The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Mm11

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Mm11

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Regist10

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Empty Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation

Post by Guest 03.05.12 16:35

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation

By Niall O'Connor

Thursday May 03 2012

AN IRISH family will be part of a major new probe into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the Herald can reveal.

Louth couple Martin and Mary Smith were holidaying in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on the night Madeleine went missing five years ago.

The couple and their children saw a man carrying a child, matching Maddie's description, barefoot through the town on the night of May 3, 2007.

In her book Madeleine, Kate McCann describes this sighting as one of the strongest indications that Maddie (then three) was abducted.

The Herald understands that the launch of a major new probe into the little girl's disappearance will centre around the recollections of the Smith family, who live in Drogheda.

Police reports state that Mr and Mrs Smith left Kelly's Bar in the resort at approximately 10pm when they passed a male they said was carrying a young girl who was barefoot.

Confident

Today Mrs Smith revealed that the family is prepared to be interviewed by investigators about the events of that night.

She told the Herald: "We've heard nothing for ages now.

"We have not been contacted. However, when we are we will cooperate fully," she said.

"It is such a tragic and saddening incident -- what happened to that family is not nice at all. But I can't tell you anymore because we haven't heard anything yet," she added.

The Herald understands that the couple's evidence will prove vital to police hoping to devise a photofit of the prime suspect.

Last week detectives at Scotland Yard in London announced that they have discovered 195 possible new leads. They urged Portuguese authorities to re-open their enquiry.

Madeleine's desperate parents, Kate and Gerry, have told how they believe all "leads" will be scoured by investigators in both the UK and Portugal in a new probe.

"If there is any kind of lead that hasn't been investigated properly we want police looking at it," said Kate (44).

Madeleine was almost four- years-old when she vanished from her bed in her parents' apartment at the Ocean Club holiday resort in Praia da Luz between 9.35pm and 10pm on May 3, 2007.

The Smiths were previously quizzed by investigators after they recalled seeing a man carrying a young child through the Portuguese town.

Any new probe by Scotland Yard is certain to involve the family being asked to provide information again.

Speaking as police announce that they have uncovered new leads, Gerry (43) revealed how the family are more confident than ever that Madeleine will be found alive.

"It does feel finally someone in the authorities, British authorities, are actually trying to find Madeleine," he said.

"I'm more confident now than at any point for the last four-and-a-half years we will find her and who is responsible for taking her," he added.

hnews@herald.ie

- Niall O'Connor

http://www.herald.ie/news/irish-family-are-key-witnesses-in-the-new-maddie-investigation-3097773.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Empty Re: Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation

Post by jd 03.05.12 16:40

This will be the photofit of the prime suspect

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Zzgerrymccann1
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Empty Re: Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation

Post by tigger 03.05.12 16:42

I sincerely hope that they will stick to their statements. BK was in contact with them november 07 I believe.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.05.12 16:45

And that they report in detail what occurred when BK contacted them.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 17:12

tigger wrote:I sincerely hope that they will stick to their statements. BK was in contact with them november 07 I believe.

Mr Kennedy with his £3.6B fortune does, like most of the characters in this grotesque charade, seem to be Teflon coated. By the way the Irish police are Garda, not Gardia.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/mccann-drogheda-brian-kennedy.html?m=1

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2010/08/21/brian-kennedys-alleged-intimidation-of-witnesses-leicestershire-constabulary-to-take-no-action/

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

I have deleted the letter you posted that Tony wrote it may be one of those that have been taken off this forum.

Ok fair enough in view of May 9/10th.

ToffeeApple

Activity : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 17:18

PeterMac wrote:And that they report in detail what occurred when BK contacted them.

That goes without saying. Smith's initial reports were that he was almost certain the ghoul with a barefoot comatose toddler in his arms was Gerry McCann. I've heard he has been "persuaded" to downgrade the identification of the abductor to 80 per cent. I wonder who brought pressure to Mr Smith and his family?

This bit is revealing:

"Any new probe by Scotland Yard is certain to involve the family being asked to provide information again."

So the Yard are pestering foreign nationals, the Smiths, but not pestering the parents or the Tapas coverup brigade?
ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.05.12 17:22

SY might decide to pay a visit to the person interfering with a witness.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 17:31

ToffeeApple wrote:
PeterMac wrote:And that they report in detail what occurred when BK contacted them.

That goes without saying. Smith's initial reports were that he was almost certain the ghoul with a barefoot comatose toddler in his arms was Gerry McCann. I've heard he has been "persuaded" to downgrade the identification of the abductor to 80 per cent. I wonder who brought pressure to Mr Smith and his family?

This bit is revealing:

"Any new probe by Scotland Yard is certain to involve the family being asked to provide information again."

So the Yard are pestering foreign nationals, the Smiths, but not pestering the parents or the Tapas coverup brigade?

This bit:

"And that they report in detail what occurred when BK contacted them.

