The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Mm11

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Regist10

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 30.10.13 17:00

@galena wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@galena wrote:Kind of puzzled by this comment.  Surely they've known about this 'new evidence' since the Smiths came forward in 2007?
I was refferring to the review..the Smiths statements had been taken and noted in 2007, but I think proceedings were mainly thwarted by PIs, McCanns and their spin, the focus was deliberately guided to Tannerman. The case was shelved because of the lack of evidence, which I believe was hampered.

But for the new 'efits' and the follow up of the Smith sighting, that had been established during the review. However, was not 'significant' enough for a reopening in 2012. IMO
I have to say that if the efits are all they have it hardly seems worth re-opening the case. Efits done weeks later by witnesses who said at the time they wouldn't be able to identify the man they saw immediately afterwards?
Yes, I think there is some kind of damning evidence, against someone or maybe in another area? I doubt we would know at present..I have a feeling PJ would not have agreed to reopen without a feeling of it being a clear cut, and the Smith/efits etc were evidence im pretty sure was around when they said it was unlikely to reopen back in 2012. and as said, all other possiblities must be discarded and proved as to why they are not relevant..I would expect that to happen first before the final blow with the reopening..
avatar
thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Join date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by sar on 30.10.13 17:39

Just been google earthing pdl, where smithman was sighted, tapas bar etc.  [switched to satellite image] distances don't look that far, for someone who's fit, a trip one way with "something" and an unburdened return journey.  Even at night by street lighting.  To come back up around the tennis courts "puffing and panting/ distressed" at the right moment, not that hard.
avatar
sar

Posts : 1037
Join date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Spandex on 31.10.13 6:51

I have a gut feeling that one of the tapas have turned and together with the Smith sighting and phone records may be enough evidence?

____________________

avatar
Spandex

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-03-12

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Silver Shuffle on 31.10.13 6:55

@Spandex wrote:I have a gut feeling that one of the tapas have turned and together with the Smith sighting and phone records may be enough evidence?
Gosh I hope you're Feeling is right... think with the  spin  they are definitely trying to bury Smithman!
avatar
Silver Shuffle

Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-10-24

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Research_Reader on 31.10.13 10:18

I think Smithman was sighted fairly near to where Sergey Malinka was living.
Research_Reader
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Join date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by PeterMac on 31.10.13 10:29

Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)

____________________

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10657
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.10.13 10:32

WHERE could Smithman/Tractorman have been heading?

Obviously, to the farm that his mate,  ol' Macdonald, had!
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 31.10.13 10:33

@PeterMac wrote:Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)
Nothing is clear in this case smilie

IMO I think tractorman is just another process of elimination of earlier theories/sightings
avatar
thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Join date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.10.13 10:37

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)
Nothing is clear in this case smilie

IMO I think tractorman is just another process of elimination of earlier theories/sightings
So NOT a blonde Scandanavian 'LURKER' chap wearing BIGGGGG sunglasses?

( I'll NEVER, EVER 'forget' those BIGGGGGG glasses, says 'witness')
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Sietah on 31.10.13 10:42

@PeterMac wrote:A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.
Think it would be something like this:

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Tapase11

____________________
Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?
Sietah
Sietah

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-10-17

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 7:37

Why does everyone assume that Smithman might have been taking M from 5a to a hiding place?

It's much more likely that she wandered off and was found close to where Smithman was spotted

ie everything is back-to-front

That means that K was genuinely surprised when she found her missing, which seems fair enough

Where was Smithman going? Maybe to a temporary hiding place, and eventually back to 5a when the initial search was over and everyone had gone home

That would allow the cadaverine time to develop and for the scent to accumulate after the body was placed behind the sofa

The best place to hide a body is the place that has already been thoroughly searched
avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 02.11.13 7:57

So MM wandered off into the night, KM was genuinely surprised to find her gone and raised the alarm. Smithman then kills MM and - despite a huge and genuine police, public and then press furore - brings her body back to 5A and puts her behind sofa so that weeks later the dogs will alert? 

Have I read your post right straightthinking?

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 20:53

No
avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:16

Inasmuch as I know the McCanns left 5A May 3 late night/early morning May 4 for the Payne's apartment and were allocated in another apartment at OC the next day. AFAIK they were escorted out of 5A with their belongings the morning of May 4. I've seen pictures of that. So WHEN could Madeleine's body have been hidden in 5A and NOT discovered by the PJ? I'm losing you ...
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:30

Link here:

May 3 - May 4 timeline




01:00


The apartment was not cleared of searchers until 2am


01:00


The PJ arrived at 1am


03:30


By 3.30am the police had packed it in for the night.


04:00


Gerry went out at about 4am with David Payne, another of their group


06:00


Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village

avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:35

Oh, please. And by 3:30 am the PT police hadn't found anything behind the sofa ... ?
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:44

I doubt there was anything behind the sofa before 3.30!
avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:57

@StraightThinking wrote:I doubt there was anything behind the sofa before 3.30!
***
O.K. Now you've lost me completely.
Good night :-)
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:59

Oh dear, do try to keep up - the timeline shows a window of opportunity and you mentioned it yourself
avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 22:09

Just one go, before I turn into the silken sheets: AFAIK there was GNR and PJ on-site continuously.
It's just too late now to look for and dish up all of the GNR and PJ statements. Have a good night ...zzz ...
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by russiandoll on 02.11.13 22:15

I am confused as well by your post, maybe if it was clearer we would not need to keep up.

 You associate Smithman with 5a, so not a stranger then. That is confusing me, because I read your theory as a woken and wandering child picked up and killed by a stranger. Then I thought I had misunderstood it and re read it as  a familiar adult found M who had come to harm after wandering off.

 How did cadaverine develop behind the sofa if M died on the street?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 22:33

How you read my post, russiandoll, is up to you, what matters is what I actually wrote

I'm not here to point the finger at anyone, I don't know what happened, but I do recognise what might be possible

People often say of this case that the pieces of the jigsaw don't fit, and I agree. That's because some of the accepted jigsaw pieces aren't the correct ones but everyone assumes that they are

eg this thread has widely assumed that Smithman might have been taking a deceased M from 5a to somewhere else. That is a huge assumption. As I suggested, she may have wandered off and been found near the Smith sighting location. If one makes assumptions without evidence, one is in danger of drawing wrong conclusions. So we must keep an open mind on where Smithman found her, if indeed there was a Smithman and it was M

Another example of jigsaw pieces not fitting: if M died in 5a on the evening of May 3 during the Tapas meal, she wouldn't have been there long enough for the cadaverine to develop

However, if the body spent even a short time in 5a after the initial search was over, the scent would have been detectable later on

Between 3.30 and daylight on May 4 is an interesting time
avatar
StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by russiandoll on 02.11.13 22:44

I think it fair to say if more than one person misunderstands your posts that possibly it could have been clearer. Sarcastic remarks to chatelaine for example...suggesting it was her fault that she could not grasp your point were unfair. Why don't you just be straight and say who you believe did what and when? I am interested in any theory.

eta your post makes more sense now, I get it, so thanks for elaborating.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 02.11.13 23:42

Yes, unfortunately I don't follow. Wandered off...come to harm...then somehow (for some reason) body brought back to 5A to leave cadaverine behind the sofa some time between 3.30am and 6am?

Except there's no evidence that Madeleine wandered off. No evidence that she came to harm outside of the apartment. No evidence that someone found her well / hurt / dead outside 5A. No evidence that someone brought her back to 5A. 

There's just cadaverine behind the sofa in 5A. 

If the blood dog indicated in 5A then that's a pretty good indication that she came to harm in 5A. If there's cadaverine in the same location it shows her body lay there. If her body lay there, then Occam's razor says it's most likely she died there.

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading?   (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by currio on 03.11.13 0:07

@StraightThinking wrote:
Another example of jigsaw pieces not fitting: if M died in 5a on the evening of May 3 during the Tapas meal, she wouldn't have been there long enough for the cadaverine to develop

Who knows, if she died, when she died?......maybe the day before...now could you believe a word they said nah
avatar
currio

Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum