The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 13 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 13 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 13 Regist10

Bernt Stellander interview

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 13 Empty Re: Bernt Stellander interview

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 13:57

Bluebagthepirate wrote:It's not "unlucky" to bump into people on a street leading to bars and restaurants. It's a probability and one no one would take considering it was all kicking off 400 metres away.

That street doesn't lead to bars and restaurants. It leads to rocky beaches. It seems you've never been there !
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 306

silly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 30.08.24 14:02

AnneCGuedes wrote:
Bluebagthepirate wrote:It's not "unlucky" to bump into people on a street leading to bars and restaurants. It's a probability and one no one would take considering it was all kicking off 400 metres away.

That street doesn't lead to bars and restaurants. It leads to rocky beaches. It seems you've never been there !
??? 

It absolutely led to bars and restaurants.

That's where the Smiths were coming from.

It also led to apartment complexes.

That is where the Smiths were heading.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 825

GreenTara and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 30.08.24 14:09

I have been to PDL only once for a few hours in the late morning early afternoon as had taken a bus from Alvor to Lagos then a connecting one to Luz, the first thing I noticed when walking was how narrow the streets were especially in the older streets, also walking on Portuguese small cobbled pavement and some road tiles can be lethal even with wearing flat shoes as the feel slippy underfoot, never mind navigating a corpse
Also years ago there was a missing person appeal on TV reported 2 day’s after the person went missing I happened to be owing to finishing work and journeying home I happened to be in the same location as the last sighting at the same time, now I didn’t see anything though from the minute I heard the TV appeal, I was already replaying every single minute detail of my journey home that day, and also what I was wearing carrying etc etc
For that reason in my opinion if Mr Smith & fam had really seen Gerry they would have recognised him immediately on seeing him in newspapers and the TV coverage that was broadcast across the world in May not in September
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.08.24 15:06

Bluebagthepirate wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

??? 

It absolutely led to bars and restaurants.

That's where the Smiths were coming from.

It also led to apartment complexes.

That is where the Smiths were heading.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16870

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Bluebagthepirate, GreenTara and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 17:43

PeterMac wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:
PeterMac wrote:he believes that Smithman was Gerry, carrying the freshly dead and still warm, bloodied and leaking body of his daughter

That's my opinion too, except for the "fresly dead" (dead for over 20 hours) and "still warm" (cold) not "bloodied and leaking"...
Smithman was very unlucky to cross 9 people coming back home, the probability was almost null at this time and period of the year (I went there with Pat Brown and observed).

Death on Wednesday 2nd then, or very early hours of 3rd ?

I hadn't realised you visited with Pat B.    When was that ?

Death before he and later she came back from the Tapas bar.
In February 2012 I think. I invited PB for dinner and the following morning drove her and Joana Morais to PDL. We picked up Sofia de L (Astro) in Praia da Rocha and we had lunch at Paraiso. Joana was sick and I had a commitment, we left PDL around midnight. PB had found a room in the building across Agostinho da Silva St and had a clear view on G5A.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

PeterMac, crusader, silly, Honesty and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 17:58

In 2012 at night, believe it or not, we went from G5A to the stairs of Calheta and we met no one as well as no car passed us. All cars, and there were many, used Primeiro de Maio.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

PeterMac, crusader, Honesty and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 18:04

pinkgladioli wrote:
For that reason in my opinion if Mr Smith & fam had really seen Gerry they would have recognised him immediately on seeing him in newspapers and the TV coverage that was broadcast across the world in May not in September

I never had TV, so I first saw the MCs' faces in June or July on the cover of some magazine in the supermarket !
I don't know whether Smithman was G but the S testimony is the only one that could be related to M being moved away. All S admitted the child looked like M.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 18:59

Jill Havern wrote:From Bernt:

I don't speak or read Portuguese and that my job was basically done when the English translation of Amaral's book became available. 

