The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Regist10

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by jozi 24.01.13 13:38

candyfloss wrote:Here is more confirmation from Joana blog.......

McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement

24 January 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Gerry+and+Kate+McCann+and+their+lawyer+Isabel+Duarte%252C+Modern+Inquisitors
They were the ones who took him to court for defamation and asked to suspend the judgement in order to negotiate. On the eve of the trial of Gonçalo Amaral, against whom they filed a complaint, the McCanns asked to negotiate.

by Hernâni Carvalho

It's not often the one that accuses that asks to negotiate but in this case it was so. TVmais found that, on the eve of Gonçalo Amaral's trial, the McCann couple lawyers proposed a meeting in order to reach an extrajudicial settlement[out of court).

In court, Madeleine McCann's parents demanded from Gonçalo Amaral (see box*) a compensation of 1,2 million euro for alleged defamation. Now it's them who propose an extrajudicial settlement. TVmais also learned the lawyers for the defendants (sic) have accepted a meeting to take place within the following 20 days.

As all parties have agreed, the start of the trial, scheduled for 24th of this month at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, “has been suspended because the parties are trying to reach an agreement”, said a judiciary to Lusa News agency. All witnesses have already been notified of the suspension of the hearing.

Now follows a period of six months, after which, if there is no agreement, the hearing will be scheduled and the trial will start.

Read the full story in this week's edition of tvmais, on news-stands now!

in: TVmais, 24.01.2013

Note:* belongs to the paper version/not online (trying to get paper version)

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/01/mccanns-ask-for-extrajudicial-settlement.html

Brilliant News but I hope Mr Amaral does not make a deal......taking it to court is the only way to get these two leeches off his back and show the world what this pair are like.....I would not trust them at all !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by saltnpepper 24.01.13 13:41

Brilliant News but I hope Mr Amaral does not make a
deal......taking it to court is the only way to get these two leeches
off his back and show the world what this pair are like.....I would not
trust them at all !!!

Who knows...will the McCanns be available in 6 months ? It is possible they could be involved in their defence
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 24.01.13 14:07

first I am very happy to se more coming into the public domain re the court case.

However.... Still no word from Amaral himself or the McCanns.

Still no confirmation that the McCanns have caved in and will give up all their claims and not make any demands on Amaral. I expect Amaral will still have to make some concessions to the Mcanns otherwise the court case will go ahead. we will see.
Eddie
Eddie

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 14:12

ed1976 wrote:first I am very happy to se more coming into the public domain re the court case.

Still no confirmation that the McCanns have caved in and will give up all their claims and not make any demands on Amaral. I expect Amaral will still have to make some concessions to the Mcanns otherwise the court case will go ahead. we will see.

Oh for goodness sake give it up, you are talking rubbish. Amaral will not have to pay anything if the McCanns are seeking a settlement, use your loaf. Just how much clarification do you need...........oh I know clarification.

If you haven't got anything sensible to say then don't!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.01.13 14:13

Lets hope the court case does go ahead and the world will see how ridiculous the McCann`s claim is. Then it`ll be Goncalo`s turn to be doing the sueing.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 24.01.13 14:14

candyfloss wrote:
ed1976 wrote:first I am very happy to se more coming into the public domain re the court case.

Oh for goodness sake give it up, you are talking rubbish. Amaral will not have to pay anything if the McCanns are seeking a settlement, use your loaf. Just how much clarification do you need...........oh I know clarification.

We will just have to wait to see who is talking rubbish.

Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 24.01.13 14:23

ed1976 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

ed1976,the village is looking for you.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 24.01.13 14:29

The future is pretty predictable imho.

The McCanns have clearly been advised on the futility of a trial and that salvage is better done behind closed doors.

Money isn’t the issue for the McCanns, because it isn’t theirs.

What is going on is a face saving exercise.

Amaral won’t give them any.

It is unlikely a settlement will be reached.

A further trial date will be set.

On the eve of that trial they will cave completely because it is still better than going to trial otherwise they wouldn’t have been currently advised that now would they?

It’s just the inevitable delayed.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 24.01.13 14:29

tiny wrote:
ed1976 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

ed1976,the village is looking for you.

