The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Mm11

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Mm11

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Regist10

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Empty Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by EnglishBull 30.04.17 8:34

Dailymotion - BACKUP LINK

EnglishBull
EnglishBull

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Empty Re: Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by Patience 30.04.17 8:43

Thanks @ EnglishBull,

Comments I posted on other threads about this video>

Gerry looks very uncomfortable at the start IMO.

For those interested in body language - watch at the start of the video, (02:37) how both parents shake their heads negatively when Fiona Bruce asks them how big a difference the last 5 years have made to them since the police have been actively investigating. Both reply with HUGE - but their shaking heads appear to disagree.
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary Empty Re: Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by Philip Anders 30.04.17 11:40

Patience wrote:Thanks @ EnglishBull,

Comments I posted on other threads about this video>

Gerry looks very uncomfortable at the start IMO.

For those interested in body language - watch at the start of the video, (02:37) how both parents shake their heads negatively when Fiona Bruce asks them how big a difference the last 5 years have made to them since the police have been actively investigating. Both reply with HUGE - but their shaking heads appear to disagree.
Indeed, I did a lengthy body language course many years ago, as did many investigating officers, & it was very telling that when the question "did you kill your daughter?" was asked, Gerry immediately touched his nose.
Philip Anders
Philip Anders

Activity : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.04.17 13:25

I watched it for a little while (couldn't stand too much of it).  I thought it came across as a quiet interview with the hushed voiced of Fiona Bruce and the less brash tones of Mrs.

I just thought it came over as butter wouldn't melt tone and many imo would never think that she was capable of such thoughts as effing tossers and wanting Rocky to feel fear.   Mr. sitting there speaking quietly I was wondering whether Fiona would say something he didn't like and he would jump up because he felt 'ot.

No chance though as body language commentators would have had a field day with that.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 30.04.17 13:33

That still from the video doesn't do KM any favours.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Anders 30.04.17 13:38

It's such a shame that David Barclay has totally changed what he said in the Channel 4 Dispatches 'Searching for Madeleine' documentary to what he says in the Australian Channel 7 video.

He now says that it's quite likely that a burglar could have opened the shutters as an escape route but the current UK regulations on holiday home door locks require that 'Exit doors, such as the front or back door, should always be easy to unlock and must not need a key to unlock from the inside. A simple Yale-type latch or thumb turn is usually good enough'. & since these were introduced in repsonse to EU legislation then I assume the same applies in Portugal.

So why would an intruder need to open a window when the patio door was already unlocked & the front door wouldn't need a key?

Especially a window with a drop outside it.
Philip Anders
Philip Anders

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.04.17 13:44

Philip Anders wrote:It's such a shame that David Barclay has totally changed what he said in the Channel 4 Dispatches 'Searching for Madeleine' documentary to what he says in the Australian Channel 7 video.

He now says that it's quite likely that a burglar could have opened the shutters as an escape route but the current UK regulations on holiday home door locks require that 'Exit doors, such as the front or back door, should always be easy to unlock and must not need a key to unlock from the inside. A simple Yale-type latch or thumb turn is usually good enough'. & since these were introduced in repsonse to EU legislation then I assume the same applies in Portugal.

So why would an intruder need to open a window when the patio door was already unlocked & the front door wouldn't need a key?

or has that been edited too?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.04.17 13:52

Ten years but immediately after Madeleine disappeared, Gerry was already planning ahead  , not for a 'one year anniversary' but 'sooner than that'...how did he know she wouldn't be found by then? Elton John, were you ever asked?
LET'S HOLD A MADELEINE DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD

Sunday June 3,2007
By Jason Groves
Daily Express

ROCK legend Sir Elton John is being lined up to front a global pop concert, to carry the message of missing Madeleine McCann’s plight to every corner of the earth.
It is hoped the singer will headline a huge series of worldwide events to mark a special Madeleine Day that her distraught parents are planning in the effort to find the vanished four-year-old. Sir Elton’s popular appeal is guaranteed to attract a swarm of other film and music superstars keen to offer support to parents Gerry and Kate McCann.
The couple, having promised not to return home until they are reunited with Madeleine, are now planning a series of visits to European and North African cities, to distribute posters and widen the appeal for information.

Sir Elton has played an emotional DVD of Madeline at his concerts, but now believes a larger effort would do more to raise awareness of her predicament.
Gerry McCann, 38, said: “One of the ideas is maybe getting all the people who have publicly supported us to come together. I don’t just mean from the UK but from different parts of the world. We want a big event to raise awareness that she is still missing.

“We would look at high-profile people who have already pledged support. It will be some sort of focus around an anniversary, to tell people thatMadeleine ’s still missing. I think it would be later this year, once media attention has dropped, to bring it back up, hopefully, for a short period.
It wouldn’t be a one-year anniversary, it will be sooner than that. What we’re doing at the minute has its role but doing that down the line in a few months won’t have anything like the same impact. We might have a sporting event, something arts, something music.
Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary PaisASorrir
"We’ve had backing from sporting people up to now. We have had backing from certain musical celebrities as well. We’ve got some other musical contacts that we are exploring, who are happy to offer support.
“We’re not saying it would necessarily be one big concert, it might be that on a certain day they are playing her DVD.
“What we want at the current time is maximum message out there now, about her disappearance but then just events to bring it back up occasionally just to remind people, if she’s not found.”
A month after the sleeping Madeleine was snatched from her bed, Gerry and Kate McCann have betrayed the first signs that their hopes of finding her alive are starting to fade.
The couple confessed that they are haunted by the harrowing thought of her being held captive by a pervert. Still desperately clinging toMadeleine ’s pink Cuddle Cat, 38-year-old Kate said: “We don’t know where she is. We’d like to think she’s still in Portugal, she might still be in Portugal.
“But we know there’s a possibility she’s gone over the border – or several borders. We know there are bad people out there, but we know there are also a lot of sad people. We hope it’s the latter.”
Gerry added: “Of course we believe Madeleine is still alive but you would be incredible if you hadn’t considered the worst scenario, that she’s dead.
Kate and I discuss it – not a lot, but we talk about hope, and that while there’s some we will not give up. At the minute, there’s loads of hope.”

worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Anders 30.04.17 14:03

worriedmum wrote:
Philip Anders wrote:It's such a shame that David Barclay has totally changed what he said in the Channel 4 Dispatches 'Searching for Madeleine' documentary to what he says in the Australian Channel 7 video.

or has that been edited too?
I would like to be able to say 'yes' but I don't think it has.

He made no mention of the possibility of an intruder's escape route in 2007.

P.S. In the video does the guy who walks up the hill with the reporter look too thin in the face to be Amaral & during the interview outside the apartment the Amaral guy seems to have an earing in his left ear but I can't find a pic of Amaral with an earing.

Have look & see what you think.
Philip Anders
Philip Anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 30.04.17 14:37

worriedmum wrote:Ten years but immediately after Madeleine disappeared, Gerry was already planning ahead  , not for a 'one year anniversary' but 'sooner than that'...how did he know she wouldn't be found by then? Elton John, were you ever asked?
LET'S HOLD A MADELEINE DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD

Sunday June 3,2007
By Jason Groves
Daily Express

ROCK legend Sir Elton John is being lined up to front a global pop concert, to carry the message of missing Madeleine McCann’s plight to every corner of the earth.
It is hoped the singer will headline a huge series of worldwide events to mark a special Madeleine Day that her distraught parents are planning in the effort to find the vanished four-year-old. Sir Elton’s popular appeal is guaranteed to attract a swarm of other film and music superstars keen to offer support to parents Gerry and Kate McCann.
The couple, having promised not to return home until they are reunited with Madeleine, are now planning a series of visits to European and North African cities, to distribute posters and widen the appeal for information.

Sir Elton has played an emotional DVD of Madeline at his concerts, but now believes a larger effort would do more to raise awareness of her predicament.
Gerry McCann, 38, said: “One of the ideas is maybe getting all the people who have publicly supported us to come together. I don’t just mean from the UK but from different parts of the world. We want a big event to raise awareness that she is still missing.

“We would look at high-profile people who have already pledged support. It will be some sort of focus around an anniversary, to tell people thatMadeleine ’s still missing. I think it would be later this year, once media attention has dropped, to bring it back up, hopefully, for a short period.
It wouldn’t be a one-year anniversary, it will be sooner than that. What we’re doing at the minute has its role but doing that down the line in a few months won’t have anything like the same impact. We might have a sporting event, something arts, something music.
Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary PaisASorrir
"We’ve had backing from sporting people up to now. We have had backing from certain musical celebrities as well. We’ve got some other musical contacts that we are exploring, who are happy to offer support.
“We’re not saying it would necessarily be one big concert, it might be that on a certain day they are playing her DVD.
“What we want at the current time is maximum message out there now, about her disappearance but then just events to bring it back up occasionally just to remind people, if she’s not found.”
A month after the sleeping Madeleine was snatched from her bed, Gerry and Kate McCann have betrayed the first signs that their hopes of finding her alive are starting to fade.
The couple confessed that they are haunted by the harrowing thought of her being held captive by a pervert. Still desperately clinging toMadeleine ’s pink Cuddle Cat, 38-year-old Kate said: “We don’t know where she is. We’d like to think she’s still in Portugal, she might still be in Portugal.
“But we know there’s a possibility she’s gone over the border – or several borders. We know there are bad people out there, but we know there are also a lot of sad people. We hope it’s the latter.”
Gerry added: “Of course we believe Madeleine is still alive but you would be incredible if you hadn’t considered the worst scenario, that she’s dead.
Kate and I discuss it – not a lot, but we talk about hope, and that while there’s some we will not give up. At the minute, there’s loads of hope.”

1 month after "losing" Madeleine, beaming faces and excitement with his grandiose future plans thrown in. Control, limelight and cash. 

Not quite so joyous when they lose a court case. 
http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9557754.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Police-Officer-Goncalo-Amaral-Trial-in-Lisbon-Portugal.jpg
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Anders 30.04.17 14:46

Irene 2 wrote:
worriedmum wrote:

So it looks as though we've all got Gerry's permission to say that we think she could be dead.
Philip Anders
Philip Anders

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 15:32

The bit at 11.15 is interesting.

Fiona Bruce asks something about 'how different is your life now because every parent imagines what life would be like' 

….Kate says it’s a hard one, doesn’t seem to be able to answer and turns to Gerry

11.29,  Gerry - (Coughs and with voice faltering)...I think before Madeliene,..(cough) was, taken…..

It seems like he was going to say one word here after Madeliene but coughs instead, seems uncomfortable and corrects himself.  I think ‘died’ would have fit there, and he corrects himself with ‘was taken.'
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 30.04.17 15:39

I wonder how much Fiona Bruce was paid for this propaganda piece. She has plummeted in my estimation. A child is missing under the most peculiar circumstances. Millions of tax payers' money has been spent. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect this Oxbridge graduate to do some serious research? Not a hint of a challenge to the Mccanns's narrative.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 16:12

I've watched it all, Here are my thoughts. Apologies if it is a bit rambling or a bit dull smilie

FB - how do you protect the twins from stuff online
Gerry- 'The most important thing, and we had some excellent advice early on and ‘with kate’, (glances at her) and is that we’ve been as open with them as we can...'

- what was the advice 'with Kate'...did Kate need special advice independently?

11.15 FB asks how different is your life now because every parent imagines what life would be like ….Kate says it’s a hard one, doesn’t seem to want to answer, turns to Gerry

11.29,  (Coughs)...I think before Madeliene..(cough) was, taken…..

It seems like he was going to say one word here after Madeliene but coughs instead.  I think ‘died’ would have fit there, it’s why he seems uncomfortable, coughs to replace the word and corrects himself with ‘was taken.

15.07 Kate talks about going back to work, she says ‘life’s busy, in some ways (laughs and looks at Gerry) , I don’t know if it’s our personalities but, or wether it’s a coping strategy but sometimes it’s almost a little bit too frenetic but it keeps us going…

Gerry does not look happy when she says ‘too frenetic’. He looks away quickly from Kate and blinks and swallows at the same time, he looks like he’s really trying not to show a reaction! His face is like Thunder!  I wonder why he would be so uncomfortable with Kate admitting to the whole world they have 'frenetic' personalities?

17.05  Kate is asked about presents, she says yes she still does that and she has to think about …'whenever we find her'….would they still be appropriate.'
          As she says that she rolls her eyes and gives a kind of expression that might indicate sarcasm or trying to make light of something. It seems insensitive and as if - after playing the part so well for a while, she reverts to not really knowing how to have a 'normal' reaction.

Asked about Ben Needham, Gerry says that ‘Research from America, Centre for missing and exploited children the younger a child is when taken indicates that child was more likely to be kept”

Can anyone find this research he is referring to?  
What I can find says child abduction under 5 is incredibly rare and most people taking a baby take them from hospitals. Most sexually motivated child abductors who take them unfortunately kill them within 24 hours and do not keep the child or cover up a crime scene expertly.
  I expect he has taken this completely out of context or made it up.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 16:49

Cmaryholmes wrote:I wonder how much Fiona Bruce was paid for this propaganda piece. She has plummeted in my estimation. A child is missing under the most peculiar circumstances. Millions of tax payers' money has been spent. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect this Oxbridge graduate to do some serious research? Not a hint of a challenge to the Mccanns's narrative.

lots of these presenters are pretty thick. If you watch something like 'who do you think you are', where they are just being themselves and don't have a script written for them....it all becomes apparent!
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 30.04.17 17:56

Cmaryholmes wrote:I wonder how much Fiona Bruce was paid for this propaganda piece. She has plummeted in my estimation. A child is missing under the most peculiar circumstances. Millions of tax payers' money has been spent. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect this Oxbridge graduate to do some serious research? Not a hint of a challenge to the Mccanns's narrative.
I have always liked Fiona Bruce and met her on the Antiques Roadshow locally. A most likeable person too. However, I get a sick feeling over this and the previous interview she did with them because, like a lot of journalists, she has taken a partisan view, lets it show, and does not press them on glaring inconsistencies. It is plain wrong and it has changed my opinion of her.

I don't  think it is anything to do with dimness as some have said. This lady can turn super sleuth on unearthing painting provenance and has helped the process of identifying fake pictures. Yet, here she either does no research or just does as she is told for the money. Either  way, I cannot forgive that.

The trouble is these journalists forget Madeleine. Everything is Kate and Gerry driven. The parents, in the physical absence of Madeleine, have gradually eclipsed her completely and taken on the mantle of victimhood for themselves.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by tara 30.04.17 18:00

I remember when Fiona Bruce interviewed HRH Duke of Edinburgh for his 90th birthday. She asked the most ridiculous banal questions in my opinion and was so sycophantic that it was embarrassing to watch. That sent her down in my estimation and this compounds it. Oxbridge doesn't teach common sense.
All in my opinion.
tara

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by tara 30.04.17 18:07

Mirage, I think the parents eclipsed Madeleine from day one, really. I can't think when it was never about protecting them in favour of finding Madeleine. It's like a snowball picking up more and more dirt the bigger it gets as the white, clean snow gets thinner
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 30.04.17 18:21

tara wrote:Mirage, I think the parents eclipsed Madeleine from day one, really. I can't think when it was never about protecting them in favour of finding Madeleine. It's like a snowball picking up more and more dirt the bigger it gets as the white, clean snow gets thinner
Yes, I essentially agree, with you tara. However, I do think it was, of necessity, a partial eclipse to start with because the public's number one concern was always going to be the fate of the child. The couple knew and understood that but, as the years have passed they have had to fire fight more and more and they have seamlessly moved into the expanding vacuum that Madeleine's ten year silence has left.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 18:44

People like Fiona Bruce have got too much invested, they are not going to rock the boat and start asking probing questions. Her whole career is based on coming across as 'nice', 'decent', well educated etc.

Even someone thick-skinned and who thrives on controversy like Katie Hopkins would only go so far on this case.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tara 30.04.17 19:13

I have to say that in my opinion the McCann's acting skills have improved a little and Gerry has managed not to fidget or rub the side of his nose(no doubt picked up a few tips from watching himself on Embedded Confessions by Peter Hyatt.) I wonder what Peter would make of this offering
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 30.04.17 19:23

It's all set up for whoever interviews them must only throw them pre-agreed soft balls. 
FB only asked predictable questions. The Mccanns only had to remember the script.

If they were asked to do a no holds barred. No predetermined questions. You wouldn't have seen them for dust.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 30.04.17 19:26

Mirage wrote:
tara wrote:Mirage, I think the parents eclipsed Madeleine from day one, really. I can't think when it was never about protecting them in favour of finding Madeleine. It's like a snowball picking up more and more dirt the bigger it gets as the white, clean snow gets thinner
Yes, I essentially agree, with you  tara.  However, I do think it was, of necessity, a partial eclipse to start with because the public's number one concern was always going to be the fate of the child. The couple knew and understood that but, as the years have passed they have had to fire fight more and more and they have seamlessly  moved into the expanding vacuum that Madeleine's ten year silence has left.

That 10 years silence​ has become deafening , and​ they have to fill it especially since the loss to G A and​ the ruling of the Supreme​ Court .

They have​ to continue to fight , otherwise the cave in that is that​ ruling and the statement that they are not cleared​ becomes​ a complete collapse to bury them at the bottom​ of a deep dark pit .

A pit they​ may never climb out​ of .

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex 30.04.17 20:28

ChippyM wrote:The bit at 11.15 is interesting.

Fiona Bruce asks something about 'how different is your life now because every parent imagines what life would be like' 

….Kate says it’s a hard one, doesn’t seem to be able to answer and turns to Gerry

11.29,  Gerry - (Coughs and with voice faltering)...I think before Madeliene,..(cough) was, taken…..

It seems like he was going to say one word here after Madeliene but coughs instead, seems uncomfortable and corrects himself.  I think ‘died’ would have fit there, and he corrects himself with ‘was taken.'

Absolutely agree. Interesting to note that their bodies are virtually immobile throughout; very slow, stilted and rehearsed; especially G; no squirming or touching ears/nose. And no clasped hands on show from either!
But G struggles to stay subdued.
When he stumbles at 'I think before Madeliene,..(cough) was, taken' (11.29) he also swallows hard, but as soon as he feels he has recovered his composure he lets slip a quickly suppressed broad grin of 'duper's delight'. Watch it again. Very similar to the suppressed grin when asked about sightings of Madeleine.
There is one very very strange moment from K. When asked how she will feel when she sees Madeleine again, (at 21.16) Gerry gives her an odd look as she begins to ramble as if to cover what is clearly an irrepressible upsurge of some extremely powerful emotion, probably close to grief. This seems utterly inappropriate when she should be saying/feeling 'we will all be overjoyed!'
Please watch again and see if you agree.
Judex

Activity : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.04.17 20:54

Think you've got your threads/videos mixed up. This is the one you are referring to..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13976p25-on-youtube-madeleine-mccann-gone-sunday-night-documentary-link#365395

thumbup

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top