The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by FrankS on 04.07.14 12:32

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@inspirespirit wrote:I don't believe for one moment that the police think it was burglars.  burglars steal things.  They don't kidnap and murder children.  Nothing was stolen. Burglars are opportunists.  If someone was robbing the apartment and Maddie had woken up, they would have just fled the scene, grabbing whatever they could on the way.  The police obviously now believe she was murdered and buried locally, so they have to ask themselves 'Who and Why'.   Every police officer worth his salt knows the chances of it being a stranger is phenomonally highly unlikely.   I'm sure they will HAVE to go down the parent route once they have eliminated all other avenues of enquiry.

This is the interesting part.  Even when I don my 'cover-up' or 'redwood is a buffoon'  hat, it looks like they won't fit up a patsy.  So yes - if they have now eliminated everyone, what is their next move?   Do they simply say "oh well, we tried so very hard - but it's still a mystery - just keep an eye on those 4 Arguidos, they seem the most likely suspects"?   Do they move onto the parents and give them a good grilling?    Or what ?  

It seems like we are getting very close to that point.
They wont and cannot fit up a patsy in this. Impossible.

They will move onto the parents.

The only direction it can be for a conclusion.

FrankS

Posts : 97
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 12:33

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
This is the interesting part.  Even when I don my 'cover-up' or 'redwood is a buffoon'  hat, it looks like they won't fit up a patsy.  So yes - if they have now eliminated everyone, what is their next move?   Do they simply say "oh well, we tried so very hard - but it's still a mystery - just keep an eye on those 4 Arguidos, they seem the most likely suspects"?   Do they move onto the parents and give them a good grilling?    Or what ?  

It seems like we are getting very close to that point.

If they do leave it as a mystery, what will have been the point of the whitewash? So far it hasn't helped the McCanns, it's harmed them - in my personal experience, there are more doubters than before. It can only have been crass stupidity to draw the public's attention to Smithman and what Martin Smith said about him. And if the burglars-that-killed-Maddie-and-buried-the-body story is going to be a permanent ending, it is with the most unbelievable story imaginable.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 12:35

Popcorn wrote:
I cannot see how it is possible for Operation Grange to complete a multi-million pound investigation without interviewing the McCanns and their friends. They were the last people to see her alive. They are the ones who set up the "checking" system. They are the ones who witnessed the way the flat was left and what happened in the hours preceding her disappearance. If we assume the police do believe the parents to be totally innocent of any involvement and that they are investigating a stranger abduction, it's surely unthinkable that they would not interview those key witnesses?
I think they must have interviewed them in the course of the investigation, because if they have not, isn't that in itself a bit odd?

But as PeterMac rightly says, police only ask questions to which they already know the answer. Therefore there would be little point in alerting them early on in the investigation, you did it when it's time to wrap things up.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by plebgate on 04.07.14 12:40

@View-from-Ireland wrote:
@littlepixie wrote:I find it very, very strange that these people are being photographed putting up these wanted posters.


Why? We have passed even the intrusive media age and are now in an era of social media, camera phones/selfies/twitter/facebook. 

More photographs have been taken in the last three years than in the whole century before 2010. Why is it surprising? Same with SY landing in Portugal. Anything that happens these days has somebody nearby to snap it.
I find it strange LP that they are being photographed putting up the posters because Crime Watch was not broadcast in Portugal.  Why put up these posters now when a much wider Portugese audience would have been reached had the CW prog. been shown there?

plebgate

Posts : 6204
Reputation : 1855
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Justformaddie on 04.07.14 12:43

Mirror saying maddie cops to use sniffer dogs to search a shops premises where a new witness said they'd seen a maddie lookalike entering with a man on the 3rd may

____________________
Parents=protection high5 
avatar
Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by jozi on 04.07.14 12:44

@FrankS wrote:
@jozi wrote:
@FrankS wrote:
@jozi wrote:"This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of inquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally," the statement said.
Yep.

I go along with that.

That is just ONE hypothesis , they did not find a body eh !!! Now just remind us all when is the trial to start again......nothing found to suggest that Maddie has come to harm ???????????????

IMO
That is the ONLY hypothesis there is IMO.

Not by burglar's or abductors.

Unfortunately Maddie DID come to harm
Hope you are right FrankS this case has more twists and turns and I have lost all faith in the Met and wonder JUST what they are up to !!!
avatar
jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by plebgate on 04.07.14 12:47

@endgame wrote:
@View-from-Ireland wrote:Sorry Tony but those points are mostly opinions and not facts, especially number five. None of us stood where the Smths were that night so can't possibly know what impression they were left with. Given that Martin later suspected the man he saw resembled Gerry, I am sure they saw enough to assist with drawing up an e-fit. 

How accurate is any e-fit? They are always an impression of what the witness saw/remembers seeing. If you think they are a fabrication, then surely SY wouldn't come up with something so reminiscent of Gerry?
I'm afraid you are totally ignoring the crucial fact which Tony and others have pointed out time and time again which is that none of the Smiths claim to have seen the man's face. The "identification" of GM was based purely on hair, build, body language and the way in which the child was carried which for Mr Smith resonated strongly with what he saw of GM on television. None of this is enough to create a description of the man's face which is what the e-fit represents.
 My bolding.

plebgate

Posts : 6204
Reputation : 1855
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 12:49

@Justformaddie wrote:Mirror saying maddie cops to use sniffer dogs to search a shops premises where a new witness said they'd seen a maddie lookalike entering with a man on the 3rd may

Are these the cadaver dogs?  Wouldn't that indicate that the police suspect that the man entered the "commercial premises" with a dead body, and not a live girl?

ETA - but probably just elimination of a lead I suppose.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by FrankS on 04.07.14 12:50

@jozi wrote:Hope you are right FrankS this case has more twists and turns and I have lost all faith in the Met and wonder JUST what they are up to !!!
What they are upto?

Solving the puzzle. That's what.

Nobody knows exactly what they are upto as they do not give a running commentary to the press.

The press make things up.

Keep the faith jozi.

FrankS

Posts : 97
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Bishop Brennan on 04.07.14 12:50

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
This is the interesting part.  Even when I don my 'cover-up' or 'redwood is a buffoon'  hat, it looks like they won't fit up a patsy.  So yes - if they have now eliminated everyone, what is their next move?   Do they simply say "oh well, we tried so very hard - but it's still a mystery - just keep an eye on those 4 Arguidos, they seem the most likely suspects"?   Do they move onto the parents and give them a good grilling?    Or what ?  

It seems like we are getting very close to that point.

If they do leave it as a mystery, what will have been the point of the whitewash?  So far it hasn't helped the McCanns, it's harmed them - in my personal experience, there are more doubters than before.  It can only have been crass stupidity to draw the public's attention to Smithman and what Martin Smith said about him.  And if the burglars-that-killed-Maddie-and-buried-the-body story is going to be a permanent ending, it is with the most unbelievable story imaginable.

Good question. It would seem to be a pointless waste of money.  If that did happen, it might point to "incompetence" rather than whitewash.  It was DC that ordered the review - SY did not request it - they were told what to do, and told to treat it as an abduction.  They may well have been reluctant players in all this - going through the motions for 3 years knowing that it was unlikely to lead anywhere.   As indeed it didn't.   And if the remit has not changed, then Redwood either has to call it quits, or plod on with his 38 more 'persons of interest',  5000 uk sex offenders and countless ILRs.   All very unsatisfactory for justice.  And indeed for the McCanns.

ETA: This would not be the first major error of judgement by DC (cf his Team Nigella, and Team Rebekka comments). Taking the field for Team McCann probably seemed like another good idea at the time.
avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Justformaddie on 04.07.14 12:53

What shop
avatar
Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 12:55

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
Good question. It would seem to be a pointless waste of money.  If that did happen, it might point to "incompetence" rather than whitewash.  It was DC that ordered the review - SY did not request it - they were told what to do, and told to treat it as an abduction.  They may well have been reluctant players in all this - going through the motions for 3 years knowing that it was unlikely to lead anywhere.   As indeed it didn't.   And if the remit has not changed, then Redwood either has to call it quits, or plod on with his 38 more 'persons of interest',  5000 uk sex offenders and countless ILRs.   All very unsatisfactory for justice.  And indeed for the McCanns.


I find the whole 'remit' business to be a little overplayed.  If the police were told to go to a factory to investigate a theft, and then discovered a dead body there I wouldn't expect them to ignore it.  Surely if the evidence suggests a certain crime has been committed, it matters not whether it was in the remit (and remit for the review, not the investigation anyway)?

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by plebgate on 04.07.14 13:00

@endgame wrote:
@inspirespirit wrote:Sounds promising :   Taken from...  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10942089/Madeleine-McCann-suspects-questioning-leads-to-no-new-developments.html.  To me it sounds as if they are working from the bottom, up.  Getting rid of the dross before they get to the prime suspects.

