The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Mm11

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Mm11

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Regist10

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Empty Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

Post by Patience 22.04.17 23:26

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-top-cop-breaks-madeleine-10278020
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

Post by pennylane 22.04.17 23:46

ffs thud
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

Post by RosieandSam 22.04.17 23:56

Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

Paulo Pereira Cristovao says: “I think this case has lots of mistakes – from many persons, from many situations, from the police and maybe from the government"

ByAlan Selby
22:46, 22 APR 2017

Madeleine McCann was snatched and taken to a warren of caves nearby that have never been searched, a Portuguese investigator has suggested.

The theory comes from ex cop Paulo Pereira Cristovao – who became the boss of Portugal’s missing children agency in the same year the three-year-old disappeared.

Today he takes the unusual step of criticising his fellow officers, saying human error is to blame for the failure to find Madeleine.

Speaking a decade after Maddie vanished, Mr Cristovao told the Sunday Mirror: “I think this case has lots of mistakes – from many persons, from many situations, from the police and maybe from the government.

“At the end of the day we all forgot one person: Madeleine McCann.”

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken PROD-Girl-missing-in-Algarve
Madeleine McCann went missing 10 years ago from an apartment in Portugal while on a family holiday  (Photo: PA)

Mr Cristovao believes somebody is still keeping details of that night – May 3, 2007 – concealed from investigators.

That was when Madeleine went missing from the Ocean Club complex at the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, where she was on holiday with parents Kate and Gerry and their friends.

Mr Cristovao says: “Someone close to those people, or someone from the group, still has not said all that he or she knows about this.

“That’s my feeling – and I know there are many who think just like me. I think not everybody in that group has told the truth to the police. Why? I don’t know.”

Mr Cristovao’s theory is that Madeleine could well have been taken to caves in the tiny beach town of Burgau, three miles along the coast.

He formulated the idea after putting himself in the shoes of a kidnapper on his first visit to the Ocean Club flat where Madeleine went missing.

Ahead of the 10th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance, the former officer said: “That’s the most important thing for me. And that’s what I did, the first time I visited Praia da Luz.

“I put myself in the role of someone who knew nothing about the streets or the region. Where would I put the body of a girl?

“I stood at the apartment door – to the right is the town of Portimao. There are lots of people there, lots of buildings.

“If I had kidnapped her that’s not the way I’d want to go. I would want to go left, and find the first side road. I put my car on that road, and I went straight to Burgau. It’s a nearby beach, with a lot of rocks with caves.

“It’s a good place to put somebody. As far as I know the police never went there, because you would need divers.

“In a case where you hear theories like aliens and gypsies kidnapping Madeleine, I think this is as good as all the others.

We’ve heard theories so stupid over these 10 years. When we don’t understand something, we complicate it.

“I think sometimes – always – the best solution is the simple solution.”

Mr Cristovao left the police to head up Portugal’s Association for Missing Children the year Maddie vanished. He later wrote a book about the case.

Now, discussing her disappearance for the first time in nearly a decade, he has laid out the errors he thinks set the investigation on the road to failure.

Instead of old-fashioned legwork, he believes there was too much focus on outlandish theories and behavioural profiles in the first hours and days.

Ten years ago, Mr Cristovao claimed the McCanns had been neglectful to leave their children alone as they dined nearby.

But he insists he does not believe Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, are behind her death.

He said: “The most important thing was starting an investigation on Madeleine – where is she? – instead of starting an investigation because the mother looks like this, or the father looks like that, or the mother won’t cry, or the father won’t cry.

“For me, that’s bulls**t, because everybody has their own way. I have my own little girl, and if she goes missing for 10 seconds I feel like my world has fallen apart. Everybody reacts differently.”

Mr Cristovao says this was the biggest failing of all – from the first on the scene, to the judicial police, to the British investigators who later joined the hunt. This was even though the case went on to become reportedly the most expensive in Portuguese history.

He said: “When Madeleine disappeared, we had 12 other missing children – three or four in the Madeira islands, the rest on the mainland.

“The money we spent on Madeleine was a million times more than all the others put together.

“I don’t know if it was pressure from government or the media, but it was the most expensive investigation in the history of Portugal – by far.

“That’s one of the lessons too, not always putting big numbers and lots of policemen. Sometimes you don’t need 400 officers, you need only three or four to focus on the results.”

In the UK police have spent more than £11million on the investigation.

Mr Cristovao also believes the waters were made murkier by the scale of the operation internationally – as agencies competed for control.

He said: “Half the world was investigating because everyone wanted the reward. Everybody wanted to be recognised for solving the case.

“Madeleine was big business for many, many people.”

