The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Dont have a Times sub but new article:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by paradigm67 on 23.05.14 0:23

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4097592.ece

First paragraph:

"The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard officer said yesterday."


Sure someone that has a sub can copy full article. Not sure if what can be seen is just the Times slant on what has already been said but the wording itself is worrying. Thought that the costs so far were above £6m. 

paradigm67

Posts : 64
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.05.14 0:44

@paradigm67 wrote:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4097592.ece

First paragraph:

"The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard officer said yesterday."


Sure someone that has a sub can copy full article. Not sure if what can be seen is just the Times slant on what has already been said but the wording itself is worrying. Thought that the costs so far were above £6m

The Sun reported on 1 January 2014 that:

The costs of Grange had reached £6,343,116 by 30 November 2013.

From the date Cameron announced the review (12 May 2011) to 30 November 2013, there were 874 days.

£6,343,116 divided by 874 makes Grange's costs £7,258 per day (including weekends and Bank Holidays, Christmas Day etc.)

Since 30 November 2013 and up to today (23 March), we have had a further 174 days.

At the rate of £7,258 per day, that makes another £1,262,892.

Adding the two totals together makes a grand total up to today of

£7,606,008. 


Whoops, nearly forgot, Grange has agreed to foot the bill for the Portuguese military helicopter, Alouette Mark III, driver, staff, training for passengers, and various ancillary charges.

Total:  £7,606,008 PLUS hire of military helicopter.

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14598
Reputation : 2763
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.05.14 0:51

@paradigm67 wrote:"The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard officer said yesterday."
But surely not before the following careful, painstaking, exhaustive work has been completed:

* x thousand mobile 'phone records to examine

* in 31 countries

* 500-plus sex offenders to eliminate

* 38 more suspects to questions and eliminate

* find Smelly bin-man

* chase up the remaining x hundred 'lines of enquiry'

and so on.


Surely, surely, they are not going to 'draw a blank' after all that??

They would be no better than Metodo 3, Kevin Halligen, Henri Exton, David Edgar and Arthur Cowley.   

And they've spent even more of the public's money than that lot did

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14598
Reputation : 2763
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.05.14 0:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@paradigm67 wrote:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4097592.ece

First paragraph:

"The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard officer said yesterday."


Sure someone that has a sub can copy full article. Not sure if what can be seen is just the Times slant on what has already been said but the wording itself is worrying. Thought that the costs so far were above £6m

The Sun reported on 1 January 2014 that:

The costs of Grange had reached £6,343,116 by 30 November 2013.

From the date Cameron announced the review (12 May 2011) to 30 November 2013, there were 874 days.

£6,343,116 divided by 874 makes Grange's costs £7,258 per day (including weekends and Bank Holidays, Christmas Day etc.)

Since 30 November 2013 and up to today (23 March), we have had a further 174 days.

At the rate of £7,258 per day, that makes another £1,262,892.

Adding the two totals together makes a grand total up to today of

£7,606,008. 


Whoops, nearly forgot, Grange has agreed to foot the bill for the Portuguese military helicopter, Alouette Mark III, driver, staff, training for passengers, and various ancillary charges.

Total:  £7,606,008 PLUS hire of military helicopter.

PLUS the Leicestershire Police's £747,000 'investigation' although they got a 'wedge' of that paid back from HO 'grant' (Jacqui Smith)

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5804
Reputation : 1651
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by xklamation on 19.06.14 8:43

@paradigm67 wrote:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4097592.ece

First paragraph:

"The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard officer said yesterday."


Sure someone that has a sub can copy full article. Not sure if what can be seen is just the Times slant on what has already been said but the wording itself is worrying. Thought that the costs so far were above £6m. 
Don’t lift hopes, say Madeleine police

Sean O’Neill Crime Editor
Published at 12:01AM, May 23 2014

The £6 million police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann might “draw a blank”, a senior Scotland Yard
officer said yesterday.

British and Portuguese police officers are set to begin search operations in the next few weeks in the Algarve resort of Praia da
Luz from where Madeleine went missing in May 2007, days before her fourth birthday.

Search operations are expected to begin with the use of ground penetrating radar before excavations in three locations in the
resort. Police are also expected to try to interview a number of potential suspects and witnesses.
The Metropolitan Police said there would be a “substantial phase of activity” that would see British police in the resort led by
Portuguese officers.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley of the Met said that the highly visible activity would not represent a breakthrough but was “normal police activity you would expect in any such major investigation”.

He added: “Serious crime investigations work through all credible possibilities and therefore it should not be assumed that this substantial upcoming phase of work will immediately lead us to the answers that will explain what has happened.”

In Madeleine’s case, many of the basic tasks of the investigation are being carried out years after the crime. Mr Rowley said: “We may go through every line of inquiry and all of them draw a blank.” The officer said that he expected there would be more work to be carried out once this phase of activity was completed.

He added: “I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we’ve got to the bottom of this, or second best is to say we’ve turned over every stone and we can’t get to an answer sometimes.”

Madeleine was on holiday with her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in the Ocean Club complex when she disappeared from
the bedroom where she was sleeping with her twin siblings. Her parents were eating with friends at a nearby tapas restaurant when she went missing from the apartment.

In the renewed investigation, the Met has requested help from the Portuguese authorities to carry out specific tasks. However,
relationships between the British and Portuguese authorities are tense, leading to delays.

Mr Rowley renewed his appeal for the media to exercise caution in reporting police activity in Praia da Luz. He said the
Portuguese police might cease cooperation if there was intrusive media activity.

A key line of inquiry for Scotland Yard is tracing a lone male who staged a series of sex attacks on young British girls in the
Algarve. Detectives believe that nine sexual assaults and three “near misses” on British girls aged six to 12 between 2004 and
2006 are linked.

ends, highlighted relevant bit
avatar
xklamation

Posts : 18
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-09-15

Back to top Go down

I believe

Post by hustling0109 on 25.06.14 0:24

I believe what he is trying to say without saying it is that this case will end without closure for the parents. Remember he will look at all credible evidence and by doing say he has ruled out the parents and friends first then there working their way out.

hustling0109

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Dont have a Times sub but new article:

Post by Sonmi-451 on 25.06.14 0:59

@hustling0109 wrote:I believe what he is trying to say without saying it is that this case will end without closure for the parents. Remember he will look at all credible evidence and by doing say he has ruled out the parents and friends first then there working their way out.
I must disagree with your suggestion that a look at all 'credible evidence' rules out the parents and friends.

Based on the available evidence, I would think that a free-thinking, open, intelligent, rational mind... a mind with no agenda, nor any preconceptions... would be most likely to form a quite different conclusion.
avatar
Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/