The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by aquila on 18.05.16 13:09

Several years ago, at the time of Madeleine's disappearance the Missing Abroad charity published photographs of Madeleine McCann. The charity was asked to remove the photographs.

Several years later and the charity Missing People is now collaborating with Missing Abroad to compile a fact sheet.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/how-we-can-help/families-and-friends/family-guidance-info/319-someone-is-missing-abroad.html

Make of that what you will.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8515
Reputation : 1603
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by aquila on 18.05.16 14:21

Snipped from the pottingshedder blog


And last but not least... a little nugget that's doing the rounds.  An email from the Missing Abroad charity in response to a query from a member of the public as to why Madeleine doesn't have her own page or free, downloadable poster.  Why she doesn't warrant a single mention on the site at all.  Read it and weep, folks.  Read it and weep...
RE: [Missing Abroad - Missing Person Enquiries] M Mccann
Show Details
Thanks for your email.
Every time a new missing person profile is added to our website it is only with the express approval or request of the immediate family or guardian.
The day Madeleine was reported missing we offered our services and we did run a profile of her for a while, however the McCann’s staff contacted us and asked us to take it off the site as they had their own campaigns and didn’t require our help.
Kate is aware of the services we offer and indeed I have worked with her on the All Party Parliamentary Group dealing with Missing and Runaway Children and Adults.
Of course if it is requested we would immediately place a new profile on our website, but as long as they don’t ask, I’m afraid Madeleine won’t be on there.
I hope that answers your query?
Best wishes,

At the time, Missing Abroad operated under the name of The Lucie Blackman Trust.  Today, they issued a statement confirming the following...

Please visit the excellent Missing Abroad website - they do great work in highlighting the missing - you may just recognise someone. Unfortunately and although she is still missing abroad nearly 6 years on, Madeleine does not feature on the site.

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-mcround-up-and-that-email.html
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8515
Reputation : 1603
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by BarryTheHatchet on 18.05.16 18:06

aquila wrote:Several years ago, at the time of Madeleine's disappearance the Missing Abroad charity published photographs of Madeleine McCann. The charity was asked to remove the photographs.

Several years later and the charity Missing People is now collaborating with Missing Abroad to compile a fact sheet.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/how-we-can-help/families-and-friends/family-guidance-info/319-someone-is-missing-abroad.html

Make of that what you will.
Does it contain lots of useful advice about setting up ltd. liability companies, arranging Papal visits and selling good quality wristbands?
avatar
BarryTheHatchet

Posts : 187
Reputation : 256
Join date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by plebgate on 18.05.16 18:08

aquila wrote:Snipped from the pottingshedder blog


And last but not least... a little nugget that's doing the rounds.  An email from the Missing Abroad charity in response to a query from a member of the public as to why Madeleine doesn't have her own page or free, downloadable poster.  Why she doesn't warrant a single mention on the site at all.  Read it and weep, folks.  Read it and weep...
RE: [Missing Abroad - Missing Person Enquiries] M Mccann
Show Details
Thanks for your email.
Every time a new missing person profile is added to our website it is only with the express approval or request of the immediate family or guardian.
The day Madeleine was reported missing we offered our services and we did run a profile of her for a while, however the McCann’s staff contacted us and asked us to take it off the site as they had their own campaigns and didn’t require our help.
Kate is aware of the services we offer and indeed I have worked with her on the All Party Parliamentary Group dealing with Missing and Runaway Children and Adults.
Of course if it is requested we would immediately place a new profile on our website, but as long as they don’t ask, I’m afraid Madeleine won’t be on there.
I hope that answers your query?
Best wishes,

At the time, Missing Abroad operated under the name of The Lucie Blackman Trust.  Today, they issued a statement confirming the following...

Please visit the excellent Missing Abroad website - they do great work in highlighting the missing - you may just recognise someone. Unfortunately and although she is still missing abroad nearly 6 years on, Madeleine does not feature on the site.

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-mcround-up-and-that-email.html
Thanks for info.  Hadn't seen that before.

plebgate

Posts : 6079
Reputation : 1741
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by aquila on 18.05.16 23:38

plebgate wrote:
aquila wrote:Snipped from the pottingshedder blog


And last but not least... a little nugget that's doing the rounds.  An email from the Missing Abroad charity in response to a query from a member of the public as to why Madeleine doesn't have her own page or free, downloadable poster.  Why she doesn't warrant a single mention on the site at all.  Read it and weep, folks.  Read it and weep...
RE: [Missing Abroad - Missing Person Enquiries] M Mccann
Show Details
Thanks for your email.
Every time a new missing person profile is added to our website it is only with the express approval or request of the immediate family or guardian.
The day Madeleine was reported missing we offered our services and we did run a profile of her for a while, however the McCann’s staff contacted us and asked us to take it off the site as they had their own campaigns and didn’t require our help.
Kate is aware of the services we offer and indeed I have worked with her on the All Party Parliamentary Group dealing with Missing and Runaway Children and Adults.
Of course if it is requested we would immediately place a new profile on our website, but as long as they don’t ask, I’m afraid Madeleine won’t be on there.
I hope that answers your query?
Best wishes,

At the time, Missing Abroad operated under the name of The Lucie Blackman Trust.  Today, they issued a statement confirming the following...

Please visit the excellent Missing Abroad website - they do great work in highlighting the missing - you may just recognise someone. Unfortunately and although she is still missing abroad nearly 6 years on, Madeleine does not feature on the site.

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-mcround-up-and-that-email.html
Thanks for info.  Hadn't seen that before.
There is a topic about this on the forum. I've been searching for it today but can't find it.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8515
Reputation : 1603
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by MayMuse on 19.05.16 0:34

So Madeleine didn't warrant being on on the  "missing" website as they had their own 'campaign' ??? 
Says it all for me!

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.”

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1637
Reputation : 1173
Join date : 2016-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by BarryTheHatchet on 19.05.16 7:31

MayMuse wrote:So Madeleine didn't warrant being on on the  "missing" website as they had their own 'campaign' ??? 
Says it all for me!
I do vaguely remember seeing this when it came out and I remember thinking, WTF??? at the time.  Surely if you have a missing person, you take all the help you can get!  Especially as it is free.  Further proof (if any were even required) that the whole thing is one big scam.  IMO.
avatar
BarryTheHatchet

Posts : 187
Reputation : 256
Join date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing People collaborates with Missing Abroad Charity

Post by plebgate on 19.05.16 8:02

I can vaguely recall a thread but I cannot ever remember seeing that email.   I find it hard to understand as any help imo would be much appreciated,  but  I have very often read pro Mr & Mrs people posting to say we are all different.   Yep, you can say that again.

plebgate

Posts : 6079
Reputation : 1741
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum