The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tangled Web on 22.05.14 10:58

Police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance say "a substantial phase of operational activity" will begin within weeks.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the activity would be led by Portuguese police with the involvement of British officers.

Madeleine was three years old when she went missing from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007.

Scotland Yard launched a fresh investigation last July.
Credible possibilities

Mr Rowley did not give details about what the next phase would involve, but said officers were working through every credible line of inquiry as part of the "slog of a major investigation".

He said: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.

"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.

"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work... doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."
Intruder

The Metropolitan Police's relationship with officers in Portugal was working well, he added.

Scotland Yard's investigation - codenamed Operation Grange - came two years into a review of the case.

In March, British police said they were seeking an intruder who sexually abused five girls in Portugal between 2004 and 2006.

Detectives say the attacks happened in holiday villas occupied by UK families in the Algarve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27514800

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is this another version of the same thing ?

Post by PeterMac on 22.05.14 11:09

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Madeleine police move to next phase

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to stage "a substantial phase of operational activity" in Portugal in the next few weeks.
Assistant commissioner Mark Rowley from Scotland Yard said that officers are working through every credible line of inquiry in the search for the missing three-year-old, as part of the "slog of a major investigation".
He said: "In the forthcoming weeks we are going to be going to a substantial phase of operational activity on the ground in Portugal."
The senior officer stressed: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.
"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.
"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work in the forthcoming week doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."
British police are currently running their own investigation into what happened to Madeleine, who vanished from Portuguese holiday resort Praia da Luz in May 2007.
The Portuguese have now also re-opened their inquiry into her disappearance, and while they are working with the UK force have refused to set up an official joint investigation.
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
A number of officers from Scotland Yard are hoping to be involved in the latest phase of activity.
"The activity in Portugal is led by the Portuguese, that's absolutely crystal clear in law," Mr Rowley said.
"We have some officers who would like to be helping with that on the ground in Portugal, doing some of the work we anticipate. We are putting the finishing touches to the plans to the Portuguese in the coming weeks."
He added: "I anticipate a substantial phase of activity in forthcoming weeks including Portuguese and British officers but the detail of that is still being finalised with Portuguese colleagues and it will all be under Portuguese leadership."

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:11

@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Madeleine police move to next phase

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to stage "a substantial phase of operational activity" in Portugal in the next few weeks.
Assistant commissioner Mark Rowley from Scotland Yard said that officers are working through every credible line of inquiry in the search for the missing three-year-old, as part of the "slog of a major investigation".
He said: "In the forthcoming weeks we are going to be going to a substantial phase of operational activity on the ground in Portugal."
The senior officer stressed: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.
"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.
"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work in the forthcoming week doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."
British police are currently running their own investigation into what happened to Madeleine, who vanished from Portuguese holiday resort Praia da Luz in May 2007.
The Portuguese have now also re-opened their inquiry into her disappearance, and while they are working with the UK force have refused to set up an official joint investigation.
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
A number of officers from Scotland Yard are hoping to be involved in the latest phase of activity.
"The activity in Portugal is led by the Portuguese, that's absolutely crystal clear in law," Mr Rowley said.
"We have some officers who would like to be helping with that on the ground in Portugal, doing some of the work we anticipate. We are putting the finishing touches to the plans to the Portuguese in the coming weeks."
He added: "I anticipate a substantial phase of activity in forthcoming weeks including Portuguese and British officers but the detail of that is still being finalised with Portuguese colleagues and it will all be under Portuguese leadership."

Some very interesting wording in that little lot. Something for everybody, I would say.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:13

Nothing from Sky or Brunty yet.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tangled Web on 22.05.14 11:21

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Madeleine police move to next phase

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to stage "a substantial phase of operational activity" in Portugal in the next few weeks.
Assistant commissioner Mark Rowley from Scotland Yard said that officers are working through every credible line of inquiry in the search for the missing three-year-old, as part of the "slog of a major investigation".
He said: "In the forthcoming weeks we are going to be going to a substantial phase of operational activity on the ground in Portugal."
The senior officer stressed: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.
"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.
"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work in the forthcoming week doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."
British police are currently running their own investigation into what happened to Madeleine, who vanished from Portuguese holiday resort Praia da Luz in May 2007.
The Portuguese have now also re-opened their inquiry into her disappearance, and while they are working with the UK force have refused to set up an official joint investigation.
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
A number of officers from Scotland Yard are hoping to be involved in the latest phase of activity.
"The activity in Portugal is led by the Portuguese, that's absolutely crystal clear in law," Mr Rowley said.
"We have some officers who would like to be helping with that on the ground in Portugal, doing some of the work we anticipate. We are putting the finishing touches to the plans to the Portuguese in the coming weeks."
He added: "I anticipate a substantial phase of activity in forthcoming weeks including Portuguese and British officers but the detail of that is still being finalised with Portuguese colleagues and it will all be under Portuguese leadership."

Some very interesting wording in that little lot. Something for everybody, I would say.

Yep.

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:23

Think it was on sky news there according to my husband but I missed it. He said someone was outside Scotland Yard so am guessing it was Brunty.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:25

@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
I want you to go back to Kate and Gerry and bloody well arrest the gruesome twosome.

P.S - A lot of the answers are in the original files if you would care to have a thorough read.

Leave no stone unturned... turn over every stone...

What is it with stones.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:28

Andrew77R wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
I want you to go back to Kate and Gerry and bloody well arrest the gruesome twosome.

P.S - A lot of the answers are in the original files if you would care to have a thorough read.

Leave no stone unturned... turn over every stone...

What is it with stones.

