The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

If there is ONE last photo.........................

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by bobbin on 10.12.13 21:35

@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:41

@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:43

And are you on PC, Portia.
As Bobbin and I on Apple have no problems, that might be it ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:44

@Portia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
***
Example
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by bobbin on 10.12.13 21:45

@Portia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
Just a question then, are you MacBook or Microsoft PC ? I just have a screen with the post and a single 'quote' box top right. I press that and get the previous message with the word 'quote' written beside it, where I can write my reply, then send.  high5 

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:45

Châtelaine wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
***
Example


Once more: a no go. Portia
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by bobbin on 10.12.13 21:51

@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
***
Example


Once more: a no go. Portia
I see that Châtelaine's and my post crossed. Yes, interesting Châtelaine, that you also have Apple Mac.
It might be not such an ignorant observation then. Wonder if this will help.  big grin 

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:52

@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:The quote button is totally messed up for me.

I see the last posters words in a yellow box

Normally, you push the quote button, and a white field opens beneath this yellow box, for you to put your comments in 

Now, it no longer does. There is no white space to put my quote. 

So I must go to 'post a reply' 


Chatelaine, have I answered your question?
Just checking. So far it seems OK / normal, for me. I'm on MacBook, not microsoft. Would that make a difference ? It might be a totally technically ignorant thing for me to have said but it seems odd that some can reply and others can't. About to discover if it sends OK.  spin
ETA, it's worked.



Thanks Bobbin. Sorry, negative, with your post also. No white quote space available as before. Portia
Just a question then, are you MacBook or Microsoft PC ? I just have a screen with the post and a single 'quote' box top right. I press that and get the previous message with the word 'quote' written beside it, where I can write my reply, then send.  high5 


MBook. As past history shows, I was perfectly able to tease all & sundry on quote.

The facilities you mention I had, precisely. For 6 yrs. Now all of a sudden I'm cut off

Thank you for your support! Portia




avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:53

@Portia wrote: ...

Once more: a no go. Portia

***
One more try. When you put your  cursor directly behind the last [/quote], then hit return once or twice and then type. What happens?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 21:59

Châtelaine wrote:
@Portia wrote: ...

Once more: a no go. Portia

***
One more try. When you put your  cursor directly behind the last

Lots of lovely white space!

Thank you very much Chatty!

But this is different form procedures so far
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 22:00

Châtelaine wrote:
@Portia wrote: ...

Once more: a no go. Portia

***
One more try. When you put your  cursor directly behind the last
, then hit return once or twice and then type. What happens?[/quote]

Double check

Night!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 22:01

@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
@Portia wrote: ...

Once more: a no go. Portia

***
One more try. When you put your  cursor directly behind the last

Lots of lovely white space!

Thank you very much Chatty!

But this is different form procedures so far
***
I'm a wizard in many ways, dear Portia ...  big grin 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by Tangled Web on 11.12.13 11:04

In my husband's opinion (he's been a graphic designer for 20 years) the two poolside pics of Maddie are two different photographs. He wouldn't indulge me any further (he thinks I'm obsessed!) but he's quite sure they are different.

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by MissDrew on 11.12.13 13:52

First post, but the black and white photo looked to me like a version that had been re-sized so the perspective had changed, making hair look shorter etc. I've re-sized the colour photo in an example in the following link to show what I mean. In my opinion it is the same photo.

https://imageshack.com/i/06augjj

MissDrew

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by worriedmum on 11.12.13 23:58

I don't think so MissDrew.

Look ath the shape of the top of the hat.
Look at the way the folds lie on the dress.
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1842
Reputation : 439
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by canada12 on 12.12.13 0:27

Miss Drew...I don't think so either...

To quote myself: play the video here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmy3y7_exclusive-new-video-madeleine-mccann-case_news
At about 00:32 in, the camera lingers on a good copy of the B&W photo.

You can see in the b&W photo that her hair is blunt cut and ends right at her chin.

Whereas in the larger colour photo her hair is long and straggly and runs down into the top part of her clothing. The hat is also a different shape.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by ulyssesoh on 12.12.13 2:28

From another angle in the video it looks much more like the familiar image.

Look at the crease in the dress on the bottom right; the two shadows formed between the left arm and dress where there are creases; the slightly darker area of skin on the outside of the arm above the left elbow; the dark bit of wall just off the left edge of the hat.

It does look strange but it looks like it could be a printout, it's of the edited version of the photo so it fuzzy in parts, and it's reproduced by video at a strange angle and in low resolution. Seems to explain it to me.


ulyssesoh

Posts : 15
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by ekatae on 12.12.13 2:41

What a revelation ...this thread has been to me.....Thank you....!!

____________________


ekatae

Posts : 88
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by ulyssesoh on 12.12.13 3:01

Given roughly the same treatment in terms of angles, blurring and color temperature and the original photo confirms its authenticity. Case closed on this one I think.

ulyssesoh

Posts : 15
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by canada12 on 12.12.13 8:24

Oh look, yeah. It's the "special" version of The Last Photo - the one minus Amelie's arm and Gerry's elbow. 

Which is the subject of a whole other topic of speculation about which came first, the photo with Gerry's elbow and Amelie's arm, or the photo of Madeleine on her own.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by bobbin on 12.12.13 8:48

@ulyssesoh wrote:Given roughly the same treatment in terms of angles, blurring and color temperature and the original photo confirms its authenticity. Case closed on this one I think.
I don't entirely agree. What exactly is the 'original' photo ? Can that be determined ?
I agree that the 'video' picture looks a 'squat' form of the pool photo but think it has also been fiddled with in the pool photo, so not an entire 'authentic original' in both photos.
Maddie's hair definitely looks longer in the pool photo, as if to age enhance her a bit perhaps. But WHY?
Well, these two photos being probably of original base (but maybe Madeleine's hair modified) leaves us with 'how did Gerry's jutting elbow and Amelie's arm get into the last pool photo?'
Or were they taken out, and if so, Why?
Either way, there's been some fiddling.
There is too much other evidence in the big pool picture of just fractionally out of sync shadow angles, shadow colour intensity, inconsistencies re sharpness of ground tiles and wall bricks, on either side of Maddie, the peculiar reflection in Gerry's glasses off at 90 degrees, the bougainvillea in full flower when the weather had not made it possible to be so, the peculiar black mark behind Amelie's hand/arm, all long discussed before.
Either, the 'alone' picture was taken a year earlier, on that background, when Madeleine's features would match better to her other photos, (that's if any single one of them is actually of her), AND the family / jutting elbow photo has had Gerry and Amelie added in, to make it look like a happy family photo,
OR the Gerry and/ or Amelie picture has been taken 'after' 03.05.07 and Maddie has been pasted in.
Or BOTH.
The top line of the wall and the grass, with shading to 'our left of Maddie's right ear', on the larger versions is also indicative of two different photo shootings.
I do agree that the 'alone' picture looks 'squat' because of the filming angle, but the timing of when these photos/including background/ elbow, Amelie arm etc. do indicate that Maddie, as shown in the 'alone' photo, is not the full picture (excuse the pun).
So I don't think it's case closed at all. The squat picture has Madeleine with shorter hair regardless of angle.
Might be the same Maddie photo, later enhanced, but definitely two conjoined backgrounds. So which is the original, for there to have been an authentic starting point.

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by worriedmum on 12.12.13 11:43

ulyssesoh, you say 'case closed' but can you tell me what you have done to the pool picture in order to make it more closely resemble the framed one?
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1842
Reputation : 439
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by PeterMac on 12.12.13 11:53

@worriedmum wrote:ulyssesoh, you say 'case closed' but can you tell me what you have done to the pool picture in order to make it more closely resemble the framed one?
Looks like an iPad, at the same angle and then photographed.
Well done. Very neat.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by ulyssesoh on 12.12.13 12:44

Sure, worriedmum. I just dragged the high resolution poolside picture into Microsoft Word (since I don't have better software for this purpose). Using the settings there I rotated the image to a similar angle, used the "blur" setting to reduce the resolution, used the color settings to make the image less bold and more grey. I added the frame and shadow for no good reason, really. Then I saved it as a picture.

I was quite surprised by how similar the final product was, to be honest, as the photo in the video did look quite different.

ulyssesoh

Posts : 15
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If there is ONE last photo.........................

Post by ulyssesoh on 12.12.13 15:42

@bobbin wrote:
@ulyssesoh wrote:Given roughly the same treatment in terms of angles, blurring and color temperature and the original photo confirms its authenticity. Case closed on this one I think.
I don't entirely agree. What exactly is the 'original' photo ? Can that be determined ?
I agree that the 'video' picture looks a 'squat' form of the pool photo but think it has also been fiddled with in the pool photo, so not an entire 'authentic original' in both photos.
Maddie's hair definitely looks longer in the pool photo, as if to age enhance her a bit perhaps. But WHY?
Well, these two photos being probably of original base (but maybe Madeleine's hair modified) leaves us with 'how did Gerry's jutting elbow and Amelie's arm get into the last pool photo?'
Or were they taken out, and if so, Why?
Either way, there's been some fiddling.
There is too much other evidence in the big pool picture of just fractionally out of sync shadow angles, shadow colour intensity, inconsistencies re sharpness of ground tiles and wall bricks, on either side of Maddie, the peculiar reflection in Gerry's glasses off at 90 degrees, the bougainvillea in full flower when the weather had not made it possible to be so, the peculiar black mark behind Amelie's hand/arm, all long discussed before.
Either, the 'alone' picture was taken a year earlier, on that background, when Madeleine's features would match better to her other photos, (that's if any single one of them is actually of her), AND the family / jutting elbow photo has had Gerry and Amelie added in, to make it look like a happy family photo,
OR the Gerry and/ or Amelie picture has been taken 'after' 03.05.07 and Maddie has been pasted in.
Or BOTH.
The top line of the wall and the grass, with shading to 'our left of Maddie's right ear', on the larger versions is also indicative of two different photo shootings.
I do agree that the 'alone' picture looks 'squat' because of the filming angle, but the timing of when these photos/including background/ elbow, Amelie arm etc. do indicate that Maddie, as shown in the 'alone' photo, is not the full picture (excuse the pun).
So I don't think it's case closed at all. The squat picture has Madeleine with shorter hair regardless of angle.
Might be the same Maddie photo, later enhanced, but definitely two conjoined backgrounds. So which is the original, for there to have been an authentic starting point.
------------------------------------

Leaving aside any other questions about the authenticity of this photo and its variants, I think we can safely conclude that the photo in the video is the "blurred" version with elbow etc. removed rather than an alternative. That's the only conclusion I was pointing to.

ulyssesoh

Posts : 15
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum