates lukewarm. At the spring 1977 NCCL conference, then general secretary Patricia Hewitt said that "public hostility to paedophilia was such that it damaged the cause of gay rights for the gay movement to be associated with it".[43]
In May 1978, according to Magpie, NCCL motions were passed supporting PIE's rights and the annual meeting went on to condemn 'attacks' against paedophiles and their supporters, saying "this AGM condemns the physical and other attacks on those who have discussed or attempted to discuss paedophilia, and reaffirms the NCCL's condemnation of harassment and unlawful attacks on such persons."[5] A spokesperson for Harman said: "PIE had been excluded from the NCCL before she became legal officer." However, press cuttings from 1983 make it clear that it was still considered an "affiliate group", according to The Daily Telegraph.[44] In August 1983, a Scotland Yard report on the activities of PIE was being sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions, following the 1981 arrest of Tom O'Carroll.[45]
In February 2014, Shami Chakrabarti, the director of Liberty, issued an apology for the previous links between the NCCL, as Liberty was then known, and PIE. She said: "It is a source of continuing disgust and horror that even the NCCL had to expel paedophiles from its ranks in 1983 after infiltration at some point in the seventies."[46]

Allegations against senior politicians[edit]

A number of senior Labour Party politicians were linked in newspaper stories to PIE in December 2013, and again in February 2014, as a result of their involvement with the NCCL at the time of PIE's affiliation. The party's deputy leader, Harriet Harman, had been employed by NCCL as an in-house solicitor and met her husband, the MP Jack Dromey, then a member of NCCL's executive committee, while working in this capacity. In addition, Patricia Hewitt was NCCL's general secretary for nine years. The former chair of PIE, Tom O'Carroll, claimed the three had not attempted to expel PIE out of fear for the impact this might have on their careers at the NCCL.[47]
Harman denied she had supported PIE while at NCCL and the specific allegation that she supported a campaign for the age of consent to be reduced to 10, and expressed regret at the involvement of the NCCL with PIE.[48][49][50] Dromey also denied the accusations.[51] Hewitt apologised separately, saying she had been "naive and wrong to accept that PIE was a counseling and campaign group".[52]
In June 2015, documents emerged as a result of a BBC freedom of information request that revealed the then Conservative Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, refused to support a bill designed to outlaw PIE because he considered the law on incitement of sexual activities with children to be "not so clear".[53][54]
On 19 July 2015, Australia's 60 Minutes broadcast an investigation of an alleged paedophile ring, into which abused children were supplied by one of PIE's founders, Peter Righton, who was also a former director of education in the National Institute for Social Work. The alleged network was said to include senior public figures such as Lord Janner and Sir Cyril Smith, alongside a former head of MI6, Sir Peter Telford Hayman.[55]
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.03.19 21:42

I could scream.  The fear those boys must have felt I cannot even begin to imagine.  It is absolutely gut wrenching  and the Fat Bustard was given a Knighthood.  Absolutely disgusting and shameful.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top