The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Mm11

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Regist10

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 19:46

@HiDeHo wrote:
As I continue to remind everyone...this is not about whether the witnesses are lying. It is about whether any of the witnesses statements (and you can include T7 as well) can PROVE that Madeleine was seen.
The way things are going @ Lizzy, it's looking less and less likely that anyone on this forum is going to put forward a serious example of a credible witness to seeing Madelelne after Sunday.

We have a witness - Mrs Fenn - who asserts that she heard Madeleine, but I can't see many people seriously suggesting that her evidence is credible.

So in the absence of anyone picking up the gauntlet, you must be a little patient with us and not mind too much if we go off at a slight tangent, or our thoughts wander off to very closely related issues.

And what I want to do is briefly look at this issue from a slightly different angle.

On page 52 of 'madeleine', by Kate McCann, is this statement:

"Just before 5pm, the arrangement was that the nannies would bring all (my emphasis) the children to a raised area next to the Tapas restaurant to meet their parents and have their 'high tea' as they called it. Madeleine's  mini club arrived walking in single file clutching Sammy Snake...The nearby play area had several small slides and a little playhouse, which our team of kinds adored, and after tea we all spent half an hour or so there".

So I have these queries:

1. Did this 'high tea' on the raised area take place every day at about 5pm?

2. If 'all' the children met at the Taps bar for high tea, how many children was that? Are we talking about a couple of dozen? - or more?

3. Did this 'high tea' include older children, like Philip Edmonds' three boys? 

4. If at least one parent for each child - and staff - plus of course all the children as well, were there, how many souls were milling around there at this daily 'high tea'? 30? 40? 50? Several dozen?  

5. If the nannies brought all the children to the Tapas area, did they bring the creche sheets with them?

6. Were all the crèche sheets signed there at the end of the afternoon?

7. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the McCanns?    

8. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the Tapas 7?

9. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the other parents?

10. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the nannies?

11. During this high tea time plus half-an-hour of shared play time afterwards, to what extent does any other parent or any staff member have clear, specific recollections of Madeleine and the twins having high tea each day and then playing, e.g. with their own children?

12. So far as Madeleine and the Lobster group specifically is concerned, now many minutes would it take a group of 3- and 4-year olds to walk, with he nanny(ies), from the Lobster club at the Ocean Club reception to this 'raised area' near the Tapas restaurant?         


These are questions I've never been able to fathom.

Apologies Lizzy if I'm driving this thread too far off-topic...

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Verdi on 05.12.15 19:54

@cbeagle wrote:
@Verdi wrote:@cbeagle wrote:  Right, an interesting exercise would be to see if Madeleine was not seen after Sunday* then who must have been lying in their statements.

This has already been covered extensively by HiDeHo.  Indeed, I believe that is the main theme of this thread.

I thought the main point of the thread was to discover if there was credible evidence of Madeleine been seen after Sunday, hence the title  big grin

Then once you take that position, you can see who must have been lying. Maybe it has been covered in this thread, but I don't recall seeing a mention of lying or a clear list of who is lying if Madeleine was not seen after Sunday, though I could have missed it. Feel free to point me to such a post with a link.
OK, so I get the drift - you want forum members to accuse all and sundry of being liars.  I don't like the sound of that! 

HiDeHo has presented a detailed account of statement discrepancies that strongly indicate that MBM was not seen with certainty after lunch time on Sunday 29th April 2007.  Could be any number of reasons for mistaken identity or loss of recall, without accusing people of being downright liars.  Unnecessary!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 14797
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Verdi on 05.12.15 20:03

@TonyBennett wrote:  ..at the very least, if Cat Baker didn't actually fabricate any of her evidence, then putting it as kindly as possible, she must have extremely feeble powers of recollection.
----------


Catriona Baker witness statement - 8th May 2007

Since the beginning, when she received the little girl, it appeared to her that her parents were affable and showed their interest in her well being, as they cared to inquire what Madeleine did and even accompanied some of the child's outdoors activities.
----------

If anyone can provide any evidence, or even a hint, that the McCanns accompanied their children in the crèche outdoor activities, please feel free so to do.  A slip of memory or what?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 14797
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 20:15

@Verdi wrote:@TonyBennett wrote:  ..at the very least, if Cat Baker didn't actually fabricate any of her evidence, then putting it as kindly as possible, she must have extremely feeble powers of recollection.
----------


Catriona Baker witness statement - 8th May 2007

Since the beginning, when she received the little girl, it appeared to her that her parents were affable and showed their interest in her well being, as they cared to inquire what Madeleine did and even accompanied some of the child's outdoors activities.
----------

If anyone can provide any evidence, or even a hint, that the McCanns accompanied their children in the crèche outdoor activities, please feel free so to do.  A slip of memory or what?
Excellent point!

Pages 44 to 67 of the book - 'madeleine' -  that's 24 pages altogether, are about the McCanns 'activities' from the day of arrival (28 Apr) to the evening of 3 May. I've read these pages many times but can't find any reference to either Dr Gerry or Dr Kate McCann 'accompanying' any of their children on any crèche outdoor activities (or indoor ones).

How unreasonable of Ms Catriona Baker not to have told us which ones. Happen it's just that feeble ability to remember things?   

What I can find on those 24 pages is lots and lots of tennis, backhand strokes, tennis lessons, more tennis, forehand strokes, tennis courts, jogging, knock-ups, Achilles' tendons, 'social' tennis matches, tennis balls, learning new tennis strokes, still more tennis, booking tennis lessons and courts and even (afternoon of 3 May) 'hanging around the tennis courts' for an extended period

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Mother bear on 05.12.15 20:21

Thank you HiDeHo, I ask because I also believe it happened before Thursday. But I was not sure how much before. My theory was that on Tuesday just before the crying incident ( if there was one) Kate found Maddie dead or injured behind the sofa. She call's Gerry( hance deleated phone log) he comes maybe with more of the T7 and confirms Maddie is dead. ............... Kate's crying like a baby for 90 mins while Gerry and others start damage limitation, as they were all drugging there kids so they could have some "adult" time. Surley that is not a good out come for a group of drs ( Drugging, Abandonment, Neglect) they had to think fast, they knew they would all loose there children. But they certainly knew the right people who could help them get away with it no matter what was said or done by the T9. But no one banked on Mr Ameral not being corrupt and wanting justice for a little girl he had never even met. If not for him I think this case would have been swept into the shelving archives not to see the light of day till they are to old for it to matter to them getting what they deserve. I don't know if this is the correct thread to put this on but it is on the same lines of being gone earlier. I think this is why the colouring book Got ripped up and used for the time line scribbling to keep everyone on the same time scale so they didn't slip up, and slip up they did that is why I was thinking it was maybe not as early as Sunday. I know this could all be wrong it's just a theory
avatar
Mother bear

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-12-04

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Nina on 05.12.15 20:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@HiDeHo wrote:
As I continue to remind everyone...this is not about whether the witnesses are lying. It is about whether any of the witnesses statements (and you can include T7 as well) can PROVE that Madeleine was seen.
The way things are going @ Lizzy, it's looking less and less likely that anyone on this forum is going to put forward a serious example of a credible witness to seeing Madelelne after Sunday.

We have a witness - Mrs Fenn - who asserts that she heard Madeleine, but I can't see many people seriously suggesting that her evidence is credible.

So in the absence of anyone picking up the gauntlet, you must be a little patient with us and not mind too much if we go off at a slight tangent, or our thoughts wander off to very closely related issues.

And what I want to do is briefly look at this issue from a slightly different angle.

On page 52 of 'madeleine', by Kate McCann, is this statement:

"Just before 5pm, the arrangement was that the nannies would bring all (my emphasis) the children to a raised area next to the Tapas restaurant to meet their parents and have their 'high tea' as they called it. Madeleine's  mini club arrived walking in single file clutching Sammy Snake...The nearby play area had several small slides and a little playhouse, which our team of kinds adored, and after tea we all spent half an hour or so there".

So I have these queries:

1. Did this 'high tea' on the raised area take place every day at about 5pm?

2. If 'all' the children met at the Taps bar for high tea, how many children was that? Are we talking about a couple of dozen? - or more?

3. Did this 'high tea' include older children, like Philip Edmonds' three boys? 

4. If at least one parent for each child - and staff - plus of course all the children as well, were there, how many souls were milling around there at this daily 'high tea'? 30? 40? 50? Several dozen?  

5. If the nannies brought all the children to the Tapas area, did they bring the creche sheets with them?

6. Were all the crèche sheets signed there at the end of the afternoon?

7. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the McCanns?    

8. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the Tapas 7?

9. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the other parents?

10. Why do we hear so little about these daily high tea events from the nannies?

11. During this high tea time plus half-an-hour of shared play time afterwards, to what extent does any other parent or any staff member have clear, specific recollections of Madeleine and the twins having high tea each day and then playing, e.g. with their own children?

12. So far as Madeleine and the Lobster group specifically is concerned, now many minutes would it take a group of 3- and 4-year olds to walk, with he nanny(ies), from the Lobster club at the Ocean Club reception to this 'raised area' near the Tapas restaurant?         


These are questions I've never been able to fathom.

Apologies Lizzy if I'm driving this thread too far off-topic...
Probably of no consequence but just troubles me..................
The 'high tea'. This was the most substantial meal the Mccann's children had the whole week.Cereal andmilk for breakfast,asandwich at lunch time, though there is mention of pasta and milk and biscuits before bed and again Ithinkmentionof some crisps.Hardly a good balanced diet considering what the Tapasparents were having each evening.
This was included in the price of the holiday and I find it odd there is no mention whatsoever of what the 'high tea' consisted of. And little asides of being introduced to new foods to experience or was it fish fingers and chicken nuggets.
Anyway as I say probably of no consequence as never mentioned by any of the Tapas parents.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
Nina
Nina

Posts : 2861
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 05.12.15 20:32

@Tony Bennett wrote:[
Apologies Lizzy if I'm driving this thread too far off-topic...


Anything to do regarding Madeleine's activities can be considered I would say, because it's all about whether there is anything surrounding those activities would be of interest.


One thing I DIDN'T address regarding the nannies that saw Madeleine, is to look at those that DIDN'T see Madeleine.

One has to take into consideration that most of them did not have a specific connection with Madeleine and she would have been one of many little 'blonde girls' during the time no-one had the hindsight to know what was about to happen.




Emma worked alongside Catriona and cannot remember seeing Madeleine at the activities she describes.


Emma Louise Wilding -working at the Mini Club for children between 3-5 years wrote:on Wednesday May 2, her group and Madeleine’s group went to the beach, but she is not sure if Madeleine was in the group or not,

 May 3 Madeleine was at the Mini Club, but she does not remember at what time she arrived, and if on that day Madeleine accompanied the other children at 1645 as was customary.

She is also not sure whether her parents joined her during the snack, as was customary.


The baby group was in the same area as Madeleine's group.  Charlotte Pennington claims to have seen Madeleine but Lynne Fretter only appears to have seen her during high tea...for a few secondss.

Lynne Rhiannon Fretter - she worked with the baby group. wrote:
she only had one brief contact, a few seconds with Madeleine – whom they called Madie (sic), when she passed by her, having eaten at the table,


Shinead was with the twins creche at the tapas and only saw Madeleine once (whether picking up the twins at lunchtime or at high tea?


Shinead Maria Vine -working only with the Toddler group;Amelie & Sean wrote:

she saw Madeleine McCann once when she arrived during the week





Kirsty Louise Maryan- children between the ages of 6 and 10, known as the 'Junior' group, wrote:she only, on one occasion, had contact with Madeleine McCann, for about 30 minutes 'who was treated as Maddie' in that she had to substitute for her colleague, who, at that time, was responsible for the group whose name is Emma, (? not Madeleine's group?) as she had to go to the Tapas to take care of the refreshments of Madeleine's group. For this, the deponent had the charge of accompanying that group towards the beach until the MiniClub where they stayed for a few minutes, and from where they left for the restaurant, mentioned above, in order to have dinner. She clarifies that when Madeleine ate her food, her parents were close and accompanied her; 

from what she saw, was a child who did stick out, precisely as she was calmer and shier that the others;
 

she did not have direct contact with the minor at issue, Madeleine McCann, and is not aware of her habits or that of her parents,
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 05.12.15 20:38

@Mother bear wrote:Thank you HiDeHo, I ask because I also believe it happened before Thursday. But I was not sure how much before. My theory was that on Tuesday just before the crying incident ( if there was one) Kate found Maddie dead or injured behind the sofa. She call's Gerry( hance deleated phone log) he comes maybe with more of the T7 and confirms Maddie is dead. ............... Kate's crying like a baby for 90 mins while Gerry and others start damage limitation, as they were all drugging there kids so they could have some "adult" time. Surley that is not a good out come for a group of drs ( Drugging, Abandonment, Neglect)  they had to think fast, they knew they would all loose there children. But they certainly knew the right people who could  help them get away with it no matter what was said or done by the T9. But no one banked on Mr Ameral not being corrupt  and wanting justice for a little girl  he had never even met. If not for him I think this case would have been swept into the shelving archives not to see the light of day till they are to old for it to matter to them getting what they deserve. I don't know if this is the correct thread to put this on but it is on the same lines of being gone earlier. I think this is why the colouring book Got ripped up and used for the time line scribbling  to keep everyone on the same time scale so they didn't slip up, and slip up they did that is why I was thinking it was maybe not as early as Sunday. I know this could all be wrong it's just a theory


I am reticent to speculate on what may, or may not have happened.

I prefer to stay with the 'facts' of what I find and, in this case, it shows that we cannot exclude Madeleine from not being around during the week and supports those with theories that something happened earlier (and that is my conclusion also)

What I am questioning ALSO supports those that believe she died on Thursday night, as we are not looking to prove she WASN'T around during the week.

Regarding what happened and why, I have no facts to work on so prefer not to speculate.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Verdi on 05.12.15 20:47

Fatima Maria Serafim da Silva Espada witness statement - 8th May 2007  [snipped]

This principle does not imply that in times of work overload for any colleague, that they could not help out even in areas that were not allocated to them. She knows because she has heard that the missing English girl was staying in block 5 apartment A, which is referred to as 5A out of habit. This apartment is situated in a zone that was not allocated to her, but to a colleague, in this case her mother Maria Julia Silva.

a)  Maybe a glitch in translation but I can't understand what connection there is between the cleaners work allocation and the missing English girl.
b)  The witness account implies that the apartments occupied by the McCann, the Paynes and the one being cleaned by her mother on the Sunday all all in the same block.
 
She had the opportunity to observe the photos of Madeleine that were being circulated everywhere and has no hesitation in confirming that she saw the child before her disappearance in the company of her siblings and mother and father, although in the latter case she only observed him from a distance.

Already covered.

She states that this took place on Sunday 29th April, just before she finished her morning work shift (13.30) as she had the afternoon off that day. At about 13.15 she went to help her mother, who was cleaning apartment I of the same block (5) situated on the first floor. She clearly remembers seeing the girl accompanied by her siblings and mother leave their apartment (5 A) and walk to the stairs leading to the floor above. She was very close to them at a distance of about 1 metre.


Moments afterwards, perhaps the time it took to close the apartment door, the father came out and also headed to the apartment upstairs. When asked, she does not remember whether the father pulled the door closed or locked it with a key.

If the witness was walking to apartment 5I to see her mother when she claims to have watched KM and the children leave the apartment and head for the stairs to the first floor, then she must have either been hanging around or watching from a vantage point - how else would she have observed GM within moments, at a distance leave apartment 5A by the main door?
----------

The photograph I originally posted was only intended to be an indication of the distance between apartment 5A, the Paynes apartment and the one being cleaned by the witnesses mother, not an indication of how the family left the building.  Still, I have never been to the Ocean Club so, even with the photographic footage of the apartment block contained in the PJ files, it's impossible for me to get a clear picture of the layout and who was where and when and why.  I was only questioning why HiDeHo thought the witness statement to be compelling evidence that MBM was seen at that time.  I guess it's all about individual perception!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 14797
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 05.12.15 21:02

@Nina wrote:[
Probably of no consequence but just troubles me..................
The 'high tea'. This was the most substantial meal the Mccann's children had the whole week.Cereal andmilk for breakfast,asandwich at lunch time, though there is mention of pasta and milk and biscuits before bed and again Ithinkmentionof some crisps.Hardly a good balanced diet considering what the Tapasparents were having each evening.
This was included in the price of the holiday and I find it odd there is no mention whatsoever of what the 'high tea' consisted of. And little asides of being introduced to new foods to experience or was it fish fingers and chicken nuggets.
Anyway as I say probably of no consequence as never mentioned by any of the Tapas parents.


I have never seen anything about the food served at high tea.

This video is the tapas cook (that says she saw Madeleine) and she describes fruit for their breakfast.

She mentions about seeing Madeleine every day in the creche next to the kitchen, but Madeleine was in another creche over Main Reception, 10 minutes away.

