The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Mm11

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Mm11

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Regist10

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Post by Guest 16.01.13 13:11

All these Brian Kennedys are still causing confusion!

Here's a reminder of the uncle's comment that the money was likely to be used mainly for legal expenses.

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2011/05/brian-kennedy-admits-madeleine-fund-was-for-legal-expenditure/

It's also interesting to hear that Gerry's spirits were lifted by the setting up of the fund. Thanks Eileen for that little gem!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Post by Guest 16.01.13 13:26

It is strange about this case though, that we have 2 Brian Kennedy's involved with the fund in one way or another, 2 Michael Wrights driving the same Renault, and 2 McCanns one owning apartment, one renting.......any more??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 16.01.13 13:27

Thanks Ribisi for the accounts. So they've managed to spend nearly half a million pounds in a year on merchandising and campaign costs. Wow.

I also see for last year there is no mention as in the previous years of using the fund to bring legal proceedings in Portugal.

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 13:28

candyfloss wrote:It is strange about this case though, that we have 2 Brian Kennedy's involved with the fund in one way or another, 2 Michael Wrights driving the same Renault, and 2 McCanns one owning apartment, one renting.......any more??

Two Maddies - one who was abducted and the other one who the dogs say is dead and hidden.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.01.13 13:30

candyfloss wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Brian Kennedy the Uncle ?
The one who said right from the start that the "Fund" WOULD be used mostly for legal fees ?
I wish there were some reporters with the guts to ask the supplementary question "What the Hell are you talking about ?"

I thought the Uncle resigned long ago and returned to work. He was the first to leave the Fund, followed by a few others.

No, that was John McCann GM's brother, and Doug Skehan who resigned in July and August 2010. Brian Kennedy the uncle has been on the board since the beginning, or almost the beginning I think.

ETA I think BK is retired.

All in the family anyway. Jon Corner is Maddie's godfather if I am not wrong.
Apart from Edward Smethurst who is their in-house lawyer, Michael Linett is the only independent(?) Director.

Logically a Fund like that should not have family members as directors.
------
Admin: Link to more info about Michael Linnett https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3258-michael-linnett-director-of-the-madeleine-fund
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 16.01.13 13:34

Jean wrote:All these Brian Kennedys are still causing confusion!

Here's a reminder of the uncle's comment that the money was likely to be used mainly for legal expenses.

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2011/05/brian-kennedy-admits-madeleine-fund-was-for-legal-expenditure/

It's also interesting to hear that Gerry's spirits were lifted by the setting up of the fund. Thanks Eileen for that little gem!
Of course it goes without saying that countless parents of children who have vanished home and abroad neither needed nor asked for a penny in legal expenses, not because they could afford to settle the bills themselves they simply had no need for lawyers nor could foresee any plausible reason why they should.
But Ger’s mum tells us her little boy’s spirits picked up at the launch of the fund.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 13:43

So, not being very clever with accounts can someone explain in plain English what is what? Book proceeds around 350,000 is that correct or have I got it wrong.

According to these articles book sales totalled nearly a million, and the serialisation in the Sun paid the McCanns around £500,000 Then there was the book advance, does that come out of the sales?

Madeleine McCann Missing: Kate McCann Book About Disappearance Raises Almost £1m

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/02/madeleine-mccann-kate-mccann-book-disappear-raise-1m_n_1470227.html

From Rebakah Brookes evidence at Leveson re book serialisation..............

Gerry McCann told the inquiry that they were initially "horrified" about the serialisation, but were later convinced after News International pledged to back their campaign if they agreed to the serialisation.

Brooks can't remember how much News International paid for the book serialisation.

"Hundreds of thousands. It wasn't £1m. Half a million maybe?"

She adds: "I had always got on very well with Gerry and Kate McCann. I think if asked they would be very positive about the Sun. In this case I thought Dominic Mohan's idea to run the campaign, this review of Madeleine's case by the home secretary, was the right thing to do … I don't think I spoke to Theresa May directly. Dominic [Mohan] may have done."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog/2012/may/11/leveson-inquiry-rebekah-brooks-live?intcmp=239
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 14:00

PeterMac wrote:New solicitors
Stevenson Harwood seem to have replaced Bates Wells Braithwaite
I wonder why ?

For the years 2009, 2010 and 2011, Stephenson Harwood are listed as company solicitors along with Bates Wells and Braithwaite. In 2012 BWB is listed as company secretary in the name of BWB Secretarial Ltd.

I don't know why a small company would need two firms of solicitors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.01.13 14:12

Inspectorfrost wrote:Thanks Ribisi for the accounts. So they've managed to spend nearly half a million pounds in a year on merchandising and campaign costs. Wow.

I also see for last year there is no mention as in the previous years of using the fund to bring legal proceedings in Portugal.

Any thing can be hidden under "Merchandising & Campaign" really.
Have we seen the merchandise they marketed in 2012 that is worth 1/2 million? I don't believe so!
Half a million pounds worth of merchandise is hell of a lot of money.
Even if we were to allow half that for campaign, did they do any campaign in 2012 -- after the Review was well underway? I dont believe so!
They might have spin a little in the Press but no real campaign far as I know that would cost that kind of money.

This set of accounts is even less transparent than previous years.
Of course there would be legal fee pertaining to the proceedings in Portugal somewhere in the accounts, just hidden under different heading. Else who paid or would be paying those bills - you can bet your bottom dollar it wont be the mccanns.

We only have CR's words that Fund won't be used for their fees but unless their books are opened for inspection no one is going to be any wiser.

That begs the question just WHO is footing their legal bills and WHY? What is in it for him?
This in itself is highly unusual in a case like this - that a total stranger would pick up the legal tabs for someone not known to him priorly!
Is he just being generous, a plain good samaritan's gesture? Or something else?
It leaves you wondering why he didn't use the money for the Search instead of wasting it suing people as suing people wont bring her back.
Their priority is reversed, unless they already knew she is dead hence search is total waste of money whereas suing people is their priority to stop the truth from coming out.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.01.13 15:52

Mr Linnett serves as a director(trustee) on that charity for 35 years
but resigns after 6 months as a director of the Fund.......interesting

Lifted that from the Michael Linnett thread. So why did he suddenly give up being trustee of Catholic Charity : Faith in Families (adoption agency) after 35 years on it to become a permanent fixture in a much smaller Co. ie the Mccanns Fund?
It just does not make sense. He could well have remained as trustee of both and who's going to complain?

BK is freemason, Michael Linnett is also freemason, so is Edward Smethurst. No wonder it is such a watertight cover up.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 16:39

I also note they say in the accounts that

since March 2012 private investigation of lines of enquiry has been suspended whilst the MPS review progresses.

The public weren't actually informed until October 2012 in this country, and of course 6 months earilier, in May 2012, we had the Portuguese papers telling us that the PI's had not worked for the McCanns since the review started which was May 2011.

From the Express [snipped]....

MADDIE MCCANN PRIVATE EYES OF

Sunday October 28,2012

By James Murray and Tracey Kandohia

KATE and Gerry McCann are no longer employing private detectives to search for their missing daughter Madeleine.

They are pinning all hopes of finding their child on Scotland Yard detectives who are conducting an “investigative review” of evidence but have yet to make a breakthrough.

The Sunday Express understands the McCanns stopped using former police detectives Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley some months ago when their contract ran out.

]

This from Portugal May 2012.....

[snipped]

Despite having forgone private detectives since the British police began working on the case, keep costs assessors and operation of telephone lines and website.
[url=http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2452236&page=-1]http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2452236&page=-1

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 16:53

Aiyoyo: just to confirm that Michael Linnett is still a director of the Madeleine Fund - there was confusion with Philip Tomlinson on the earlier topic.

I haven't seen anything to confirm that he left the Catholic adoption charity; there's no reason why he can't have stayed there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 16.01.13 18:44

Some observations from the very limited information available:

1. GBP738,487 from the book sale was donated to the fund which means other income, namely public donations and sale of merchandise has declined from GBP177,534 in 2011 to GBP117,906 in 2012..

2. Of that GBP738,487 they have separated GBP550,000 as 'Restricted Funds' to cover the direct costs of the search for, and the investigation into the disappearance of, Madeleine. This presumably is so to stem the tide of criticisms that the Fund was being used to pay their lawyers' fees. However, it is impossible to know what is included in the costs of GBP234,086.
From the list of Fund's activities listed on page 2, one would assume the following two to fall into this category:
-facilitated complete hand over of all material related to Madeleine's abduction held by The Fund to the MPS
-supported a small investigation team, including a Portuguese speaker to lead a private search for Madeleine

3. This leaves Merchandising and Campaign Costs of GBP242,727 in the Unrestricted Funds column. This is the figure that could include all sorts of costs including lawyers' fees. If, for example, the lawyers were paid out of the Fund to take News International to court, then it seems morally fitting to donate the compensation won back into the Fund. But that half a million is no where to be seen.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 19:31

It was the Express Group the McCanns sued for £500,000 I think Ribsl.

There was also the £125,000 'hush' money from News of the World, as the Guardian first titled their headline which was hastily changed, on the link below from Anorak.....

http://www.anorak.co.uk/305919/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-when-hush-money-becomes-a-donation.html/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 16.01.13 20:08

candyfloss wrote:It was the Express Group the McCanns sued for £500,000 I think Ribsl.

There was also the £125,000 'hush' money from News of the World, as the Guardian first titled their headline which was hastily changed, on the link below from Anorak.....

http://www.anorak.co.uk/305919/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-when-hush-money-becomes-a-donation.html/
Sorry I got a bit mixed up. If News Int paid for the serialisation of her book, that payment was given to KM but not donated to the Fund even though the money was presumably part of their 'backing the campaign'. nah

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 Empty As a matter of interest.....

Post by Guest 16.01.13 22:33

I see that only £149.00 was received as interest in the 2012 accounts.

There was over half a million there at the end of the year and there could have been more during the year. Surely money that isn't needed immediately is deposited for the short term to get interest. There's an accountant (Mr Linnett) on the board and a fund administrator (whoever that is) to deal with that sort of thing.

There was interest of £33,424 and £21,583 in 2008 and 2009, admittedly when there was more money in the Fund.

I wonder if the book money wasn't paid in until the end of the accounting year; that would help to explain the small amount of interest. That then raises the question of who was getting interest on the money before then - another mystery I feel!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.01.13 22:39

You're right, Jean. Let's say a GBP 550,000 at a short term deposit @ 5% for 3 months would have brought GBP 6,875 before taxes and could have been placed again with another bank, whilst not needed or used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 16.01.13 22:52

aiyoyo wrote:
Mr Linnett serves as a director(trustee) on that charity for 35 years
but resigns after 6 months as a director of the Fund.......interesting

Lifted that from the Michael Linnett thread. So why did he suddenly give up being trustee of Catholic Charity : Faith in Families (adoption agency) after 35 years on it to become a permanent fixture in a much smaller Co. ie the Mccanns Fund?
It just does not make sense. He could well have remained as trustee of both and who's going to complain?

BK is freemason, Michael Linnett is also freemason, so is Edward Smethurst. No wonder it is such a watertight cover up.

The fact that Michael Linnett is connected to a Catholic Charity (adoption agency) has put my brain into overdrive.

In 2007 Madeleine McCann had a distinct mark in her eye, according to her parents, it was thrust down everyone's throats through advertising the fact in posters, photo opportunities with t-shirts, even asking Google to change their homepage to show the 2 "OO" with the distinct mark in them, but by 2012 it had then changed (by her parents) that it wasn't something very significant and they hadn't made much of it. So now nobody in the Universe really doesn't know if Madeleine had a mark in her eye or not ..... so......

where is Madeleine McCann? Would anyone really know?***

It does make you wonder why K & G McCann have so many "hangers on" to everything they do. They are not like a normal couple with a missing child, everyone they deal with or seem to touch in their lives have so many webs going in every direction and having so many other connections, it is beyond the comprehension of most people like myself. I bet if the surface of April Jones's parents was scratched you would just find two parents who only have immediate family and close friends standing by them, not numerous "hangers on", nor dodgy investigators.

ETA: ***I forgot to mention the fact about Eddie and Keela, although there are probably plenty of ways to fake anything if you're desperate to fool people.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 17.01.13 18:50

Perhaps the tax office should ask the McCann's to prove where every penny has really been spent, covering where every single penny has gone in total detail.

The accounts need to been audited thoroughly by the tax office, perhaps people should ask for the accounts to be investigated?

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 17.01.13 19:10

Wonder how many of the other directors will go down with the McCs when all is finally revealed.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 17.01.13 19:20

So according to their accounts they now have a 24/7 telephone line, is that supposed to be manned 24/7 or is it just an answer machine?

They are trying to make it out like it's a big thing adding to their costs, but I suspect if anyone calls the number in the middle of the night, or at unsociable hours at the weekend then no real person will answer it? I think some calls are in order to see if this really is a 24/7 phone line.

Now onto the phone number for said phone line: Investigation Line: +44 845 838 4699

Why would you choose an 0845 number? This type of number cannot be called for free on most mobile networks, and a lot of people are put off by 0845 numbers, hence why all the corporations use them. I do not buy the reason being in case they change location, because numbers are easily updated if changed.

I would assume this is not the world's busiest phone line, and so why is it not free, or at the very least why is it not a local number?

I find the use of an 0845 number to be a very weird choice, for parents supposedly searching for their daughter?!?

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 17.01.13 22:30

0845 numbers aren't free on any network, but are particularly expensive to users of mobiles - and anyone reporting a sighting of the child would be certain to be using a mobile unless she was in their own house. Shocked

0845 numbers are used to generate a profit for whoever set up the phone line, and that is their prime purpose. Naturally parents desperate for news of their missing beloved daughter would find this very appropriate.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.13 22:39

I tried that phone number some time ago and it wasn't exactly a "hot"-line, but more the classical "canned" lady saying " if you want x" push "1" & 'if you want y" push "2", etc ... I didn't go through the entire procedure, nor did I leave a message ... ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.13 22:44

BTW I've been honoured by the cesspit with a nickname: "Madame Big House". Now how did I deserve that?
2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 1710420815
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.13 22:56

Châtelaine wrote:BTW I've been honoured by the cesspit with a nickname: "Madame Big House". Now how did I deserve that?
2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 2 1710420815

A just translation of Châtelaine with location le château.
imo

kindest regards

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top