The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Mm11

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Mm11

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Regist10

Missing People - spot the missing person!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing People - spot the missing person!

Post by worriedmum 02.09.16 21:33

Good post Aquila,  and ''then he went missing again (perhaps they should've asked a postman to find him) Mrs ''
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Missing People - spot the missing person! - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing People - spot the missing person!

Post by Liz Eagles 04.09.16 12:32

Missing People are having something of a recruitment drive

Director of People - salary £50k

After Care Officer - salary £24 - £26k

Fundraising Officer - salary £20k

Policy and Campaigns Manager £32 - £36k

All of these positions are based in South West London and some of the salaries shown are pro rata to hours worked (why the salary isn't shown as hours worked is beyond my comprehension).

The After Care Officer position is particularly interesting as it is funded by Big Lottery Wales and yet is based in London. Why a job share would be considered for a position requiring only three days per week also baffles me.

"This post is an exciting opportunity to assist in implementing the last year of our 3 year Aftercare pilot project across Wales, funded by Big Lottery Wales. People can go missing for a range of reasons and research has shown that reconnection should be handled holistically and tailored to individual needs. Someone’s return after missing can be the start of a very challenging period of recovery.

The Aftercare service provides a comprehensive range of tailored support services to recently missing children/young people and adults along with their families. This support will help address the issues that led to the person going missing and to prevent further episodes of missing in the future.

South West London (Mortlake – only 13 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo)

Contract
Fixed term contract until September 2017

Hours
21 hours per week, some out of office hour’s work may be required. Working pattern:  3 days a week Monday-Friday hours either 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm. (Job share will also be considered.)

Salary
£24,000 – £26,000 pro rata (depending on experience)"

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/current-vacancies/807-aftercare-supervisor-2016.html
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.09.16 14:15

Update on asking my postman: I've just spoken to my postman.

The postman knows nothing about Missing People. He has told me he has a hand-held device (PDA) on which he presses two buttons (delivered/not delivered) and tells me in no uncertain terms he doesn't have time to do anything other than deliver the post.

This postman is coming up to 14 years service.

He tells me he knows nothing about the Missing People charity. He tells me it's bullshit that anyone has been asked to keep an eye out on their hand-held devices.

Ask your postman is all I can say.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 07.09.16 20:55

aquila wrote:Update on asking my postman: I've just spoken to my postman.

The postman knows nothing about Missing People. He has told me he has a hand-held device (PDA) on which he presses two buttons (delivered/not delivered) and tells me in no uncertain terms he doesn't have time to do anything other than deliver the post.

This postman is coming up to 14 years service.

He tells me he knows nothing about the Missing People charity. He tells me it's bullshit that anyone has been asked to keep an eye out on their hand-held devices.

Ask your postman is all I can say.
Have just returned from my travels abroad, hopefully for good this time. 
Anyway, I too had the chance to ask my post woman as I had to sign in a small box of the PDA when having a parcel delivered. She knew absolutely nothing of the missing people charity, in fact her words were " who, missing people, never heard of them". She has been in the job 12 years.
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 08.09.16 1:27

aquila wrote:Missing People are having something of a recruitment drive

Director of People - salary £50k

After Care Officer - salary £24 - £26k

Fundraising Officer - salary £20k

Policy and Campaigns Manager £32 - £36k

All of these positions are based in South West London and some of the salaries shown are pro rata to hours worked (why the salary isn't shown as hours worked is beyond my comprehension).

The After Care Officer position is particularly interesting as it is funded by Big Lottery Wales and yet is based in London. Why a job share would be considered for a position requiring only three days per week also baffles me.

"This post is an exciting opportunity to assist in implementing the last year of our 3 year Aftercare pilot project across Wales, funded by Big Lottery Wales. People can go missing for a range of reasons and research has shown that reconnection should be handled holistically and tailored to individual needs. Someone’s return after missing can be the start of a very challenging period of recovery.

The Aftercare service provides a comprehensive range of tailored support services to recently missing children/young people and adults along with their families. This support will help address the issues that led to the person going missing and to prevent further episodes of missing in the future.

South West London (Mortlake – only 13 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo)

Contract
Fixed term contract until September 2017

Hours
21 hours per week, some out of office hour’s work may be required. Working pattern:  3 days a week Monday-Friday hours either 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm. (Job share will also be considered.)

Salary
£24,000 – £26,000 pro rata (depending on experience)"

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/current-vacancies/807-aftercare-supervisor-2016.html
So what's the salary for an Ambassador, or is that just in name only? 

By the way, my postie of 10 years knows nothing of "missing people" only "missing parcels"... Makes you wonder what on earth is going on?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 04.11.16 21:03

A few interesting stat’s from a Met Police FOI response disclosed today:

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:

I note you seek access to the following information:

1) The number of children who were recorded as missing five times or more in 2014/2015
2) The number of children who were recorded as absent five times or more in 2014/2015
3) For the ten children who were missing the most number of times in 2014/2015:
·       -  How many times were they recorded as missing?
·       -  Please provide the age and gender of each of these ten children
4) For the ten children who were absent the most number of times in 2014/2015: - How many times were they recorded as absent?
- Please provide the age and gender of each of these ten children

If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary?

DECISION
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full. I shall address each question in turn.

1) The number of children who were recorded as missing five times or more in 2014/2015

2) The number of children who were recorded as absent five times or more in 2014/2015

3) For the ten children who were missing the most number of times in 2014/2015:
·       -  How many times were they recorded as missing?
·       -  Please provide the age and gender of each of these ten children

Pseudonym Gender Age Count of Missing
A F 16 88
B F 17 68
C F 17 67
D F 17 67
E M 15 67
F F 16 65
G F 14 64
H F 16 64
I M 16 64
J F 17 63

4) For the ten children who were absent the most number of times in 2014/2015:
How many times were they recorded as absent?
Please provide the age and gender of each of these ten children

Pseudonym Gender Age Count of Absent
K M 17 75
L M 15 65
M M 17 53
N M 17 52
O M 17 50
P M 15 47
Q F 17 44
R M 17 42
S M 17 36
T M 17 35

The Metropolitan Police Service treats all cases of missing people seriously. We have well established processes and policies and will do everything within our control to work towards their safe return. In addition, the MPS works closely with our partners and charities to continually review and improve procedures and investigative methods.

It is important to note that this data includes both missing and absent incidents. The introduction of "absent" in 2014 has seen an increase in people who are reported who in the past may not have been recorded as they didn't fit the definition of a missing person.

We currently investigate up to 43,000 missing person cases each year. Each report of a missing person is recorded, risk assessed and investigated. They are graded as high, medium or low risk, which determines the level of response and resources allocated to locate the individual. Investigations start as soon as a report is made to police and the majority of missing people are located within one-day, safe and well.

Those that are not located remain as open cases and are subject to regular review and action. Every MPS borough has a dedicated Missing Persons Unit which is staffed with experienced and skilled officers. They are generally responsible for ongoing investigations; however those cases deemed high risk are led by detectives from the CID and are overseen by members of the borough's Senior Leadership Team. On being located, all missing adults and children are de-briefed to establish the reasons for, and details of, their absence.

The Missing Persons Co-ordinators Unit (set up in 2014) is currently actively working with care homes, local authorities, NHS trusts etc across the MPS to work together in partnership to reduce the number of missing episodes. By ensuring appropriate safeguarding is in place for those persons reported missing our aim is to prevent them going missing again in the future and therefore reduce the risk of harm coming to them.

The welfare of missing people is of paramount importance to the MPS and we do everything within our control to work towards their safe return.

Information Rights Unit

http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2016/august_2016/2016070000840.pdf
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top