Hence her statement is not considered PROOF she saw Madeleine.

She was likely mistaken.

There are also questions as she claims to have grilled the McCanns food that night May 3rd but she was not on the staff rota and her statement claims she left earlier...

There are so many questions.

McCanns DID NOT SEARCH! Tapas Cook breaks SILENCE! (TRANSLATED) 




http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIA_JOSE.htm
Maria Manuela Antonia Jose wrote:
When she was informed about the disappearance she did not realise which child this was, it was only later, upon watching the television news that night and after seeing pictures of the missing child on television, that she realised who the girl was, referring to her as Madeleine (the name used by the journalists) remembering only at that moment that she had seen her during the meals provided to the children at the crèche, and which take place at the restaurant where she works and during arrivals at the crêche where Madeleine spent the day, located immediately next to the restaurant.

Upon questioning, the witness confirms that on the day of the disappearance, she worked at the restaurant from 10h00 to 18h45, when, having finished her shift, she went home, where she remained with her 13 year old son until approximately 10h00 the following day (4th May).

On 4th May 2007, due to the fact that she had a medical appointment at the Lagos Health Centre followed by an appointment at the Portimao Court at 15h00, she only began work at 18h30 (dinner service, which lasts until 24h00).

With relation to the facts being investigated, she only knows what she heard from the media or from conversations with her colleagues.

Upon questioning, she states that the last time she saw Madeleine was at approximately 16.30 on 3rd May 2007 when she was having dinner with the other children in their part of the restaurant, as she did each day of that week.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by j.rob on 05.12.15 21:06

We have a witness - Mrs Fenn - who asserts that she heard Madeleine, but I can't see many people seriously suggesting that her evidence is credible.


------


Why not? 


Not that many of the apartments in the block were occupied - and the ones that were occupied were occupied by TM. The apartments were quite large. It was cold at night so no windows open. The apartments were separated from the OC resort by an alley-way and a wall. I think it is perfectly feasible that Mrs Fenn heard crying.


Mrs Fenn was probably prompted by a police question as to whether she thought the crying might have come from the twins or whether she thought it might have come from a child closer to four years old - ie: Madeleine. She was probably trying to be helpful.


IF Mrs Fenn fabricated this incident - irrespective of whoever was crying and irrespective of what apartment the crying came from (obviously she could have been mistaken in many respects but being mistaken is not the same as making things up- then what was her MOTIVE?
avatar
j.rob

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by j.rob on 05.12.15 21:10

@Verdi wrote:
@cbeagle wrote:
@Verdi wrote:@cbeagle wrote:  Right, an interesting exercise would be to see if Madeleine was not seen after Sunday* then who must have been lying in their statements.

This has already been covered extensively by HiDeHo.  Indeed, I believe that is the main theme of this thread.

I thought the main point of the thread was to discover if there was credible evidence of Madeleine been seen after Sunday, hence the title  big grin

Then once you take that position, you can see who must have been lying. Maybe it has been covered in this thread, but I don't recall seeing a mention of lying or a clear list of who is lying if Madeleine was not seen after Sunday, though I could have missed it. Feel free to point me to such a post with a link.
OK, so I get the drift - you want forum members to accuse all and sundry of being liars.  I don't like the sound of that! 

HiDeHo has presented a detailed account of statement discrepancies that strongly indicate that MBM was not seen with certainty after lunch time on Sunday 29th April 2007.  Could be any number of reasons for mistaken identity or loss of recall, without accusing people of being downright liars.  Unnecessary!

You have [Deleted - Mod]  misrepresented what cbeagle said. And made [Deleted - Mod] a typically inflammatory comment. It would seem that Tony wishes to portray [suggeted that - Mod] quite a few witnesses have 'fabricated' evidence.

Don't twist people's words. [People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones- Mod]
avatar
j.rob

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 05.12.15 21:11

@Verdi wrote:Fatima Maria Serafim da Silva Espada witness statement - 8th May 2007  [snipped]

This principle does not imply that in times of work overload for any colleague, that they could not help out even in areas that were not allocated to them. She knows because she has heard that the missing English girl was staying in block 5 apartment A, which is referred to as 5A out of habit. This apartment is situated in a zone that was not allocated to her, but to a colleague, in this case her mother Maria Julia Silva.

a)  Maybe a glitch in translation but I can't understand what connection there is between the cleaners work allocation and the missing English girl.
b)  The witness account implies that the apartments occupied by the McCann, the Paynes and the one being cleaned by her mother on the Sunday all all in the same block.
 
She had the opportunity to observe the photos of Madeleine that were being circulated everywhere and has no hesitation in confirming that she saw the child before her disappearance in the company of her siblings and mother and father, although in the latter case she only observed him from a distance.

Already covered.

She states that this took place on Sunday 29th April, just before she finished her morning work shift (13.30) as she had the afternoon off that day. At about 13.15 she went to help her mother, who was cleaning apartment I of the same block (5) situated on the first floor. She clearly remembers seeing the girl accompanied by her siblings and mother leave their apartment (5 A) and walk to the stairs leading to the floor above. She was very close to them at a distance of about 1 metre.


Moments afterwards, perhaps the time it took to close the apartment door, the father came out and also headed to the apartment upstairs. When asked, she does not remember whether the father pulled the door closed or locked it with a key.

If the witness was walking to apartment 5I to see her mother when she claims to have watched KM and the children leave the apartment and head for the stairs to the first floor, then she must have either been hanging around or watching from a vantage point - how else would she have observed GM within moments, at a distance leave apartment 5A by the main door?
----------

The photograph I originally posted was only intended to be an indication of the distance between apartment 5A, the Paynes apartment and the one being cleaned by the witnesses mother, not an indication of how the family left the building.  Still, I have never been to the Ocean Club so, even with the photographic footage of the apartment block contained in the PJ files, it's impossible for me to get a clear picture of the layout and who was where and when and why.  I was only questioning why HiDeHo thought the witness statement to be compelling evidence that MBM was seen at that time.  I guess it's all about individual perception!


I have indicated the area where I believe Fatima would have been walking (stairwell to Paynes apartment far right) and would have likely seen them leaving their aparment (5A is the furthest apartment )



Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Stairw11
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty why the cover up??

Post by justabout on 05.12.15 21:30

Why the hell where so many govt , establishment resources deployed?  Simply never happened before or since,this is THE standout difference between this and any other case ever it's why I,ve been a long time lurker and always been fascinated by this case,what or who were they they protecting,it's time to start focusing on this and not timelines and dodgy witness statements, and that is not to denigrate anyones efforts there, all of that effort goes to show that things did NOT happen they way they said, and that is invaluable but surely the bigger question is WHY the protection? CUI BONO? if that's the right latin.
avatar
justabout

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-04-19

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 21:44

@j.rob wrote:
Tony wrote:
We have a witness - Mrs Fenn - who asserts that she 
heard Madeleine, but I can't see many people seriously suggesting that her evidence is credible.

------

Why not? 

**** Most of the many reasons for doubting Mrs Fenn's testimony are adduced here:  https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11939-10-reasons-which-suggest-that-pamela-fenn-did-not-hear-any-child-crying-on-tuesday-1-may-2007  



Not that many of the apartments in the block were occupied - and the ones that were occupied were occupied by TM. The apartments were quite large. It was cold at night so no windows open. The apartments were separated from the OC resort by an alley-way and a wall. I think it is perfectly feasible that Mrs Fenn heard crying.

**** OK, she could have heard crying.  But did she?



Mrs Fenn was probably prompted by a police question as to whether she thought the crying might have come from the twins or whether she thought it might have come from a child closer to four years old - ie: Madeleine. She was probably trying to be helpful.
.
**** Absolutely not. Please read my article on Mrs Fenn. She didn't make her statement until more then three-and-a-half months later (August 20). She only did so after several British newspapers told us on Saturday 18 August that she was going to make a statement and at the same time told us exactly what she was going to say.  If it isn't obvious to folk what was really going on here then Mrs Fenn made it all plain the day after she made her statement. She said in front of a TV near her home, and I quote: "Ignore it! It's all rubbish!".  Now that, @ j.rob, was the truth.  


IF Mrs Fenn fabricated this incident - irrespective of whoever was crying and irrespective of what apartment the crying came from (obviously she could have been mistaken in many respects but being mistaken is not the same as making things up - then what was her MOTIVE?

**** Now, I do not have to show a motive. I have simply to show cogent reasons for thinking that a witness has not been truthful.

