The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Mm11

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Mm11

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Regist10

What was Gerry applauded for again??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Empty What was Gerry applauded for again??

Post by JohnyT 13.03.17 15:37

Hi
Vaguely remember Mr Mc going to a police cenference? and getting applauded.
       Why?
JohnyT
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Empty Re: What was Gerry applauded for again??

Post by worriedmum 13.03.17 17:46

JohnyT wrote:Hi
       Why?
JohnyT

wft
Why indeed!
rhetorical question
noun
noun: rhetorical question; plural noun: rhetorical questions
a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.

"the presentation was characterized by impossibly long sentences and a succession of rhetorica

worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

What was Gerry applauded for again?? Empty Re: What was Gerry applauded for again??

Post by Guest 13.03.17 17:46

I just finished Kate Mccann's book and she mentions this event. In July 2007, Gerry Mccann was invited to the NPIA's Annual Police Bravery Awards, sponsored by News International, where Gerry gave a speech and received a standing ovation. I'll try to find the section from the book as it's very revealing in terms of the McCanns' moral compass!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end 13.03.17 21:45

JohnyT wrote:Hi
       Why?
JohnyT
On the record, dunno, maybe the audience were told to applaud him or else their careers were down the toilet. Off the record well if ever there was a case that could be bullsh1tted and made to fool the public  that the British Police forces can make or break an investigation if they stick together well this was it. Wasn't Garden Broon involved as well?

grouphug
Lands_end

Activity : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.03.17 23:58

What was Gerry applauded for, again??
---------------------------

For standing 'stock still' in the middle of the stage!

None of the police officers, in the 'audience', could 'believe' that it was even 'possible' that 'a pile of shi*e' could be 'stacked' that HIGH!

5' 10" 'tall'!

And spontaneously 'applauded' at the sheer 'wonderment' of it all.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.03.17 0:34

He was invited to the Police Bravery Award ceremony by the Sun tabloid - the Murdoch empire.

He received a standing ovation - Tracey Kandohla frantically turning the clapper board behind the curtain.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 14.03.17 8:32

jeanmonroe wrote:What was Gerry applauded for, again??
---------------------------

For standing 'stock still' in the middle of the stage!

None of the police officers, in the 'audience', could 'believe' that it was even 'possible' that 'a pile of shi*e' could be 'stacked' that HIGH!

5' 10" 'tall'!

And 'applauded' at the sheer 'wonderment' of it all.
big grin  That has to be the explanation surely. It beggars (my) belief it could have been for anything he might have errrrr, um, errr,  uttered.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.17 8:36

What's_up_doc? wrote:I just finished Kate Mccann's book and she mentions this event. In July 2007, Gerry Mccann was invited to the NPIA's Annual Police Bravery Awards, sponsored by News International, where Gerry gave a speech and received a standing ovation. I'll try to find the section from the book as it's very revealing in terms of the McCanns' moral compass!
News International?

I never knew that.

Interesting.

I wonder who did the invites?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.03.17 9:17

BlueBag wrote:
What's_up_doc? wrote:I just finished Kate Mccann's book and she mentions this event. In July 2007, Gerry Mccann was invited to the NPIA's Annual Police Bravery Awards, sponsored by News International, where Gerry gave a speech and received a standing ovation. I'll try to find the section from the book as it's very revealing in terms of the McCanns' moral compass!
News International?

I never knew that.

Interesting.

I wonder who did the invites?
Yes, it was quite a do. Rebbekah was there of course, as was Prince Charles as honorary guest.

Later in the day Gerry visited the CEOP centre.

And all the while he is a suspect in a Portuguese police investigation into his missing child.

It's really Through the Looking Glass territory, isn't it?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.17 10:16

Here is the extract from KM's book:

The next day Gerry left for London to attend the National Police Bravery Awards. We had been invited there by The Sun, who sponsored the event and wanted to give us a special award. We didn't feel comfortable with that... They told us that was fine: we didn't have to accept any tribute. All they wanted was to support us. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.17 10:24

Mirage wrote:
Yes, it was quite a do. Rebbekah was there of course, as was Prince Charles as honorary guest.

Later in the day Gerry visited the CEOP centre.

And all the while he is a suspect in a Portuguese police investigation into his missing child.

It's really Through the Looking Glass territory, isn't it?
Nerves of steel. Tells you all need to know, they will never voluntarily stop "the search".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wallad 13.10.17 16:50

Guest wrote:Here is the extract from KM's book:

The next day Gerry left for London to attend the National Police Bravery Awards. We had been invited there by The Sun, who sponsored the event and wanted to give us a special award. We didn't feel comfortable with that... They told us that was fine: we didn't have to accept any tribute. All they wanted was to support us. 
 Well thanks for your permission The Sun. She doesn't say whether they received the award or not.
wallad

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top