The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Mm11

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Mm11

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Regist10

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Empty Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain

Post by Tony Bennett 29.04.14 21:52

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain

One couple where the Madeleine McCann case must have been discussed more than in most houses is that of Matthew and Elisabeth Freud.

Here’s a bit about them both, and a few pictures of Burford Priory in Oxfordshire, where they live – close to other members of ‘The Chipping Norton Set’.

MATTHEW FREUD is the son of for M.P. Sir Clement, later Lord Freud, and his wife June Flewett, a.k.a Jill Raymond, Jill Freud, or latterly, Lady Freud.

June was brought up in the household of writer C.S. Lewis, where she is said to have been the inspiration for Lucy Pevensie in Lewis’s ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’.

Matthew Freud is on his second marriage. He was formerly married to Caroline Hutton, who was the second wife of Earl Spencer; he then married Rupert Murdoch's daughter Elisabeth.

So far as the Madeleine McCann case is concerned, Matthew Freud is the owner and chief executive of communications and public relations company Freud International. In September 2008, when Clarence Mitchell, after working for Madeleine’s parents full-time as their reputation manager for 16 month, went part-time, he was immediately employed by Matthew Freud at Freud International as a public relations consultant. Mitchell’s high-lvel contacts would no doubt be an asset.

In the weeks after Madeleine disappeared, Clement Freud, who had a villa in Praia da Luz, invited the McCanns round for a meal. This event is written up with more than a page of Dr Kate McCann’s book, ‘madeleine’ (pp. 193-4), where she wrote enthusiastically of drinking a strawberry vodka, followed by a ‘bloody marvellous’ meal of watercress-and-egg salad, followed by a chicken and mushroom risotto.

Later in the book, Kate revels in Clement Freud’s sense of humour. On 31 August, Freud returned to Praia da Luz, ’phoned Gerry and asked him: “Is it true? Are you close to a breakdown and needing medication”. He then made a wisecrack about both him and the Daily Express suffering from ‘poor circulation’ (p. 229). On 3 September, Gerry & Kate McCann were notified by Ricardo Paiva that they would be required for interview three days later and  would be made suspects. As Kate reported: “Our plans for the evening went out of the window. We cancelled dinner with Clement Freud”. But at 9.50pm, Kate rang Freud, who invited the McCanns round, even though by this time he was in his nightshirt. He gave Kate ‘a giant glass of brandy’ and once again joked: “So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?” (pp. 233-4).

ELISABETH MURDOCH is the daughter of powerful media magnate Rupert Murdoch and his first wife, Anna Murdoch Mann (born 1944). She was named after her philanthropist grandmother, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch.

Elisabeth Murdoch married Elkin Kwesi Pianim. Together, they bought a pair of NBC-affiliate television stations, KSBW and KSBY, in California on a £20 million loan secured by her father Rupert Murdoch. They sold the stations 18 months later, netting £8 million profit.

Elisabeth Murdoch is now the Chairman and CEO of Shine Limited, a television production company with offices in London and Manchester. In 2013, ShineTV produced ‘The Lying Game: Crimes that Fooled Britain’. During the programme, the obvious honesty and sincerity of the McCanns was contrasted with several other notorious liars like Karen Matthews, Ian Huntley and Stuart Hazell. Rod Chaytor, a Daily Mirror journalist, said on this ShineTV programme:  “I don’t think my attitude has changed. I think that genuine people making public appeals touch my heart now just as much as they ever did. And I can give you an example. The McCanns. Clearly innocent. Absolutely clearly innocent. And they have my greatest sympathy. Nothing’s changed”:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain

In February 2013 she was assessed as the 5th most powerful woman in the United Kingdom by Woman's Hour on BBC Radio 4.

She later married public relations man Matthew Freud, the son of former MP Sir Clement Freud, and great-grandson of Sigmund Freud. The couple wed The pair married on 18 August 2001 in a ceremony at Blenheim Palace. They have two children: Charlotte Emma, now aged 13, and Samson Murdoch, now aged 7.

Since 2008, they’ve lived at Burford Priory, where they are known to be key members of the so-called ‘Chipping Norton set’.

