The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Mm11

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Mm11

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Regist10

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Empty Re: Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights

Post by Verdi 03.08.19 1:01

15th January 2010 - Day 988

Court Case( Injunction) in Lisbon 14th January 2010

We are currently in Lisbon for the trial to determine whether the injunction against Mr Amaral's book and DVD should remain in place. This trial is about whether the book is a true reflection of the official judicial process in to Madeleine's disappearance and whether its contents damage the ongoing search for Madeleine, her siblings and our reputations.

Mr Amaral's book and DVD contains some information from the PJ files but there is a lot in the files which is not in Mr Amaral's book. Hence it is highly selective and therefore biased. Mr Amaral's book contains his opinions rather than fact. His opinions differ from the findings in the PJ file. The conclusions of the latter are: 1.there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and 2. there is no evidence that Gerry or I are involved in Madeleine's disappearance. This is very different to the theories and conclusions of Mr Amaral. It is logical and common sense that spreading these theories as Mr Amaral did (and continues todo) damages the search to find our little girl. If the general public (and the Portuguese people in particular) are bombarded day in and day out with such theories, this will eventually 'colour' their understanding and judgement -lies and inaccuracies become fact. If people subsequently believe that Madeleineis dead and that we are involved in her disappearance then they will not look for Madeleine, will not consider any suspicions about others which they may have and will not come forward with information. We consider this highly detrimental to the search for Madeleine.

There are few points which have been raised in the last few days which I would like to address specifically:

Abduction theory:For us, there is only the abduction theory possible because we were not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and we know Madeleine did not wander off by herself. It is obvious and right that the police should consider other theories initially.

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

The dogs: We realise that the behaviour of the dogs was the turning point in the investigation for the PJ. The use of dogs has proved to be problematic and unreliable in previous cases (please refer to the Jersey ?Haut de La Garenne' case and other research published about their use and reliability). It is vital to note that alerts by such dogs are classified as intelligence rather than evidence, as police officers familiar with their use will verify. These alerts must be supported by forensics in order to be used as evidence. The results of the forensic examinations did not identify any blood or Madeleine's DNA. To suggestor use the dogs? reactions as evidence is simply wrong and abusive.

The proposed reconstruction: The suggestion of a reconstruction of our movements and other key witnesses at the crime scene and/or surrounding area in the early days following Madeleine's abduction was declined by the PJ as 'not usual' for Portugal. When the PJ finally requested a reconstruction to take place in 2008, Gerry and I were still arguidos and as such would have attended for a reconstruction. Some key witnesses (including some of our friends)declined to attend the planned reconstruction as they were not convinced of the aims and usefulness of it. In particular, as the reconstruction was not to be shown to the media (and hence the general public), they did not feel it would help to find Madeleine. Had the intention been to show it to the general public, it may have 'jogged' memories and encouraged people to come forward with information. It should be added that other key witnesses were not invited to attend.

Our team is confident that the injunction will remain in place because none of thewitnesses thus far have been able to prove in court that Mr. Amaral's right to express his opinion is superior to the rights of our family to peace, respect and protection of reputation, and above all, the right to continue the searchfor our daughter Madeleine effectively and without hindrance. As has been made clear this week, Mr Amaral's ?thesis' is not supported by any evidence. The search for Madeleine must go on until we find her and bring her abductor(s) to justice.

Kate McCann

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Empty Re: Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights

Post by Verdi 05.08.19 12:57

14th February 2008 - Day 287

The Portuguese justice minister also spoke to parliament yesterday regarding Mr Ribeiro's comments about the haste with which we were made arguidos.

As I stated at the time, no one can doubt how we have been scrutinised.

We hope that, if as reported, the justice minister said the investigation is nearing a close that our arguido status will be lifted in the near future so that everyone can concentrate on searching for Madeleine. We will not give up looking for her until she is found and we hope that the police are similarly determined.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.08.19 16:17

16th October 2007 - Day 166

Life in Rothley is definitely quietening down although daily photographs of us leaving the house still seem ‘newsworthy’ which I find incredible. We are slowly trying to return to normal and it is heartening meeting ordinary people who are very supportive and sympathetic. We have managed to catch up with quite a few friends in the last week, which we have actually had to build up to because of the emotions involved in talking about what has happened. We also had our first visitor from Praia da Luz who spent a few days with us. It was touching to hear about our friends there, who continue to hold weekly vigils praying for Madeleine and her safe return.

