The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Mm11

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Regist10

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by mouse on 13.10.13 15:16

Just to let you know that Digital spy a v.popular site is allowing comments right now - not locked yet. Most people seem to be of the v.similar opinion to this forum.

Some comments are quite out there, very refreshing change. Only a few fighting back for the Mccanns, but they are being quite rightly rebuffed - for trying to stop open debate on a proposed programme.
avatar
mouse

Posts : 330
Activity : 397
Likes received : 53
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by Guest on 13.10.13 15:23

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Digital Spy usually deletes any and all threads that refer to Madeleine or the McCanns so if they are allowing comments now, something is happening (or the mods are slow off the mark today).

Edited to add: 

Just nipped over there and it's still going at 3.30pm. The link is: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1899440
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by mouse on 13.10.13 15:34

Yes Poe

They are usually shut down pretty quick smart. But this time - they are leaving it open at the moment. The dogs have already been mentioned and Goncalo Amaral, a few are defending the mccans - but I think these are the same defenders who always stick up for  the parents on other threads, and are even ready to defend the neglect argument. They are saying that the thread will be closed - like a threat, but so far most replies are defending the right for people to have an opinion on what is a much trailed tv programme. As someone has already said - the mods are going to busy Monday night.
avatar
mouse

Posts : 330
Activity : 397
Likes received : 53
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by galena on 13.10.13 16:00

@mouse wrote:Just to let you know that Digital spy a v.popular site is allowing comments right now - not locked yet. Most people seem to be of the v.similar opinion to this forum.

Some comments are quite out there, very refreshing change. Only a few fighting back for the Mccanns, but they are being quite rightly rebuffed - for trying to stop open debate on a proposed programme.
Perhaps they feel the threat of the McCanns suing anyone has significantly lessened over the last day or so big grin
avatar
galena

Posts : 288
Activity : 291
Likes received : 3
Join date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by mouse on 13.10.13 16:09

Maybe Galena - we can hope. But is does seem interesting that many of the posts in response so far are not from the usual anti/pro mccann posters, but from what looks to be regular digi spy users...and they're not that supportive are they.

Interesting times I think.
avatar
mouse

Posts : 330
Activity : 397
Likes received : 53
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by Truthandjustice on 13.10.13 16:29

Think it has just been whooshed!
avatar
Truthandjustice

Posts : 237
Activity : 240
Likes received : 1
Join date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by mouse on 13.10.13 16:50

Shame!!!

No change there then - shutting down the crimewatch thread when the beeb have advertised this all week - and apparently we're not allowed to comment! Think about it - we're not allowed to have an opinion on a programme because it conflicts with theirs???? Unbelievable!!! Well, they surely can't stop people posting after the programme has gone out can they? Nor can the BBC close down their POV website after its aired - then again, they've got past haven't they with all the Jimmy Saville history and their complete 'lets move along now - nothing more to see attitude' Not good enough Beeb. 

Only leaves me to believe that this is a whitewash - in fact I don't even think I can stomach watching it, as it is only going to be a form of brainwashing. What country do we live in again????
avatar
mouse

Posts : 330
Activity : 397
Likes received : 53
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by I'm not buying on 13.10.13 20:21

It was the whooshing of McCann threads on Digital Spy that got me interested in the case years ago.
avatar
I'm not buying

Posts : 21
Activity : 21
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by tiredofthebs on 13.10.13 20:42

@I'm not buying wrote:It was the whooshing of McCann threads on Digital Spy that got me interested in the case years ago.
Yes it is very odd.

I have asked on there how quoting the conclusions of a police report can be libel but have never had an answer. 

The McCanns have unprecedented protection in every quarter and always have had. DS is run by Hearst, the original yellow journalists.

____________________
"Cadaver dog? What is it? Lassie?" - Philomena McCann, This Morning, September 2007
avatar
tiredofthebs

Posts : 185
Activity : 215
Likes received : 28
Join date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme Empty Re: Digital Spy allowing Freedom of Speech re: Crimewatch programme

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 13.10.13 21:24

@mouse wrote:Shame!!!

No change there then - shutting down the crimewatch thread when the beeb have advertised this all week - and apparently we're not allowed to comment! Think about it - we're not allowed to have an opinion on a programme because it conflicts with theirs???? Unbelievable!!! Well, they surely can't stop people posting after the programme has gone out can they? Nor can the BBC close down their POV website after its aired - then again, they've got past haven't they with all the Jimmy Saville history and their complete 'lets move along now - nothing more to see attitude' Not good enough Beeb. 

Only leaves me to believe that this is a whitewash - in fact I don't even think I can stomach watching it, as it is only going to be a form of brainwashing. What country do we live in again????
I'm starting to think it might be North Korea!

____________________
The truth will out.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors

Posts : 2458
Activity : 2685
Likes received : 25
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum