The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Mm11

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Mm11

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Regist10

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Empty The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.16 7:34

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Amb10

Someone posted a link to this new petition on CMOMM facebook yesterday. I thought it would be interesting to see how many signatures this Petition generates in comparison to the one Tony started asking the Home Office for a Full Report into how Operation Grange has spent millions of pounds over the past five years.

It's a pity there's no details on the Petition giving reasons for wanting Kate removed like, for instance, on her own admission, she and her husband admited to having - six nights in a row - left three children all under 4 long enough for one of them to be abducted, a judgment they themselves describe as 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting. And they have never publicly advised people never to leave young children on their own. 

It's already got 350 signatures since yesterday https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/the-removal-of-kate-mccann-as-ambassador-of-missing-people.html

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Missin10

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Empty Re: The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people

Post by Guest 29.04.16 8:22

Strange petition having nothing added to back up the reasons for her being removed as Ambassador.  Don't you think that by not giving reasons it could be seen as a vendetta? I don't agree with Kate McCann being Ambassador, I think it's ludicrous that the organisation would have even considered it in the first place but I don't think this petition in the form it's written in just now, does itself any favours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Empty Re: The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people

Post by Jill Havern 29.04.16 8:30

melisande wrote:Strange petition having nothing added to back up the reasons for her being removed as Ambassador.  Don't you think that by not giving reasons it could be seen as a vendetta? I don't agree with Kate McCann being Ambassador, I think it's ludicrous that the organisation would have even considered it in the first place but I don't think this petition in the form it's written in just now, does itself any favours.
I don't either. It would be impossible to share this amongst those who haven't followed this case because, as you say, it looks like a vendetta.

Still, it'll be interesting to see just how many people want Kate removed as opposed to how many wanted a Full Report into how Grange spent millions of pounds to whitewash Madeleine's case.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.04.16 8:35

I wouldn't be surprised if it got more because it's not a government petition, not seen as political, a bone of contention for a lot of people and it's more likely to get shared on social media.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.04.16 8:45

melisande wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it got more because it's not a government petition, not seen as political, a bone of contention for a lot of people and it's more likely to get shared on social media.
Yes I think you are right melisande.

Many people are reluctant to sign government petitions because of their families and I think the OG one would have put many people off because it involved questions about police investigation.

It is obvious from the comments following Katies Hopkins article that many would like to become involved (IMO) but everyday they read of possible government coverup and PR spin, the way Brenda was hounded and so they think of their families first.  

I also agree that this petition could be seen as a vendetta without reasons being given, but if the whole country signed I do not believe that they would remove her anyway.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.04.16 9:01

I agree that she should be removed, but this petition is a distraction from other important recent developments in the case, IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Portia 29.04.16 9:35

Whose petition is it anyway?

Does KH for reasons all her own want out, and do TM want to lay the blame on those nasties who are forcing her to step down?
Portia
Portia

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 29.04.16 9:39

Tread warily. I sniff another dossier opportunity.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 29.04.16 9:47

Mirage wrote:Tread warily. I sniff another dossier opportunity.
I think that's already on the way?
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 29.04.16 10:56

I think Kate McCann as an ambassador for missing people serves a very good purpose.

The case handlers thought that by being on the front cover of the missing people campaign would help them hide Kate McCann in plain sight. But I believe it works to the contrary in that people think that it's ridiculous for her to hold that role and many start to think a bit more about the negative aspects of this dreadful woman. Plus it presents a very easy target for anyone critical of the McCann's version of event.

Another misjudgement.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 29.04.16 11:06

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
The removal of Kate McCann as ambassador of missing people Amb10

That pic is creepy.
Look into my eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, look into my eyes.
Don`t look peeps  nah
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 29.04.16 12:40

Mirage wrote:Tread warily. I sniff another dossier opportunity.
Yes, they want a lot of information to allow a vote.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 29.04.16 13:52

Kate McCann as ambassador for missing people, a classic example of 'poacher turned gamekeeper.'
Realist

Activity : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.04.16 22:38

From what we have heard about Ernie Allen (alleged fake abductions), his association with Gerry McCann and Jon Corner in May 2007, Lady Catherine Meyer and her 65% of income salary, not to mention the association that these Charities have with the likes of Cliff Richard, Stephen Fry, Richard and Eve Branson, Tony and Cherie Blair - (I could go on and on with this list but there are so many concerns over this charity (many of which can be found here  https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f52-missing-people-pact-amber-alert-child-rescue-alert )

I would be inclined to leave Kate alone and call for the charity itself to be removed.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11175

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.04.16 16:58

I wonder if Mrs. will be doing any volunteering at the moment or will she wait until the result of the next stage of the Mcsaga is known?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.05.16 10:02

Looks like the petition has now been taken down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 04.05.16 10:17

That's what I though. I just went to check how many signatures there are and got this  

The petition you have tried to access has been disabled by the site administrator.

thinking
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.05.16 10:24

I expected that to happen. The petition allowed comments which probably wasn't a good idea. As I said earlier in the thread, it read more like a vendetta than a justifiable petition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by babsbrid 04.05.16 12:20

I shared the petition to the page I also tried to contact the author to ask if they would add some more info as to why they wanted her removed ie leaving your children unattended but I got no reply I have also sent a message to the author to see if they know why it was removed as it had over 1700 signatures I do agree with you that there should have been more information about the petition but I guess we will never know now x
babsbrid

Activity : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.05.16 13:45

Babsbrid, I know you shared the petition with good intentions but my alarm bells did ring straight away when I saw there was no obvious author plus it was badly written and as you pointed out it lacked information.  It is odd that you never got a reply from whoever set it up.  A genuine petitioner would take note of your query and respond in my opinion.  My gut feeling is that all is not right with this. I did despair at some of the unnecessary nasty comments left on the petition.  It is these few that tar all of us with the same brush when it comes to the media. :-(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by babsbrid 04.05.16 15:17

I know I'm a little concerned now its bad about comments I didn't read any I signed anonymously bit the site and the author have my email I certainly didn't leave a nasty comments that really shouldn't be allowed when you say your gut feeling all is not right with it what do you mean.
babsbrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.05.16 15:24

babsbrid wrote:I know I'm a little concerned now its bad about comments I didn't read any I signed anonymously bit the site and the author have my email  I certainly didn't leave a nasty comments that really shouldn't be allowed when you say your gut feeling all is not right with it what do you mean.

Huh?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by babsbrid 04.05.16 15:30

I was replying to Melisande. Asking about the petition. I get what she is saying now thank you.
babsbrid

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top