In 2012, the Daily Telegraph identified the following people as being part of a "Chipping Norton Set":

Charlie Brooks, racehorse trainer

Rebekah Brooks, husband of Charlie Brooks, former CEO of Rupert Murdoch’s News International, and former editor of Murdoch’s the Sun and News of the World. The two were introduced to Rebekah by Jeremy Clarkson. The Brookses have holidayed with Elisabeth Murdoch and Matthew Freud on their yacht, and the Oppenheimer-Turners at their house in St Tropez. Rebekah Brooks has been friends with Elisabeth Murdoch for more than a decade. In 2001, she was a guest at Elisabeth's wedding to Freud and among a select group invited to her bridal shower.

David and Samantha Cameron, Prime Minister and his wife. Chipping Norton lies in Cameron’s Parliamentary constituency, Witney.

Jeremy Clarkson, broadcaster and presenter of Top Gear. Clarkson writes a column for Rupert Murdoch’s the Sun.

Charles Dunstone, chairman and co-founder of Carphone Warehouse.

Tony Gallagher, property developer, owner of Gallagher Estates.

Steve Hilton and Rachel Whetstone. Hilton was Cameron's director of strategy and his wife, Rachel is the global head of communications and public policy for Google. They live in the same village, Burford, as the Freuds.

Emily Oppenheimer-Turner, journalist and painter, and William Turner, businessman. Emily is the granddaughter of Philip Oppenheimer, who ran the De Beers diamond empire; she is married to William Turner, director of The Hospital Group Ltd. and former head of Sky Pictures, a division of Murdoch’s BSkyB.

Howard Stringer, chairman of the Sony Corporation.

PICTURES:

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Dscn0510

Burford Priory, residence of the fifth most powerful woman in Britain

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Dscn0511

It's a well-guarded property, CCTV all around its walls

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Dscn0513

But handily near Chipping Norton, and the 'Chipping Norton Set'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Empty Re: Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain

Post by petunia 29.04.14 23:35

Thank you Tony.A lot to take in for for somebody like me not having an intellectual mind like yours.A few observations for me to think about,how did Clement get Gerry's phone number?From (CM) i assume..Who told Clement that Gerry "may have been close to a breakdown"?Kate Mccann having the reader/s of her book believe how important she is/was (in her mind) having a bloody" marvellous" meal with Clement. (name dropping) Why would Lord Clement Freud invite 2 "nobody doctors" to his villa in his nightclothes at such a late time of night for drinks and niceties? no Lord IMO would dream of having people "round for dinner or drinks "in their night attire,how very demeaning for such a Lord.What could possibly connect the Mccann's and the Murdoch's, and missing Madeleine? apart from the millions of pounds revenue she has generated for them both.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain Empty Re: Madeleine McCann, Burford Priory, and two of the most powerful people in Britain

Post by noddy100 30.04.14 7:33

One of my mates is a journo in their circles they refer to it as Chopping Snortin
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.04.14 7:38

Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
‘Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;

The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I’ve a many curious things to shew when you are there.”
Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne’er come down again.”

“I’m sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?” said the Spider to the Fly.
“There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,
And if you like to rest awhile, I’ll snugly tuck you in!”
Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “for I’ve often heard it said,
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!”

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, “Dear friend what can I do,
To prove the warm affection I’ve always felt for you?
I have within my pantry, good store of all that’s nice;
I’m sure you’re very welcome — will you please to take a slice?”

“Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “kind Sir, that cannot be,
I’ve heard what’s in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!”

“Sweet creature!” said the Spider, “you’re witty and you’re wise,
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I’ve a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
If you’ll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself.”
“I thank you, gentle sir,” she said, “for what you’re pleased to say,
And bidding you good morning now, I’ll call another day.”

The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again:
So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready, to dine upon the Fly.
Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
“Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple — there’s a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead!”

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew,
Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue –
Thinking only of her crested head — poor foolish thing! At last,
Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held her fast.
He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,
Within his little parlour — but she ne’er came out again!

