The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Mm11

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Mm11

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Regist10

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Empty Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Post by della70 20.05.14 17:43

utahagen wrote:Mirage posted: "Looking at the activity/or lack of activity over recent days for clues/mood..."

Great list, Mirage.

Here's why I am optimistic that the noose is tightening around the McCanns: if they were not involved in Madeleine's disappearance, or if they were involved but believe the fix is in to protect them, why have they seemed more frightened during the past two months than they did during the weeks after Madeleine disappeared? In interviews, they are less combative, less sure of themselves, more serious, and more on edge than I've ever seen them be. What tipped me off early on that the McCanns were lying is that they neever seemed FRIGHTENED during the days and weeks after Madeleine disappeared. They sometimes seemed serious and sad, but to me they never appeared frightened. So, why do they seem frightened now? Their defenders would assert that the McCanns are now reasonably afraid Madeleine will be found dead. But why would they think that now, after seven years of insisting she's alive? And even if they just now are grappling with the possibility/likelihood Madeleine is dead, why would they seem frightened instead of simply filled with dread? Given the many things you noted, including their wacky post about wanting the media to stop interfering, it's hard to believe these two are confident they either did nothing wrong or have got away with doing something wrong. They strike me as people who know that time is running out on them.
Didn't they say something along the line of not being niave in believing she was alife
della70

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Empty Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Post by Mirage 20.05.14 17:48

della70 wrote:
utahagen wrote:Mirage posted: "Looking at the activity/or lack of activity over recent days for clues/mood..."

Great list, Mirage.

Here's why I am optimistic that the noose is tightening around the McCanns: if they were not involved in Madeleine's disappearance, or if they were involved but believe the fix is in to protect them, why have they seemed more frightened during the past two months than they did during the weeks after Madeleine disappeared? In interviews, they are less combative, less sure of themselves, more serious, and more on edge than I've ever seen them be. What tipped me off early on that the McCanns were lying is that they neever seemed FRIGHTENED during the days and weeks after Madeleine disappeared. They sometimes seemed serious and sad, but to me they never appeared frightened. So, why do they seem frightened now? Their defenders would assert that the McCanns are now reasonably afraid Madeleine will be found dead. But why would they think that now, after seven years of insisting she's alive? And even if they just now are grappling with the possibility/likelihood Madeleine is dead, why would they seem frightened instead of simply filled with dread? Given the many things you noted, including their wacky post about wanting the media to stop interfering, it's hard to believe these two are confident they either did nothing wrong or have got away with doing something wrong. They strike me as people who know that time is running out on them.
Didn't they say something along the line of not being niave in believing she was alife

della70, you should see it come across on the scrolling banner at some point at the top of the page. KH said (in passing - ooh, can't resist  big grin )
'We're not going to sit here and lie and be totally naïve and say one hundred per cent she's alive.'
 I think that's accurate. I shall now wait for the banner scroll and check my memory score!

Oh and thanks for the compliment utahagen

eta, I left out "and lie". Duh. I've put it in now.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 17:52

@ Mirage "..not....say she's one hundred percent alive."
:)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Empty Time for another re-cap

Post by PeterMac 20.05.14 18:23

Since various people will be tracking this thread here it is again
Tavares de Almeida - author of the interim report - Quick reminder

Conclusions:
From everything that we have discovered, our files result in the following conclusions:
A. the minor Madeleine McCann died in Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, on the night of 3 May 2007
B. a simulation - a staged hoax - of an abduction took place
C. in order to render the child’s death impossible before 10.00pm, a situation of checking of the McCann couple’s children while they slept was concocted
D. Dr Gerald McCann and Dr Kate McCann are involved in the concealment of the corpse of their daughter, Madeleine McCann
E. at this moment, there seems to be no strong indications that the child’s death was other than the result of a tragic accident, yet;
From what has been established up to now, everything indicates that the McCann couple, in self-defence, did not want to deliver up Madeleine’s corpse immediately and voluntarily, and there is a strong possibility therefore that it was moved from the initial place where she died. This situation may raise questions concerning the circumstances in which the death of the child took place.