The English translation of AnnaEsse has been available online since 9 September 2009. 
https://thetruthaboutthelie.blogspot.com/2009/09/complete-book-on-one-page.html
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Honesty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 30.08.24 19:17

I’d hazard a guess the Smiths had a TV or access to one or newspapers in some capacity especially when they frequented the likes of Kelly’s bar  when they got back home definitely, The McC’s and their wider family took every opportunity to hi light their Irish heritage and with the Smiths being Irish I’d say they would deffo would have been automatically drawn to the plight of missing girl with irish roots, I reckon they would have been watching and listening for any updates, Madeleine's would be seen as one of their own,
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 30.08.24 19:29

I'm at a loss as to know how anyone didn't hear the commotion going on in Praia da Luz that night.
I remember the tv channels talking to the residents and they all said how you could here people shouting Madeleine until the early hours of 4th May.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6796

Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Honesty 30.08.24 19:33

Jill Havern wrote:There's no denying Lizzy has done some great research but, sadly, none of her videos will get the case reopened.

What Bernt is doing is pressuring the PJ to take a close look at the sites he has identified.

What on earth is wrong with that? This case needs some physical activity to even come close to getting the case reopened and investigated properly.

MMRG has been active with all our letters to the authorities, but this case needs something physical now, boots on the ground.

Which is what Bernt is doing!

bow2
I can't think anyone would think there was anything  wrong with Bernt pressuring the PJ if he genuinely believes in the sites.

But, imo, if others, particularly those giants who have toiled for so many years on this case, wish to voice an opinion that differs to Bernt, surely they should be free to do so.
Honesty
Honesty

Activity : 140

Ladyinred and Cake Lover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 30.08.24 19:51

crusader wrote:I'm at a loss as to know how anyone didn't hear the commotion going on in Praia da Luz that night.
I remember the tv channels talking to the residents and they all said how you could here people shouting Madeleine until the early hours of 4th May.

Around 50 persons looking for M in a village of about 3500 inhabitants in low season.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Honesty 30.08.24 20:12

AnneCGuedes wrote:
PeterMac wrote:he believes that Smithman was Gerry, carrying the freshly dead and still warm, bloodied and leaking body of his daughter

That's my opinion too, except for the "fresly dead" (dead for over 20 hours) and "still warm" (cold) not "bloodied and leaking"...
Smithman was very unlucky to cross 9 people coming back home, the probability was almost null at this time and period of the year (I went there with Pat Brown and observed).
What a tremendous honour, Anne, to have met Pat Brown!
Honesty
Honesty

Activity : 140

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 30.08.24 20:58

Honesty wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:There's no denying Lizzy has done some great research but, sadly, none of her videos will get the case reopened.

What Bernt is doing is pressuring the PJ to take a close look at the sites he has identified.

What on earth is wrong with that? This case needs some physical activity to even come close to getting the case reopened and investigated properly.

MMRG has been active with all our letters to the authorities, but this case needs something physical now, boots on the ground.

Which is what Bernt is doing!

bow2
I can't think anyone would think there was anything  wrong with Bernt pressuring the PJ if he genuinely believes in the sites.

But, imo, if others, particularly those giants who have toiled for so many years on this case, wish to voice an opinion that differs to Bernt, surely they should be free to do so.
I don't know about giants... there are a lot of  unsung heroes though.

The "giants" seem a bit unhappy with the new kid on the block.

It's like they want him to fail.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 825

GreenTara, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.08.24 21:05

AnneCGuedes wrote:
In February 2012 I think. I invited PB for dinner and the following morning drove her and Joana Morais to PDL. We picked up Sofia de L (Astro) in Praia da Rocha and we had lunch at Paraiso. Joana was sick and I had a commitment, we left PDL around midnight. PB had found a room in the building across Agostinho da Silva St and had a clear view on G5A.

which means I missed you all by a few hours.   Fate messes us all around.
I met Pat on the beach on what must have been the next day and we spend three days snooping and sleuthing and mucking around
And pushing up shutters and pacing things and timing things, and then had a look at the ‘Lawless Hinterlands” trying to imagine where the 
“Hellish Lair: might be.
And then dropped her off with Natasha D 
Pity we didn’t all meet

If I understand you right, you agree with Bernt’s Wednesday 2/5/7 date of death - Late evening or 
Early hours of the morning 3/5/7 , depending on the amount of alcohol - OR anything else - consumed (?)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

AnneCGuedes and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 31.08.24 1:04

PeterMac wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

I met Pat on the beach on what must have been the next day and we spend three days snooping and sleuthing and mucking around
And pushing up shutters and pacing things and timing things, and then had a look at the ‘Lawless Hinterlands” trying to imagine where the 
Pity we didn’t all meet

If I understand you right, you agree with Bernt’s Wednesday 2/5/7 date of death - Late evening or 
Early hours of the morning 3/5/7 , depending on the amount of alcohol - OR anything else - consumed (?)