And now dear little children, who may this story read,
To idle, silly flattering words, I pray you ne’er give heed:
Unto an evil counsellor, close heart and ear and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale, of the Spider and the Fly
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.04.14 7:48

petunia wrote:What could possibly connect the McCanns and the Murdochs, and missing Madeleine?
We need to go back to 1996 and 1997.

Rupert Murdoch's newspapers, in 1996, notably the Sun, switched their allegiance from having supported the Conservatives for 20 years to suddenly, and dramatically, swithcing their support to Tony Blair's 'New Labour' project. 

Labour swept home in the 1997 election, causing the Sun to run a screaming, boastful headline: 'IT WAS THE SUN WOT WON IT'. It was a claim that was probably justified. Long before Rebekah Brooks texted David Cameron: 'We are all in this together', Tony Blair and the Labour hirearchy had extremely close relationships with Rupert Murdoch, who used to visit 10 Downing Street regularly, always entering by the back door, so that the remaining press wouldn't notice just how close Labour was to Murdoch.

Then move forward to 2005, and Clarence Mitchell was appointed the Head of Tony Blair's Media Monitoring Unit, a 40-strong unit reporting directly to the Cabinet Office in 10 Downing Street. As Mitchell himself once boasted, his job with the media was 'to control what comes out in the media'.

Without question, Mitchell would have had, in this role, almost daily contact with senior figures in Murdoch's four very powerful titles: the Times, the Sunday Times, the Sun and the News of the World.  Not to mention Rupert Murdoch's increasingly-watched SKY NEWS.

When Madeleine McCann was reported missing on 3 May 2007, Mitchell therefore would already know many key figures in Murdoch's empire - and very probably, Rupert Murdoch himself. 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 30.04.14 12:54

I wonder what Brooke's meant by "We're all in this together"..

Q. "All in this" what is this?
Q. Who are the "We're"
Q. "Together" does this suggest a pact?

All sounds somewhat threatening and even conspiratorial.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.04.14 13:05

The Rooster wrote:I wonder what Brookes meant by "We're all in this together"..

Q. "All in this" what is this?
Q. Who are the "We're"
Q. "Together" does this suggest a pact?

All sounds somewhat threatening and even conspiratorial.
Yes, it was a text message from Rebekah Brooks to our Prime Minister: 'We are all in this together", which I would translate roughly as:

"The future belongs to you me and Rupert - we can achieve anything!"

Unfortunately, for Brooks and maybe Cameron, it is looking more and more like:

"We are all together up a creek with no paddle"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 30.04.14 13:37

I think you're right Tony. Power crazy people who maybe thought they were above the law!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 30.04.14 14:08

Fascinating, Tony, and it gives me a great deal to think about.  It also depresses me. I now don't think there will ever be any kind of positive resolution to this case...
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.04.14 14:22

Could someone remind me where David Cameron's 'friends' Re-bek-kah-kah-kah 'country suppers' Brookes and Andy 'deserves a second chance' Coulson are TODAY?

Rhetorical.

I KNOW where they are!

Standing In the dock at the Old Bailey CHARGED with seven counts that include conspiracy to intercept communications in the course of their transmission, conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office, and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

WHEN will David 'trust my judgement' Cameron 'comment' publicly about his 'friends' on trial, in the hope of getting the whole trial 'thrown out' as he desperately tried to have his 'i back team Nigella' 'trial' aborted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27206425

Andy Coulson: 'I may not have got Downing Street job'

Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson has said he may not have become David Cameron's communications director if he had revealed his knowledge of phone-hacking.

The ex-editor became the Conservative Party's communications director in 2007 and then worked inside No 10 from 2010.

The hacking trial heard how a senior reporter had told Mr Coulson about a hacked voicemail from former Home Secretary David Blunkett in 2004.

HE DIDN'T 'TELL' HIS MATE DAVE ABOUT THAT, DID HE?

Cameron was TOLD about 'DODGY' Andy by NUMEROUS 'advisors' BEFORE his 'appointment' but still went ahead and 'employed' him anyway!

'threatened 'persuaded' perhaps by Re-Bek-Kah-Kah-Kah?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.04.14 14:30

comperedna wrote:Fascinating, Tony, and it gives me a great deal to think about.  It also depresses me. I now don't think there will ever be any kind of positive resolution to this case...
I am really sorry about the bit in bold.