Ex-Scotland Yard detective Colin Sutton said yesterday Madeleine was most likely kidnapped by traffickers. He said: “It’s more likely than a paedophile ring. Six and seven-year-olds are much more at risk from paedophiles.”

RosieandSam
RosieandSam

Activity : 288

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.04.17 0:23

RosieandSam wrote:Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken

Paulo Pereira Cristovao says: “I think this case has lots of mistakes – from many persons, from many situations, from the police and maybe from the government"

ByAlan Selby
22:46, 22 APR 2017

Madeleine McCann was snatched and taken to a warren of caves nearby that have never been searched, a Portuguese investigator has suggested.

The theory comes from ex cop Paulo Pereira Cristovao – who became the boss of Portugal’s missing children agency in the same year the three-year-old disappeared.

Today he takes the unusual step of criticising his fellow officers, saying human error is to blame for the failure to find Madeleine.

Speaking a decade after Maddie vanished, Mr Cristovao told the Sunday Mirror: “I think this case has lots of mistakes – from many persons, from many situations, from the police and maybe from the government.

“At the end of the day we all forgot one person: Madeleine McCann.”

Paulo Pereira Cristovao: Ex-top cop breaks Madeleine McCann silence to say where he thinks she was taken PROD-Girl-missing-in-Algarve
Madeleine McCann went missing 10 years ago from an apartment in Portugal while on a family holiday  (Photo: PA)

Mr Cristovao believes somebody is still keeping details of that night – May 3, 2007 – concealed from investigators.

That was when Madeleine went missing from the Ocean Club complex at the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, where she was on holiday with parents Kate and Gerry and their friends.

Mr Cristovao says: “Someone close to those people, or someone from the group, still has not said all that he or she knows about this.

“That’s my feeling – and I know there are many who think just like me. I think not everybody in that group has told the truth to the police. Why? I don’t know.”

Mr Cristovao’s theory is that Madeleine could well have been taken to caves in the tiny beach town of Burgau, three miles along the coast.

He formulated the idea after putting himself in the shoes of a kidnapper on his first visit to the Ocean Club flat where Madeleine went missing.

Ahead of the 10th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance, the former officer said: “That’s the most important thing for me. And that’s what I did, the first time I visited Praia da Luz.

“I put myself in the role of someone who knew nothing about the streets or the region. Where would I put the body of a girl?

“I stood at the apartment door – to the right is the town of Portimao. There are lots of people there, lots of buildings.

“If I had kidnapped her that’s not the way I’d want to go. I would want to go left, and find the first side road. I put my car on that road, and I went straight to Burgau. It’s a nearby beach, with a lot of rocks with caves.

“It’s a good place to put somebody. As far as I know the police never went there, because you would need divers.

“In a case where you hear theories like aliens and gypsies kidnapping Madeleine, I think this is as good as all the others.

We’ve heard theories so stupid over these 10 years. When we don’t understand something, we complicate it.

“I think sometimes – always – the best solution is the simple solution.”

Mr Cristovao left the police to head up Portugal’s Association for Missing Children the year Maddie vanished. He later wrote a book about the case.

Now, discussing her disappearance for the first time in nearly a decade, he has laid out the errors he thinks set the investigation on the road to failure.

Instead of old-fashioned legwork, he believes there was too much focus on outlandish theories and behavioural profiles in the first hours and days.

Ten years ago, Mr Cristovao claimed the McCanns had been neglectful to leave their children alone as they dined nearby.

But he insists he does not believe Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, are behind her death.

He said: “The most important thing was starting an investigation on Madeleine – where is she? – instead of starting an investigation because the mother looks like this, or the father looks like that, or the mother won’t cry, or the father won’t cry.

“For me, that’s bulls**t, because everybody has their own way. I have my own little girl, and if she goes missing for 10 seconds I feel like my world has fallen apart. Everybody reacts differently.”

Mr Cristovao says this was the biggest failing of all – from the first on the scene, to the judicial police, to the British investigators who later joined the hunt. This was even though the case went on to become reportedly the most expensive in Portuguese history.

He said: “When Madeleine disappeared, we had 12 other missing children – three or four in the Madeira islands, the rest on the mainland.

“The money we spent on Madeleine was a million times more than all the others put together.

“I don’t know if it was pressure from government or the media, but it was the most expensive investigation in the history of Portugal – by far.

“That’s one of the lessons too, not always putting big numbers and lots of policemen. Sometimes you don’t need 400 officers, you need only three or four to focus on the results.”

In the UK police have spent more than £11million on the investigation.

Mr Cristovao also believes the waters were made murkier by the scale of the operation internationally – as agencies competed for control.

He said: “Half the world was investigating because everyone wanted the reward. Everybody wanted to be recognised for solving the case.

Ex-Scotland Yard detective Colin Sutton said yesterday Madeleine was most likely kidnapped by traffickers. He said: “It’s more likely than a paedophile ring. Six and seven-year-olds are much more at risk from paedophiles.”

This couldn't be the very same Paulo Pereira Cristovao as the Paulo Pereira Cristovao, the corrupt crook who just two years ago was banged up in Evora Jail, alongside the ex-Prime Minister Jose Socrates, also in prison for serious corruption offences...???

...could it???

http://portugalresident.com/ex-pj-high-flyer-joins-s%C3%B3crates-%E2%80%9Csitting-it-out%E2%80%9D-in-%C3%A9vora-jail

P.S.  I see that Ex-Met Police detective and CMOMM member Colin Sutton = outlandish gets yet another mention with this:

Er, Colin, have you got any actual evidence to support this theory of yours? I mean, literally, any evidence whatsoever? Even one crumb? I thought real detectives were guided in their hypotheses by actual evidence? Am I wrong?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.04.17 0:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
This couldn't be the very same Paulo Pereira Cristovao as the Paulo Pereira Cristovao, the corrupt crook who just two years ago was banged up in Evora Jail, alongside the ex-Prime Minister Jose Socrates, also in prison for serious corruption offences...???

...could it???
From what he says, it would appear his 'source' was/is David Edgar - either that or he was David Edgar's 'source'.  Yes, that sounds more likely.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 23.04.17 0:37

Er, where has the old 5 2 3 1 or whatever that rubbish was gotten to? And he knows the abductor has never been in Luz before! Seeing as he's so good at soothsaying and numbers, any chance of giving us the oul' Lotto numbers for next week Paulo or should I just go 5 3 2 1 52 31 and chance me luck?  Wink
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 23.04.17 11:17

“I put myself in the role of someone who knew nothing about the streets or the region. Where would I put the body of a girl?"

The body? 5A cadaver dog's alerts? So we have a kidnapper who kills Madeleine then stays around 5A long enough for cadaver odour to be detectable and passes the time by moving her body around. 
Is this intended to fit Gerry's fears about someone being in the apartment when he claimed he checked the children? He was so concerned he then walked out and left them alone again. If only he hadn't needed to add the loving parent theme. The extra fabrication of waxing lyrical about his joy at the sight of his three children sleeping.  

At least whoever created this jumble got something right.
“Someone from the group, still has not said all that he or she knows about this.
I think not everybody in that group has told the truth to the police.”
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 23.04.17 12:55

-----------------------

"Ask D Payne, Paulo"

D Payne 'interview' with Leicestershire Police. (Friday the eleventh of April two thousand and eight, 11/04/2008)

DC 1485 MESSIAH (Leicestershire Police) "Is there anything that you consider pertinent or relevant to establish the material truth?'' (about a three years old child's 'disappearance')

DP 'reply': "Err the, there are a few things but I don't think this is the right forum for bringing those up.'

DC 1485 MESSIAH: "Okay....".
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 23.04.17 13:02

jeanmonroe wrote:Mr Cristovao says: “Someone close to those people, or someone from the group, still has not said all that he or she knows about this.

-----------------------

"Ask D Payne, Paulo"

D Payne 'interview' with Leicestershire Police. (Friday the eleventh of April two thousand and eight, 11/04/2008)

DC 1485 MESSIAH (Leicestershire Police) "Is there anything that you consider pertinent or relevant to establish the material truth?'' (about a three years old child's 'disappearance')

DP 'reply': "Err the, there are a few things but I don't think this is the right forum for bringing those up.'

DC 1485 MESSIAH: "Okay....".

An okay from Leicestershire Police. Is it safe to assume his "few things" didn't need to, err erm, find the right forum?
At least the Drs, Gaspars' did, eventually.
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 23.04.17 13:19

“That’s my feeling – and I know there are many who think just like me. I think not everybody in that group has told the truth to the police. Why? I don’t know.

No shit Sherlock.

The reason that not everybody in the group has told the truth to the police is because of guilty knowledge.
They either killed Maddie either accidentally or deliberately (kate told us it was murder remember) or they know what happened to Maddie, who did it and how, why it was done and then helped in the concealment and filing a false police report in one way or another.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 23.04.17 13:59

----------------------------

And STILL IS, Paulo, STILL IS!

Ask Pinky Titchell!

£224,000 in his 'sky rocket', paid to him from 'donations' to 'Madeleine's Fund'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top