The media frenzy is gradually subsiding with just occasional unsubstantiated reports of ‘evidence’ appearing. It is very encouraging that Mr Rebelo’s officers will be seemingly reviewing all the material in the inquiry, which will hopefully identify areas for further investigation. Contrary to some other reports Kate and I do NOT accept that Madeleine is ‘probably’ dead. We know it is a possibility, however the fact there is no evidence Madeleine has been seriously harmed gives us ongoing hope that she will be found alive.

Finally, thank you once again to evryone who has written to us or sent messages of support. Calum has been away for a week on holiday and we will be updating the messages of support very soon. We would love to reply to everyone personally but the huge numbers simply make it impossible.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.08.19 17:01

"We are slowly trying to return to normal...."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Empty Normal

Post by ROSA 09.08.19 12:35

BlueBag wrote:"We are slowly trying to return to normal...."
They are anything but normal .
People who lose a child can never return to normal and to say We are slowly trying to return to normal can't be taken seriously because your life has changed  your child is missing and only until  that child is found you can be normal again.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.08.19 12:42

And that was after just 5 months!

Contrast that to Sarah Payne, Michael Payne (who died because he couldn't 'return to normal' many years later), Denise Fergus, and others whose grief is still etched on their faces to this day.

The only thing Kate McCann has got etched on her face is GUILT - she's aged horribly because of it.

Nice you see you again ROSA.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40913

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Empty Gerry

Post by ROSA 09.08.19 12:59

Grief can render a person so ill that they can die from a broken heart , to think he stated this only 5 month's in is mind boggling .
I do wonder what has aged Kate so much is it grief or guilt we may never know she looks broken.
Jill thank you so much it's so nice to be back.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.08.19 14:47

This report published two days ago by the intelligent tabloid, The Mirror, includes a video which appears to be Jim Gamble, former chief executive of the CEOP, talking during the Netflix film.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-american-scientist-says-18881427

The clip centres around Gerry McCann's blog entry from August 2007.  This is a crude transcript of Jim Gamble's words..
When Gerry talked about the possibility of writing an appeal, I helped construct a letter, by just providing some advice about what I think you would say.  You know, I'd do it on the lines of you know, sometimes people make mistakes, terrible mistakes, something they never intended but ultimately - it's never too late to do the right thing.

But in shaping that, I was actually talking to Gerry.  I think it was the only way of delivering that message, or reflecting that thought.  If it was something that happened, if it was a mistake, it's never too late to just come out and stop all this .... cut
This is Gerry McCann's blog entry..
Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Scree210
#makesuthinkdunnit ?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 13.08.19 13:05

Gerry McCann's blog entry is intriguing isn't it ,sounds like an admission of his own guilt to what really happened to his daughter

Quote "An act of madness , an accident or sudden impulse "

Leave her in a place of safety ?? since she wasn't safe with her own parents I have to laugh at that comment.

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.08.19 15:35

19th June 2007 - Day 47

Flew in to London to for a series of meetings. Helped a passenger on the flight who collapsed. He was ill enough to require a full assessment on arrival and went off to hospital in an ambulance.

Unfortunately shortly after arriving in London I had my wallet stolen which meant I was running late. I did manage to get to all my meetings which ran late into the evening. We had very good discussions regarding sustaining the search for Madeleine long term. The role for Kate and I in the campaign will not be nearly be so public. We have to balance any campaigning in the search for Madeleine with protecting Sean and Amelie and making sure their privacy is protected.

We are exploring the use of new media and using local advertising, particularly in Europe. There will of course be event driven media exposure such as the balloon launch on Friday 22nd. There are several other very good ideas being developed and a few large companies are willing to help us.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.03.20 11:57

A father's thoughts

For the past eight months, Gerry and Kate McCann have been treated as suspects over Madeleine's disappearance. On the website findmadeleine.com Gerry McCann has written a blog that gives an insight into their experiences.

In his first posting after they were declared arguidos, McCann said the experience was "unbelievably stressful and emotionally draining".

He wrote: "We have absolute confidence that, when all of the facts are presented together, we will be able to demonstrate we played absolutely no part in Madeleine's abduction."