Most of my posts are intended to inform, I am sorry if they have a depressing effect, but then, in all sorts of ways, the truth sometimes hurts.

As I was putting my short piece on the forum, I was musing on how often the subject of Madeleine McCann would have cropped chez Matthew & Elisabeth Freud:

MF (Sep 2008) "Picked up a great new bloke for my PR team. The name's Mitchell. You know, the one who's done all that great work on behalf of missing Madeleine's parents. He'll be good for Freud International's reputation". 

AF: (any time) "More good news for Dad. He says Madeleine's making a mint for the Sun and the News of the World - they're churning out any old rubbish - and every time they put Maddie on the front page, they sell tens of thousands more copies. Rebekah's already got a serialisation booked for the Sun - that's easily make a six-figure sum - even more if we can get Rebekah to bounce Cameron into setting up a review the very day the book comes out!"  MF: "You mean Rebekah can push the PM around? You're joking, of course?"

MF: (Sep 2012) "That story in the Sun today. Your Dad's paper, isn't it? You know, about the mystery man from Germany who brought that letter back from that Raymond Hewlett bloke - you know, about the gypsies - and gave it to his long-lost son Wayne. Who promptly burnt it. True story? - or made up?"  AF: "What do you think?"

AF: (2013) "Got a great new programme for ShineTV. It's about liars and how to spot them, you know, psychos like Ian Huntley. We're going to include the McCanns in the show, we need at least one example of shining honesty and integrity - Prof Canter will help us with that, he's on message".

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 30.04.14 14:32

jeanmonroe wrote:Could someone remind me where David Cameron's 'friends' Re-bek-kah-kah-kah 'country suppers' Brookes and Andy 'deserves a second chance' Coulson are TODAY?

Rhetorical.

I KNOW where they are!

Standing In the dock at the Old Bailey CHARGED with seven counts that include conspiracy to intercept communications in the course of their transmission, conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office, and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

WHEN will David 'trust my judgement' Cameron 'comment' publicly about his 'friends' on trial, in the hope of getting the whole trial 'thrown out' as he desperately tried to have his 'i back team Nigella' 'trial' aborted?

Indeed:

"Defendants, all rise. Foreman of the jury, have you reached a unanimous verdict? You have? Please read out to the Court your verdict".

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.04.14 14:47

Tony Bennett wrote:
Indeed:

"Defendants, all rise. Foreman of the jury, have you reached a unanimous verdict? You have? Please read out to the Court your verdict".

Bek's and Andy's 'brief'

"Yeah, but in mitigation, and to be 'onest, M'lud, it wuz the McCanns that wot made 'em do it, innit?"

"In retrospect, they would never 'ave printed all them 'lies' (about THE 'abduction') wot ONLY the McCanns 'told them about' in their flagship papers, would they?"

"give 'em anuvver 'second chance', like wot Prime Minister Dave did"

"pretty please?"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 30.04.14 15:39

I worked for a Murdoch organisation for several years. I have to say it was the most horrible working environment, full of horrible people. Bitchy, petty, mean, shallow - particularly those at the higher levels. And remarkably uncreative and boring.

Hideous place. The only reason I stuck around as long as I did was because it was well-paid.  In the end, I was so openly critical of their working practices that they tried to get rid of me without any kind of severance pay etc. It was with enormous satisfaction that I took them to an industrial tribunal and got the money that they owed me. 

Ever since then I have had a massive revulsion with anything to do with the Murdoch empire. I think he is one of the worst possibly things that has happened to journalism in this country. And the media generally. It's such a shame. We used to have some really good journalism but there is so little really good investigative stuff now.Politicians are pulling the Murdoch strings - or is it the other way round? 

And we get absurdities like that nasty little sh** Brian Deer carrying out a sustained and vicious campaign against Andrew Wakefield and his team. That wasn't journalism - it was politics, and very dirty it was too. And, then - as if things could get any worse - the 'abduction' of Madeleine McCann. I have to say this takes first prize in terms of the depths of depravity that the Murdoch empire will stoop to in order to sell papers and air time.

Unbelievable.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top