The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Mm11

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Mm11

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Regist10

Photographs Revisited - general

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Empty Re: Photographs Revisited - general

Post by Guest 17.03.22 19:00

Verdi wrote:Look at the shorts..
I'm looking at it but I'm obviously not seeing what you're seeing.

Giving hand-me-down shorts to a girl from a deceased older sibling doesn't seem too bad par les normes McCann

I notice that Amélie is about the.same.size as MBM in the TBP.

Are we saying thag Amélie was the origjnal template for the TBP ? Even I woiuldn't suggest that !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Photographs Revisited - general - Page 13 Empty Re: Photographs Revisited - general

Post by Guest 17.03.22 19:10

Verdi wrote:
No, the clothing worn by Madeleine when travelling from the UK to Portugal, is not the same as she was wearing in the playground photograph.

You can see clearly the leggings worn whilst travelling are three quarter length, the tracksuit style leggings shown in the playground photograph are much longer, indeed below the ankle.  The top is debatable as the travel video is too fuzzy to see clearly.  Gerry McCann is also wearing different clothes than shown in the 

It"s worse than that: the ttousers are roughly knee length on the bus, ankle.length when boarding the plane, and below the ankle.in the playground..

This was one of the things that led.me to think that the 'plane' and 'bus' were not part od the same journey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.03.22 1:05

Gone already Mr/Mrs/Ms Guest?

What a pity, just as things were starting to get kicked around.

See you next time ....

Peace on you!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.05.22 14:28

The 15th anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance has brought this image back into focus..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The image of Madeleine selected by team McCann for the Portuguese police's official missing persons notice!

So again I ask, if urging the police and public to 'search' for your three year old missing child, why use an outdated image for identification purposes. Why not a more recent photograph like this..

or this..

or this..

thinking

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.05.22 15:27

Did they retrieve the pyjamas from Brückner's camper van, and accidentally leave some fibres behind ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imari 23.05.22 20:02

Mrs B wrote:I don't understand?????
Neither do I, Mrs B, but I would like to contribute one remark to the  discussion as  haven't seen it mentioned, the tarmac markings indicate that both clips are taken in UK, driving on the left.
Imari
Imari

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.05.22 17:15

Imari wrote:
Mrs B wrote:I don't understand?????
Neither do I, Mrs B, but I would like to contribute one remark to the  discussion as  haven't seen it mentioned, the tarmac markings indicate that both clips are taken in UK, driving on the left.

Hello Imari!

Would you be so kind as to be more specific, your comments amount to little or nothing without reference.

I've looked back over a few pages but can't see anything to explain what exactly member Mrs B doesn't understand, nor you it appears This led me to check Mrs B's profile, I see s/he hasn't posted anything nor been online since the end of 2017 confused .

I also note you have been a member since 2018 so I'm interested to understand why you are commenting on a passing remark - if that's what it was, from over four or five years ago.  Or perhaps longer.

If you could give me some indication of the subject matter that interests you, like what you are talking about, it would make it easier for me to locate.

Alternatively, to make my life easier, you know how to use the forum quote facility so you could quote the particular post you refer to about tarmac markings.

Sorry it this is a bit confusing - I'm confused.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.12.22 13:19

Drawing Madeleine McCann: Forensic artist's 'huge responsibility'

Published - 3 November 2014

Alan Jeal was identified within four hours of the artist's impression being released

From staring at photographs of dead bodies to imagining how Madeleine McCann may have aged. Who are the artists used by police to help with their investigations?

When a man's naked body washed up on a Cornish beach in February, police had few clues to help them. The man had suffered multiple injuries, a pair of earphones had been stuffed in his mouth and he was wearing only a pair of socks and one shoe.

His identity remained a mystery for days, until an artist's impression of his face was published. Within four hours it had led to the man being identified as 64-year-old Alan Jeal.

Forensic artist Teri Blythe, who created Mr Jeal's image, said success of this kind was the "ultimate aim" for people in her profession.

Mr Jeal's body has since been released to the family and no-one has been arrested in connection with his death.

"Although [it is] terrible news for the families involved, when a body is identified it helps them grieve and eventually move on," Ms Blythe said.

Police do not just turn to forensic artists to create images of dead people. They are also employed in missing persons inquiries, most famously perhaps in the case of Madeleine McCann.

The photographs of her as a three-year-old - her age when she vanished from a Portuguese holiday apartment in May 2007 - are instantly recognisable to many.