This bit is revealing:

So the Yard are pestering foreign nationals, the Smiths, but not pestering the parents or the Tapas coverup brigade?"

I think the Yard's plan is to wear the Smiths down, so that there is a large margin of doubt about whom they actually saw.

I.e. not Gerry McCann. This paves the way for the Yard's preferred abduction scenario. And if the EVRD dogs are right, and I think they are, Maddie must have been dead behind the sofa for at least 90 minutes for the cadaverine odour to develop and settle. Which means a death far earlier than the hasty panicked scribbled Doctors' timeline indicates. If the Smiths saw Gerry carrying a toddler, and it appears Maddie spent time in a cupboard, in a subsequently missing tennis bag, one wonders why the Smiths did not sight someone struggling along with a very heavy tennis bag? I think the answer is expediency, he took a panicked calculated risk. The body was hastily temporarily hidden. Then a very fit keen runner legged it back pronto to all the commotion.

ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 17:33

russiandoll wrote: SY might decide to pay a visit to the person interfering with a witness.

Not if the witness interferer is untouchable. Lodge membership + £3.6B buys an awful lot of favours.
ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 03.05.12 17:38

I think brian kennedy has pretty much interfered with all the witnesses.....I think there is a term for this!!
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 03.05.12 17:41

tigger wrote:I sincerely hope that they will stick to their statements. BK was in contact with them november 07 I believe.

I sincerely hope that too , I can remember way back when Mr. Smith gave his statement and I would believe his timeline as they had a reason to be back at their apartment , as his son had an early flight .

We must remember that Mr. Smith did not initially give a great description in his first statement , and when he saw GM walking from the plane , it was not his hair, his shoes, his facial features or anything about him physically ONLY the way he was holding the child ...... I believe him , but that is IMO for what its worthIrish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 160807
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 03.05.12 17:43

jd wrote:This will be the photofit of the prime suspect

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 3877000266
tuom
tuom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.12 17:49

tuom wrote:

If we go by SY's record so far, then I think it will look more like this big grin

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMpfmhlPKF-36Jdic8l02zLdvJ-ECb13FLaSfv_AiTVGS38qq6
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 17:59

candyfloss wrote:
tuom wrote:

If we go by SY's record so far, then I think it will look more like this big grin

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMpfmhlPKF-36Jdic8l02zLdvJ-ECb13FLaSfv_AiTVGS38qq6

That looks like Gerry's soul/aura - there's nothing there. laughat
ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 03.05.12 18:46

Someone said the other day that the Mccanns would not be doing any interviews. People thought it might be a quieter anniversary with one appeal. With Panorama, Crimewatch, interviews with the SY, the Mccanns, their old priest and a few others, we have the papers here and abroad saturated with old and new stuff, opinion columns, even Loose Women in on it. Why dont they just republish all their old articles. Overkill indeed. Where is the UK AG in all this? An ongoing Met review come half investigation IMO and the three ring circus has had another ring added on. At the end of the day, after this tsunami as Blacksmith puts it, there is nothing new. Perhaps its the storm before another storm this time or back to calm after a week or so.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 03.05.12 18:52

friedtomatoes wrote:Someone said the other day that the Mccanns would not be doing any interviews. People thought it might be a quieter anniversary with one appeal. With Panorama, Crimewatch, interviews with the SY, the Mccanns, their old priest and a few others, we have the papers here and abroad saturated with old and new stuff, opinion columns, even Loose Women in on it. Why dont they just republish all their old articles. Overkill indeed. Where is the UK AG in all this? An ongoing Met review come half investigation IMO and the three ring circus has had another ring added on. At the end of the day, after this tsunami as Blacksmith puts it, there is nothing new. Perhaps its the storm before another storm this time or back to calm after a week or so.

Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 636506 Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 41345390
tuom
tuom

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 03.05.12 18:56

Maybe someone will have a dream tonight and phone in with the answers to solve this 5 year case in the morning
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 03.05.12 19:20

jd wrote:Maybe someone will have a dream tonight and phone in with the answers to solve this 5 year case in the morning

TV3 an Irish channel is showing this tonight "Abducted from her bed " its the Elizabeth Smart story , weird timing Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 3139096799
tuom
tuom

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 20:22

tuom wrote:
jd wrote:Maybe someone will have a dream tonight and phone in with the answers to solve this 5 year case in the morning

TV3 an Irish channel is showing this tonight "Abducted from her bed " its the Elizabeth Smart story , weird timing Irish family are 'key witnesses' in the new Maddie investigation 3139096799

I don't for one minute belive that is a coincidence. To those paying attention, they are certainly overplaying their hand. Question Time tonight on the BBC, any bets a plant in the audience praises the McCann's tenacity?
ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 03.05.12 20:29

ToffeeApple wrote: Question Time tonight on the BBC, any bets a plant in the audience praises the McCann's tenacity?