Now take note of this - three people who I suggest have fabricated their evidence:

MRS FENN - connected to the Murats? - YES
NUNO LOURENCO - connected to the Murats? - YES
MARTIN SMITH - connected to the Murats? - YES 
JANE TANNER - connected to the Murats? - POSSIBLY (hairs of her haplotype and Murat's both found in Wojcheich Krokowski's holiday apartment.

Robert Murat was summoned back on Monday 30 April to Praia da Luz for an urgent reason, and was up at 5.00am the next morning to make sure he was at Faro Airport by 9am Tuesday 1 May 

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by cbeagle on 05.12.15 21:47

Thanks @j.rob, @verdi is taking the straw man argument approach.

So to rise to the challenge:

  David Payne said: "I’d be playing with Madeleine you know in the, err the play area err you know during that week, you know lifting her up, twizzing her round and everything, I knew her that well, you know, to do that, and as I say err she’d definitely know who I was and certainly, as I say, just to reinforce that she looked very happy."
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.html



  Matthew Oldfield said: 


"but a lot of the time we ended up, there was sort of like a play area by the pool with sort of like a plastic, you know, sort of house and little slides, and we spent most evenings, after the kids, because the kids ate a little bit earlier, they ate about sort of quarter to five sometime round there, they'd have their tea, and we'd all move over to this sort of play area"


"so that was pretty much the routine for most nights "


"Predominantly those, because that's when we saw them most, I mean, it'd be sort of a good hour. And the awful thing was that Madeleine always used to say 'Oh come on be a monster, be a monster, chase me' and, you know, and you think, you know, there really are, you know, it was all pretend at that point, but of course, erm, not as it turned out that, you know, the fact that she said that was, erm. But, you know, it was all, you know, fun, the children running round and then they'd all jump on Dave or jump on Gerry, it was all, you know, they got on great, there was a sort of good range of ages so they had enough people to play with, yeah, it was great, they loved it, running around".


http://www.mccannfiles.com/id219.html



   Jane Tanner said:
     "Actually that morning was the morning Ella and Madeleine had the tennis lesson I think on the Wednesday."


4078    “Madeleine, how much of Madeleine did you see?”
Reply    “Not that much really because only really because she didn’t come to breakfast, so we saw the other children at breakfast and their lunch, but because they tended to have breakfast and lunch separately, the only time I really saw her was at, erm, after high tea when we were playing in the play area, was the main times that I probably saw her during the week”.



“No, she was just very, and she was obviously, you know, they were enjoying themselves, they were running around screaming, you know, sort of chasing them round the play area, you know.  That’s my main memory of Madeleine from the holiday, is in the play area, you know, we were sort of chasing them around and, you know, just being, just running around, quite happy



And we saw, erm, they’d come off the boat and we saw Ella and Madeleine and the rest of the group, they were just, erm, they’d just come off the boat and they were getting ready to walk back up to the, erm, tut, the Kids Club



http://www.mccannfiles.com/id222.html




So three people who could not have been confused about who Madeleine was, clearly state Madeleine was around during the week, and have consistent descriptions of the evening play time.


If HiDeHo is correct, then it can only be that they are lying, otherwise Madeleine was around during the week.
avatar
cbeagle

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 22:06

@cbeagle wrote:Thanks @j.rob, @verdi is taking the straw man argument approach.

So to rise to the challenge:

David Payne said: 

Matthew Oldfield said: 

Jane Tanner
said:

To be fair, HideHo did rephrase her challenge as follows:

I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO SHOW ME A CREDIBLE SIGHTING (INDEPENDENT OF THE TAPAS 9) OF MADELEINE AFTER SUNDAY LUNCHTIME ...

Now, you ask if David Payne, Matthew Oldfiled and Jane Tanner could be lying re Madeleine.

Take one look at the events of the evening of Thursday 3 May and there is evidence to suggest that...

* David Payne lied about his claimed visit to 5A at 630pm
  
* Matthew Oldfield lied about his visit to 5A at 9.35pm and

* Jane Tanner lied about 'Tannerman'.

If these three could lie about such events, they could also lie about anything else

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by cbeagle on 05.12.15 22:09

@Tony Bennett wrote:

To be fair, HideHo did rephrase her challenge as follows:

No she didn't, that was my proposal and she said:

"That would not be correct ..."