However, they were of limited use in trying to trace a girl whose appearance would certainly have changed in the intervening years.

Teri Blythe said the age progression of Madeleine McCann was her most high profile case

"It's always a huge responsibility for any case to not only create the best image but to also do so to the satisfaction of the parents and family who ultimately know that missing person so well," said Ms Blythe, whose skills were called upon by the Metropolitan Police in 2012.

"The high profile nature of Madeleine's case obviously added to the pressure.

"But once I and the family were confident with the aged image, we knew it would get substantial publicity and hopefully therefore lead to more information about her disappearance."

The image was part of an appeal which, along with others since, has resulted in a "high number of calls" to the investigation team, the Met Police said.

Ms Blythe said she used numerous reference photographs of family members at all ages.

She also used other photographs of children who were a similar age to Madeleine to help her decide the hair style and colour and clothing for the image.

She said the McCann family also provided information on which family members she resembled most and how certain facial features were likely to develop.

Ms Blythe said most of her work was through photo manipulation on a computer, but she has also produced sketches and 3D clay models for reconstructions.

While the end result is inevitably partly guesswork, every effort is made to ensure the guesswork is as educated as possible.

Ms Blythe said she always requested photographs of the individual and - if appropriate - the scene where their body was found. Any additional description of the person's facial features and colouring are sought.

When the unidentified person has died, Ms Blythe asks for details of the manner and suspected time of death, in order to assess how much has changed as a result of decomposition.

She said she often "sanitises the image" - for example, removing blemishes or injuries to the face, producing a more consistent skin tone and colour, opening their eyes, tidying the hair and adding clothes.

"The techniques vary a lot depending on how badly damaged the body may be but it is also important to remember to maintain their unique likeness," she added.

Ms Blythe, who has an academic background in anatomy and forensic anthropology, said unidentified cases were the most difficult because, due to their very nature, there were no family or original photographs of the individual to use as reference.

"The extent of damage or decomposition will dictate if a post mortem image enhancement - photographs taken of the deceased and then edited - is possible.

"Techniques vary, but can include copying other sections of the face for skin tone, or sometimes using reference photographs of similar looking people to copy hair, clothes and even eye shape or parts of other facial features.

"It is often considered better to show the images in black and white as it removes any potential for misleading viewers.

"In some cases an image enhancement is not possible and a facial reconstruction using the skull may be considered instead."

One such case was the investigation into unclaimed bodies found on the UK's rail network. In 2010, the artist's impressions of 20 faces were released, some of people whose bodies were found as far back as the 1970s.

Forensic artist Sharon McDonagh said it was her "favourite and most challenging job" - but also, at times, emotionally draining.

"It is gruesome, you sit and look at someone's face for many hours and if half the head and eyes are missing it is quite horrific.

"You'd be heartless and weird if the job didn't affect you. You often wonder how they've got to that stage, how the family is coping, what kind of life they had and am I doing that person justice?"

Ms McDonagh said she had always had a "fascination with the dark side of art" but had stopped watching horror films since becoming a forensic artist because they were "too close to reality".

While the professional satisfaction of helping to identify a body can be very rewarding, the darker side of the job can be hard to get away from.

"There are a couple cases which do stick in your mind forever and they do haunt you forever.

"I do think about a few cases from years ago, especially around Christmas time when they killed themselves.

"You do think about how sad they were and you think about their families. It's quite an emotional job."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.12.22 13:21

Another timely reminder..

eyebrows

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 18.12.22 17:38

Verdi wrote:Another timely reminder..

eyebrows
who drew these kindergarten kids or primary school kids 😂😂 none looks the same. 
all they did is to distract the public don’t look here look there.  
The drawings that resembles to Podestas & Maxwell was the best, people still think Podestas & Maxwell snatched Maddie. they want to believe to that narrative rather than accepting the truth that Maddie is not alive. All thanks to Mr. Gamble.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelia89022 06.01.23 20:48

Hello,

I would like to know if someone have the full picture of the ice cream in good quality here? I don’t know if there are still someone on this blog…..I would like to get contact with someone personally here cause i can’t add the photo 

CaKeLoveR wrote:Perhaps these teenagers were deliberately chosen, as were Metodo 3, and other bodies which turned out to be rubbish ,but well paid for not coming up with anything helpful.
Aurelia89022
Aurelia89022

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.01.23 23:52

Aurelia89022 wrote:Hello,

I would like to know if someone have the full picture of the ice cream in good quality here? I don’t know if there are still someone on this blog…..I would like to get contact with someone personally here cause i can’t add the photo 

CaKeLoveR wrote:Perhaps these teenagers were deliberately chosen, as were Metodo 3, and other bodies which turned out to be rubbish ,but well paid for not coming up with anything helpful.