I was thinking the same thing
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 03.05.12 20:34

Perhaps they will also investigate Kate's dream about seeing Maddie.

p. 230

“On the night of 1 September I dreamed about Madeleine for the first time on four months…it was such a dreadful experience…Although I was dreaming, I could feel her. It was as if parts of my body that had been hibernating for months suddenly began to stir. I could sense the cold, dark days lifting as I luxuriated in warmth and light. And Madeleine was holding me, her little arms wrapped tightly round me, and it felt so good, I could smell her, I could feel her with every one of my senses as I soaked up this heavenly moment. My Madeleine. I wanted to stay like this for ever. And then I woke up. Ice began to course through my body, driving out every endorphin and remnant of warmth. I didn’t understand. What was happening? How could this be? I could still feel her! A heavy boot connected with my stomach and the ache in my chest was worse than I’d known it. I was struggling for breath, almost as if I were being strangled. Please God, don’t let her go! Stay with me, Madeleine. Please stay with me. Don’t go – stay with Mummy. Please, sweetheart, hold on. I love you so much. I started to cry. The crying built into seismic sobs. An unearthly sound, like the howl of a wounded animal, was coming out of my mouth. The crushing pain in my chest intensified to the point where I thought I was going to die. I’d been with her. And then she was gone. Again”.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 03.05.12 20:34

Question Time is a very controlled programme, and very politically focussed, I cant see the story being brought up, but you never know.

Even Newsnight has not run the story as far as I know.

As for an Elizabeth Smart programme being aired, I have no idea why. Its such an old story. Werent the abductors charged and jailed? I remember there being doubts around that story too. Ed Smart, one of Gerrys mates.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 03.05.12 20:50

Sorry Tuom, didnt see your earlier post, thanks!

Is it just me? Or is typing on here seeeming a lot slower. I mean I type as fast as on other forums, but the words are not appearing instantly.Must be my internet connection or my ipad keyboard playing up.

Off topic I know, but when you write a post or edit one, why is there such a long white space you have to scroll through to get to the post and edit buttons. Is it because the emoticons column is so long?
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ToffeeApple 03.05.12 21:01

friedtomatoes wrote:

Sorry Tuom, didnt see your earlier post, thanks!

Is it just me? Or is typing on here seeeming a lot slower. I mean I type as fast as on other forums, but the words are not appearing instantly.Must be my internet connection or my ipad keyboard playing up.

Off topic I know, but when you write a post or edit one, why is there such a long white space you have to scroll through to get to the post and edit buttons. Is it because the emoticons column is so long?

Yes, that is the reason. I have experience of QT, nothing gets allowed to be asked unless thee BBC and the spinners want it to be asked. It is often pre recorded too, so can be tinkered with.
ToffeeApple

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.05.12 21:06

uppatoffee wrote:Perhaps they will also investigate Kate's dream about seeing Maddie.

p. 230

“On the night of 1 September I dreamed about Madeleine for the first time on four months…it was such a dreadful experience…Although I was dreaming, I could feel her. It was as if parts of my body that had been hibernating for months suddenly began to stir. I could sense the cold, dark days lifting as I luxuriated in warmth and light. And Madeleine was holding me, her little arms wrapped tightly round me, and it felt so good, I could smell her, I could feel her with every one of my senses as I soaked up this heavenly moment. My Madeleine. I wanted to stay like this for ever. And then I woke up. Ice began to course through my body, driving out every endorphin and remnant of warmth. I didn’t understand. What was happening? How could this be? I could still feel her! A heavy boot connected with my stomach and the ache in my chest was worse than I’d known it. I was struggling for breath, almost as if I were being strangled. Please God, don’t let her go! Stay with me, Madeleine. Please stay with me. Don’t go – stay with Mummy. Please, sweetheart, hold on. I love you so much. I started to cry. The crying built into seismic sobs. An unearthly sound, like the howl of a wounded animal, was coming out of my mouth. The crushing pain in my chest intensified to the point where I thought I was going to die. I’d been with her. And then she was gone. Again”.

:puke:
This type of prose is nothing like the already edited diary. Definitely had help from some or other hack. Managed to get endorphins in there to remind us she's a doctor. Once again Maddie is holding her she isn't holding Maddie. Which is definitely the wrong way round.
If Maddie was holding on to her - OK, but only just.
The boot in her chest and almost feeling strangled - either but not both of these to convey the apparent sensation.
Seismic sobs, howl of a wounded animal. Mein Gott, who has been writing this drivel?
You don't feel with every one of your sense, feeling is one of your senses - and so on and so forth. The style reminds me of a bodice ripper mixed with a dose of Cartland.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a photograph of Maddie on or next to Kate in PdL? A toddler would be hoisted onto my lap very often. Then you can hug really well. How can a little girl hold her mother? She's not big enough.

Kate: it's like this. We're sorry Maddie was left alone and unprotected. We can't be sorry for you because Maddie can't hold you anymore or be your best friend.
You were her mother and holding and loving her was part of that.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top