The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Mm11

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Mm11

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Regist10

FACT TRACK: My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Empty FACT TRACK: My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press

Post by Verdi 06.09.21 15:28

As, in all probability, the most backward step in the struggle to uncover the truth behind Madeleine McCann's tragic departure from this world, Jon Clarke's latest revelation in the form of a book, a paperback and kindle edition novel for purchase on Amazon, is sure to grab considerable attention.

A new facebook page has been created for people to discuss the book and it's litany of poorly researched nonsense, misinformation and false claims.

Here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/disgracedjournalistjonclarkeolivepress.debunked

This thread is another platform with the same purpose, for forum members to discuss the content of Jon Clarke's book and for guest readers to understand why the book is attracting so much harsh criticism.  It's open to all, if you think any part of the book has any merit, anything worthy of further attention then please don't be afraid to speak.  All sides of the argument are welcome!

We all see things differently, thank goodness.  What a tedious boring world it would be if we all agreed on everything.

When commenting it would be helpful if you could confirm having read the book, or part thereof, and not just passing on what you've heard or read elsewhere.  In short, to limit or better still, cut-out forum myth.

This thread should be very interesting and revealing as it blossoms.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Empty Re: FACT TRACK: My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press

Post by Verdi 06.09.21 15:35

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Empty Re: FACT TRACK: My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press

Post by PeterMac 08.09.21 15:06

My Search for Madeleine McCann, by Jon Clarke

First impressions.

This book is quite clever.  

Let us start with what it is NOT.
It does not seek to answer, nor even to examine the question
“What happened to Madeleine McCann ?”

Clarke starts with the assumption that Madeleine was abducted from apartment 5a in Praia da Luz at some time during the late evening of Thursday 3rd May 2007.

That is a clever tactic, because he can then legitimately not examine any evidence for this, and can ignore the growing mountain of evidence against it.
He can ignore the pool photo, the weather conditions, the whooshing curtains, the slamming door, the vast contradictions between and among the statements of the principal players, the dogs’ alerts, and everything else.

He doesn’t have to.

He starts from a Given.  An assumption  
Cambridge dictionary : -  something that you accept as true without question or proof:
The rest of the book and Clarke’s thinking follows from that.

The book has 280 pages.  The first 80 examine several individual issues and people.  Murat, Sergey, and Walczuch get chapters to themselves, and only in the last sentence of the third of these is the grudging admission
“In hindsight it looks as though Murat is innocent.” p. 40

The latter 200 are devoted to Brückner

And this mindset means that anyone who does want to ask “What Happened” is routinely excoriated and abused. Dr Amaral, his successor DCI Periera, the Portuguese authorities, their courts, the Prosecutors  . .  are all rolled up and accused of being part of a huge conspiracy.

We on this forum of course get a chapter to ourselves, of which more later when I have dissected and discussed it.

There is more to say about his brief description of his arrival in PdL
He has moved his time of arrival again, this time to 0945-1015 Portuguese time.  He then goes back to version 1
“After establishing the name of the missing toddler as Maddie or ‘Maddy’ from one of the ex-pats hovering outside, I walked up the short flight of stairs to the apartment, number 5A, - completely unimpeded by police – to speak to the parents, as any decent journalist is programmed to do on arrival at a job like this.” p.8

He is also putting the time he left Ronda at 7am and the phone call half an hour earlier.

Clearly however Clarke has been reading and noting this forum.  I quote –

“Among other pertinent information that I still feel to this day is bizarre, possibly even relevant to the case, was coming across a road crew - well actually two men - working in a deep trench in the road near the Ocean Club. While I now admit I cannot recall exactly which road it was (I was filmed on the Netflix documentary insisting it was right outside, but I’m happy to admit that now I’m not sure), I  definitely stopped to talk to the men . . .”            p.8

Not sure ? ?
No Jon. You were wrong. You have had 14 years to tell us where the trench was. 
It is in the PJ files and in the e-book.   Everyone in the world can find the location.

Anyone who believes, unshakeably believes, that Madeleine was abducted exactly as the McCanns say will like this book
Anyone who wants to know what really happened will be bitterly disappointed.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Nina, Cammerigal and Ladyinred like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.09.21 15:56

Hasn't anyone else invested in an edition of this recycled toilet paper or seen extracts anywhere?

Come on good people. don't be shy clapping let's hear from you all! If voices in your ear are telling you not to contribute .... ignore!

Even if only in a small way, it's not difficult to debunk fiction presented as fact.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 09.09.21 18:22

Jon Clarke wrote:

And a very good source close to the police investigation has revealed a SIM card found at Christian’s box factory was linked to a British ­holidaymaker whose apartment in the Ocean Club, from where Maddie disappeared, was robbed during a holiday in Praia Da Luz.

I believe the cash Christian B used to buy the motorhome found in the box factory came from a burglary in Portugal.

Silentscope:

The BKA would not have given out such information to any Journalist. No Dates, no time, no names. A source close to again…

The Tiffin Allegro ‘Winnebago’ was already in Brückners possession in late Mar 2007 when it was seen at the Dragon Festival in Orgiva by Michael T.

Nicole F’s Father Dieter saw it when visiting his daughter in early 2007 at Foral.

The big €100,000 Robbery occurred in Villamoura Nov 2007.

He could have therefore possibly bought the Factory with the proceeds of that particular crime, but not the Motor Home. 
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2363

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.09.21 16:52

This particular thread is exclusively about debunking any erroneous content found in Jon Clarke's book 'My Search for Madeleine' with fact and/or documented evidence.

If members have any general comments to make about the book and associated matters, please do so here..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17160-extract-from-jon-clarke-s-new-book-my-search-for-madeleine-mccann

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 12.09.21 9:43

Whilst reading Clarke's novel, PeterMac is making notes of pages that contain porkies, discrepancies, that have no evidence of claims, or that needs further research. 

He has put stickers on the pages, thus:

FACT TRACK:    My Search for Madeleine' by Jon Clarke of the Olive Press Jc_sti10

laugh

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40913

Cammerigal, crusader and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 12.09.21 13:04

Pink for Porkies, Green for Guff ?
sequested
sequested

Activity : 1682

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 12.09.21 13:13

I can't wait for Peter's comments on the book.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5158

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 12.09.21 13:40

If we took a coloured highlighter Pen to the 480 pages.

Red for complete wrong
Yellow for questionable
Green for okay

How much would be left untouched?
Not much is my guess.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2363

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top