The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry to Boost the Fund - Page 3 Mm11

Gerry to Boost the Fund - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry to Boost the Fund - Page 3 Mm11

Gerry to Boost the Fund - Page 3 Regist10

Gerry to Boost the Fund

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry to Boost the Fund - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerry to Boost the Fund

Post by Ruby 17.05.10 16:25

Given it to a worthy cause? A genuine charity?
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 17.05.10 17:21

then it'd be you defrauding people - because you collected for one thing, then took the money and made a decision to put it somewhere else.

Not that any of us held a collection for the McCanns, but I'm pretty sure you can't tell people you're collecting for one thing, then change your mind and give it to someone else.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 17.05.10 17:54

It's the fund that's fraudulent; never heard anyone complain about donations going to a genuine good cause. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 17.05.10 18:01

If you collect for the lifeboats, you can't suddenly decide you don't like the lifeboats and give everyone's money to something else. They donated to the lifeboats - it's not quite as simple as that. Even if you find out the lifeboatmen have been doing things other than saving lives by boats.

If you collect money for a cause then it's not up to the collector to ask for other peoples money to be refunded so they can send it somewhere else that they personally agree with. They can of course request a refund on money that came from their own pockets. That's pretty straightforward and wouldn't involve fraud on their part.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin 17.05.10 22:33

STILL support the McCann family you write off as misguided McCann apologists.

No, Brain-washed and mis-informed, a bit like the North Korean people.
Laffin Assasin
Laffin Assasin

Activity : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 21.05.10 6:20

All this insistence that what Gerry has done is OK because it is within the rules, and legal, reminds me of the recent expenses scandal. How many MPs acted within the rules, but that didn't make it right did it ? Eventually fair play prevailed and the rules had to be changed.

Perhaps Charities need to look at their rules again to see if they need altering. If they are happy with a Company Director of a dubious company using their events to raise money for what is legally his own personal use, then as long as this is made quite clear to the general public who are being asked to part with their money, I have no problem at all with it.
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 21.05.10 10:08

The more one reads and learns about the Fund, the less one feels any understanding of its intended purposes. Anybody connected to the Fund must already have grave reservations about their involvement. This must make for a great many awkward moments around the dinner tables of several residences and establishments. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 22.05.10 10:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Update: May 18th, 2010

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I competed in the Etape Caledonia on Sunday, May 16. Due to mild conditions, excellent pacemaking (especially Duncan Morrison number 1172) and a following wind the whole way round, I managed to come in well ahead of expected in 3 hours 51min 27sec. I finished 171st out of over 3500 finishers so there is not much room for improvement next year!

Thanks to all who have sponsored me and especially Andy Renwick, Alan Crombie, Paul MacIntyre and Michelle Jeffrey for support on the day and donating to Madeleine's fund.

Gerry

I finished 171st out of over 3500 finishers so there is not much room for improvement next year!

So he obviously doesn't think Madeleine will be found by then [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top