And hello to you Aurelia89022 and a very very belated welcome to the forum.

What are you talking about? You need to be more explicit for us to understand.

Look forward to hearing further from you thumbsup .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelia89022 07.01.23 9:52

i am looking for the photo of the ice cream of Madeleine McCann but i can’t find online and i can’t add the photo here it is possible to get in contact somewhere else or on Facebook ? wrote:

I am looking for somes photos of madeleine like the one of her ice cream or the one on the sofa and i can’t find anywhere and i can’t add the photo her it it possible to get contact on Facebook or somewhere else ?
Aurelia89022
Aurelia89022

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelia89022 07.01.23 9:53

Verdi wrote:
Aurelia89022 wrote:Hello,

And hello to you Aurelia89022 and a very very belated welcome to the forum.

What are you talking about?  You need to be more explicit for us to understand.

Look forward to hearing further from you thumbsup

I am looking for somes photos of madeleine like the one of her ice cream or the one on the sofa and i can’t find anywhere and i can’t add the photo her it it possible to get contact on Facebook or somewhere else ?
Aurelia89022
Aurelia89022

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.01.23 11:40

Sorry, I'm still not fully understanding you.

I gather just one thing - you are looking for photographs of Madeleine McCann?

If that be so, you won't find a more comprehensive portfolio of images than gerrymccannsblog hosted by Pamalam..

I hope this is of help bow3 .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelia89022 07.01.23 12:10

Verdi wrote:Sorry, I'm still not fully understanding you.

If that be so, you won't find a more comprehensive portfolio of images than gerrymccannsblog hosted by Pamalam..

yes is that exactly, i know this blog already but the photos here are not in good quality:( that’s why i have writing a message on this forum for know if someone have better pictures, like i know it’s a old forum here :) but thank you anyway 
Aurelia89022
Aurelia89022

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.01.23 12:34

Aurelia89022 wrote:
Verdi wrote:Sorry, I'm still not fully understanding you.

yes is that exactly, i know this blog already but the photos here are not in good quality:( that’s why i have writing a message on this forum for know if someone have better pictures, like i know it’s a old forum here :) but thank you anyway 

Any photographs of Madeleine McCann circulating mainstream and social media would have gone through so many processes over the years, I doubt you'll find anything better without calling-on the original source.  Perhaps you could try contacting Jon corner, he had an extensive dossier of Madeleine photographs for circulation on 4th May 2007 - either that or the parents?

It seems we can't be of further assistance to you, whatever I will move your posts over to the 'Photographs Revisited' thread, should you wish to continue discussion.

thumbsup

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.01.23 12:37

I know this subject has been dragged through the mill many times but it never goes away - it still remains as much a mystery as it did then.

Why oh why oh why did the McCanns issue the PJ with this younger image of their daughter Madeleine for the purpose of the official police missing person notice - their public appeal?

When they had this one taken on the holiday in Portugal..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  and this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

?

The PJ were certainly interested in the provenance of the image.

Report of Forensic Examination Nº 2007/11112/DS - F

Requesting Entity: DIC Portimao PJ

Correspondence nº 2663 of 2007-07-27

Material received on: 2007-07-27

Examination initiated on: 2008-03-03

Total pages: 3

Material for examination.

Four photographs of a female child, aged 3 - 4 years, wearing a short sleeved pink shirt with white spots, in two different poses (two photos of each pose). Note : PT = posicao.
Requirements

Examination of the photographs to determine the following:

1. Age of the photos, from the age of the paper and/or the ink used
2. In what kind of machine is the paper of the photos used (machine for rolled or cut paper).
3. How are the photographs cut, by guillotine or other.
4. If the sizes (of the photos) are standard.
5. If the developing or printing of the photos was done in Portugal or in another country.

Observations and tests carried out.

The examination was carried out in accordance with the current procedures of the Documents Area of this laboratory.

Observation of the document(s) using adequate technical means (stereoscopic magnifying glass, spectral video comparing equipment with different kinds of illumination and different wave compression) to search for the printing methods, analysis of the cut margins and other eventual details.

It was confirmed that these were reproductions produced on Kodak Xtra Life photographic paper, printed by pigment sublimation. It was also noted that the sets of the Kodak Xtra Life markings on the back of the photos are presented at the edges of the photos (see image on page 3). The size of the photos is 10,2 x 15,2 cm (4 by 6 inches) which is one of the standard sizes in photographic reproduction and the cut margins are continuous (see image on page 3).

Given the specific nature of the requirements and the type of document in question (photos printed by pigment sublimation on special Kodak paper) and the non- existence of analytical methods that enable the dating of this kind of document by means of the analysis of "inks" we also consulted that company's representative in Portugal.

In this way, it was possible to ascertain that the type of paper that the photographs were reproduced on has been commercially available for almost two years, having replaced Kodak Picture Maker paper, both for use in photographic development booths as for domestic printers.

The machines installed in photographic development booths use rolled paper which is cut by the machine's own guillotine, for the reproduction of photos. On the other hand, domestic photo printers use sheets of paper, which have margins that are cut by perforation in the case of most models of printers. Lastly, the positioning of the markings on the back of the photos, could indicate that these were printed on a series 47xx machine (in a booth) or using a G600 Dock printer (domestic use).

However, we were told by Kodak that any analysis for the concrete determination of the type of machine used in the printing of the photos, could only be done at their factory in Rochester, US.

Conclusions

Based upon the observations made it is only possible to include the following:

1. The paper used to print the photos in question has been commercially available for almost two years.
1.1. The format of the photos is of 10,2 x 15,2 cm (4 by 6 inches) which is a standard size for photographic reproductions.
1.2. With regard to the cut margins of the photos and the position of the markings on the back, it could be said that they were produced using a 47xx series machine (in a booth) or using a domestic type G200 Dock printer. However, only an analysis by Kodak, in the US, could eventually determine concretely the type of machine used to obtain these reproductions.

Observations: Return the material.

Lisbon, 4th March 2008.

--

Image of the back of the photos received, obtained using natural illumination, from which the Kodak Xtra Life markings are visible, positioned at the edges of the paper.

Image of the inferior right corner of the back of one of the photos received, amplified 7.51x and obtained with natural illumination from which the regular contours of the cutting of the photograph are visible.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.01.23 13:18

Why did the police want another photo of Madeleine when there were dozens of them printed and handed out in the early hours 4th May.

The reason given for not using a more recent photo taken on the holiday was because it showed the (Coloboma) flaw in Madeleine's eye.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5158

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 25.01.23 13:31

A recent image of Madeleine might have pin pointed the last time somebody could  say where and when they saw her?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 4513

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 25.01.23 14:28

Someone saw her that day. They were playing together.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2363

crusader and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.01.23 15:28

Sorry, I don't understand your point ^^^ and would you be so kind as to source that indistinct little laptop image.

Without provenance it means nothing.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.01.23 15:38

crusader wrote: The reason given for not using a more recent photo taken on the holiday was because it showed the (Coloboma) flaw in Madeleine's eye.

What, the photo issued to the PJ showed the coloboma (slight fleck) and more recent photos didn't - is that what you're saying?

I can't locate a clearer copy of the missing persons notice issued by the PJ at the moment but the one I uploaded up-page doesn't show the eyes clearly.  

This one however shows a definite eye defect - this image (I'm careful not to say photograph) was widely used by team McCann during their lengthy campaign..

Why not use that ^^^ ?

I'm being pernickety I know, realising the police would want the most recent photograph of the missing person showing full straight face without hat or such like but people are hardly able to assist the investigation if looking for a younger child.  In my view the playground photograph would have been ideal.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.01.23 16:05

The indistinct image shown on a computer screen ^^^ looks very much like a heavily edited (photoshopped?) this taken from the PJ files..

The images documented in the PJ files are black and white only, with the exception of the three playground images showing Madeleine McCann.

From the balck and white scanned documented copies, it's not possible to identify individuals. If I remember correctly, forum member HiDeHo studied the individual images giving an indication of who the people might have been. It cannot be used as a definitive analysis.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.01.23 16:29

I see what you mean, what I meant to say was, the photo printed by the McCann's on the night Madeleine went missing showed the coloboma clearly and that's why they used it.

None of the more recent holiday photo's showed the defect.

The photo used by the police doesn't show the defect.

Sorry for the confusion.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5158

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top