The Republic's Prosecutor - José de Magalhaes e Menezes
and
The Joint General Prosecutor - Joao Melchior Gomes
authors of the archiving report
. Quick Reminder

viii - Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow a reasonable man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction) nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively - the most dramatic - to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 20.05.14 18:30

PeterMac wrote:Since various people will be tracking this thread here it is again
Tavares de Almeida - author of the interim report - Quick reminder

Conclusions:
From everything that we have discovered, our files result in the following conclusions:
A. the minor Madeleine McCann died in Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, on the night of 3 May 2007
B. a simulation - a staged hoax - of an abduction took place
C. in order to render the child’s death impossible before 10.00pm, a situation of checking of the McCann couple’s children while they slept was concocted
D. Dr Gerald McCann and Dr Kate McCann are involved in the concealment of the corpse of their daughter, Madeleine McCann
E. at this moment, there seems to be no strong indications that the child’s death was other than the result of a tragic accident, yet;
From what has been established up to now, everything indicates that the McCann couple, in self-defence, did not want to deliver up Madeleine’s corpse immediately and voluntarily, and there is a strong possibility therefore that it was moved from the initial place where she died. This situation may raise questions concerning the circumstances in which the death of the child took place.

The Republic's Prosecutor - José de Magalhaes e Menezes
and
The Joint General Prosecutor - Joao Melchior Gomes
authors of the archiving report
. Quick Reminder

viii - Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow a reasonable man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction) nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively - the most dramatic - to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

Thanks PeterMac.  I've now saved your post for future reference (and for friends who are sitting on the fence). I keep referring to it but can never find it when I need to refer to it.    smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 20.05.14 18:41

Newintown wrote:
Thanks PeterMac.  I've now saved your post for future reference (and for friends who are sitting on the fence). I keep referring to it but can never find it when I need to refer to it.    smilie
And remember
1 They are not my words. These are the words from the two most important official documents, pored over and worked on, re-phrased and re-written, so that there can be no misunderstanding at any time in the future what they meant, or were intended to mean. They are in the public domain and every person interested in the case should read them both. Frequently

2 I am allowed to post them, as is every other person on the planet - with the exception of one Old Aged Pensioner who would be sent to prison for 3 months if he did so, on the complaint of the True Catholic, all forgiving, McCanns !

Funny Old World isn't it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 20.05.14 18:54

PeterMac wrote:
Newintown wrote:
And remember
1  They are not my words.   These are the words from the two most important official documents, pored over and worked on, re-phrased and re-written, so that there can be no misunderstanding at any time in the future what they meant, or were intended to mean.  They are in the public domain and every person interested in the case should read them both.  Frequently

2  I am allowed to post them, as is every other person on the planet - with the exception of one Old Aged Pensioner who would be sent to prison for 3 months if he did so, on the complaint of the True Catholic, all forgiving, McCanns !

Only true Catholics when it suits them to be.   winkwink

ETA: Referring to the McCanns of course.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 19:00

Newintown wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Newintown wrote:
And remember
1  They are not my words.   These are the words from the two most important official documents, pored over and worked on, re-phrased and re-written, so that there can be no misunderstanding at any time in the future what they meant, or were intended to mean.  They are in the public domain and every person interested in the case should read them both.  Frequently

2  I am allowed to post them, as is every other person on the planet - with the exception of one Old Aged Pensioner who would be sent to prison for 3 months if he did so, on the complaint of the True Catholic, all forgiving, McCanns !

Had an audience with the Pope after having had children by IVF.