I'm quite happy not to post anymore until there is more information. I think your excitement and celebrations are premature. The posters on the forum as a whole seem to make up their minds with only limited information and this would explain why so many of your conclusions are wrong. Just my opinion but I feel I will be proved correct. Bye for now.

Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 24.01.13 14:33

monkey mind wrote:The future is pretty predictable imho.

The McCanns have clearly been advised on the futility of a trial and that salvage is better done behind closed doors.

Money isn’t the issue for the McCanns, because it isn’t theirs.

What is going on is a face saving exercise.

Amaral won’t give them any.

It is unlikely a settlement will be reached.

A further trial date will be set.

On the eve of that trial they will cave completely because it is still better than going to trial otherwise they wouldn’t have been currently advised that now would they?

It’s just the inevitable delayed.

Now I make another post.

You agree with me. they will be asking Amaral for a settlement. you may be right, a settlement may not be reached, but if there is it may be confidential and we will all still be guessing. Main thing is Monkey Mind agrees with me that they will be asking Amaral for some concession.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 24.01.13 14:37

candyfloss wrote:

He just doesn't get it does he?

He's been given information, evidence based opinions and facts as to why he is wrong but he still refuses to believe it and worse he refuses to tell us WHY he thinks Amaral has backed down.

It's the archetypal McCann supporter mindset. They have their own pre coneived ideas and no matter how much evidence one presents they refuse to change their mind becuase they "ya know, know, in their heart of hearts that the McCann's couldn't possibly have done it".

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 24.01.13 14:41

monkey mind wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Err I don't think so ed, I have just looked at her timeline, I can't see it. There is one tweet but she was being wound up by pros and she is describing them. If you have the tweet in question post it otherwise don't spread misinformation!
I would suggest that is the sole purpose of Mr Ed’s presence here. His/her constant barrage of unsubstantiated one liners coupled with patent misdirection, misinformation or a complete failure to answer valid questions has done little but that, and served to bury any real discussion of the Blacksmith info at the begining of this 44 page thread. Of course it should be apparent that Ed isnt interested in expressing his opinion to us, he isn't interested in converting us, the guests are his target audience. Job done eh? It is for that purpose alone I will not enter into debate with him/her because quite simply, there isn’t any. And doesn’t Ed just know it.
With you there Monkey Mind. In fact if it were down to me ed1976 would be officially 'edding off by now - permanently.
If someone chooses to believe the MC's , then fine (daft but fine) as freedom of speech and debate is good - but trouble with dear ed is, there IS no debate. Just nonsensical posts. Waste of time the seconds of my life I give away reading them.

"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra FelgueirasBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 670379

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 14:44

How does it work legally? Does a settlement have to be reached, or can the Mccanns simply "drop" the case? Would Amaral then have to sue them for costs and damages?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.01.13 14:56

jozi wrote:
Brilliant News but I hope Mr Amaral does not make a deal......taking it to court is the only way to get these two leeches off his back and show the world what this pair are like.....I would not trust them at all !!!

Ouch.... stuck between a rock and a very hard place -- painful, but of their own doings!
They can neither withdraw or advance without ramifications.

Why did they not simply withdraw the case - would have been much simpler one would have thought. Maybe it is not as easy as that.
Doubtless, doing so would be viewed as having filed under bad faith, hence vexatious and malicious, but what might be the consequences of that?

Let's face it, one of the Amaral's terms must be to require them to issue public statements withdrawing their accusations, admitting their accusations were made out of malice. On top of that to issue a public apology in two countries media for all the slandering and libelous remarks they made against him in the media and in Kate's bewk. All the rest is secondary.

I cant see Amaral accepting anything less as he is in it to clear his name, vindication, and justice for him and his family. Refusing by mccanns to the fundamental terms will result in collapse of negotiation, I believe.

Amaral has nothing to lose, while the mccanns have everything to lose, every which way.

In fact I hope team Amaral includes as condition obliging Kate to include an explanatory addendum to the future publications of her paperback books listing rectifications they reached through negotiation (if it comes to that).
As it stood, her bewk contains libellous material about Amaral and the PJ, an addendum inclusion to right wrong should be in order so that readers will not be misled by the falsities in her bewk ie the collapse of their instigated libel case and what has transpired thereafter should be included for the readers.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 24.01.13 15:07

Still waiting for proof of Joana's tweet calling people c**** or have I missed it?
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.01.13 15:10

Which bit don't you understand that the Portuguese Civil Code obliges them not to comment on an ongoing case (which the libel case is).
That had't stopped the mccanns and their spin machinery before, why now?
Any chance of an answer from you?

Their shameful action follows by crashing defeat is tough to swallow, let's face it. Deal with it!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 24.01.13 15:14

[quote="aiyoyo"]
jozi wrote:
Let's face it, one of the Amaral's terms must be to require them to issue public statements withdrawing their accusations, admitting their accusations were made out of malice. On top of that to issue a public apology in two countries media for all the slandering and libelous remarks they made against him in the media and in Kate's bewk. All the rest is secondary.

I cant see Amaral accepting anything less as he is in it to clear his name, vindication, and justice for him and his family. Refusing by mccanns to the fundamental terms will result in collapse of negotiation, I believe.

Amaral has nothing to lose, while the mccanns have everything to lose, every which way.

Agreed Aiyoyo. I wouldn't settle for anything less. He certainly isn't going to bind himself with any confidentiality agreement. To do so renders everything that has gone before fruitless from his point of view. For him, justice is working in silence, but ultimately it will be loud and clear.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.01.13 15:27

Me wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

He just doesn't get it does he?

He's been given information, evidence based opinions and facts as to why he is wrong but he still refuses to believe it and worse he refuses to tell us WHY he thinks Amaral has backed down.

It's the archetypal McCann supporter mindset. They have their own pre coneived ideas and no matter how much evidence one presents they refuse to change their mind becuase they "ya know, know, in their heart of hearts that the McCann's couldn't possibly have done it".

Chances are she is not a just a blind supporter, but from the camp, here to hijack this thread.
Her (yes despite the name) posts are typical of a delinquent throwing a grenade then fleeing with tail between legs to HQs to avoid answering questions.

It's good to see they are rattled, and continue to fear being exposed for the liars they are.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 15:42

Are you assuming Ed is female as she insists on having the last word, Aiyoyo?!

No Jay2001, you haven't missed confirmation of what Joana M supposedly said. I too am waiting for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.01.13 16:37

I`m in agreement with aiyoyo - its good to see `ed` here, because it means they`re cornered and one of their colony has gone into cornered rat mode. She seems a bit dim as well because she actually thinks Monkey Mind agrees with her Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 82678
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 24.01.13 16:40

jay2001 wrote:Still waiting for proof of Joana's tweet calling people c**** or have I missed it?

I`ve looked through all Joana`s tweets and there isn`t one as described by `ed`. Just another lie.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 24.01.13 16:51

Back on topic Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 110921

It would appear word is getting out little by little. I'm pleasantly surprised Guido has provided a platform on his blog for the latest news to be debated. I wonder what [else] he's heard Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 82678
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.01.13 16:53

ShuBob wrote:Back on topic Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 110921

It would appear word is getting out little by little. I'm pleasantly surprised Guido has provided a platform on his blog for the latest news to be debated. I wonder what [else] he's heard Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 82678

Yes, as I posted earlier Guido has many followers of his blog, and 92,000 + followers on twitter. This tweeted just.......

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 520faeca2e0a8331d1f9dcdf1baf1f46_bigger

Alex Wickham

@WikiGuido

Reporter at the @GuidoFawkes blog. Political Editor of @TheCommentator. aw@order-order.com

London · http://www.order-order.com

Alex Wickham‏@WikiGuido

Still can't believe this story. Sunday Express Maddie McCann photo debunked. http://order-order.com/2013/01/24/revealed-sunday-express-maddie-mccann-photo-blunder/ …

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 24.01.13 16:55

Candyfloss Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 636506
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 24.01.13 16:58

Perhaps, the Express will be forced into explaining why they carried the story. Things may be about to get interesting or I'm I being too optimistic Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 110921

Better an optimist than a pessimist Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 19 725573
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top