These are the tricks of fate ! Then Joana and Sofia had a close friendship, I never understood why this turned into hostility. Didn't you meet Ima (Parapono) once ? She was very much interested in the trial and stayed for a while at Joana Morais'.

Late evening, K was still angry because of the night before when G had invited the quiz lady to their table. Like BS, I think that M used to start the night in her parents' bed so as not to disturb the twins’ sleep and that she was carried to her bed when her parents were back home. Either K thought G had put M back in her bed (she didn't turn on the light to get into the bed under the window) or she saw M wasn't in her bed but thought she was still in her parents' bed. They discovered the truth in the morning.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 31.08.24 8:14

If only just one of them had bothered to check  that the children were all in bed.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2730

AnneCGuedes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 31.08.24 11:22

AnneCGuedes wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

Pity we didn’t all meet

These are the tricks of fate ! Then Joana and Sofia had a close friendship, I never understood why this turned into hostility. Didn't you meet Ima (Parapono) once ? She was very much interested in the trial and stayed for a while at Joana Morais'.

Late evening, K was still angry because of the night before when G had invited the quiz lady to their table. Like BS, I think that M used to start the night in her parents' bed so as not to disturb the twins’ sleep and that she was carried to her bed when her parents were back home. Either K thought G had put M back in her bed (she didn't turn on the light to get into the bed under the window) or she saw M wasn't in her bed but thought she was still in her parents' bed. They discovered the truth in the morning.
I have met Parapono she stayed with us for a week when we lived in Spain. I met her online and then built up a relationship. Sadly like many relationships we lost touch. She was also a friend to the late Kiko who was also a friend of ours and we met him and his wife many times.

Activity : 3423

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 31.08.24 16:31

Nina wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

Pity we didn’t all meet

I have met Parapono she stayed with us for a week when we lived in Spain. I met her online and then built up a relationship. Sadly like many relationships we lost touch. She was also a friend to the late Kiko who was also a friend of ours and we met him and his wife many times.
Ima also went to France and England.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 31.08.24 18:29

Liz Eagles wrote:
Nina wrote:I have met Parapono she stayed with us for a week when we lived in Spain. I met her online and then built up a relationship. Sadly like many relationships we lost touch. She was also a friend to the late Kiko who was also a friend of ours and we met him and his wife many times.

Ima had a bad experience in France with "Châtelaine". She went to London for the TB's trial. I met her at the Lisbon Court of Justice. She had only a couch in JM's flat, so she came to my place and after that stayed with me each time the MC trial had a new development. Last Spring she had a very disabling problem in her shoulder : calcium deposition within the structure of the tendons that seems to have been finally well treated with the Barbotage procedure.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 31.08.24 19:30

Cake Lover wrote:If only just one of them had bothered to check  that the children were all in bed.

The only difference is that Bernt thinks they found her dead that night (2/5/7), rather than the next morning.
It is a small point, and to a certain extent not terribly important in the bigger overall scenario
except that the McCanns might have taken steps that night (2/5/7) and early hours of the morning of 3/5/7 
to 'deal with the situation' rather than doing the whole thing the following morning    (3/5/7)

That includes secretion of the body, disposal to first hiding place, First draft of Scene 1 of the Play,
ensuring that Kate 'agrees' with Gerry's plan. and much more involving allocating rôles to the other Tapas Actors.

Of course all the witnesses (so-called) were being asked about Thursday 3/5/7, and no one seems to have asked in detail about previous nights.
which may be why so many had nothing much to say.  

Bernt points out that everything important in Kate's book starts on 3/5/7.   And in her Journal / Diary
He discusses this at some length,
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Nina, Bluebagthepirate, Cake Lover, GreenTara, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 31.08.24 21:11

AnneCGuedes wrote:
Liz Eagles wrote:
Nina wrote:I have met Parapono she stayed with us for a week when we lived in Spain. I met her online and then built up a relationship. Sadly like many relationships we lost touch. She was also a friend to the late Kiko who was also a friend of ours and we met him and his wife many times.

Ima had a bad experience in France with "Châtelaine". She went to London for the TB's trial. I met her at the Lisbon Court of Justice. She had only a couch in JM's flat, so she came to my place and after that stayed with me each time the MC trial had a new development. Last Spring she had a very disabling problem in her shoulder : calcium deposition within the structure of the tendons that seems to have been finally well treated with the Barbotage procedure.