The catholic religion isn't "pick'n'mix" is it?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 20.05.14 19:13

I know lots of Catholics who have had IVF. I actually don't know any Catholics who are opposed to it, despite the official teachings of the RC Church.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 20.05.14 19:13

aquila wrote:
Newintown wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Newintown wrote:
And remember

Had an audience with the Pope after having had children by IVF.

The catholic religion isn't "pick'n'mix" is it?

Well it is according to the McCanns.

It would be interesting to know why the Vatican took the McCanns off their website, perhaps they were advised that the McCanns were only Catholics when it suited them to be

(i.e. had children by IVF but needed the Pope's support to swell their Fund when looking for an "abducted" daughter).

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 19:15

This thread is in danger of going off topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Empty Police sex abuse units tied up with old cases

Post by Ribisl 20.05.14 19:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's still there. So it appears the McCanns' libelling days are clearly over.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 19:29

It does, Admin.
But I'd like to [again] mention, that the Secret Service of the Vatican is reputed to be "better' than the Mossad ...
And now, I go on topic again. That is, if I have anything to add to the discussion  smilie 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 20.05.14 19:37

Ribisl wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Perhaps they've run out of money for lawyers. Perhaps Carter Ruck have stopped representing them "for free".

Or perhaps they are saving what money they have left for the continuation of the libel trial and - another trial?? People to represent you in court don't come cheap ........

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 19:39

I hope you're right.

It will be interesting to see what the tabloids come out with tomorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 20.05.14 19:41

Tony Bennett wrote:
But has anyone considered this possibility?

Simply that Rupert Murdoch and his top journalists have been told that within the next few months, DCI Redwood and his team will announce the closure of their investigation, saying they have sufficient evidence that an abductor (known or unknown) - probably a paedophile - took Madeleine sometime between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on 3 May 2007, and that the abductor murdered her?

There is nothing at all inconsistent between that scenario and the Times report yesterday

But if they do that it will bring the blood and cadaver dog evidence to the fore.  

How are SY going to explain the fact of all the cadaver dog alerts were on items relating to the Mccanns? Then tell us they weren't to blame?

Most people remember the headline of maddies body in the boot of the Mccanns hire car, do you think believe will believe the abductor hired that very car to dispose of maddies body weeks later?

People aren't stupid, the Mccanns have very little support as it is a dead Maddie is a nightmare for them.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 20.05.14 19:43

margaret wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Simply that Rupert Murdoch and his top journalists have been told that within the next few months, DCI Redwood and his team will announce the closure of their investigation, saying they have sufficient evidence that an abductor (known or unknown) - probably a paedophile - took Madeleine sometime between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on 3 May 2007, and that the abductor murdered her?

There is nothing at all inconsistent between that scenario and the Times report yesterday

But if they do that it will bring the blood and cadaver dog evidence to the fore.  

How are SY going to explain the fact of all the cadaver dog alerts were on items relating to the Mccanns? Then tell us they weren't to blame?

Most people remember the headline of maddies body in the boot of the Mccanns hire car, do you think believe will believe the abductor hired that very car to dispose of maddies body weeks later?

People aren't stupid, the Mccanns have very little support as it is a dead Maddie is a nightmare for them.
I agree, the McCanns used the inconclusive results to proclaim that Madeleine was not dead, as soon as it is established that she is, all roads point back to the McCanns imo
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 20.05.14 19:43

THanks Ribisl, fingers crossed it's still there tomorrow....

How quickly were things whooshed clunked before?
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 20.05.14 19:49

margaret wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It would also negate the findings of the blood and cadaver dogs in future and in past cases.  It would open up a HUGE can of worms if the dogs weren't believed in the McCann case.  There would be hundreds of cases which could be overturned if the findings of Eddie and Keela were not upheld.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:22

Mirage wrote:

Just one small point, there was a distinct mark under KH's right eye on the day of the 10k.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More than a mark, Mirage. Looks like a black eye to me, one that she's tried to conceal. If you zoom in on her right eye, it's glaringly obvious (no pun intended!).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:33