After the couple returned to their home in Leicestershire, in an entry at the end of September McCann said Madeleine's younger siblings, Sean and Amelie, were settling in well but miss their sister. "We talk about her every day," he wrote.

In the new year he expressed disappointment that the arguido status remained. "We feel this uncertainty hinders the most important thing: searching for Madeleine," he wrote.

At the end of March the McCanns visited the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children in the US and wrote that they were "very encouraged" to hear that, in NCMEC's experience, the younger the child at the time of abduction the less likely that child will be seriously harmed.

In June he said information had been coming via a new hotline set up by their team. "Every piece of information will be followed up," he promised.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jul/02/madeleinemccann.ukcrime1

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 08.03.20 6:40

Verdi wrote:This report published two days ago by the intelligent tabloid, The Mirror, includes a video which appears to be Jim Gamble, former chief executive of the CEOP, talking during the Netflix film.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-american-scientist-says-18881427

The clip centres around Gerry McCann's blog entry from August 2007.  This is a crude transcript of Jim Gamble's words..
When Gerry talked about the possibility of writing an appeal, I helped construct a letter, by just providing some advice about what I think you would say.  You know, I'd do it on the lines of you know, sometimes people make mistakes, terrible mistakes, something they never intended but ultimately - it's never too late to do the right thing.

But in shaping that, I was actually talking to Gerry.  I think it was the only way of delivering that message, or reflecting that thought.  If it was something that happened, if it was a mistake, it's never too late to just come out and stop all this .... cut
This is Gerry McCann's blog entry..
Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Scree210
#makesuthinkdunnit ?

But in shaping that, I was actually talking to Gerry.  I think it was the only way of delivering that message, or reflecting that thought.  If it was something that happened, if it was a mistake, it's never too late to just come out and stop all this

This reads as if gamble knows that gerry is involved in the death, disposal and subsequent cover up of Maddie.
He was telling gerry it was time to come clean and admit what happened.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.05.20 22:50

Day 23 - 26th May 2007

Tomorrow will be a family day. We are doing a photo-shoot with the twins for the Sunday newspapers in the morning but will involve stuff that we want to do with them anyway. We also need to recharge our batteries after what has been a very busy week.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.08.20 1:20

1st June 2007 - Day 29

With the help of the British Embassy we had a very busy day. First of all we had a short briefing from the ambassador and her staff. We then had a series of meetings with: multiple non-governmental agencies involved in child welfare, did a TV programme akin to Crimewatch focussing on Madeleine’s disappearance, a press conference which was well attended, a couple of short US news channel interviews with European coverage and finally met with the Spanish Minister for the Interior (Home Secretary equivalent). We left Madrid feeling as if the Spanish were treating Madeleine’s disappearance like one of their own.

Meanwhile in Portugal Phil arrived with thousands of posters in different languages. Most of these have been delivered to the Irish centre at Fatima and more at Lisbon airport. Planning a family day tomorrow. Will weigh up next phase of the search over the weekend.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.07.21 16:24

11th July 2007 - Day 69

This morning got off to a bad start when we were called, even before the twins were awake, by a reputable press agency saying that a body had been found and asking if it was true. It is very disappointing that this person did not check out the source of this rumour before contacting our representatives. Such calls and rumours are distressing even though we know if it does not come through an official source not to place much emphasis on it.

The Portuguese police interviewed three of our friends again today, to clarify points in their initial statements. As most of you will know, there is a lot of misleading information being published, both in the press and on the internet, about the events leading up to Madeleine's disappearance and the criminal investigation. We would like to give more information, especially about inaccurate and hurtful reports, but cannot for fear of prejudicing any subsequent court proceedings. The Portuguese police have made it clear to us that all witnesses should not divulge or discuss the information they have provided. Kate and I are, of course not party to all of the information coming into the inquiry for sound operational reasons.

Similarly a lot of people have asked to learn more about Madeleines likes and dislikes.

This is information which we have been advised not to distribute publicly because of the risk of it being used in potential extortion attempts. The arrests recently in The Netherlands and Spain show that such information could be used negatively in the wrong hands.

[Acknlowledgement: pamalam of gerrymccanns blog]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.02.22 16:04

27th July 2007 - Day 80

Spent the whole day travelling from the Algarve to Washington where I will be visiting the National and International Centers for Missing and Exploited Children and meeting politicians involved in recent legislation on missing children. The flights for our campaign manager and myself were kindly donated by an airline.