"On finishing the latest search police said it had been the "first phase of this major investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese".
A statement from Scotland Yard during the searches said there was "still a substantial amount of work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months”.
"This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of inquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally," the statement said.
"This is the same as would be done in the UK for a murder or high-risk missing person inquiry."
Except that the last sentence is grotesquely untrue. The idea that in any murder or missing person inquiry the police start by ignoring the evidence that exists, brainstorm all sorts of hypotheses based on no evidence at all and then decide that they need to explore all those hypotheses for several years before they might actually get round to looking at the evidence is utterly bizarre. The fact that there are many posters on this forum who genuinely believe that this is how the police do operate and that AR is pursuing possibly the most sophisticated operation ever undertaken by the Met Police is something I find difficult to come to terms with and which the whole of the Portuguese media, ex Home Secretary Rui Pereira and Goncalo Amaral find completely laughable.
For those who believe that it is how the police operate maybe a look at Sandra Pullman in action is needed?  big grin

plebgate

Posts : 6204
Reputation : 1855
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by ChippyM on 04.07.14 13:00

"
British cops searching for Madeleine McCann are set to send sniffer dogs into a shop where a suspect was seen with a young child on the night the three-year-old vanished.
And detectives are prepared to fight for a Portuguese court order which would allow them to sweep the building for clues.
But Met officers in the Algarve hope the business owner will open his doors to their search dogs, rather than launch a long court battle.
There were a number of sightings of a man seen carrying a child towards the beach away from the holiday apartments were Madeleine’s family were staying in Praia da Luz in 2007.
Now detectives are looking at a particular building, believed to be along the same route, where a new witness has said they saw a suspect going inside with a girl.
It is understood the new information has been gathered by detectives working on Operation Grange, the UK probe into Madeleine’s disappearance.
The exact location and nature of the shop business has not been revealed.

Their report said: “Other work is still to be confirmed, including searches in a commercial premises in Praia da Luz where someone is said to have seen a man with a child similar to Madeleine entering around the time of her disappearance,  a procedure which may require judicial authorisation unless approved by the owner of the premises.”

   So a shop or commercial premises, no mention of if it was a premises that was being used at the time and if a girl was seen entering 'around the time of her dissaperarence' how does that fit between the Tapas lots checks?

ChippyM

Posts : 1334
Reputation : 467
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by jozi on 04.07.14 13:03

@FrankS wrote:
@jozi wrote:Hope you are right FrankS this case has more twists and turns and I have lost all faith in the Met and wonder JUST what they are up to !!!
What they are upto?

Solving the puzzle. That's what.

Nobody knows exactly what they are upto as they do not give a running commentary to the press.

The press make things up.

Keep the faith jozi.
Well, we will just have to wait and see if the Great British Coppers come up with the goods............ or not ?
avatar
jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Justformaddie on 04.07.14 13:04

That's not maddie IMO hairs too long must be different shop cause of the dogs

____________________
Parents=protection high5 
avatar
Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Bishop Brennan on 04.07.14 13:07

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
Good question. It would seem to be a pointless waste of money.  If that did happen, it might point to "incompetence" rather than whitewash.  It was DC that ordered the review - SY did not request it - they were told what to do, and told to treat it as an abduction.  They may well have been reluctant players in all this - going through the motions for 3 years knowing that it was unlikely to lead anywhere.   As indeed it didn't.   And if the remit has not changed, then Redwood either has to call it quits, or plod on with his 38 more 'persons of interest',  5000 uk sex offenders and countless ILRs.   All very unsatisfactory for justice.  And indeed for the McCanns.


I find the whole 'remit' business to be a little overplayed.  If the police were told to go to a factory to investigate a theft, and then discovered a dead body there I wouldn't expect them to ignore it.  Surely if the evidence suggests a certain crime has been committed, it matters not whether it was in the remit (and remit for the review, not the investigation anyway)?

Indeed. And we don't know if any new evidence has been discovered. But we are approaching 'decision time' for Operation Grange. Where they go from here will start to answer quite a lot of these questions. Fascinating stuff...
avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.07.14 13:07

Another possibility is that SY have announced this 'shop search' as a justification for them hanging around in Portugal for a little longer, at least until say the 8th...  big grin

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by jozi on 04.07.14 13:13

This is a article is old and I think this is when Kate was whisked back to the Police Station to see if she could identify the child in the cctv clip and all she did was complain the Police drove too fast !!!
avatar
jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by MRNOODLES on 04.07.14 13:17


Yeah no doubt it's all guff. I just posted the link to show there was an alleged sighting hours after and it was reported.
avatar
MRNOODLES

Posts : 747
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.07.14 13:30

@FrankS wrote:
What are they up to?

Solving the puzzle. That's what.

Nobody knows exactly what they are up to
"What are they up to...nobody knows exactly...they are solving the puzzle, that's what".

Can anyone else spot the flawed logic here?

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14978
Reputation : 3029
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum