The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Mm11

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Mm11

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Regist10

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Empty Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine?

Post by soulthief 28.11.10 18:51

Although members of my family think its shady and do not believe the McCanns did not harm Madeleine and they think its sad none of them actively seek information or take part in these discussions. Some friends actually think I am nuts for it and it is not healthy.
I still recall exactly where I was when I heard about Madeleine, I was at a BBQ & spent the whole afternoon watching sky news live, since then I have looked for news everyday without fail. This is the first forum I have actually joined but I read all things Madeleine daily & follow threads discussing her.
Do we have anything in common?, what is it that I can not stop looking for news and hoping for an outcome, I have seen loads of missing kids reports but this one has had a profound effect on me.
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Empty Re: Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine?

Post by Rainbow 28.11.10 18:54

Anyone I have spoken to gives me a totally blank look and then say oh yes,did they never find her then ? Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? 359723
Rainbow
Rainbow

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? Empty Re: Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine?

Post by soulthief 28.11.10 18:56

Rainbow wrote:Anyone I have spoken to gives me a totally blank look and then say oh yes,did they never find her then ? Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? 359723
Yea thats what happens when i mention to causal acquaintances or friends.. they say, why are you obsessed.
.fact is I don't know why notlistening
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 28.11.10 21:15

Most of us get called much worse things than 'nuts'.

Clearly it is not the done thing to disbelieve the abduction theory.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41053

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 28.11.10 21:47

People I know can't understand why I am still interested in finding out what happened to Maddie. They are sick to death of hearing about her and are more interested in their own lives and worries than to worry about someone elses kid. They don't believe she was abducted though and think her parents should have been prosecuted.
I will never forget the worry on my friends little boys face when it was reported Maddie had been spotted where we were staying in Spain. He spent all week long looking for her and running down to the paper shop with me every morning to get the English newspapers.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 28.11.10 21:58

littlepixie wrote:People I know can't understand why I am still interested in finding out what happened to Maddie. They are sick to death of hearing about her and are more interested in their own lives and worries than to worry about someone elses kid. They don't believe she was abducted though and think her parents should have been prosecuted.
I will never forget the worry on my friends little boys face when it was reported Maddie had been spotted where we were staying in Spain. He spent all week long looking for her and running down to the paper shop with me every morning to get the English newspapers.
Awww bless.I was the same with the drinking straw fiasco even though I thought the worst I hoped and even prayed, smilie
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 28.11.10 21:59

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Most of us get called much worse things than 'nuts'.

yea being called nuts and pitchforkers form the jatyk nuts and the likes is one thing, I was wondering about people who know us and what we do.
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 28.11.10 22:11

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Most of us get called much worse things than 'nuts'.

Clearly not.

One tends to ignore all posters and bloggers who do not wish Madeleine's case to be unshelved. One decided long ago, that if they had the surplus time and energy to make bleak criticism of those people who want to find out what really happened to Madeleine, then this must mean that they knew there were wasting their time looking for Madeleine.

If Kate McCann did not search, and her internet supporters cannot be bothered to help Madeleine in their spare time, then why should anybody else bother? Surely, they would be seriously searching for Madeleine, if they thought there would be a spark of hope in finding her? This is one of the major reasons why we know there is no hope.

Minutes and hours spent making criticism, is time which could be used in spreading the message to find Madeleine throughout the internet. Surely that would be more worthy of their time rather than hounding people who are supporting the joint Portuguese-British investigations?

Is it a crime to support the police these days? One has noted that it seems to be a crime if you fail to support two people who were made arguidos in a crime investigation. One simply cannot keep up with the law these days. New laws every day, yet one appears to have missed at least one of these being passed.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilemor1 29.11.10 7:08

soulthief wrote:Although members of my family think its shady and do not believe the McCanns did not harm Madeleine and they think its sad none of them actively seek information or take part in these discussions. Some friends actually think I am nuts for it and it is not healthy.
I still recall exactly where I was when I heard about Madeleine, I was at a BBQ & spent the whole afternoon watching sky news live, since then I have looked for news everyday without fail. This is the first forum I have actually joined but I read all things Madeleine daily & follow threads discussing her.
Do we have anything in common?, what is it that I can not stop looking for news and hoping for an outcome, I have seen loads of missing kids reports but this one has had a profound effect on me.

Same with me.... I am "nuts" for my family, too... It is simply unbelievable, the McCann-case.Which makes it interesting. 
Lilemor1

Activity : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by squeaker 29.11.10 10:22

Yes, is the simple answer! In fact, I dare not mention this case at home any more. I log on to forums in secret and quickly go back to my home page if somebody comes into the room. However, they all believe that the McCanns are responsible for what happened to Madeleine, they all believe that lies have been told and behaviour has been odd, they all believe that the fund is a fraud and they all believe that there is a cover up. They do not, however, share my obsession as they think there are bigger things in life to worry about and they don't want to hear me ranting!!
squeaker
squeaker

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 29.11.10 12:09

Yes. For months my partner has been calling me "obsessed". He used to be a very pro McCann and believed that the parents were completely innocent of any wrongdoing. So we didn't discuss it at all. However the other evening we were all sat watching a programme about Amber Hagerman (Amber Alert) and my daughter said, *Is this like Madeleine?" My partner immediately replied, "no, Amber was abducted and we don't really know if Madeleine was. So no, they are not the same thing ." This shocked me very much as up until then he had never expressed any doubts at all. He doesn't follow the case and thinks I am nuts for being so involved with a child that I never even knew. But if somebody like my partner is now having serious second thoughts about the McCanns, how many more people like that are there out there?
Shibboleth
Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by gazza5678 29.11.10 13:59

I think most people somehow convince themselves that the 'powers that be' are really benign and that justice will always be done in the end (as it often is in the movies and on TV) without them (the people) having to do anything to make it come about. Little do they realise (I think) that the only way justice is likely to be achieved in any important matter is by people fighting for it until the pressure becomes irresitable on those who have the power dispense it.