There is a very upsetting story on the front page of a British National Newspaper today. The headline suggests that Kate and I face prosecution for neglecting our children by dining 50 yards away and checking on them regularly. We know that there has been criticism in some quarters of our actions but at the time, we felt our actions were responsible. We were essentially performing our own baby listening service although we have talked of the guilt we felt at now being there at the moment Madeleine was taken.

We have been advised that legally our behaviour was well within the bounds of responsible parenting and subsequently been assured that no action will be taken. These types of criticism, particularly at this stage, as well as being hurtful are extremely unhelpful in the search for Madeleine. From the moment we discovered Madeleine missing Kate and I have done everything in our power to try and help get her back.

Our opinion now is completely clouded by what has happened to us and of course has sent shock waves through thousands of families. The real issue is that we should not have a constant fear of abduction of our children from their bedrooms, gardens or streets for that matter.

What Kate and I did was at worst naïve and no one should forget that the real criminal is the predator who has taken a completely innocent child in such a premeditated fashion. It is this act that has wreaked havoc on our family and affected millions of other people

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.07.22 17:09

Day 988 : 15/01/2010

DAY 988 -1 & 2

Court Case( Injunction) in Lisbon 14th January 2010

We are currently in Lisbon for the trial to determine whether the injunction against Mr Amaral's book and DVD should remain in place. This trial is about whether the book is a true reflection of the official judicial process in to Madeleine's disappearance and whether its contents damage the ongoing search for Madeleine, her siblings and our reputations.

Mr Amaral's book and DVD contains some information from the PJ files but there is a lot in the files which is not in Mr Amaral's book. Hence it is highly selective and therefore biased. Mr Amaral's book contains his opinions rather than fact. His opinions differ from the findings in the PJ file. The conclusions of the latter are: 1.there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and 2. there is no evidence that Gerry or I are involved in Madeleine's disappearance. This is very different to the theories and conclusions of Mr Amaral. It is logical and common sense that spreading these theories as Mr Amaral did (and continues todo) damages the search to find our little girl. If the general public (and the Portuguese people in particular) are bombarded day in and day out with such theories, this will eventually 'colour' their understanding and judgement -lies and inaccuracies become fact. If people subsequently believe that Madeleineis dead and that we are involved in her disappearance then they will not look for Madeleine, will not consider any suspicions about others which they may have and will not come forward with information. We consider this highly detrimental to the search for Madeleine.

There are few points which have been raised in the last few days which I would like to address specifically:

Abduction theory:For us, there is only the abduction theory possible because we were not involved in Madeleine's disappearance and we know Madeleine did not wander off by herself. It is obvious and right that the police should consider other theories initially.

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

The dogs: We realise that the behaviour of the dogs was the turning point in the investigation for the PJ. The use of dogs has proved to be problematic and unreliable in previous cases

(please refer to the Jersey ?Haut de La Garenne' case and other research published about their use and reliability). It is vital to note that alerts by such dogs are classified as intelligence rather than evidence, as police officers familiar with their use will verify. These alerts must be supported by forensics in order to be used as evidence. The results of the forensic examinations did not identify any blood or Madeleine's DNA. To suggestor use the dogs? reactions as evidence is simply wrong and abusive.

The proposed reconstruction: The suggestion of a reconstruction of our movements and other key witnesses at the crime scene and/or surrounding area in the early days following Madeleine's abduction was declined by the PJ as 'not usual' for Portugal. When the PJ finally requested a reconstruction to take place in 2008, Gerry and I were still arguidos and as such would have attended for a reconstruction. Some key witnesses (including some of our friends)declined to attend the planned reconstruction as they were not convinced of the aims and usefulness of it. In particular, as the reconstruction was not to be shown to the media (and hence the general public), they did not feel it would help to find Madeleine. Had the intention been to show it to the general public, it may have 'jogged' memories and encouraged people to come forward with information. It should be added that other key witnesses were not invited to attend.

Our team is confident that the injunction will remain in place because none of thewitnesses thus far have been able to prove in court that Mr. Amaral's right to express his opinion is superior to the rights of our family to peace, respect and protection of reputation, and above all, the right to continue the searchfor our daughter Madeleine effectively and without hindrance. As has been made clear this week, Mr Amaral's ?thesis' is not supported by any evidence. The search for Madeleine must go on until we find her and bring her abductor(s) to justice.