For me this was the best bit. You can read it from the point of view of the McCanns, the police, or an innocent bystander.

Second best for who?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 11:30

Yay Brunty!!!

Outside Scotland Yard.

No details...

...not digging

...looking at wasteground

...half term next week

blah blah blah

He said nothing ...just waffled.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by worriedmum on 22.05.14 11:44

: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."


Has this officer got his priorities tangled?

Surely his first duty is to find out THE TRUTH. This does not involve 'going  back' to parents (on first name terms) about whom assistant Chief Constable of Leicester Police said ''while one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance''.

'Going back ' suggests that the Police are accountable to Madeleine's parents . They are not. Madeleine is surely first on his list?
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1865
Reputation : 457
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by endgame on 22.05.14 11:45

I'm afraid this really is the same b*ll**ks we have been hearing over and over again for the last three years. Endless announcements that something is about to happen but we can't tell you what it is, nobody ever going back and questioning why nothing ever happened the last time. Can anyone think of a single pronouncement by SY has that has ever led to anything? "Named suspects", arrests within days, white van man, potbelly man, digging about to begin. It resembles less a police enquiry than a complete re-run of the McCann PI's  - home by Christmas, must speak to this suspect urgently etc. And still in the midst of it all are "Kate and Gerry" not Madeleine.
avatar
endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.05.14 11:45

@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
IMO the words in red tell us precisely where the Met are heading with this series of very public performances.

There will be lots more pictures and photo opportunities.

But nothing at the end of it

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14901
Reputation : 2996
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Markus 2 on 22.05.14 11:46

Mr Rowley warned that, after sifting through all the possible lines of inquiry, officers may draw a blank.

I expect so    yawn

Markus 2

Posts : 393
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by paradigm67 on 22.05.14 11:56

Andrew77R wrote:Leave no stone unturned... turn over every stone...

What is it with stones.


They are easy to whitewash?

paradigm67

Posts : 64
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by endgame on 22.05.14 11:57

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
IMO the words in red tell us precisely where the Met are heading with this series of very public performances.

There will be lots more pictures and photo opportunities.

But nothing at the end of it
If you take these words at face value and as a true reflection of the enquiry, they can only mean that "after three years, we still haven't got a clue and there is every possibility that after another three years we won't have a clue either". Doubtless there will be some posters who believe that this is all another step in the Met's master plan to lure the McCanns into the open and pull off the investigative coup of the century. I just don't see it.
avatar
endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by tiny on 22.05.14 11:59

@Markus 2 wrote:Mr Rowley warned that, after sifting through all the possible lines of inquiry, officers may draw a blank.

I expect so    yawn

All I can say is that if the sy draw a blank then they must be so inept or corrupt that after spending millions they have,nt got anywhere near where the PJ were only after 6-7 months.Poor Madeleine forever to come second.
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Pershing36 on 22.05.14 12:16

@endgame wrote:I'm afraid this really is the same b*ll**ks we have been hearing over and over again for the last three years. Endless announcements that something is about to happen but we can't tell you what it is, nobody ever going back and questioning why nothing ever happened the last time. Can anyone think of a single pronouncement by SY has that has ever led to anything? "Named suspects", arrests within days, white van man, potbelly man, digging about to begin. It resembles less a police enquiry than a complete re-run of the McCann PI's  - home by Christmas, must speak to this suspect urgently etc. And still in the midst of it all are "Kate and Gerry" not Madeleine.

Have to agree with this and what Tony says.

It could be filed under the section as the imminent arrest of suspects, digging to begin or the other various non-leads.

No doubt it is just another announcement to try to justify the enormous amount of money been spent with zero results.
avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 674
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by frost on 22.05.14 12:25

@PeterMac wrote:

Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
 I don't like the wording of that statement at all I thought it was policy in the UK to keep open unsolved cases that statement makes it sound like the case will be closed its almost a shrugging of the shoulders oh well we tried our best never mind , sometimes we just don't get answers move along now nothing to see here . 

disgusting !

frost

Posts : 210
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 12:29

Met statement day after The Times artical mentions murder!!

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tangled Web on 22.05.14 12:30

@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Madeleine police move to next phase


The Portuguese have now also re-opened their inquiry into her disappearance, and while they are working with the UK force have refused to set up an official joint investigation.
"

This is our only hope.

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by nglfi on 22.05.14 12:31

I can't believe Portuguese police would reopen the case on the basis of nothing more than Tractorman, therefore I think they are still working towards something. Whatever SY decide, whether they decide to say 'case closed', I would hope won't affect the Portuguese investigation at all. At the end of the day, worst case scenario will be SY wasted a load of money and have to say 'We tried and failed', and the Portuguese investigation carries on. Thankfully due to social media and the internet in general, if the PJ come up with any leads/enough evidence to arrest we will hear about it. How bad would that then look on SY if they had already closed the review and uncovered precisely nothing?

nglfi

Posts : 525
Reputation : 249
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 12:31

A source close to the family say Madeleines parents are buoyed by this latest news.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by sofieellis on 22.05.14 12:33

This bit makes me feel quite optimistic:

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the activity would be led by Portuguese police with the involvement of British officers.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by nomendelta on 22.05.14 12:34

Not sure about this - he wants to go back to Kate and Gerry and either have an answer or say they've explored everything and there is no answer...

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by nglfi on 22.05.14 12:34

Bellisa wrote:A source close to the family say Madeleines parents are buoyed by this latest news.

Haha! Interestingly the BBC article makes no mention of Kate and Gerry at all. I wonder why the restraint?

nglfi

Posts : 525
Reputation : 249
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum