The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Regist10

Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by CaKeLoveR 24.12.23 18:31

Well done Crusader.  This will be interesting.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR
Forum support

Activity : 4658

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral New Book:  General Discussion.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Verdi 30.12.23 13:20

Part ll - copied over from video thread..

Thank you again crusader hat .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.01.24 8:46

Part 3.
crusader
crusader
Forum support

Activity : 6916

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.01.24 12:15

I can't get any sound on that video ^^^.

Not meaning to discredit the young lady but I have difficulty understanding what she says, it's a me thing, I have trouble understanding accents and she is slow.

There was an 'unofficial' translation of Snr Amaral's second book circulating the internet shortly after the book was published. It wasn't promoted on CMOMM because it didn't seem fair on the author who would lose out on sales if the book was available free gratis and for nothing.

I've long since lost the run of the translation so the videos are of use.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 06.01.24 12:23

The volume is very low, i'm going to use my headphones to listen to it.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.01.24 12:27

duh

Why didn't I think of that.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.24 13:29

it is that same early copy of amaral his latest book she reads from. 

she told that in the first episode. the problem with that, is it is a machine translation and can miss out other meanings and mixing up boys and girls, because of the use of male and female words. 

so the twins are automatically translated to 2 brothers, and you can not take he or she for granted as a male, or female person. 

what is the reason most of the not english native speaking people prefer english, no difference in you and the higher you, not much to fiddle with male or female identities in words, like the gender missing girl in german.
so much likely chances to offend in speech. 

you tube has a new feature too, that is to find if you click more in the description under the video, that is follow with transcript, it is quite good, and can be more easily use to translate video language too. 

at least i have fiddled a bit around with it and for me it works much better than going by automatic translations, but autotranslation to english is at bit usable, but not perfect, the transcript does not goes into auto translating too. but do never try to use auto translation from dutch to english on youtube, i do not know what happened there, but it not even goes near any translation at all, just one soup of words and a lot of strange and often dirty language, i most times has the idea that was hacked, or just chopped to pieces. so absolute useless.

so i think follow with transcript is a much better function, and you can scroll up and down, even with the video on pause too. and because it is time stamped too, easy to pick up with the video. 

from 3.38 she has adjusted her mic, so be careful with the earphones.

i am not a fan of real times comments besides video's, i would like it more if it was a discussion after she read a bit on, because most are not really full of any quality.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.01.24 14:18

The sound is bad at the beginning, I turn the sound off and just read it myself.
crusader
crusader
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 07.01.24 19:11

It's very hard going, reading Amaral's book, a lot of the paragraphs are repeated and the wording is complicated.
crusader
crusader
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 07.01.24 19:26

Agreed, I don't think I can watch all of it.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.24 19:45

yeah, it is a bit wonky copy pasted. i copied it for myself in google docs and have gotten already a lot of it out, but still it is not a really flowing story. and there are even some bits mixed up. 

his first book is never taken down in the netherlands, i had a bit of hope there would be a dutch, or german translation done from this one, but i still have not found anything. even french i would give a try.

at least you learn quickly that making translations is an art almost. the not official english translation of the first was very well done. this translation missed out that same flow. 

you still can get a bit the meaning, but still you can hardly quote from it, but you can not be very sure it is in that way written in the original.
but it will be hard to find a publisher for english, even if they would call it the translation meant for ireland or malta, it will certainly have the risk to cause trouble. not directly the same as the court cases, but more against resellers. 

and outside english, the buyers market will be maybe to marginal already.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 07.01.24 20:18

I'm plodding on using a magnifying glass.
I haven't found any revelations yet.
crusader
crusader
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.24 20:55

do you mean for using the transcriptions, because if you use google as your browser, you can click on the zoom function, look for the 3 points right of the little circle with a color and the first letter of your name upper right in the google bar, click and choose zoom. the transcription will move under the video if you choose a higher zoom and you can choose the zoom you want and need. i do get the complete sentences still at a zoom of 250%. 

you need to set the zoom back as usual if ready, because it usually keeps the same for all on the same website. not very practical on you tube. 

and there is not even a need to let the video playing, even with that on pause you can read the transcription. only with the sound up, you can hear where it is still book and where she comments herself. 

and if you want the transcript without the times in the video's, look for 3 points in a row in the upper right hand corner in the box of the transcript to take the times down, or up again. 

i like it very much, one of my friends is deaf as a door nail, i am the cripple one, and we have the blind bat too, so we often have to assist each other, before we can get into a discussion. so we can do a lot with these nice extra's. it saves so much time. and more and more websites have such functions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 07.01.24 21:33

Thank you so much onehand, that's much better. singlerose
crusader
crusader
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top