The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Mm11

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Mm11

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Regist10

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Empty BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro

Post by Verdi 03.05.17 11:13

Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect

By Richard Bilton Reporter, BBC Panorama

• 37 minutes ago
  • From the section UK

One of the suspects questioned by British police about Madeleine McCann's disappearance has said he was shocked to be asked about how she went missing.
Paulo Ribeiro was one of four local suspects who denied any involvement when questioned by British detectives.
"I thought it was incredible," he said.
The men were questioned in connection with Scotland Yard's theory that the three-year-old was taken in a burglary that went wrong but were never charged with any offence.
It is 10 years to the day since Madeleine disappeared from the McCanns' holiday apartment at the Ocean Club complex in the Portuguese resort of Praia Da Luz.
A church service for missing people, including Madeleine, will be held at the Church of Nossa Senhora da Luz in Portugal this evening.
The parish church in Madeleine's home village of Rothley, Leicestershire, will also hold a service to mark the 10th anniversary.
The British investigation into the case was started in 2011 at the request of the then Prime Minister David Cameron. It has cost more than £11m.

• Parents mark 10 years since daughter went missing
  • The village in Madeleine's shadow
  • Police still pursuing "critical" lead 10 years on
  • Madeleine McCann's parents "disappointed" by libel ruling

The four men, who were questioned in 2014, were made official suspects and are still living in Praia Da Luz.
Mr Ribeiro said: "I knew of nothing when the police arrived at my door with a piece of paper that had a drawing on it, saying it bore a likeness to me and that someone had said I was involved and that I looked like the person who had kidnapped Maddie.
"I don't know who that person was."
He said he was at home on the night that Madeleine disappeared and that he was not involved in any burglaries.
The Portuguese police clearly believe the men know nothing about what happened.

Pedro do Carmo, deputy director of the Policia Judiciaria, told Panorama he had never considered them to be suspects.
"I can only say that we questioned those people on request of the Metropolitan Police and only based on the request of the Metropolitan Police.
"We never questioned those people. We never saw or looked at those people as suspects of the crime."
Last week, Scotland Yard announced there was no evidence to implicate the four men and the case against them had been closed.
The Met say they are pursuing new lines of inquiry and that they have not ruled out the burglary theory.
But many in Portugal are sceptical about the Met's involvement.
Carlos Anjos, the former head of the Policia Judiciaria officers' union, has told Panorama that the British investigation has been a waste of money.
"This burglary theory is absurd. Not even a wallet disappeared, no television disappeared, nothing else disappeared. A child disappeared."
The BBC Panorama programme - Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On - is on BBC1 at 9pm Wednesday and available on iPlayer afterwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39779256

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Empty Re: BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro

Post by Mirage 03.05.17 11:22

So if they have already been investigated by the PJ and are not considered suspects by SY, who were these bods who turned up with the scrap of paper?

Honestly, it sounds like a fever nightmare where the Kray twins turn up on your doorstep with warrant cards and a pimpleman sketch on the back of Madeleine's sticker book.

Mrs May,! Never mind the chips in Mevagissey. Get on the blower to Cressida and stop an international crisis.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro Empty Re: BBC - Madeleine McCann questioning shocked suspect Paulo Ribeiro

Post by sandancer 03.05.17 12:29

Mirage wrote:So if they have already been investigated by the PJ and are not considered suspects by SY, who were these bods who turned up with the scrap of paper?

Honestly, it sounds like a fever nightmare where the Kray twins turn up on your doorstep with warrant cards and a pimpleman sketch on the back of Madeleine's sticker book.

Mrs May,! Never mind the chips in Mevagissey. Get on the blower to Cressida and stop an international crisis.

Mrs May , you say you are " a bloody difficult​ woman " well you are making it " bloody​ " difficult​ " for Scotland​ Yard to​ retain​ any sort of credibility not just in this​ country but world wide .

Come down off your high​ horse and do something about this​ absolute​ farce .

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.05.17 12:49

Paulo Ribeiro was one of four local suspects who denied any involvement when questioned by British detectives.
"I thought it was incredible," he said.
The men were questioned in connection with Scotland Yard's theory that the three-year-old was taken in a burglary that went wrong but were never charged with any offence.
Pedro do Carmo, deputy director of the Policia Judiciaria, told Panorama he had never considered them to be suspects.
"I can only say that we questioned those people on request of the Metropolitan Police and ONLY based on the request of the Metropolitan Police.
"We never questioned those people. We never saw or looked at those people as suspects of the crime."
Last week, Scotland Yard announced there was no evidence to implicate the four men and the case against them had been closed.

How much 'compo' are SY/MET (UK taxpayers money) going to have to 'pay out' to these four men, for, undoubted, admitted, 'reputational damage'?

Perhaps, Izzy D will 'represent' them, in their 'claims' against the, self proclaimed, 'world's finest' police force.

'We want £1million, £250,000 each, they are four'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.05.17 13:13

"Mr Ribeiro said: "I knew of nothing when the police arrived at my door with a piece of paper that had a drawing on it, saying it bore a likeness to me and that someone had said I was involved and that I looked like the person who had kidnapped Maddie.
"I don't know who that person was."

I wonder who that witness was.  Who would it suit to try and put some local patsies in the frame? It's a bit like the Robert Murat thing all over again.

Wasn't this man described as a drug addict and one of the other alleged burglars supposed to have learning difficulties....ideal targets to try and pin a crime on.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.05.17 13:31

"....and that I looked like the person who had kidnapped Maddie."

So the 'police' arrived at his door, with a piece of paper that had a 'drawing' on and 'he' looked like 'THE person who HAD kidnapped Maddie'

Q1 Which 'police' arrived?

Q2 Where did the 'drawing' (of the 'person') come from?

Q3 The 'police' were 'looking for' THE 'person' who HAD 'kidnapped' Maddie?

Q4 So, Maddie 'was kidnapped', according to the 'police' with the 'piece of paper, with a drawing on it'?

As ChippyM has alluded to, the AR's SY 'suspects' were a 'druggie schitzo, taxi driver and 'young' man'...................'ideal' patsy's.

Or so, imo, they 'thought'!

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 03.05.17 15:31

When did the paper carrying police arrive on his doorstep to question him?  Was it before or after SY decided they had no further interest in him ? 
I find this interesting because SY say they never interviewed Kate and Gerry McCann because the parents had already been interviewed by the PJ and SY were happy to accept that without any further investigation on their part, yet here we have a man who was interviewed by the Portuguese police at the request of Scotland Yard and cleared of any involvement by the PJ. Later, he is questioned again by police carrying a piece of paper. Is this double standards, incompetent reporting or what , and why are the media raking it up now huh
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top