I sent her a message on WA telling her we had mentioned her to-day. She's fine, her cat is fine, her shoulder too and she's for the moment voluntering at the Noorderzon festival of Groningen.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 31.08.24 22:59

AnneCGuedes wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:
Liz Eagles wrote:

I sent her a message on WA telling her we had mentioned her to-day. She's fine, her cat is fine, her shoulder too and she's for the moment voluntering at the Noorderzon festival of Groningen.
Please give her my best wishes. No longer in Spain but back in the UK. We were the folk with all the rescue dogs in the Montes de Malaga if she cannot recall us.

Activity : 3423

Back to top Go down

Post by Shash T 01.09.24 0:15

PeterMac wrote:
Cake Lover wrote:If only just one of them had bothered to check  that the children were all in bed.

The only difference is that Bernt thinks they found her dead that night (2/5/7), rather than the next morning.
It is a small point, and to a certain extent not terribly important in the bigger overall scenario
except that the McCanns might have taken steps that night (2/5/7) and early hours of the morning of 3/5/7 
to 'deal with the situation' rather than doing the whole thing the following morning    (3/5/7)

That includes secretion of the body, disposal to first hiding place, First draft of Scene 1 of the Play,
ensuring that Kate 'agrees' with Gerry's plan. and much more involving allocating rôles to the other Tapas Actors.

Of course all the witnesses (so-called) were being asked about Thursday 3/5/7, and no one seems to have asked in detail about previous nights.
which may be why so many had nothing much to say.  

Bernt points out that everything important in Kate's book starts on 3/5/7.   And in her Journal / Diary
He discusses this at some length,
If they found her dead the night of 2/5/7, or even the morning of 3/5/7, does this give them enough time to forensically clean the apartment, come up with a plan and write time lines?
Shash T
Shash T

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 01.09.24 0:23

Shash T wrote:

If they found her dead the night of 2/5/7, or even the morning of 3/5/7, does this give them enough time to forensically clean the apartment, come up with a plan and write time lines?

You may die without spilling any blood  (for instance positional smothering). Frankly I think that their first reaction must have been sideration, horror, despair.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Flossy, crusader and Shash T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 01.09.24 0:32

Imo that's the key. Had they not been so stupidly angry with each other, they'd have checked (remember "we let her down"). Was it too late for M ? Likely, but they could have called an emergency nb, no MC case would have started, the media wouldn't have known a word of it and M would have been given a funeral.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Shash T and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shash T 01.09.24 2:01

AnneCGuedes wrote:
Shash T wrote:

You may die without spilling any blood  (for instance positional smothering). Frankly I think that their first reaction must have been sideration, horror, despair.
Thank you Anne for your reply. 
So not needing to do all the cleaning I thought they'd be doing, then they would have time for the planning. (I was imagining a good couple of days to be sure the place was clean enough, in between taking the kids to the club, tennis, jogging, and whatever else. ) big grin
Shash T
Shash T

Activity : 40

Cake Lover and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 01.09.24 7:14

AnneCGuedes wrote:

Imo that's the key. Had they not been so stupidly angry with each other, they'd have checked (remember "we let her down"). Was it too late for M ? Likely, but they could have called an emergency nb, no MC case would have started, the media wouldn't have known a word of it and M would have been given a funeral.

Too much alcohol affected their behaviour and decision-making that evening.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1829

Jojo1 and GertrudeShilling like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.09.24 9:48

Kate told us that the Body was swiftly removed.

– she must have been taken out of the apartment within minutes. Did they really believe that a dog could smell the ‘odour of death’ three months later from a body that had been removed so swiftly?

McCann, Kate. Madeleine (p. 219). Transworld Digital. Kindle Edition.

TWICE in two sentences.

And we recall, or should do, (Long post on another thread somewhere)  that cadaverine is a breakdown produce of the amino acid Lysine, which is present in blood, and in children in greater proportion than in adults.    It was not necessary for the body to have lain on the floor for a long time.   The blood in the grout between the tiles would have decomposed and produced the chemical to be detected by the dog
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Nina, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 01.09.24 9:58

Ladyinred wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

Too much alcohol affected their behaviour and decision-making that evening.
They were sober (as far as we know) when they decided to leave their three babies to fend for themselves, though.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2730

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top