AndyB wrote:
noddy100 wrote:This article is also about historical 'sex cases' not missing children
Gaspar?
Its about historical cases in general not specifically historic child sex abuse and I think we need to be careful not to read too much into the two other examples quoted. Having said that, I do find it intriguing that the Madeleine "murder" is listed between Pallial and Yewtree, both of which are historic child abuse investigations

The Times report is titled:

'Police sex abuse units tied up with old cases'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 20.05.14 20:33

Does look a bit bruised to me.  The mark on her cheekbone isn't new though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:45

noddy100 wrote:
Gollum wrote:
ChippyM wrote:I think it may be significant that this story is 'pay per view'. Maybe journalists are just itching to print the word 'murder' in relation to this case based on what sources have told them. They might be testing the waters by putting it behind a paywall.

Of course the alternative view is that with recent news of digging, someone has presumed this case is a murder.

I don't think so chippyM.  You subscribe to read the online version of the Times, it's as simple as that.  Instant viewing of the front page so to speak is only a taster probably to tempt you into subscribing, something the Sun is less forthcoming with but then who is likely to be tempted in that direction anyway? 

As for presuming a murder in this case, I think a number of on-lookers came to that view a long time ago.
This article is also about historical 'sex cases' not missing children
Gaspar?

Yes that screamed out to me as well.  I have thought in the past this might be the reason for involvement by the British police, if for example they are investigating a massive paedophile syndicate (these things can take years to bring to fruition, they are usually after the big fish (sea bass?) not the small fry (sardines?)) although I can't see how Operation Grunge fits in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:48

I don't think they are in any position to threaten the Murdoch empire do you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 20:55

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Does look a bit bruised to me.  The mark on her cheekbone isn't new though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What mark on the cheek bone?  She maybe fell over after a few glasses of New Zealand vintage or bumped into the old mans hairy chest. I haven't a clue, whatever I don't think that subject was included in the Times report which is still in situ by the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 20.05.14 21:24

Was Sean O'Neill quoting Sir Hugh Orde in the part of the article entitled 'Cost of Investigating the past - Madeleine McCann'? It reads as though he might have been or using some off the record briefing, It will be interesting to see if he replies on Twitter to where he got the word 'murder' from.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 4 Empty Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'murder'

Post by Monty Heck 20.05.14 21:37

Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".

Edited to add:  KMcC seems to have quite pronounced under eye bags in some photos/footage, more pronounced on one side than the other, plus there is an existing blemish there also.  Highly unlikely she has a black eye.  Lookswise, there is now quite a contrast between fresh, almost radiant she appeared in PDL back in 2007, even allowing for the passage of a few years.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 21:41

Monty Heck wrote:Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".
You can't excuse the word 'murder' imo.

It either has to be retracted or it stays in situ.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 20.05.14 21:50

aquila wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".
You can't excuse the word 'murder' imo.

It either has to be retracted or it stays in situ.
It will be interesting indeed if it stays in situ.  Given that there is a homicide team involved in investigating the disappearance and that the parents themselves have publicly conceded the child may not be alive, which in the case of a child alleged to have been abducted by a stranger is unlikely to mean not alive due to natural causes, the chances of obtaining a retraction may be considerably less than they were in 2008, for example.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 22:09

Edited to add:  KMcC seems to have quite pronounced under eye bags in some photos/footage, more pronounced on one side than the other, plus there is an existing blemish there also.  Highly unlikely she has a black eye.  Lookswise, there is now quite a contrast between fresh, almost radiant she appeared in PDL back in 2007, even allowing for the passage of a few years.

I'm sure you're right.  The reporter should however have been more circumspect by using words such as 'suspected murder' but as I said, that is not what the report is about so no doubt is just a misplaced word. 

As regards Kate's gloomy visage, her 'look' changes dramatically according to circumstances.  Damn good these theatrical make-up artists aren't they?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top