The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Mm11

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Mm11

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Regist10

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Empty McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais

Post by Karen Pinto 16.10.13 20:17

McCanns links to government as the origin for the heightened media coverage of the case
16 October 2013 | Posted by  Joana Morais Leave a Comment

Video

CMTV, October 14, 2013

Transcript

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais MitchellSun270713
News Anchor Andreia Vale - The connections of the McCann family to the British government have always been viewed as one of the reasons for the heightened media coverage given to the case. Maddie's father worked for the government and would have aspirations of integrating the executive.

Voice over - From the news of the alleged abduction until the English police landed in Portugal was a matter of few hours. The proximity of the girl's father with the English government made it easier to give priority to the case and mobilize the necessary means. Gerry McCann worked in a committee* for the Government which analysed the impact of Nuclear plants in the environment, at a time when Tony Blair was the prime minister. As a doctor, a cardiologist by profession, the "McCann father" wished to go further and everything suggested that he aspired to have a political office in the government, namely as health minister. The way in which he asked for help when Maddie disappeared also indicates the proximity with the British government. Gerry McCann would have called one of Tony Blair's aides, at the time an university professor. It is this man who takes the first steps in order to help the McCann family. Another name that appears is
Clarence Mitchell, he came to Portugal to advise the McCann couple and to liaise with the media. In his CV was his role as the director of a department that monitored the press and all the news for the British government. He was also the head of the Comms Cabinet Office of Gordon Brown. Connections that succeed in sending to the Algarve dogs, experts, police, and various resources from the United Kingdom.

ongoing

Clip from Anatomy of a Mystery, broadcast by RTP in November 2007

Formers British Ambassador John Buck and Algarve Consul Bill Henderson media conference May 4 2007, Sky News
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Empty Re: McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais

Post by plebgate 16.10.13 21:19

I will bet a tenner any day that he wont be elected.

Caroline Lucas will win again.    She has been very vocal for her constituents and loves a protest. 

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are posters/bloggers who live in Brighton and I should think that they remember the days when the Maddie supporters were called nutters by TM supporters.

They and their families will not vote for him and if the opposition have any nouse they will make it known.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais Empty Re: McCanns link to Government - with thanks to Joana Morais

Post by Krangky 16.10.13 22:00

I have close links to Brighton, lived and worked there for many years, it is still a city I visit often. The residents of the Brighton Pavillion constituency are a mix, progressive, intellectual, cultural, some living in great hardship, homeless, wealthy, bohemian, gay, straight, vibrant, moralistic. Etc etc....

It could be said he would be quite unappealing to voters on so many levels.
All my own opinion of course, which I take is still allowed in the UK?
Krangky

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 16.10.13 22:44

Krangky wrote:I have close links to Brighton, lived and worked there for many years, it is still a city I visit often. The residents of the Brighton Pavillion constituency are a mix, progressive, intellectual, cultural, some living in great hardship, homeless, wealthy, bohemian, gay, straight, vibrant, moralistic. Etc etc....

It could be said he would be quite unappealing to voters on so many levels.
All my own opinion of course, which I take is still allowed in the UK?
I know/knew Brighton fairly well too. And I absolutely agree with you.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top