I am reminded of two quotes:

Edmund Burke:
The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.

Winston Churchill:
Never never never never give up.

Specifically with regard to the Madeleine McCann case I can decribe my own thoughts because I have come to look into the case only very recently. Prior to any serious consideration I recall that I thought that the parents were negligent but I had no reason in my mind to doubt the abduction theory. I had (at that time) no knowledge of the police investigation etc. I was drawn to find more detail on the case almost by chance, while 'surfing the net' some article caught my eye. Of course once I started serious reading I was absolutely shocked by what I discovered. And it is still incredible to me that the UK Government no less (paid for by my taxes!) has clearly gone out of its way support the two main suspects and enable them (to date anyway) to avoid going through the due legal processes in Portugal.

I think most people see the 'child neglect' which they criticise and (like I did) assume that the abduction story is likely but don't take it any further and realise (as I am coming to realise) that the 'child neglect' is the cover story. They (the Tapas 9) are almost parading themselves as child neglectors. Indeed it is their alibi that they were out eating and drinking each night in full view od MW staff etc. What this is covering up is what is truely disturbing and which I am still only guessing at.
gazza5678

Activity : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 29.11.10 14:29

soulthief

Yes I feel as though I am becoming an addict - my partner just puts up with it because he didn't believe the abduction theory from the word go!

Originally I believed the abduction was the consequence of child neglect - I thought they were extremely bad parents and couldn't imagine why Doctors - of all people - would do this. But I did believe they had reaped what they had sown and poor Madeleine had paid the price. Then earlier this year I got a Mac and started surfing and like others fell upon some information and started to read about the case. It then dawned on me that it wasn't that simple. That others were neglecting their children that night, other Doctors were doing this as well, a whole group of them.

Now I just can't believe that our Government, the media, and journalists can't see what we are all seeing. That they do absolutely nothing. There has to be a very BIG reason why this is happening. That justice seems to be a dirty word in this country.

Angelique

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 29.11.10 15:54

gazza5678 wrote:I think most people somehow convince themselves that the 'powers that be' are really benign and that justice will always be done in the end (as it often is in the movies and on TV) without them (the people) having to do anything to make it come about. Little do they realise (I think) that the only way justice is likely to be achieved in any important matter is by people fighting for it until the pressure becomes irresitable on those who have the power dispense it.

Edmund Burke:
The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.

Winston Churchill:

Specifically with regard to the Madeleine McCann case I can decribe my own thoughts because I have come to look into the case only very recently. Prior to any serious consideration I recall that I thought that the parents were negligent but I had no reason in my mind to doubt the abduction theory. I had (at that time) no knowledge of the police investigation etc. I was drawn to find more detail on the case almost by chance, while 'surfing the net' some article caught my eye. Of course once I started serious reading I was absolutely shocked by what I discovered. And it is still incredible to me that the UK Government no less (paid for by my taxes!) has clearly gone out of its way support the two main suspects and enable them (to date anyway) to avoid going through the due legal processes in Portugal.

I think most people see the 'child neglect' which they criticise and (like I did) assume that the abduction story is likely but don't take it any further and realise (as I am coming to realise) that the 'child neglect' is the cover story. They (the Tapas 9) are almost parading themselves as child neglectors. Indeed it is their alibi that they were out eating and drinking each night in full view od MW staff etc. What this is covering up is what is truely disturbing and which I am still only guessing at.
Love the quotes...this is the one I think of when I think of Madeleine
The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 29.11.10 15:59

gazza5678 wrote:I think most people somehow convince themselves that the 'powers that be' are really benign and that justice will always be done in the end (as it often is in the movies and on TV) without them (the people) having to do anything to make it come about. Little do they realise (I think) that the only way justice is likely to be achieved in any important matter is by people fighting for it until the pressure becomes irresitable on those who have the power dispense it.

Edmund Burke:

Winston Churchill:

Like you I initially thought neglect..then I read the blogs Gerry wrote and read the SOL report!
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.11.10 16:40

soulthief wrote:Love the quotes...this is the one I think of when I think of Madeleine
The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.

Thank you for the quote, Soulthief, it's perfect and have put it on the scrolling banner at the top of the forum. Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? 725573

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 29.11.10 17:42

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
soulthief wrote:Love the quotes...this is the one I think of when I think of Madeleine

Thank you for the quote, Soulthief, it's perfect and have put it on the scrolling banner at the top of the forum. Does anyone else get called nuts for being actively interest in what happened to Madeleine? 725573
Honoured :flower: I think it may be Abraham Lincoln, but couldn't be sure.
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.11.10 17:47

Lois McMaster Bujold, apparently.

:flower:

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 29.11.10 18:40

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Lois McMaster Bujold, apparently.

:flower:
Thanks, I did say wasnt sure cos I had seen it before and used it in my videos at the end, but when I researched it I found it among Abraham Lincoln quotes, smilie
soulthief

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top