Kate McCann

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.10.22 14:45

Day 15 - Friday 18/05/2007

Trade mark Filing date for Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned
Case details for Trade Mark 2456061 Intellectual Property Office
Mark text: Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned

Status

Classes: 09, 16, 36, 41

Relevant dates

Filing date: 18 May 2007
Next renewal date: 18 May 2017
Registration date: 22 February 2008

List of goods or services

Class 09: Downloadable internet publications
Class 16: Printed matter
Class 36: Charitable fundraising; charitable and non-charitable services relating to the provision of assistance to families and others affected by missing children.
Class 41: Non-downloadable internet publications

Gerry McCann's Blog - Highlights - Page 4 Mfundt10

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.10.22 14:47

Day 14 - Thursday 17/05/2007

Fund Launch

Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned'

This includes £50,000 donated by Portsmouth football club.

Funds taken over the counters of NatWest & RBS, along with the donations made by cheque, have not yet hit the account.

Further updates will be provided on Monday 21st May 2007

The family of Madeleine McCann are to-day launching the Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned appeal. The funds will be used to help find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances.

From this morning, Thursday May 17th:

· members of the public will be able to make donations to 'Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited' over-the-counter in any branch of NatWest and The Royal Bank of Scotland.

From now:

· Postal Donations can be made with cheques payable to 'Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned'. Cheques should be posted to the following address:

‘Madeleine’s Fund’
c/o The International Family Law Group
26 Southampton Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 7RS

Internet donations can be made into the following account:

'Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned'

Branch
Natwest
PO BOX 113
Cavell House
2A Charing Cross Road
London
WC2H ONN

Sort Code 60 40 05.
Account Number 32130058

Internet banking donations from abroad

IBAN : GB63 NWBK 6040 0532 1300 58
or
IBAN : GB63NWBK60400532130058
Sort Code : 60 – 40 – 05
Account number : 32130058
Iban bic : NWBKGB2L

All donations will be processed free of charge.

-----------------------------

Funds will be paid to Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited: Company Registration Number - 6248215

3. The objects of the Foundation are:

3.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

3.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

3.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

3.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.23 19:41

Extracts from Gerry McCann's Blog: The Media Campaign

Day 30 - 02/06/2007 - Saturday.
Relatively quiet day. Did manage to respond to some e-mails regarding campaign issues with some excellent ideas coming through. We did visit a local beach with S***, A***** and the rest of the family who are here and managed to get a bite to eat. Having a huge number of media requests in but want these to be very focussed in areas that will have clear benefits in the search for Madeleine. We did do a German TV and newspaper interview which wiil be released tomorrow to incraese awareness ahead of our planned visit to Berlin later this week. Most of the Sunday newspapers will carry some of the interview as a British reporter sat in and asked a few more questions related to the campaign strategy.

Day 31 - 03/06/2007 - Sunday.
Was encouraged to learn of the large volume of information which has come through the Leicester incident room following the appeal. Hopefully the Portuguese police will have had a good response also and we hope to meet with them in the next couple of days for an update. Chris and Les, who travelled over with the huge inflatable banner which has been positioned near the Spanish border, are heading home today. They were very happy that the director of the Algarve tourist board allowed them to put it up in private property owned by them, with thousands of cars passing every hour and seeing Madeleine’s image and details of her disappearance and reward. Sunday papers have reported our interviews virtually verbatim but very disappointed that the blog was lifted almost in entirety by one newspaper yesterday after expressly forbidding such an approach! The blog is to keep people visiting the website up to date with our progress in the campaign to find Madeleine.

Day 45 - 17/06/2007 -  Sunday.

The first event of our longer term campaign will be on Friday 22nd June- this will mark the 50th day Madeleine will be missing. We will be launching green and yellow balloons from at least 50 centres worldwide to mark the fact that we are still searching as are other parents of missing children.

Day 56 - 28/06/2007
Busy day- some very good phone calls with important child welfare organsations who we will be working closely with in the future. I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleines disappearance in the long term.

Day 78 - 20/07/2007 - Friday
Kate and I spent a few hours with our campaign manager discussing longer term strategies to maintain Madeleines profile, in case she is not found soon. We had a long conference call with two organisations that are keen to help us with the campaign but there is still quite a bit of work to be done before this venture can be announced.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top