"It is about whether any of the witnesses statements (and you can include T7 as well) can PROVE that Madeleine was seen."


(edited to add quotes around the last line, as it was said by @HiDeHo)
avatar
cbeagle

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 22:26

@cbeagle wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

To be fair, HideHo did rephrase her challenge as follows:

No she didn't, that was my proposal and she said:

"That would not be correct ..."


"It is about whether any of the witnesses statements (and you can include T7 as well) can PROVE that Madeleine was seen."


(edited to add quotes around the last line, as it was said by @HiDeHo)
My mistake, you're right   soz

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by cbeagle on 05.12.15 22:36

To be clear I do think @HiDeHo has performed very interesting research and it has potential ramifications.

I do worry though that, from some of the comments in this thread, that it is being "oversold", and that some theories seem to require dismissing almost every statement as fabricated, and therefore broaden the set of folks involved into whatever happened to Madeleine.

Though given the strangeness of this case, I can see why people see conspiracies, and maybe the end result will be that it was self-preservation by a number of folks who lived in Praia de Luz and the visitors who came for the services they provided.
avatar
cbeagle

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 05.12.15 22:57

There seems to be an issue about witnesses 'lying'.

I do not accuse any independent witness of lying.

This thread is NOT about whether witnesses lied.. It is about whether any of their statements are PROOF of Madeleine being seen during the week

In my research, I did not include T7 statements as I have explained on many other threads that their statements are riddled with discrepancies and therefore I could not claim a specific sighting of Madeleine by any one of them as PROOF.

Please DO NOT refer to any of the reason behind this thread or any of my comments to have ANYTHING to do with independent witnesses lying..

I reserve judgement on T7

Just because an independent witness may be mistaken, or does not provide specific proof does NOT mean they are lying.


DID THEY PROVIDE PROOF OF SEEING MADELEINE? ONLY FATIMA HAS DONE SO IN MY OPINION>

Can anyone show me ANOTHER statement that is PROOF Madeleine was seen is my challenge?
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.15 22:58

@cbeagle wrote:Though given the strangeness of this case, I can see why people see conspiracies, and maybe the end result will be that it was self-preservation by a number of folks who lived in Praia de Luz and the visitors who came for the services they provided.
Now you're talking...    winkwink

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15619
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by Verdi on 05.12.15 23:42

@cbeagle wrote:  @verdi is taking the straw man argument approach.

Au contraire - you presume too much!

Firstly, the McCanns group of friends are not independent witnesses, their witness statements and other information sources detailing their version of events are riddled with contradictions and discrepancies.  All evidence points to their involvement in the disappearance of MBM, either directly or on the periphery.  Whichever, they have proved to be less than economical with the truth.  This has been discussed extensively in the past - I don't believe there is any doubt as to their reliability.

Secondly, there are witnesses who may or may not form part of the McCanns network of friends, associates and contacts.  Similarly, they cannot be relied upon to be 100% truthful if they have a vested interest in any way so their version of events is too subject to scrutiny.

Finally, there are independent witnesses who on the surface have no reason to fabricate evidence but that doesn't automatically mean their witness statements are reliable.  Not because they are being untruthful, as I said previously, there can be any number of reasons why recall can be inaccurate - or even embellished!  I think by natural progression this thread has generated opinion as to who might be fabricating evidence and who might have given a truthful account according to individual memory recall.  You original words were something to the effect of ' I don't recall seeing a mention of lying or a clear list of who is lying if Madeleine was not seen after Sunday' - hence my reply.

As I see it, the thread is primarily about examining the proceedings of the week to determine when MBM was last seen, not specifically to determine who might be lying.  As a matter of course, inaccuracies will be highlighted, quite understandable in my opinion but not the chief purpose of the discussion.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 14797
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by HiDeHo on 06.12.15 0:01

Thank you Verdi.

I think that is what I have been attempting to explain :)
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2010-05-07

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine seen after Sunday? - Page 13 Empty Re: Was Madeleine seen after Sunday?

Post by cbeagle on 06.12.15 1:03

@Verdi wrote:@cbeagle wrote:  @verdi is taking the straw man argument approach.

Au contraire - you presume too much!

@verdi, you said: "OK, so I get the drift - you want forum members to accuse all and sundry of being liars.  "


As @j.rob said, I said no such thing, thus you were presenting a straw man argument.
avatar
cbeagle

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum