The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Mm11

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Mm11

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Regist10

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Empty Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17

Post by Liz Eagles 18.01.16 14:27

It was Gerry's blog that really made me sit up straight and take a look at this case. The words come directly from Madeleine's father barely two weeks after her disappearance, within a day or so of the incorporation of a limited company and on the back of an almost immediately formed website.

I found Gerry's blog.....strange. Here was a man talking to 'his public'. The content (to me) was an odd thing to put out over the internet when his daughter could have been found at any moment. Ramblings from what time the family woke up, what they ate, haircuts, sea-bass, running with timings, to those all important strategy meetings, media photo calls and interviews etc. just seemed odd to me and I had no real opinion other than 'those poor parents and family, that poor little girl'.

I'd like to take Gerry's blog day at a time for those who are new to CMoMM - and for those who want to go over them again.

Day 17 - 20/05/2007  
Sunday
DAY 17

OLD SITE
SCREENSHOT
OLD SITE
SCREENSHOT
Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Life-17-5-2007-1_smallGerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Life-17-5-2007-2_small

The entry" A Day to day life for the McCann's" does not have a date on the screenshots. However if you check the Sunday Mirror link it confirms that it was Sunday 20-05-07 Day 17: Although the Sunday Mirror says it is Day 18: which would have made it Monday  

A Day to day life for the McCann's

Our day starts around 6.30am with us all waking up around the same time. We have breakfast with Sean and Amelie and our close family/friends who are here with us. Then its clean nappies and clothes for Sean and Amelie followed by showers etc for the rest of us.

Usually there’s some free time then for a few stories or games with the twins before heading out.

9.00-9.15 We take Sean and Amelie to Kids’ Club. They really enjoy it and run in.
 They know the staff well and the staff are all excellent. Both love the domestic corner and Amelie particularly likes to look after ‘babies’. We use the kids club a bit like nursery at home but we think Sean and Amelie still think they are on holiday!

9.30~12.15. We return to the apartments, usually for a series of meetings with our press officer, Mark Warner Reps, occasionally Consulate staff, lawyers and British Liaison officers. During this time we catch up with family and close friends, usually by telephone and discuss ideas how to keep Madeleine’s profile high especially throughout continental Europe.

12.30 Time to pick up Sean and Amelie from Kids’ club then head back to apartment for lunch, which has usually been prepared by one of our family/friends group who have been tremendously supportive.

13.30 –14.30 This is time to spend time playing with the twins either in the apartment or in the play area next to kids club.

14.30-15.00 Usually we take the twins back to Kids’ Club although Sean has had the odd afternoon in the apartment as it’s a bit cooler and he’s not much of a sun worshipper! They have been taking part in many different activities including painting, singing, stories, swimming, trips to the beach and they have lots of toys to play with.

15.00~17.00 We try to get some time together alone, going for a walk to talk things over or getting some exercise. This is often the time for quiet trips to the church for prayers.

17.00-17.30 Meet kids for high tea with other mums and dads. They love pasta and have been doing really well with their vegetables although a few chips have been squeezed in.

17.30-18.30. Games with kids at play area. Amelie loves trying to get in the baby pool!

18.30-19.30 Bath and story time with the twins.

20.00 We put the kids to bed.

20.30-23.00 We try to sit down for a family meal, again usually cooked by one of the small family group out here with us. Chat about the day’s events and plan the next day

23.30 bed and prayer for Madeleine that she will be returned to us safely
 ASAP.

In addition to above we try to attend various church services
during the week, and make multiple phone calls to family and
friends. We try to watch the main news
early morning and late evening but have had almost no time
to read
the newspapers or even look at the pictures!
Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the
daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de
Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17 Empty Re: Gerry's Blog - Blog 1, Day 17

Post by hogwash 18.01.16 15:04

So when their daughter has been abducted, instead of running around PDL trying to find her they time themselves running up a hill?
hogwash
hogwash

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.01.16 15:41

hogwash wrote:So when their daughter has been abducted, instead of running around PDL trying to find her they time themselves running up a hill?
and not a mention of Madeleine's name.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin 18.01.16 18:22

Wasn't there some reference to 'child-friendly toppings' on his blog?

What on earth was that supposed to mean?
DocMartin
DocMartin

Activity : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 18.01.16 21:13

Let's not forget that Kate and Gerry were able to be calm and composed enough to write a diary and a blog knowing full well that Madeleine had been abducted and in the hands of a paedo gang.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 25.02.18 13:31

@Verdi Thought I'd bump this thread as you've revived Gerry's blogs.

More threads with discussion and info on 'Pamalam: Gerry McCann's blogs'.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1400

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 25.02.18 13:53

9 days after Madeleine had disappeared, and on her fourth birthday, one would have thought that the McCanns had won the lottery, not lost a child under tragic circumstances:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/4TH_BIRTHDAY.htm

20 years this year, I lost my younger brother. I was in bits, and couldn't function for at least 6 months. Any mention of him would bring me out in floods of tears, and if I passed a place where he used to go, I would just break down without warning. 

I know that everyone deals with grief differently, but I can't imagine any parent being so upbeat 9 days after their 3/4 year old daughter had disappeared without trace, no matter how "strong" they are.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 25.02.18 13:56

GM says 

We try or we try to or we tried to...

We TRY? 

What the... you either do or don't...is that  like in the search for Madeleine , not physically but working hard behind the scenes? 

Are the blogs the work behind the scenes as much as setting up a fund, website and running? Pffft! 

I'd be everywhere and anywhere and digging the ground with my bare hands to find my daughter....And I certainly would not have been putting my "twins" in a crèche, they would not have left my side for fear of losing them... to an "abductor" , this was a holiday , the McCanns did not apparently know any MW staff....they are strangers? And yet they casually went about their day as if they'd lost a purse!!!  

Nothing stacks up!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 25.02.18 14:15

MayMuse wrote:GM says 

We try or we try to or we tried to...

We TRY? 

What the... you either do or don't...is that  like in the search for Madeleine , not physically but working hard behind the scenes? 

Are the blogs the work behind the scenes as much as setting up a fund, website and running? Pffft! 

I'd be everywhere and anywhere and digging the ground with my bare hands to find my daughter....

Nothing stacks up!
MayMuse, from my experience of being a mum is  if my daughter was a tad late from being home at the time I was expecting her home, it was a natural instinct to go outside and call, or ask anyone if they had seen her. I wouldn't go back in again until she turned up.  And a few months ago, my  sister's 13 year old wasn't answering his mobile. It was around 5 PM and he was due to come in. My sister was in a panic, and she could NOT remain indoors. When my nephew didn't answer his mobile, my sister immediately ran outside.  I think it happens naturally when a parent becomes concerned about a youngster who has gone off the radar for half an hour or so.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackfox 25.02.18 14:50

I think before the disappearance things were probably a bit chatotic for the McCanns with lots of shift work and ad hoc childcare so it's interesting to hear GM recount tales of banal domesticity post disappearance with such pride, peppered with his burgeoning global ambitions, he seems desperate to present 'normality'  and doesn't realise how counter intuitive it all seems, especially if you have any understanding of the impact of trauma.
Crackfox

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.02.18 16:31

Ladyinred wrote:@Verdi Thought I'd bump this thread as you've revived Gerry's blogs.

More threads with discussion and info on 'Pamalam: Gerry McCann's blogs'.

I'm at a loss to understand why you've rekindled a defunct thread, when I initiated a new thread confused to highlight Gerry McCann's blog. I frankly can't see any point in two threads on the same subject running concurrently.

If you, or any other member, think it would be beneficial to merge the two threads I can do that without problem. If however I can just explain - CMoMM has attracted many many new members in more recent times, I was rather hoping for a fresh look at the subject, with fresh eyes rather than reincarnating an old thread only reading and/or commenting on what's been said in the past. From experience, I find this approach generates renewed energy.

I will lock this thread for the time being. As I say, there is no point in two threads running on the same topic. This thread will remain on the forum for any member or guest who wish to read back.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42323

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top